Become a Patron!

Joyetech Cuboid Problems & Quality Control Issues

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was actually considering it, apart from the 25A limit someone here reports that the paint/finish comes off, that is a definite no no for me, add to that it does not do SS316 my favorite wire material.

Right now the Wismec Classic is my top choice, looks sexy enough for me to consider :)
No the paint doesn't come off if u know what ur doing...and ur being careful... If u want quality I will go with SIGELEI... there's no perfect device out there..but there's quality and that's Sigelei...

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, other than grabbing the "manufactures attention" you have stated that you don't want another Cuboid, we get that, and no other mod seems to suit you.

So if I understand you correctly, the main purpose of your post is attention. If I were the manufacturer I'd probably weigh the balance of reports about this mod, and compare them to yours. Considering they are assembled in clean rooms, notable for a lack of "machine oil" splashing around, I'd disregard the issue as somebody who was careless with their mod, and is trying to get a new one.

You are obsessed with scratches are you not? Did you not ask another member here to scratch their Cuboid to satisfy you about the durability of the finish?
Bla bla bla, the manufacturer can have pictures or even the mod itself to check it for their selves so it is very easy for them to verify. i am getting a new one or a refund anyways regardless, no need for this thread for that purpose, but if they dare be that careless about their quality control then people deserve to know.

Yes i asked someone in another thread in VU to try scratching their Cuboid before i bought mine to check the durability of the finish, so?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@skt239 I apologize for including you in the silver gang, i actually find your posts intensely useful, i just found Silver Contributor and an attack, another Silver Contributor and then another attack lol :) so i thought you were backing them up senselessly

Please accept my apology your posts are amazing and i thank you for them
No worries. Good luck.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@skt239 @OneBadWolf @BadLuckAndTrouble Silver Contributor Gang, who joined the board around the same time, have around the same number of posts, all have the Silver Contributor badge, liking one another's posts and ganging on new members, probably @BadLuckAndTrouble his wife and his cousin or something similar, now you guys are unnecessarily annoying, hijacking people's threads in gang/group is lame, weak and childish, just stop it for Fu**'s sake. you are just making an unbelievable distraction here, no one is benefiting from your posts other than you of course having fun engaging in internet bullying.

Apart from the bullying and being annoying as hell, he did not help me a bit!, helping others does not give him the right to bully members and hijack threads.

So he is playing VU police? what are the moderators doing then? i could have posted the pics very easily if he asked nicely and in a context where pics are appropriate or needed, but bullying me into posting pics because he is policing the board for trolls? right he can just go scr** himself.

And you know better? this is not 1 off mod, how many threads in this board, reditt etc report scratched screen or freaking film protector for that matter? why would a vendor deliver a lot of products with scratched parts?

How many threads report rattling button? have you seen the reddit link i posted about the Atomizer short problem? have you seen the posts in this forum about the screen alignment problem?

Joyetech has seriouse quality control issues with this mods that need to be urgently addressed, a thread like this is actually very useful, if it grabs the manufacturer's attention and make them address these problem with a new revision, intact screen, stable button, elegant and clean packaging then we all benefit by having a better product to use.

I got burnt by waiting weeks for this product to be released, waiting for it to reach a local retailer, buy it and wait for the vape mail, open it to find all this shit out, send pics to the supplier, wait for approval, now i need to mail it back and wait or search for something else to buy, the least i could do is a thread like this to help make a better decision on my next purchase and vent a little about my bad experience, so the last thing i need is a Silver Contributor Gang of Bullies!

So sorry to have not believed what you posted on an internet forum without ANY proof whatsoever your high(outofyourmind)ness

All of these accusations by a New Member badged poster with, what, a whole 30 posts when this thread started? Get over yourself, you'll need thicker skin on the interwebs Francis.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
your main goal was to rip the mod and company that produced it to shreds. A famous quote goes like this: "A picture is worth a thousand words". Since you want to tar and feather the company and mod. Wouldn't an even better way to do it be by posting the pictures (that you already have said more than once you have and sent to your dealer) that back up your story?
LOL i won't and can't "rip apart" one of the oldest manufacturers of personal vaporizers with a thread in a forum :) and indeed if it was my purpose i would post pictures, how hard would it be to do? really? think about it? if this is my goal do you think it is hard to create pictures for it? with some abuse and Photoshop touch ups i could turn the Cuboid into an ugly Frog, lol, i am just proving a point that if i was doing this it would have been very easy for me to produce the pictures to back it up :)

Anyone can come on the internet and say anything. Without pictures to back it up, it's just meaningless hearsay imo.
You are right, first i do not want or have to "prove" my story in an investigative sense of things, this is what you don't get, i can of course post pictures if people are curious to check them out, but to prove my story and rip a company apart and all that huge mambo jumbo, utter BS, not interested.

