Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Lessons Cancer Taught Me: Year 3​

In my first year after diagnosis, I started to have realizations about different things I was learning from cancer: ways I was changing, positive growth I was experiencing, and how my perspective on life was shifting. I started writing them down, and it is something that I continue today. I have started to share my lessons from year three in the Facebook group, so if you have missed any of them, visit the link below to see the most recent one, and then meander through the posts on the group wall to see the others. I will keep posting until I share them all. I hope they speak to you and help you find some pockets of light in your own darkness.
See the most recent here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
STOP. => An all-natural way to combat leaky gut syndrome is here.

There's nothing worse than not being able to go to the bathroom the way you need to.

Leaky gut syndrome is horrible. You never know when your stomach is going to be upset oh, you never know exactly what foods you can or cannot eat, and you never know whether or not you're going to be able to wear your favorite outfit or even go out with friends and loved ones.

Today, I've shared eight ways you can naturally heal leaky gut syndrome.

=> If you’re struggling with leaky gut syndrome, one of these 8 natural methods can help

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dr. David Brownstein, M.D., writes:

Question: Are vegetarian diets really good for you?

Dr. Brownstein's Answer:

Can you eat a healthy vegetarian diet? Yes, just as you can eat a healthy diet with foods that come from animals. My patients have done well on both diets. However, a vegetarian one can be fraught with pitfalls.

Unfortunately, some people who go on vegetarian or vegan diets lose too much muscle and suffer from fatigue and muscle aches. In such cases, lab tests typically show that these patients are suffering from malnutrition from consuming too little protein and fat.

Special: Dr. Crandall Saved His Own Heart With This

I once went to a prominent spa in Florida where they served a vegan diet of raw vegetables. I was there to lecture to the staff and residents about how they could improve their health. Blood profiles of three employees who lived and worked there revealed the same problem: They were malnourished because they ate too little protein and fat. When I suggested they increase protein intake by eating eggs, wild fish, or organic animal products, they were appalled. I was literally ushered out and told not to come back.

A vegan or vegetarian diet can be healthy. However, it is important to get fat and protein from other sources. Otherwise, the body becomes deficient in fatty acids, fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), and protein.

When deficient, the human body goes into a state of catabolism, in which it literally breaks down muscle and body fat to survive. Eventually, this leads to health problems.

If you are going to embark on a vegan or vegetarian diet, educate yourself about what fats and protein do for the body, and how you can ensure that you get enough of both.

When you begin such a diet, I recommend monitoring nutrients with regular blood tests. These will measure levels of protein, fat-soluble vitamins, and fatty acids.

Dr. David Brownstein, M.D., editor of the Natural Way to Health newsletter, is a board-certified family physician and one of the nation’s foremost practitioners of holistic medicine. In addition to his practice, Dr. Brownstein has lectured internationally to physicians and is the author of six very popular books.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Higher vitamin D levels, stronger immune response protect children from COVID-19​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ten year study shows that UNVACCINATED are far healthier than their vaccinated peers who suffer from more respiratory infections, asthma, allergies, etc.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Merck plant where COVID-19 vaccines will be manufactured a “biohazard nightmare,” production floor smeared with feces​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Monday​

December 14, 2020

Blaming someone else is easy. Taking complete responsibility for your life, including the bad aspects is difficult. That's why many of us tend to avoid facing our own flaws and shortcomings and blame others for the discontent we experience in our lives. Always complaining or blaming other people for the unpleasant circumstances in your life is an exercise in futility. You can't control anybody else but yourself. Your life is your responsibility. Even though other people influence your thoughts and feelings, it's ultimately your approach towards life that makes all the difference.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Are you confusing aging with inflammation? Know the signs.​

