Become a Patron!

Joyetech Cuboid Problems & Quality Control Issues

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UPDATE 3 Thread Title Change: Since this thread has got more attention than i initially expected or anticipated, and because i created it in an angry moment with a lot of disappointment about a product that i was initially very excited about, and without looking at the big picture, i feel responsible to change the thread title to more reasonably reflect and represent the statistical reality of the mass production quality of this device, after having seen the latest reports from people who received this mod recently in what appears to be a much better condition than the mod i received two weeks ago, it seems that Joyetech are responsive to their customer's feedback and are already revising the product and improving the production and assembly quality thus they deserve credit for that.

EDIT: Pictures added for the visual pleasure of those who prefer a visual illustration, it took some time and work to resize them to fit the maximum allowed size by the forum and to remove personally identifiable information like serial number and such, but here you have it for those who requested them, enjoy!

EDIT2: Some people claim that this is a single one off unit and that the line does not suffer from a general quality control issue, i updated the post with a collection of links of many other people having at least one of these problems, as an indication of a real common quality issues with this device, problem is that I'VE GOT THEM ALL!

I got the Joyetech Cuboid Mod about a week or so ago, was very excited about it, opened the box and found all kinds of crap inside.

First impression the screen was massively scratched, not just one or two scratches, but it looked like the mod has fallen on asphalt or something and was dragged on its screen! Very dusty, with machine oil spots and dents in the case (it was brand new sealed with Joyetech authenticity sticker inside!)

Next day the fire button starts to get stuck, either you click it and it stays clicked, or you click it and nothing happens, also rattles and wobbles like no tomorrow.

I say ok, this is still a nice mod, one week later i put a 0.5 ohm atomizer on it and it reads it 2.14 ohm! i click the fire button and get Atomizer short!

Move the tank in another mod, read resistance right and fires perfectly, change the coil head to a brand new one, put it on the other mods works perfectly, put it on the Cuboid and .... Atomizer freaking short!

Clean connections, and check atomizer, all seems perfect, still the Cuboid insists that there is a short and that the resistance is 2 ohm!

Now the mod is officially dead after only one week of having it, what do you guys recommend i should do? after all the amazing feedback/reviews on the eVic Mini and Wismec Reuleaux, with this experience, the Joyetech name is now in my eyes synonymous with "Horrible Horrendous Quality in the Universe"

Should i get a replacement? get a refund? get the Wismec Reuleaux or eVic Mini (still from the same horrible quality company) or try something else?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Links of Other Similar Complaints:

- Fire button getting stuck down on Joyetech Cuboid
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...button_getting_stuck_down_on_joyetech_cuboid/

- Joyetech Cuboid "atomizer short" error
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...one_have_the_cuboid_having_an_atomizer_short/

- Joyetech cuboid looks used (scuffed up scratched screen)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/joyetech-cuboid-looks-used.726329/

1- The following group of pictures show the condition of the outside box, and the way it was sealed in the factory

1-CuboidBoxFront.jpg
2-CuboidBoxSide.jpg
3-CuboidBoxBack.jpg
4-CuboidBoxSeal.jpg

2- Right after opening the box, showing the authenticity scratch off (serial number hidden to prevent abuse)

5-CuboidScratchOff.jpg

3- Condition right after opening the original factory-sealed box for the first time and taking out the scratch off label, notice how dusty/dirty the device is, the massive micro-scratches on the screen and the oily sticky spot on the top cap

6-CuboidCondition1.jpg

4- a close-up upper-front view showing the sticky spot on the top cap more clearly, shows the magnitude of the the scratches and dust close up, notice the dents and rugged edges where the top cap meets the case and also in the metal edges around the screen (at this point i have not left it up out of the original box yet or even touch it)

7-CuboidTopSpot.jpg

5- More screen scratches showing in flash light right after taking it out of the box, cleaning the dust off and attempting to gently remove the sticky spot without much success

8-CuboidScreenScratches.jpg

6- The firing button, this needs a video to properly show how loose, rattly and wobbly it is but you get the idea, you will notice it is sunken down from the top.

9-CuboidButton.jpg

7- Finally the screen alignment problem, notice how the screen is not sitting perfectly vertical but is rotated a little anti-clockwise, if you look closely you will notice the metal edges of the screen showing at the top indicating a less than perfect alignment (not the biggest issue though but is worth mentioning), at this point i was successfully able to remove the sticky spot after rubbing it off with some moist cotton

10-CuboidScreenAlighn.jpg

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wassup frustrated VAPER,
Where did you buy it?
Did you contact vendor after a day or 2?
Did you upgrade firmware?