Plus i am not saying "anything" all of these quality control issues have been reported by many people like stated before evident in many posts in VU, Reddit and elsewhere, so these problems are not new or unheard of for the device, but there is no one i know of apart from myself who have all these problems in the same sample.

Before you accuse me of being butthurt, I'll state for the record. I don't own this mod or for that matter any mod that has a Joyetech chip in it. I don't have a horse in this race. However you are new here and have taken it upon yourself to insult helpful members here without any proof to back up your claims.

butthurt? why and how? should you be? i didn't accuse you of any of that, new or old who cares? i also helped people in my short time here, and in few months time i will be OLD too, and probably more helpful, so what? at that time i would have the right to give NEW members hell for fun? this is how it works here?

So i did not insult anyone, and i do not need or have to "back up" my "claims" haha

Here is the thing though, only two of the many who posted in this thread requested pictures for investigative police-work type reasons, if a few people requested pictures for illustrative reasons i would definitely post them without an issue!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So i did not insult anyone

Unless you count anybody not signing up on your crusade a bully as an insult.....

Your post is in it's entirety an insult to the intelligence of every member of this forum.
Even more so than asking another member to scratch their own mod to satisfy your own selfish curiosity,

And again, I give you benefit of doubt that it was merely selfish curiosity, and not malice.

You have changed your stated motivation for this crap from looking for advice and help to grabbing the manufacturer's attention. You have turned on those giving you benefit of doubt, and tried to create disharmony here between members.

Even your title is a farce. You had rattley buttons alleged "machine oil" mysterious scratches. It did not set you or your house on fire like an Istick, so clearly it is not the "Worst Product Quality in the Universe".

How could anybody take anything you might have to say seriously after a title like that? And yet, several members here, myself included gave you benefit of doubt, only to be called Gang Members and bullys, because they refused to continue to lap up the shit you keep spewing.

We are not as stupid on this forum as you thought we were.
Reap the harvest you have sown.

Release the Magoo!!!!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK guys, sorry i can not just keep reading post after post, i don't know about you but i have a life and a Job going on aside from this thread, so believe whatever you want to believe, i will go relax for a while and think what i will get as a replacement and get you some pictures to those of you who are curious.

Cheers guys and thanks a bunch to those who provided recommendations i am really liking the Wismec Classic 150W and will check it out in more details .. it is not available in my local stores so i still need to find out where to buy it ...

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If ya feel like rolling the dice: Wismec Classic 150W $49.99 :)
This thing looks fantastic, does it have the same 25A output limit? what material is the case? Zinc also or something lighter?

The price is awesome, only problem with the efun guys is that their Chinese holidays start today and lasts until the end of Feb, so if i place an order now i will probably not get it before March, which is a long time to wait but i can manage it, also how does warranty works with these guys? luckily the Cuboid was purchased locally so the RMA was easy, just the usual warranty for electronics in Europe, but if i get it from the efun guys and it turns out problematic what happens then? do you have first-hand experience with their warranty?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This thing looks fantastic, does it have the same 25A output limit? what material is the case? Zinc also or something lighter?
I've no clue. But somebody from somewhere around here is supposed to get theirs by the end of the week.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK guys, sorry i can not just keep reading post after post, i don't know about you but i have a life and a Job going on aside from this thread, so believe whatever you want to believe, i will go relax for a while and think what i will get as a replacement and get you some pictures to those of you who are curious.

Cheers guys and thanks a bunch to those who provided recommendations i am really liking the Wismec Classic 150W and will check it out in more details .. it is not available in my local stores so i still need to find out where to buy it ...

As you continue to post lol.

I have 15 college hours, a job, and 2 kids, yet I post constantly lol.

It literally takes seconds. Just like taking that picture did. :rolleyes:

If you dont like the Wismec, you can always start a thread about it. I can see it now, "Wiscrap sold me a piece of shit Crappsic!!?!";)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FWIW: My updated list:
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200 (3 x 18650)
  • VaporFlask Stout (1 x 26650) - eliminated due to battery issues
  • Vaporesso Tarot 200W TC Mod (2 x 18650)
  • A second Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini (1 x 18650)
  • Kanger KBox 120W or 200W TC Box Mod (2 x 18650) - eliminated due to problems experienced by early adopters
  • Wismec Classic 150W (2 x 18650)
The Wismec Classic 150 is currently looking the best, along with the RX200 and eVic-VTC Mini. Need to see some user reports on the Classic 150 and Tarot, though.