Fight harmful inflammation naturally to rejuvenate your health
The signs seem to creep up out of nowhere—achy, stiff joints, brain fog, low energy and old tired looking skin—until one day they’re impossible to ignore. “I’m aging,” you think to yourself as you reluctantly accept these common signs of aging as inevitable.
Only they’re not inevitable and they’re not even indications of advancing years, but of ‘hidden’ and harmful inflammation.
This chronic inflammation is a silent 24/7 assault on virtually every part of your body, interfering with the proper functioning of every health system in your body, from your heart and brain to your skin and immune health.
What’s most insidious about this barrage of inflammatory attacks on your cells is that they are nearly impossible to avoid since they are commonly associated with things like:[*]
  • Environmental pollution – Unless you live in a (non-plastic) bubble, you can’t escape it.
  • Diet – A few drinks; a bagel on a busy morning; an American-sized pasta dinner… they all contribute.
  • Stress – it’s not one stressful day you have to worry about… it’s the buildup over months of daily stress.
Like you, 2020 has disrupted my daily routines, taking my stress and health worries to a whole new level.
Having battled a painful and embarrassing autoimmune condition that’s triggered by inflammation, I’m hyper-vigilant about reducing the triggers that want to set my internal health ablaze.
And one way I control harmful inflammation is by using two targeted therapies I would never be without, one that I discovered in my travels to Bangalore, India and one travelling to the South of France. And both are time-honored and scientifically-proven.
You may be familiar with some of the benefits of Turmeric and Resveratrol. I talk and write about them often. Perhaps you take some form of them already or have in the past.
And when combined, Turmeric and Resveratrol have the power to defuse the ticking hidden inflammation time bomb.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Happiest Holidays Between Thanksgiving and New Years

Part of the fun, tinsel-laced, snow-kissed holiday tension during this stretch of the year is determining whether to say “Merry Christmas,” because it reminds you of your childhood and watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV, or saying “Happy Holidays,” which has no sentimental value except that it includes the previously excluded.

The reality is, of course, that there are many, many more religious and cultural holidays between Thanksgiving and NYE that don’t necessarily stem from Jewish, Christian, or African traditions. (Talking Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa here.)

And let’s face it, the Christmas traditions that most people hold nearest and dearest — decorating the Christmas tree, giving presents, Santa Claus sneaking into the house with gifts, the twelve days of Christmas referencing twelve feasts and festivals — don’t relate to Christianity at all.

They’re pagan.

But America was so overwhelmingly Christian for so long, other holidays didn’t get a lot of attention.

In 2019, 65% of the United States is Christian (including Catholics, Jehova’s Witnesses, and Mormons).

5.9% is Jewish, 1.9% is Muslim, 0.9% Buddhist, 0.7% Hindu, and a solid 26% is areligious.
And yet, not much is widely known about the other religious and cultural holidays in the December canon.

Let’s take a look at some of the other celebrations that are going on while Santa’s cooking up Christmas at the North Pole.
Mawlid al-Nabi Islam November 20-21st

This holiday is for the Prophet Muhammad, the father os Islam. It celebrates his birthday, and in its most festive form, it is celebrated with a carnival or street procession. Charity, food, and poetry mark the occasion.
Advent Fast Orthodox Christian November 28th

Orthodox Christians start fasting two weeks before Christmas, but the advent begins on the 28th. You’ll often see candles lit in windows every night, wreaths hung, and attending Church ceremonies.
Bodhi Day Buddhism December 8th

This is the celebration of the day that Siddhartha Gautama, the historical Buddha, found enlightenment, or bodhi. He’d been sitting under a peepal tree for many years until he figured out the root of all suffering and determined how to end it. In observing Bodhi Day, people meditate, have a meal of tea and cake, focus on kindness towards others, or study.​

Las Posadas LatinX Christianity December 16th - December 24th

Though it’s celebrating the story of Mary and Joseph, it’s got its own traditions and salutations. This celebration lasts nine days and is an at least 400 year old Mexican tradition, with roots in the 10th and 11th centuries (although it fell out of favor with the Church since it wasn’t somber enough). It’s also the genesis of the Christmas Pageant.