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, i contacted the vendor and they offered a refund or a replacement, and yes i upgraded the firmware to v3.10 the first minute after opening the box.

The problem is not with the vendor, they cooperated to the max extent, the problem is what do i get now? another horrible quality Cushit or something else? and if so, what? all the best, most raved about mods until now are from the same company, the Wismec Reuleaux, the eVic Mini and the Cushit (formally Cuboid)

If a company dares to dispatch something from their factory in this condition, i would question all their products! so what is the solution now? the vendor is waiting for me to decide and i am not sure what to do!

Cloudchuckin Sam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got an Evic-VT 60W mod and an Ego One Mega tank and I love them. I'd say you just got a bad mod and should exchange it for another Cuboid. There should be a warranty on it if I remember correctly. It should have been in the box when you got it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I got the Joyetech Cuboid Mod about a week or so ago, was very excited about it, opened the box and found all kinds of crap inside.

First impression the screen was massively scratched, not just one or two scratches, but it looked like the mod has fallen on asphalt or something and was dragged on its screen! Very dusty, with machine oil spots and dents in the case (it was brand new sealed with Joyetech authenticity sticker inside!)
Now why in the Wide, Wide World of Sports would you even consider not returning a product that was in that kind of condition right out of the box?

As for the Cuboid being the "worst product quality in the universe": The dozens upon dozens of happy Cuboid owners here on VU would probably disagree. I don't like it for a couple of its design features (actually, I actively dislike it for one of them), but one bad sample does not condemn an entire product line.

As for the eVic-VTC Mini: The only negative I've ever heard about that mod is the 510 connection is kind of shallow, resulting in some devices not seating all the way, and a couple have suffered premature failures for no discernible reason. Otherwise: Many feel is deserves the Best Mod of 2015 Award.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, i contacted the vendor and they offered a refund or a replacement, and yes i upgraded the firmware to v3.10 the first minute after opening the box.

The problem is not with the vendor, they cooperated to the max extent, the problem is what do i get now? another horrible quality Cushit or something else? and if so, what? all the best, most raved about mods until now are from the same company, the Wismec Reuleaux, the eVic Mini and the Cushit (formally Cuboid)

If a company dares to dispatch something from their factory in this condition, i would question all their products! so what is the solution now? the vendor is waiting for me to decide and i am not sure what to do!
Who is the vendor?
Quality you say, you can't go wrong with a Sigelei!!!!
Although Wismec is pretty new, I highly recommend the Rx 200 or the DNA 200 version...
I'm sorry u got a crappy device, who's the vendor again?
Here's a list of what I personally recommend
Rx 200
Cuboid yes get another one
Fuchai.
These devices are in my daily rotation
But there's a lot more out there...

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Vendor is a local vape store in the Nordic region, and i prefer not to bring them into this discussion as they just retail the product, all there is to know is that it is a reputable store which sent me the Cuboid in a sealed package with the authenticity label inside.

I reported the Mod condition from day one and they contacted their supplier which took about one week to process and approve the return, during which time i continued to use the product. what was obvious at first was the cosmetic problems, screen scratches, dusty, oily, dented product right out out of the sealed box, but then the Atomizer Short glitch and the wrong resistance reading showed up later.

This is my first Joyetech product, before that i had Kanger and UWELL stuff, the quality of these products and packages are way above and beyond the Cuboid, for example, my Kanger mod despite having pretty stupid software and display functions, was packaged and manufactured in a much much higher quality, also when i compare the UWELL Crown and the Kanger SubTank manufacturing quality to the Joyetech Cubis tank, there is a day and night difference in manufacturing quality.

The problem with Kanger stuff is that its pain/finish (black in my case) gets chopped off very quickly with normal use.

Now my choices are:

1- Get another Cushit Black (Cuboid: sorry i can call it nothing but that at this time) but i can't help look down at this brand after this horrible experience, i understand that it is normal for a Mod DC circuit board to malfunction, or a button to be a little glitchy, but getting all these problems at once in one product, especially its condition when brand new out of the box is beyond what i faced with any electronic product in my life, vaping or otherwise.

2- Get a Kanger - KBOX 200W, i will get Kanger quality manufacturing, but its software/screen are mah, its battery cover is non-magnetic, its 510 connection is sunken down in a weird way, its vent holes show the color of the battery!, it just does not feel like it was designed right

3- Get a Wismec Reuleaux RX200, pretty bulky and too heavy for my taste (one of the selling points for the Cuboid for me is its tiny size for a 2 battery mod) and again it is from the same company, manufacturing and assembly quality is questionable, its parts (battery cover and case) does not fit perfectly together and there are some gaps in between the assembled parts.

