Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I look for some acts of violence before it's all over, just wait till the "Real" food shortage hits:eek::eek::eek:
yep why I am buying a bit more non perishables than I am consuming right now.
increasing my stockpile. I do not think that in my area it will become serious but in the big metro areas where they are so dependent on regualr shipments of food.... And many items may be hard to get for a while. We may have people trying to trade toilet paper for cans of soup.
And just who thought it was a good idea to let the Chinese buy parts of our food production industry anyway?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might effect everywhere with the meat processing plants all closing down

I can live fine without meat. Have a couple months worth in the freezer. Might get a bit more tomorrow.

that meat plant in SD is a real hotspot for the virus. Chinese owners packed it in?

worst comes to worst I know people with hogs and have butchered them before.
Have even butchered cows and worked for a while as a butcher.

I will NOT NOT pluck chickens though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The amount of meat I eat (and this includes fish, it's most of my meat) in a year is less than most Americans eat in a week

pretty much the same with me. I have about 4 bags of frozen fish fillets in the freezer. Prolly 10 lbs of ground beef, 10 pounds of chicken breasts and about the same of pork chops. And I think 10 packs of hot dogs.
Will last me a long time.
And I have the spaghetti sauce and spaghetti to go with the ground beef too. And some manwitch :)

Kinda surprised me at how all the dried pasta has been pretty much like toilet paper with bare shelves though.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pretty much the same with me. I have about 4 bags of frozen fish fillets in the freezer. Prolly 10 lbs of ground beef, 10 pounds of chicken breasts and about the same of pork chops. And I think 10 packs of hot dogs.
Will last me a long time.
And I have the spaghetti sauce and spaghetti to go with the ground beef too. And some manwitch :)

Kinda surprised me at how all the dried pasta has been pretty much like toilet paper with bare shelves though.
Good storage item;)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Who knows, you need to stay inside my friend:hug:

They were on the street, afaik. Although it sounded like someone on another floor in my building was banging something.

I’d thought that it could be people being sick of lockdown. I just hadn’t heard anything about protesting quarantine. I’m not surprised, though.

Edit: I am indoors. I heard them through my window. It was a bit scary at first, since this is a very quiet area. If someone honks a horn at night, it’s out of place.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I can live fine without meat. Have a couple months worth in the freezer. Might get a bit more tomorrow.

that meat plant in SD is a real hotspot for the virus. Chinese owners packed it in?

worst comes to worst I know people with hogs and have butchered them before.
Have even butchered cows and worked for a while as a butcher.

I will NOT NOT pluck chickens though.

Ack, you’re brave. I’m glad I never had to do anything like that. But for survival, who knows.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
600 on carrier Theodore Roosevelt tested positive with ALL crew tested.
60% were asymptomatic.

A very valid test to me since a closed environment and everyone was tested.
This shows the number of asymptomatic infected is far higher than Fouchi and other experts are saying.

this can be both good and bad news.
Bad on reopening things without adequate testing.
Good if we do develop immunity to the virus once having it, which means the herd immunity thing will kick in sooner vs later because FAR more have had or do have the virus than most suspect.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
600 on carrier Theodore Roosevelt tested positive with ALL crew tested.
60% were asymptomatic.

A very valid test to me since a closed environment and everyone was tested.
This shows the number of asymptomatic infected is far higher than Fouchi and other experts are saying.

this can be both good and bad news.
Bad on reopening things without adequate testing.
Good if we do develop immunity to the virus once having it, which means the herd immunity thing will kick in sooner vs later because FAR more have had or do have the virus than most suspect.
They never tell us the whole truth:gaah:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look After Your Memory. It’s WHO You Are!
mail

Think about it: if you didn’t remember your name, where you live, or who all those people around you are (husband/wife, friends, kids) wouldn’t that be shocking? Terrifying even.

Sadly an ever-increasing number of us face that in the future

Have you ever walked into a room and forgot why you went there? Or forgot a thought in the middle of a sentence? These “senior moments” are one of the inevitable signs of aging and that you are on your way to substantial memory loss, maybe even dementia.

I’ve heard people say that they fear dementia and loss of identity more than they fear death. The point is, there’s not much difference. Once you are gone from the world (out of touch with everything and everyone) you might as well be dead.

That’s not living in the real sense of the word.

So I urge you to take action BEFORE your memory starts to pack up. If you do nothing to stop the rot, your precious memories could be completely gone… never to return.

The worst part is it happens fast.

By the time you are 55, almost 10% of your brain will be gone for good, 20% by the time you are 75. The World Health Organization estimates that the number of cases of dementia is estimated to more than triple by 2050.

Now here’s the thing. Most brain shrinkage is NOT age-related! That’s a myth. It’s lifestyle related. That’s good in a way. It means it can be reversed—quickly and easily at any age.

How? By STOPPING the toxic habits you are doing every day that have been scientifically proven to damage your brain and memory. It’s been my saying for a long time that what you do wrong occasionally isn’t a problem. It’s what you do wrong EVERY DAY that finally wrecks your health.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They never tell us the whole truth:gaah:

I find it interesting that the US is picking on China and rightfully so for under reporting deaths and downplaying the danger of the virus and we have been and are continuing to do exactly the same things.

A real pot vs kettle thing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey your state is now allied with my mutinous state to coordinate reopening things when applicable.
MN, WI, IL, IN, OH. MI and Ky are all working together on it.

VU Sponsors