To learn about the rest of the happy holidays, click here!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Best Fix for Your Heart Is No Fix at All

By Chauncey Crandall, M.D.

Sometimes, things happen, and a miracle heart fix, like a pacemaker or a heart transplant, is the only option for recovery.

But most of the time, this isn’t the case. Generally, the need for fixes stems from either congestive heart failure or irregular heartbeats, the two major complications that come from heart attacks.

Special: Doctor Reveals Truth About 'Super Oxygen' Breathing Cure for 100+ Diseases

It is absolutely within your power to prevent and reverse heart disease.
A plant-based, whole-food diet continues to be the cornerstone of both heart disease prevention and reversal. You should eat a diet that is comprised of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, along with non-meat forms of protein, such as tofu and beans.

Here’s a hint: The best way to find “whole foods” is by shopping in the outer aisles of the supermarket (organic if possible), and steering clear of the middle sections, which contain packaged, canned, and processed food.

Of course, the other cornerstone of a heart-healthy program is exercise. Each day, you should walk for at least an hour. This is in addition to other exercise you may choose to do, like riding a bike, working out with light weights, dancing, and other forms of physical activity.

In recent decades, the field of cardiology has made amazing, almost miraculous advances in the treatment of advanced heart disease. New devices and procedures allow people who would once have been doomed to an early death to now live long and productive lives.

But no matter what the capabilities of modern medicine, the best treatment is to lead a well-balanced, heart-healthy life — and therefore never have to find yourself on the operating table.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good day, Jimi!​
It’s possible to change your life for the better, so you can live longer — and without chronic disease.

The Live Longer, Feel Better! Docuseries will help you learn:
  • Natural cancer treatments
  • Role toxins play in our lives
  • Crucial importance of a plant-based diet & hydration
  • Successful treatments for dementia
  • Alternatives to antidepressants
  • How emotions & spiritual aspects of life affect health
  • Natural steps you can take to minimize stress
  • And more!
We invite you to join an ever-growing, global community of people who are empowering themselves to look after their own health.

--->>Learn strategies for prioritizing your health when you attend this complimentary, online event!

You’ll hear patient success stories and have the opportunity to explore natural methods for rejuvenation, longevity and vibrant health.

Be sure to mark your calendar for day 1 on January 18-27, 2021!​

Why attend this important health event?
Executive Producer Trevor King became a health advocate when he began his journey to address his long-standing depression. He set out to find natural solutions that worked better than antidepressants and discovered that there are well-documented natural treatments with greater success rates than prescription medication for many of the health impacts of our modern lives.

His journey resulted in this broad-ranging series that has already reached and touched hundreds of thousands looking to improve their lives for the better.

While it challenges the status quo on aging and disease, the latest edition of this 10-episode docuseries will offer expert strategies for prioritizing your health now so you can turn your world into one where health comes naturally.

Want to maximize your chances for living a long, healthy life? Let’s do it together!

--->>We’ll see you online at The Live Longer, Feel Better! Docuseries when you register now!
To your health,
Bob & Bobby
Co-founders, HealthMeans

P.S. When you register for our Live Longer, Feel Better! Docuseries, you’ll also unlock early-access interviews, complimentary guides and helpful eBooks about living your most resilient life!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CDC to suspend data collection for 2020-2021 flu season amid rising COVID-19 deaths, causing all flu deaths to be counted as “covid deaths”​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dr. Osborne here,

Nutrition, the foundational pillar of your immune system. Why are we hearing nothing about nutrients and immune function. The information I cover in Pick Dr. Osborne's Brain tonight is going to "blow your mind". Don't miss it.
Join me tonight at 6 pm CST as I discuss this vital information that is being censored by MSM coverage.