4- eVic VTC Mini, i wonder what the hype is all about? it costs almost the same as the Cuboid and have very close size but only has one battery, so not attractive at this point in time.

5- Sigelei - FUCHAI 200W TC Black, This product has been in my radar for a while, and it seems nice, i have not used a Sigelei products before so i don't know what to expect, its design is not very good for my taste but good enough if it is a quality product. (its local price is almost twice as much as the other stuff above)

6- Vape Forward Stout, Lite, & Classic have been getting my attention lately solely based on looks, i don't know much about them yet!

So what do you guys think i should try next? :)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, I don't like the Cuboid based on the aesthetics (that black plastic expanse) and the battery door. I love my eVic-VTC Mini, however.

On my List, atm (copied from another thread):
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200 (3 x 18650)
  • VaporFlask Stout (1 x 26650)
  • Vaporesso Tarot 200W TC Mod (2 x 18650)
  • A second Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini (1 x 18650)
  • Kanger KBox 120W or 200W TC Box Mod (2 x 18650)
  • Wismec Classic 150W (2 x 18650)
I'm a bit leery of the Kanger, as a couple of the early adopters have complained of a couple problems with them. Nice looking product, though.

The Wismec Classic 150 is currently looking the best, along with the Stout, RX200 and eVic-VTC Mini. Need to see some user reports on the Classic 150 and Stout, though.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm, anyone else out there feel this way about there cuboid? I got one on its way but I have a feeling I'm gonna love it for use as a pocket tc mod. My only gripes about it so far would be 25 amp limit, lack of bypass mode - which might be upgradable via firmware update & mostly its weight.

Great features otherwise, can't really complain for $35.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm, anyone else out there feel this way about there cuboid? I got one on its way but I have a feeling I'm gonna love it for use as a pocket tc mod. My only gripes about it so far would be 25 amp limit, lack of bypass mode - which might be upgradable via firmware update & mostly its weight.

I have those same Grips with it...25A Limit and No Bypass mode....
None of this was advertised and I feel like I was slightly schemed, 200w at .4 isnt why I bought it..I thought it would atleast fire a .1 at 150w...

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The Cuboid is not limited to 25 amps, if you use Sony VTC4 with it for example, a single battery's limit is 30A and you have two connected in serial so you can theoretically use it for up to 60A (more like 50A to be on the safe side), why would you need bypass with a 200W 9V 60A mod? would you really need to make builds that use over 200W in your daily vaping? i don't think so.

As for using as a pocket mod, i doubt that this will be convenient nor practical to use this way, the mod is heavy as a rock, i tried placing it in my pocket a couple of times but its weight pulls the pocket down and does not feel like the mod is secure in there, unless you are using a heavy winter jacket with giant padded pockets i don't think this would be applicable, there are many other much lighter mods with good enough power to be used as pocket mods.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have those same Grips with it...25A Limit and No Bypass mode.....

Is it really a 25A mod? i remember i was drawing much more than that with one of my builds while it worked, unfortunately i can not test it now because it is already dead!

I think the only limits it has is the 9 Volts and 200W whichever comes first, but 25A limit for a mod with two 18650's connected in serial? i don't think so?

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
25 amp limit on the chip bro, there are other threads on the cuboid. Feel free to read.

Heavy for a pocket mod but I've been carrying around my RX200 so it won't be a problem for me. I wear a belt on my pants too, so no worries there lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off connecting batteries in series does not double their current capacity! It doubles their voltage. Secondly if the mods chip has a 25 amp input limit, it doesn't matter what battery you use. The mod won't draw more current than the chip will allow (I'm assuming that's what the other poster was talking about. I don't have that mod so I can't confirm whether that is the case.). For example a DNA200 chip has a 23 amp limit on it's input.

Cheers,
Steve

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it really a 25A mod? i remember i was drawing much more than that with one of my builds while it worked, unfortunately i can not test it now because it is already dead!

I think the only limits it has is the 9 Volts and 200W whichever comes first, but 25A limit for a mod with two 18650's connected in serial? i don't think so?

Improper use might be the reason you think its such a crappy mod

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes it has a 25A output limit before it cuts the wattage, my .14 builds can only get as high as 87.5w, a .3 Atlantis coil can get as high as 140w. I bought the Cuboid expecting it to be much like a Snow Wolf but I guess not, I guess I may just build for Series and use it in its recommended range...