Can we add the iStick TC100W to the list? looking quite nice and sleek also, do you have any observations about it?

checking this http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc100w-firmware-upgradable/ i noticed they have all the functions of the Joyetechs and Wismecs with support for SS and TCR-M1,M2,M3 are they all using the same chip/software?

An observation with the iStick TC100W and the Vaporesso TAROT 200VTC is that they have three buttons instead of only two for (settings control) what is the third button for?

My short list now is in order of preference:

Wismec Classic 150W
iStick TC100W
Vaporesso TAROT 200VTC

All the black versions of those look fantastic, questions about output amperage limit and weight remains to be discovered. also is any of those made anywhere other than China for the hope of better manufacturing quality?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get a VT200. Kick ass mod

you mean the Hcigar VT200? it is pretty expensive for a carry around mod, i would be quite sad if i drop it or lose it at this price range :) it is pretty cheap if you consider the DNA200 board inside but it also looks a bit ugly.

What are the specs of the Lipo inside? does it last you all day on a single charge?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you mean the Hcigar VT200? it pretty expensive for a carry around mod, i would be quite sad if i drop it or lose it at this price range :) it is pretty cheap if you consider the DNA200 board inside but it also look a bit ugly.

What are the specs of the Lipo inside? does it last you all day on a single charge?
Did u even sleep dude?

Vape On

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you mean the Hcigar VT200? it is pretty expensive for a carry around mod, i would be quite sad if i drop it or lose it at this price range :) it is pretty cheap if you consider the DNA200 board inside but it also looks a bit ugly.

No it doesn't last me all day but I don't sleep and I have other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did u even sleep dude?

Vape On
Not before deciding on my new mod purchase and preferably placing an order before going to bed today, i do not have another high powered TC SS mod around to use with the Cuboid dead so not enjoying my vape :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not before deciding on my new mod purchase and preferably placing an order before going to bed today, i do not have another high powered TC SS mod around to use with the Cuboid dead so not enjoying my vape :)
Geeeeesus,decide already

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No it doesn't last me all day but I don't sleep and I have other mods.
So it cannot be my main mod, i am looking forward to a DNA200 device, probably one of those 2 18650 ones i saw mentioned in another thread coming soon next month or so.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here's where I'm at right now. Been vaping since 630a at 70w.
ceb74fed2bdb6300b5e8791900c2a9f7.jpg

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Geeeeesus,decide already
Don't you see i am trying to make a decision? but some people here are not making the task easy by not allowing this thread to flow smoothly to a final decision :) i have narrowed down my choices and now have to head to Youtube and reviews to start digging into the details of each and boy does it take a long time to narrow the choices down to one device and place and order :confused:

Now if AFTER ALL THIS WORK i get another crappy device i am definitely stating another thread about it haha

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's where I'm at right now. Been vaping since 630a at 70w.
ceb74fed2bdb6300b5e8791900c2a9f7.jpg

What wire are you using with the DNA? i saw some people here saying that it does not work well in TC with SS316 even after downloading the CSV from Steam-Engine, what is your experience with that?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wire are you using with the DNA? i saw some people here saying that it does not work well in TC with SS316 even after downloading the CSV from Steam-Engine, what is your experience with that?
I've only used the coil that's in the Clito tank

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad i found that there is an ignore function in this forum, now the thread looks much nicer, had i found that function few hours ago my day would have been more pleasant, question is does it ignore quoted posts too? lets see :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now now dude, you're disrupting the flow of his thread.

Its my duty to do so as the Sergant at Arms of the Silver Contributor Gang. I have a caps lock, and I'm not afraid to use it..... I'll "bust a cap in his ass"...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad i found that there is an ignore function in this forum, now the thread looks much nicer, had i found that function few hours ago my day would have been more pleasant, question is does it ignore quoted posts too? lets see

La La La Not listening!!! That the best ya got bitch?

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol. So basically we can just hijack the shit out of the thread and you wont be able to see it lol.

Can someone say "Excellent" in a Mr. Burns voice lol?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad i found that there is an ignore function in this forum, now the thread looks much nicer, had i found that function few hours ago my day would have been more pleasant, question is does it ignore quoted posts too? lets see :)
Cheer up, buttercup.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never hijacked a thread before. Is there an accepted manner of accomplishing this?

Walls of text? unrelated videos etc?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@VaporCarp OK, based on that video
i will pass on the VT200, one eliminated three more to go :) .. thanks a lot for the recommendation though

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IDK lol, I can only assume this will be moved either to the trash each other section or they'll shake the no-no stick at us.

VU Sponsors