Join me on YouTube
Join me on FaceBook

Always looking out for you,
Dr. Osborne - The Gluten Free Warrior
[HASH=501]#Save100MillionLives[/HASH]

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Don’t have time to read this email? You can the FIRST to join the no-cost Detox Secrets Mini Masterclass from our friend and natural living expert Robyn Openshaw, who studied detoxification from doctors all over the world. It's only open for a few days!
Are you thinking about your New Year’s resolutions yet?
For so many of us, the end of the holidays signals the beginning of a diet. We get grumpier as it nears, just thinking about it!
We’ve read that calorie suppression and food fads haven’t served us very well--plus we’ve experienced it personally.
But we swear that THIS time, we’re going to be the exception to the rule.
We’ll triumph over the statistics. (You know, those stats that we later regain every pound--and then some--the inevitable consequence of counting, and deprivation--in a world where any food you want is quickly and easily obtained.)
What if you could achieve the same weight-loss effects WITHOUT counting calories, or grams of protein…..and achieve dozens of other health benefits at the same time?
What if you could massively decrease inflammation, what if your joints didn’t hurt any more, in just days?
What if you could heal your digestion...clear brain fog...lift the clouds of anxiety or depression, to get your high vibe back... and love the skin you're in!
And what if you could do the absolute BEST thing for supporting your immune system, at a time when you really need to support it?
No, we're NOT talking about a diet.
We're talking about DETOXING. But not any detox. A comprehensive, guided, whole-body, science-based detox program.
Robyn Openshaw, “GreenSmoothieGirl”, has studied human detoxification with the best holistic doctors, on 4 different continents, for 26 years. And she's helped almost 20,000 people through the process, and has seen people achieve some seriously incredible results.
What kind of results? 10 benefits you might expect from a significant detox, rather than planning another diet. This is what participants of her detox program said happened for them:
  1. Average 12.5 pound weight loss (some as high as 27 pounds!)
  2. Higher ENERGY, all day
  3. Joint pain disappearing
  4. Better digestion (MORE coming out, which is good)
  5. Disappearing autoimmune symptoms
  6. Food cravings gone
  7. Mood stabilizing (calming anxiety and depression)
  8. Skin clearing
  9. Blood sugar stabilizing
  10. Brain fog clearing, mind is sharp again
With so many “detox” programs and products out there, detoxification is losing its meaning. But, when it’s done the right way, detoxification could be the missing link to finally releasing those extra pounds … and improving your health.
Because, even if you think you eat and live healthy, your body might be holding on to toxins that are preventing you from achieving your health goals.
(Toxins are EVERYWHERE in our world today, and our bodies simply can’t keep up. They weren’t made to deal with this level of toxicity, non-stop.)
What’s your next step? I’m excited to invite you to Robyn Openshaw’s eye-opening Detox Secrets Mini Masterclass, which is going on now.
It’s totally F-R-E-E.
You'll discover:
  • Why detoxing (the right way) could finally give you the permanent weight loss you’re seeking
  • 7 types of toxicity — and how to eliminate them, for good
  • The 8 most detoxifying foods — and the 11 most toxic foods (some of these might surprise you)
  • Why a real detox is about MORE than the physical results you’ll enjoy
--> Sign up HERE to watch Robyn’s Detox Masterclass — because it closes in a few days!
And then, if it’s for you, we highly recommend doing Robyn’s full detox program, in January. It just might be the most productive rest-and-repair you’ve given your body in an entire lifetime. And she only leads it with a big group ONCE per year, in January.
And think about inviting a friend to watch the masterclass with you — someone you’d love to do the detox program with you, for greater accountability and success.
See you in the class!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Raise your hand if you could use some more energy at this time of year! I know I could.

What happened to that seemingly endless supply that we used to have when we were kids? Remember when you could stay up all night with friends and still function at school or work the next day?

Is that infinite fountain of youthful spunk gone forever? Not if you ask my good friend Ari...

For the past six years, Ari Whitten has been working alongside leading scientists and physicians to develop the most comprehensive course available to overcome fatigue and boost energy: The Energy Blueprint.

If you're looking to access abundant energy, Ari can show you how. No more relying on coffee to get you kick-started in the mornings!

Learn how to tap into your own reserves of abundant energy and register here!