It doesnt seem to be a Firmware adjustment and that may be why Joytech hasn't changed it with new updates. In the .bin file (I had to create my own CUE and burn the Image), I see nothing that will raise or let me adjust the limit. Also I did not find anything about a bypass mode that is included with the Evic's...Its too bad, as I was hoping to add the bypass mode to the newer updates as I heard it was in previous updates...

It may be a hardware limitation in the Cuboid, which I find to be odd, since most of the other mods they release have it as a software feature.

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off connecting batteries in series does not double their current capacity! It doubles their voltage. Secondly if the mods chip has a 25 amp input limit, it doesn't matter what battery you use. The mod won't draw more current than the chip will allow (I'm assuming that's what the other poster was talking about. I don't have that mod so I can't confirm whether that is the case.). For example a DNA200 chip has a 23 amp limit on it's input.

Cheers,
Steve
damn, you guys are right, i stand corrected, you can max this mod out with a 0.4 Ohm build, it would output 9V 200W and 22A ... or you could max the amps at 25A (seems very accurate) 200W and 8V with a 0.32 Ohm build.

This is actually sorts of advertised on the official Joyetech page for the mod with this "We kindly recommend high-rate 18650 cells with rated discharge current≥25A."

Also in the Tech Specs sheet for the mod they have "Recommended cell Sony US18650VTC4" as tests show that this battery can do a continuous 25A without heating up too much or venting.

This makes things very clear, the serial configuration is to reach 9V comfortably and the VTC4 recommendation is to reach 25A without too much heat problems.

Improper use might be the reason you think its such a crappy mod
There is no way to use it improperly, it would just not let you, it has a bunch of protections in place, it does not even let you do 30W when the batteries are low, how can scratches, dust, oil and dents, glitchy button, circuit board and 510 connection be the result of improper use, and how can one use such a regulated device improperly? :)

I have just done my calculations improperly based on the assumption that two batteries in series would double the Amps but i was actually only maxing it out at 25A or less, no improper use here, just improper calculation.

One thing i don't understand though, if the DNA200 limit is 23A and the Cuboid limit is 25A why is this a problem?

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Next day the fire button starts to get stuck, either you click it and it stays clicked, or you click it and nothing happens, also rattles and wobbles like no tomorrow.

I say ok, this is still a nice mod, one week later i put a 0.5 ohm atomizer on it and it reads it 2.14 ohm! i click the fire button and get Atomizer short!

Move the tank in another mod, read resistance right and fires perfectly, change the coil head to a brand new one, put it on the other mods works perfectly, put it on the Cuboid and .... Atomizer freaking short!

Clean connections, and check atomizer, all seems perfect, still the Cuboid insists that there is a short and that the resistance is 2 ohm!

Now the mod is officially dead after only one week of having it, what do you guys recommend i should do? after all the amazing feedback/reviews on the eVic Mini and Wismec Reuleaux, with this experience, the Joyetech name is now in my eyes synonymous with "Horrible Horrendous Quality in the Universe"

Should i get a replacement? get a refund? get the Wismec Reuleaux or eVic Mini (still from the same horrible quality company) or try something else?

Sounds like you got a returned repack.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you got a returned repack.
You mean like a refurbished sample? could be the case, because upon opening the box it seemed like i have bought a used product, but the product has just been released, when did someone buy it, return it, gets back to Joyetech factory, repackaged, sent to the supplier, then the retailer then to me? these things take months, so when did all this happen?

Also even if this is the case, the factory did not even bother to clean it up and quality control it before repacking it?

I have another theory, the factory was under high pressure to produce as many of these as it could, so they did a very poor half ass job assembling it, i forgot to mention in my first post, that one of the problems i had with this device is that the screen is not aligned perfectly vertical but is a little rotated, i could see the workers in the assembly line hurrying and doing a half ass job trying to get as many of these things assembled as possible to reach the daily target, quickly screwing the circuit board, the OLED screen etc and not paying attention to quality and detail, and of course no time to clean the product before placing it in the box and sealing it!

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean like a refurbished sample? could be the case, because upon opening the box it seemed like i have bought a used product, but the product has just been released, when did someone buy it, return it, gets back to Joyetech factory, repackaged, sent to the supplier, then the retailer then to me? these things take months, so when did all this happen?

Also even if this is the case, the factory did not even bother to clean it up and quality control it before repacking it?