Here's what you'll learn from Ari:

• 4 proven strategies that can reduce depression by over 30% or 40% in just a few days.
  • A special compound that supercharges the battery inside each of your cells (a.k.a your mitochondria) and the knowledge of how to access it.
  • Science-backed supplements that can turbo boost your brain function, helping to decrease anxiety, eliminate brain fog, and protect against brain diseases.
  • A hidden cause of fatigue that few people are aware of (but affects more than 9 out of 10 people!).
  • A simple daily routine that can literally DOUBLE or even TRIPLE your energy levels (and dramatically improve your mood and brain function) in just 5 minutes a day.
Make sure you sign up for Ari's free info-packed masterclass here, and tune in on Thursday, December 17th at 4:30 p.m. PST!

Here's to abundant energy and an invigorating festive season for all of us!

Stay curious,

Nick Polizzi
Host of Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science
& Founder of The Sacred Science

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
Millions of women are dealing with hypothyroidism—but many have no idea.
Whether because doctors dismiss symptoms or tests show up as being "inconclusive," undiagnosed hypothyroidism is rampant.
Today Dr. Eric and Dr. Kelly are here to share their powerful protocol, designed to help prevent and address hypothyroidism.
(But really, it can truly be used to improve the way you feel no matter what health issues you have.)
Tune in today to identify your health breakthrough and what you can do to get started!

Essentially You Episode 248: The Truth Behind the Undiagnosed Epidemic of Cellular Hypothyroidism with Dr. Eric Balcavage and Dr. Kelly Halderman​

==> LISTEN NOW <==

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CALL TO ACTION
HOW To Stand For Health Freedom
Never before has the US seen more predatory bills sponsored by pharmaceutical companies targeting the removal of parental rights, informed consent, and health freedom. Join the movement to stay informed of opportunities to take a stand and hold the government accountable for your ability to choose how you care for your body and your children.
  • Join SHF to be part of a growing community of health freedom advocates.
  • Read SHF emails and alerts to know when and why it’s important to take a stand.
  • Click to send pre-drafted, customizable messages to the right elected officials at the right time.
  • Share our messages and campaigns with your peers.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
High-Fat Diets Bad for Gut Bacteria

By Chauncey Crandall, M.D.

Has a high-fat meal ever left you feeling bloated and sluggish? It turns out that a high-fat diet may keep the many bacteria that live in your digestive system from doing their best.

New research found that when people boosted their fat intake to 40% of their daily diet for six months, the number of "good" gut bacteria decreased while "unhelpful" bacteria amounts increased.

In China, where the study was conducted, a traditional diet is low in fat and high in carbohydrates. That, however, has been shifting to a diet higher in fat. At the same time, the rates of obesity and Type 2 diabetes have been rising.

Special: This Gut Health Secret Is Key to Your Body's Immune Challenges

To see if changes occur in the gut microbiome when people transition from a low-fat diet to a higher-fat diet, researchers recruited about 200 young people — average age 23 — who weren't obese.

Average fat intake before the start of the study was about 31%. The study volunteers were randomly placed into one of three groups for six months. One group ate a diet comprised of 20% fat, another ate 30% of their daily calories from fat, while the third had a 40% fat diet.

All three groups had weight loss, but the lowest-fat group lost the most weight and had the greatest reductions in waist circumference, total cholesterol, and bad cholesterol.

The low-fat diet group also had an increase in gut bacteria that have been linked to lower cholesterol levels. Those on the higher-fat fare had an increase in a different type of gut bug — one that's been linked to higher cholesterol levels.

Their diet was also associated with "significant" changes in long chain fatty acid metabolism, producing higher levels of chemicals that are thought to trigger inflammation.