I have another theory, the factory was under high pressure to produce as many of these as it could, so they did a very poor half ass job assembling it, i forgot to mention in my first post, that one of the problems i had with this device is that the screen is not aligned perfectly vertical but is a little rotated, i could see the workers in the assembly line hurrying and doing a half ass job trying to get as many of these things assembled as possible to reach the daily target, quickly screwing the circuit board, the OLED screen etc and not paying attention to quality and detail, and of course no time to clean the product before placing it in the box and sealing it!

There are some crafty dishonest people out there. I have seen people buy stuff open it,, abuse it repack it and reseal and return new and unused. It's not hard to do. Is the protective flim still on the display plastic and button?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This is actually sorts of advertised on the official Joyetech page for the mod with this "We kindly recommend high-rate 18650 cells with rated discharge current≥25A."
Also in the Tech Specs sheet for the mod they have "Recommended cell Sony US18650VTC4" as tests show that this battery can do a continuous 25A without heating up too much or venting.
This makes things very clear, the serial configuration is to reach 9V comfortably and the VTC4 recommendation is to reach 25A without too much heat problems.
There is no way to use it improperly, it would just not let you, it has a bunch of protections in place, it does not even let you do 30W when the batteries are low, how can scratches, dust, oil and dents, glitchy button, circuit board and 510 connection be the result of improper use, and how can one use such a regulated device improperly? :)
I have just done my calculations improperly based on the assumption that two batteries in series would double the Amps but i was actually only maxing it out at 25A or less, no improper use here, just improper calculation.
One thing i don't understand though, if the DNA200 limit is 23A and the Cuboid limit is 25A why is this a problem?
I do feel its false advertising and its wasnt advertised that it will only allow a 25A Draw. It says input voltage is 25a, it wasnt specified that thats all it could output. They could have used some sort of step up for suppl
damn, you guys are right, i stand corrected, you can max this mod out with a 0.4 Ohm build, it would output 9V 200W and 22A ... or you could max the amps at 25A (seems very accurate) 200W and 8V with a 0.32 Ohm build.

Coil resistance has no effect on input current to the chip on a regulated mod other than when chip efficiency is affected. the 25A Input wouldnt change how a coil would be fired and there would need to be a limiter setup, they never stated that their was a limiter. They did it for safety of coarse but when the throw specs up they could have also included its max out amperage if it was used to limit the wattage depending on what resistance is shown. They show a battery and recommend it for its CD, that doesnt mean that thats the limit that the mod was cut to, and we are not using CD when taking a vape so 25a is pretty low on the spectrum. 35A would be a much more suitable limit and a low battery cutoff would keep people safe. This would of made the mod more useful and better fit its advertised offerings. They suggested a High Discharge Battery as most Regulated devices do...My Snow Wolf still fires a .08 to 150w, I know its not something people will use as the mod gets pretty hot, and thats a reminder that its too low, a limiter only pisses people off as it limits what it can be used for...whos going to use 200w on a .4 and up on a regulated device? Its just a marketing scheme....

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are some crafty dishonest people out there. I have seen people buy stuff open it,, abuse it repack it and reseal and return new and unused. It's not hard to do. Is the protective flim still on the display plastic and button?
I don't know if the protective film is still on there, i did not try to remove it because the moment i opened this box i knew i would be returning this product, so i left it alone in the condition it was received, but i still feel that this theory is hard to believe given that i bought the mod from the Nordic region and things like that do not happen here, and that the mod was released only very shortly before i bought it and there was no time for someone to do this shit.

The pressured negligent factory theory appears more logical to believe, Joyetech history seems to indicate that they do not care much for quality like Kanger for example, even the Cubis Tank quality compared to UWELL Crown, Kanger Subtank etc is much lower, so there is a pattern here.

They could have used some sort of step up for suppl
Maybe they did that to save on the chip manufacturing/design and be able to sell this for $40

they never stated that their was a limiter. They did it for safety
They did not also state anywhere in ANY of their official documents that the voltage limit is 9V, a design goal with this product appears to be cost and safety, they recommend a 30A battery and never reach its limits, not even close (i actually regret buying the recommended VTC4 cell with this mod, i was better off with a VTC5 cell to get a longer time between charges, these VTC4 do not even last me a full day without charging!), they cut the output to almost 10W when batteries become low, they recommend charging with an external charger when the internal charger works really well, they auto-switch to Power Mode at the slightest base resistance change etc ...

whos going to use 200w on a .4 and up on a regulated device? Its just a marketing scheme....
They only mention the 200W (150W) because this is their biggest marketing gun, all the other limits (the many many they have) are omitted even from the tech specs. 200W can only be achieved in very specific conditions given the Voltage, Amps and battery low limits they have all over the place.