Vegetables, legumes, fruits, grains and nuts, avoiding processed meats, limiting red meat and cheese, and balancing intake of fats, carbohydrates, and protein are suggested for a healthy microbiome.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
Healthy fudge is one of my favorite quick and easy treats.
The base is made with virgin coconut oil, cocoa powder, and unsweetened chocolate, plus your favorite sweetener. For this version, I add peppermint essential oil and cacao nibs for flavor and crunch.
Play around with other additions to create your own varieties! Toasted nuts or sesame seeds, freeze-dried raspberries, and powdered peanut butter are a few of my favorites.

Mint Cacao Fudge Ingredients​

• 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil
  • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • ½ cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
  • 1-4 tablespoons stevia-based sweetener
  • Small pinch of salt
  • Peppermint essential oil
  • Raw cacao nibs

Instructions​

Step 1: Melt coconut oil and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt and whisk until completely combined. Taste and adjust by adding more sweetener if needed.
Step 2: Off heat, stir in peppermint essential oil one drop at a time until desired level of mintiness is reached. Pour fudge into ice cube trays or candy molds, sprinkle with raw cacao nibs, and refrigerate until solid.
Step 3: Enjoy fudge right out of the refrigerator. It will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
A Note About Sweeteners: Stevia sweeteners vary in granularity and sweetness. A fine powdered product with a medium sweetness level is ideal for this recipe, but you can make any product you prefer work by adjusting the quantity. You can also grind any sweetener in a clean coffee grinder to make it finer. Maple syrup or coconut sugar work as well if preferred.
Want more healthy recipes? Make sure you download the full collection in my Healthy Holiday Recipe guide below!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Release from "mind-made" limits...

Here's what I've been working on over the last few weeks (and why).

I'm so tired of seeing the physical and mental limits people put on themselves.

I'm frustrated with the limits that OTHERS put on you (especially concerning your health, happiness, performance, & longevity)

I'm sad that people don't know these limits are even there (like a blind spot).

And then, once they're aware of their blind spots, they don't know what to do about them...

....or that these limits are the MAIN REASON they don't have the health or life they want (no matter how much "action" they're taking to fix it).

To help you release from these "mind-made" self-imposed limits...

....I'm releasing my Superhuman MINDSET Training eCourse with a SPECIAL BONUS!

For a sneak peek into what’s inside the Superhuman MINDSET program, you can check it out HERE in my private [HASH=1832]#BeYourOwnGuarantee[/HASH] Facebook Group.

Here are just a few things you’ll learn:

**What is "Mindset"? (AND what is it NOT!?)
**How to KNOW if you need mindset training
**If you overthink, doubt, compare, procrastinate, avoid, are unhappy, unfulfilled, fearful, or stressed easily... these are primary reasons for feeling "stuck" in your progress
**Why 'taking action' by itself leads to UNSUSTAINABLE results.
**The problems with traditional HEALTH and FITNESS programs (and what they're missing)
**A description of each Superhuman MINDSET Lesson

What does all this mean for you? It means finally BREAKING FREE from the "mind-made" limits on your health, happiness, and life.

Watch the video HERE to see what you get in this training.

And as a SPECIAL BONUS for signing up before December 18...

You and I will have a 30-minute Mindset Consult at no additional cost (which is normally $297 just for that!).

During your consult, we discuss:
+ Your specific GOALS whether it's reaching a certain level of health, fitness, performance, or other benchmark
+ The CHALLENGES OR CONCERNS you have in attaining these goals
+ IDENTIFYING what's stopping you from achieving them
+ The MOST EFFECTIVE PLAN to help you accomplish the health and life you want

So altogether, you get the:

>> Superhuman MINDSET eCourse ($197 value) + 30-minute Mindset Consult with me ($297 value) for only $97.

But remember, the special bonus expires in less than a week.

Head HERE now to get all of this.

It’s time to break-free from any limits on your health, fitness, happiness, and life… and Be Your Own Guarantee.

- Dr. Ryan

P.S. The bonus consult for the Superhuman MINDSET eCourse goes away in just a few days. You can learn more about and purchase the program (w/ bonus consult) HERE.

You’re going to want to make sure you get this to set yourself up for sustainable healthy success... now and for a lifetime.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shorter, colder days mean less chances to replenish our stores of Vitamin D...