NOW i officially freaking HATE this mod, i will just get a refund and look for something better, so i could still use your suggestions, i also hate the VTC4 cells that i bought for this Cushit crap and will either get rid of them or use them in a mech mod!

Jim-

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Said it once, said it a thousand times, buy Made in the USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
... i forgot to mention in my first post, that one of the problems i had with this device is that the screen is not aligned perfectly vertical but is a little rotated, ...
I believe I saw somebody make the same complaint, in another thread. Somebody else followed-up and wrote his was the same way. They both decided to live with it because the mod was such a good deal. (I couldn't have lived with it. I'm way too OCD for that kind of thing.)

Said it once, said it a thousand times, buy Made in the USA
Oh no you didn't!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe I saw somebody make the same complaint, in another thread. Somebody else followed-up and wrote his was the same way. They both decided to live with it because the mod was such a good deal. (I couldn't have lived with it. I'm way too OCD for that kind of thing.)

I could live with one or two little things, but there is nothing right about this mod, it is screwed up all over the place :)

Based on appearance, size and the hype around the eVic Mini i thought this was the perfect mod and was the one i liked the most, now i have no idea what i will replace it with ... with all this crap around the mod and after knowing the 25A limit also, i have nothing left to like about it ...

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got pics? Never seen a Joye product ( Ive owned an eGo One, eGrip, Evic VT, VTC, and eRoll) not at least have a decent finish out of the box.

Ive also heard it has a screen protector so once you remove it the screen will be scratch free, there is also one on the button, maybe this is causing button issues?

Either way, without pics I just dont know if I can see an Authentic Cuboid being that bad straight out of the box.

I do think however that the 25amp limit makes this mod trash for me.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either way, without pics I just dont know if I can see an Authentic Cuboid being that bad straight out of the box.

i am not sure how to take a statement like that, either you are accusing me of lying, or being a mad person going out on forums trashing a product for no reason, or...

either you take my word for it or stay in denial is up to you, yes i have pics and videos which i sent to the supplier and based on which i got the refund approved, if the condition of the product in the pics was not bad enough the supplier would have not agreed to take it back.

i can not re-post this material on a public forum after having sent it to them and i can not take even more pictures because i am not trying to prove anything here, either you believe that what i am saying is true and that my only motive is a real frustration with the product, and the need to get advice for an alternative item, because there is no other reasonable motive for me to create a thread like this, or you just ignore the thread and keep thinking that Joyetech stuff can never come out of the box in this condition until you find one yourself!

If there are other people who really feel that this is so hard to believe without pics then i might consider posting one or two, but as it stands i don't see the reason or need for them, as if anyone wants to hold on to their beliefs that for example Joyetech is the best company in the world with the best product quality out of the box and that i am a crazy mad liar, then that is perfectly fine by me, personally i will continue to feel a certain way about this brand moving forward, after going through this experience, cheap Chinese crap, even if there are stickers or whatnot, a manufacturer is not supposed to place a sticker on a product and then scratch the hell out of it!

Now enough with this nonsense (questioning if this incident could have really happened!) the purpose of this thread is to help make a decision on replacement, another Cuboid (oh my) or something else? .. what else? are their new mods coming out the next couple of months? as nothing of the current mods captures my imagination (it was only the Cuboid while my fascination with it lasted)

Last edited:

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure the internet was built on the following cornerstone: Pics or GTFO;)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure the internet was built on the following cornerstone: Pics or GTFO;)
Ok fine no problems at all, and since this is my thread then guess who should be GTFO ;)

Now please stop messing up the thread, if a few other people feel the same way i will post some pics, otherwise keep posts constructive and serving the initial purpose of the thread, the last thing i need is some crap arguing with some guy on a forum if i am a liar or not!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Soooooo, just return it and get something else.
The "returning" is the easy part, but the "and get something else" is what i created this thread for.

When i ordered the Cuboid i was in love with it, the way it looked, its size, design, battery cover, SS316 mode, price .. all of it, i was in love and very excited when i received it, the problem is that i do not feel the same way about any of the products currently in the market, none of which i even "like"

maybe the Vaporshark DNA200 but it is very expensive, i am not sure if i should spend that much on a mod in 2016 ... confusion .. confusion ...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The "returning" is the easy part, but the "and get something else" is what i created this thread for.

You have gotten sympathy. You have been given some sage advise. What more do you want? Here's an idea, get another cuboid, or get another mod. Several have been suggested.

I don't own a Cuboid, but I've bought other new mods that had one issue or another. I read the forums, and made the descision to either fix it myself, ( not an option in your case ) or return it.

I, as well as some others here suspect some sort of fuckery has occured, You, as a member get my benefit of doubt, and you are vouching for the store where you bought it.

What does the store you bought it from suggest?

It's possible another store returned it to their wholesaler who believed it was a new unit. Who knows. You should at least be assured by now that your mod was an anomaly.

What do you want to know exactly?

You are coming very close to breaking the 12th commandment. Thou shalt not whine.....

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Vendor is a local vape store in the Nordic region, and i prefer not to bring them into this discussion as they just retail the product, all there is to know is that it is a reputable store which sent me the Cuboid in a sealed package with the authenticity label inside.

I reported the Mod condition from day one and they contacted their supplier which took about one week to process and approve the return, during which time i continued to use the product. what was obvious at first was the cosmetic problems, screen scratches, dusty, oily, dented product right out out of the sealed box, but then the Atomizer Short glitch and the wrong resistance reading showed up later.

This is my first Joyetech product, before that i had Kanger and UWELL stuff, the quality of these products and packages are way above and beyond the Cuboid, for example, my Kanger mod despite having pretty stupid software and display functions, was packaged and manufactured in a much much higher quality, also when i compare the UWELL Crown and the Kanger SubTank manufacturing quality to the Joyetech Cubis tank, there is a day and night difference in manufacturing quality.

The problem with Kanger stuff is that its pain/finish (black in my case) gets chopped off very quickly with normal use.

Now my choices are:

1- Get another Cushit Black (Cuboid: sorry i can call it nothing but that at this time) but i can't help look down at this brand after this horrible experience, i understand that it is normal for a Mod DC circuit board to malfunction, or a button to be a little glitchy, but getting all these problems at once in one product, especially its condition when brand new out of the box is beyond what i faced with any electronic product in my life, vaping or otherwise.

2- Get a Kanger - KBOX 200W, i will get Kanger quality manufacturing, but its software/screen are mah, its battery cover is non-magnetic, its 510 connection is sunken down in a weird way, its vent holes show the color of the battery!, it just does not feel like it was designed right

3- Get a Wismec Reuleaux RX200, pretty bulky and too heavy for my taste (one of the selling points for the Cuboid for me is its tiny size for a 2 battery mod) and again it is from the same company, manufacturing and assembly quality is questionable, its parts (battery cover and case) does not fit perfectly together and there are some gaps in between the assembled parts.

4- eVic VTC Mini, i wonder what the hype is all about? it costs almost the same as the Cuboid and have very close size but only has one battery, so not attractive at this point in time.

5- Sigelei - FUCHAI 200W TC Black, This product has been in my radar for a while, and it seems nice, i have not used a Sigelei products before so i don't know what to expect, its design is not very good for my taste but good enough if it is a quality product. (its local price is almost twice as much as the other stuff above)

6- Vape Forward Stout, Lite, & Classic have been getting my attention lately solely based on looks, i don't know much about them yet!

So what do you guys think i should try next? :)
Here's the part I'm struggling with. You said your local vape shops was your vendor, and that he retailed the product Why did you just not walk back in and exchange it? Better yet, why did you leave the store with it to start with? Most people take a look at their new MODS before ever leaving the store. If you are as unhappy with it as you sound, I'd be heading down to my local vendor for a refund, or exchange.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Cuboid is not limited to 25 amps, if you use Sony VTC4 with it for example, a single battery's limit is 30A and you have two connected in serial so you can theoretically use it for up to 60A (more like 50A to be on the safe side), why would you need bypass with a 200W 9V 60A mod? would you really need to make builds that use over 200W in your daily vaping? i don't think so.

As for using as a pocket mod, i doubt that this will be convenient nor practical to use this way, the mod is heavy as a rock, i tried placing it in my pocket a couple of times but its weight pulls the pocket down and does not feel like the mod is secure in there, unless you are using a heavy winter jacket with giant padded pockets i don't think this would be applicable, there are many other much lighter mods with good enough power to be used as pocket mods.
The Cuboid is limited to 25 amps in the firmware. There you go again saying things that makes me think your story is bullshit. If you have one, I would think you knew how it worked.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What does the store you bought it from suggest?
They did not provide suggestions, they got an RMA approval from the supplier and leave it up to me to decide what i want to do, get a refund, another Cuboid or another product, they don't care what i decide, it works out the same for them at the end.