What is Vitamin D?

Despite its name, “vitamin” D is actually a hormone – and a powerful one at that. You can find vitamin D receptors in almost every cell and tissue in the human body, where it is responsible for regulating up to 200 genes.

The reason you may have heard of vitamin D referred to as the “sunshine vitamin” is because vitamin D is synthesized from cholesterol when your skin is exposed to sunlight. At least this is true for a lot of people. Many others have genetics that do not allow this conversion to occur, which means they really need to focus on getting enough vitamin D in food and supplementation.

Vitamin D2 vs. D3

There are two types of vitamin D: D3, or cholecalciferol, and D2, or ergocalciferol.

D3 is the natural form of vitamin D that is produced by your body when your skin is exposed to sunlight. It is the most biologically active form of vitamin D, meaning that it has superior absorption and is the type preferred by your body. D3 is also found in wild fatty fish like salmon and sardines.

D2, on the other hand, is produced by irradiating the yeast sterol ergosterol, as well as in sun-exposed mushrooms. This is the type you’re most likely seeing added to your fortified non-dairy milks and other packaged products. Humans do not produce vitamin D2, and research shows it is less readily absorbed than D3. (In other words, if you are planning to supplement, go with D3 - and you can help it to do its job when combined with vitamin K.)

Deficient, Sufficient, Adequate, and Optimal

How would you describe your vitamin D levels?

Most conventional doctors will tell you that your Vitamin D is "fine" if you have a level of 20 nanograms/milliliter to 50 ng/ml. This is considered "adequate" for healthy people. A level less than 12 ng/ml is what will constitute vitamin D deficiency.

In natural medicine, we prefer to strive for optimal levels of vitamin D. Remember that I said vitamin D is responsible for regulating over 200 genes. It is also important for heart health, hormone balance, fertility, bone health, cancer prevention, autoimmune disease protection, and fighting off infections - like the big virus that is top of mind right now.

Optimal levels should be between 60-90 ng/ml.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Asymptomatic Covid-19 spread isn’t real, so why are people still wearing a mask?​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine is a dangerous dud​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's Health Thought:

“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest, yet most powerful things humans can do for each other."

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Wednesday​

December 16, 2020

You know yourself best. Don't lose your sanity over remarks by people who don't even know you that well. Trust yourself. Don't let anyone mess with your self-confidence. Nobody is worth stressing over. When you truly believe in yourself and know your worth, you won't get affected by other people's negative opinions of you. Value yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You have to choose yourself.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WARNING!
You’re Living in the
STRESS
Danger Zone
Americans are stressed out.
In fact, we routinely report some of the highest levels of stress and worry in the world.*
And that was before the added burden of living with Covid-19. So it’s safe to say that stress levels are “off the chart” today.
If you suffer from any of these common signs of stress, you have plenty of company:
  • Frequent headaches
  • Heartburn or stomach pain
  • Frustration or anger
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Feeling overwhelmed
  • Mood swings
  • Weight gain
  • Tiredness
  • Changes in appetite
  • Back pain
  • Forgetfulness
  • Difficulty concentrating

And that’s just the short list. The American Institute of Stress details 50 different signs of harmful chronic stress.*
Stress has indeed become endemic in our society.
Take a deep breath and just imagine a feeling of calm, no matter the amount of chaos around you.
You’re focused and more energized to get things done. You feel lighter and in control again – not overwhelmed. And that tightness you’ve been carrying around in your neck and shoulders starts to loosen up and melt away.
Please keep reading as I reveal how you can feel like yourself again, easing the stress – virtually washing it away – with a gentle, all-natural remedy, backed by centuries of traditional use and dozens of modern-day clinical studies.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

5 Of The Best NEW Quarantine Workouts​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Study: Fans May Help Cancer Patients Breathe Easier

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Herbs, Spice & Everything Nice: Your Guide to Healthy Holiday Eating​