I checked all the suggested stuff, the VaporFlask is a co-brand manufacturing by Wismec/Joyetech as well, and the rest i just don't have fascination for, i think i just need some time to get over the fact that the Cuboid i waited for its release so long turned out to be of a poor quality, and maybe i need to wait for some new releases this month or the next, maybe one of them i would like, or maybe a Cuboid hardware revision like V1.1 or V2 to fix its issues.

First i was going to get the eVic Mini, then i was sure that there will be a two battery mod released, i waited and the Cuboid was announced and then i waited some more until it was released and thought that this would be "the mod" for the next few months, when it turned out to be not what i expected i found myself again in the market for mods not knowing what to get, as simple as that.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really trying to not believe the OP BUT there's a lot of inconsistency in the story,
He said it doesn't work out of the box
Then
He was VAPING it
I'm not trying to trash this thread or anything but it's 50/50 IMO
IN THE MEANTIME I like my cuboid is flawless, the op sounded like he wanted us VAPERS not to buy from Chinese manufacturers LOL
HERE
94daa8d47edb9c432a36b2561a0fb2fc.jpg

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the part I'm struggling with. You said your local vape shops was your vendor, and that he retailed the product Why did you just not walk back in and exchange it? Better yet, why did you leave the store with it to start with? Most people take a look at their new MODS before ever leaving the store. If you are as unhappy with it as you sound, I'd be heading down to my local vendor for a refund, or exchange.
Local does not mean around the corner, it means in the same country in which i ordered online, so did not have the option of opening and checking before accepting, the process was the same at the end but took a little longer time to receive the mail find the problem and contact them about it.

The Cuboid is limited to 25 amps in the firmware. There you go again saying things that makes me think your story is bullshit. If you have one I would think you knew how it worked.
not knowing the Amps limits simply means that i did not hit it in the short time i used it, i was building with SS316 26g single coil, the lowest build i used it with it was 0.5 Ohm at 50W, i would have found out about the limit later if i build with Ti or Ni or double coils that went below 0.3 Ohm then i would have found out about the limit.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WTF, the coils would have to be an inch long in 316ss to be .5 or higher.

ETA only 7 wraps for single coil

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He said it doesn't work out of the box
Can you please point out to where i said it did not work out of the box? or are you just going with the flow of how this thread is turning into questioning the story just for fun?

the op sounded like he wanted us VAPERS not to buy from Chinese manufacturers LOL
I can do nothing but LOL to that, you can buy from whatever country you like, i am not American so i do not adopt these views of "don't buy from China", 99% of the electronics we buy are made in China anyways so even if i am trying to discourage people from buying Chinese products the alternatives are very much not there.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very dusty, with machine oil spots

Hmmm. Machine oil? Must have leaked from the pan dimensional cyclotron....

On a mech, I've seen machine oil. How exactly did you come to identify it as machine oil?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How exactly did you come to identify it as machine oil

Heavy oily material spots on a product in a sealed box what else could it be? maybe something else if the theory of a used and re-sealed product is true then it could be some other dirt from previous use, i just doubt this theory a lot.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either way your story smells like shit.

Won't post pics, I'm sure at this point you can't because " them Nords needed it shipped back." huh?

Post em and ill apologize and eat crow.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a completely unsatisfying vape, no surface area at all.

You don't know what you are talking about, this is a vertical coil filling the entire inner diameter of the sleeve in which it was built from the bottom up (7cm when well spaced) producing a lot of vapor and flavor and comes down to about 0.5 Ohm or more with more wraps and less space, the point is that it does not hit the 25A limit!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either way your story smells like shit.

Won't post pics, I'm sure at this point you can't because " them Nords needed it shipped back." huh?

Post em and ill apologize and eat crow.
LOL, you can't force me to post the pics, i gain nothing from doing so, don't need your apology, just put your money were your big mouth is and go buy TWO Cuboids as a prove of its quality and post some pics for me to see and laugh :)

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Builds are subjective, your attempt at imagery is headache inducing though lol.

Try an RX200, they seem to be the rage, a bit big for the pocket though. There may be dust on the box though, Oh Teh Noes.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you considered the possibility that your local vendor sold you a Chinese clone. Mine had a scratch off in the box, that I could use to verify authenticity. Mine came out of the box, that was wrapped in plastic in pristine condition.

VU Sponsors