Become a Patron!

Just curious about "bad" flavors..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If you're still making recipes with flavors known to have diacetyl, then why are you looking for info on which flavors have it? I guess I don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first... no.. i set aside everything i know that may be doubtfull..
second, i am looking for safe alternatives to complete my missing flavors..

i already explained this RP.. i dont want to waste my funds in testing if there is even a doubt on the flavors or company i am using..

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@tick22 Didn't you say you were new to vaping and hadn't gone on ECF?

I am newish to vaping, under a year barely but very new to DIYing....

NO, I have been on most forums for information. Learned not to ask questions on ECF and some others and now see some of the same type people or same people are here as well....

Everyone has been on most forums looking or seeking answers. As members or just reading them.

This is not my first post saying both forums seem to be the same. It's not the Mods but the people that mess it up for alot of us. Mods don't help, but the people drive most of us from asking questions...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

NO, I have been on most forums for information. Learned not to ask questions on ECF and some others and now see some of the same type people or same people are here as well....

Everyone has been on most forums looking or seeking answers. As members or just reading them.

This is not my first post saying both forums seem to be the same. It's not the Mods but the people that mess it up for alot of us. Mods don't help, but the people drive most of us from asking questions...

You just have to take the people with a grain of salt Tick. People are just people. Nobody is always civil. People disagree often. And, being behind a keyboard, some folks get more rude then they would dare were the conversation in person.

It just is what it is.
Like water off a duck's back.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Well, I've been off of all the forums for about 3 months and just recently returned. I was hoping this place had changed, guess I'm contributing to messing it up for good folks like you. Hope diy is successful. I do mean that. Goodbye

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You just have to take the people with a grain of salt Tick. People are just people. Nobody is always civil. People disagree often. And, being behind a keyboard, some folks get more rude then they would dare were the conversation in person.

It just is what it is.
Like water off a duck's back.
I have not been rude until tick ticked me off.

Damnit. Ok. Unsubscribing now

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
changed?? heck this place isnt even 4 or 5 months old yet.. it is what we all make of it..
never mind.. like i said a few posts back will just sit and wait and watch.. if i find out more info, will post.
this is really getting silly.

STILLV8PN101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow team smoky blue seems pretty arrogant. poor little dog.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
and the other issue i have.. clearstream "by" flavorart.. thats like me running my own tests.. if i own the tests.. well..

Have Dr. Farsalinos' findings on widespread use of diacetyl concerned you?
Do you follow his research, findings, and testing protocol?
If so you may have seen his published research with Dr. Romagna (et al.) involving exposure of living cells to e-cig vapor:
https://www.gwern.net/docs/nicotine/2013-romagna.pdf

The ClearStream testing protocol is described in good detail in the first link. Precisely which part of those six (cardiologists, biologists, toxicologists, etc.) published research scientists' testing methods do you reject, and what in your opinion invalidates their findings?

For anyone truly curious what other scientists think of the study and protocol, here are links to over 30 published articles that reference ClearStream: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?b...w&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr=&cites=9293418610802970016

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
All of this concerns me, HIC.. and I did not say i reject.. i said, I am looking at how it got started. hmm?? when??
who is paying for it?? does it have any affiliations??

has nothing to do with protocol.. but who is influencing it?? .. if it is independent.. why is it attached to fa??
why is there no other site where it keeps records, but on fa??

don't you wonder about that? or is that of little concern? just wondering, is all.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
10 minuets.. no other reply..

this thread has been nothing but crap, just like all the others i try and have a reasonable conversation in..
I do not expect a reply.. but it would have been nice.. i too am tried of the crap.. and i refuse to reply to this thread again.
if anyone has proof of acetoin, or others that might interest me or the community.. post..

but do not expect me to talk in this thread again.. you guys win ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
has nothing to do with protocol.. but who is influencing it?? .. if it is independent.. why is it attached to fa??

don't you wonder about that? or is that of little concern? just wondering, is all.

No, Smoky - I don't wonder. I read the published research.

Why do you refuse to do that?

Read the scientists' studies. Form an informed opinion to make your own informed decisions, rather than "just wondering."

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i have.. but yet you did not read what i wrote.. why can you not answer my questions?
you tell me to read the pubs.. How do you know i have not? or have?

Nevermind.. this is stupid. like i said..
All of this concerns me, HIC.. and I did not say i reject.. i said, I am looking at how it got started. hmm?? when??
who is paying for it?? does it have any affiliations??

scientific theory tells me to question everything. ;)

so officially, you guys win.. i refuse to post further. thank you..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
i have.. but yet you did not read what i wrote.. why can you not answer my questions?
you tell me to read the pubs.. How do you know i have not? or have?

Nevermind.. this is stupid. like i said..

I know you have not read the links I provided - because they clearly answer the questions you are asking.

If you are truly curious, it will be worth your time.

If you refuse to read the answers, your last statement is indeed true.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if any of you are also over at Reddit/ecr but.. there was a thread the other day that I think is worth reading. The OP was nonsense and since deleted, but the comments are interesting, to say the least. A number of vendors also posted, backing up much of it. To be honest, I think it raises more questions than it answers o_O but I think they're questions worth asking - esp regarding that flavor study/testing.

Anyway, it's over here --> http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...ear_bombies_its_been_a_while_now_any_word_on/

If you've got 15 minutes to spare, give it a read - love to hear your thoughts :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't know if any of you are also over at Reddit/ecr but.. there was a thread the other day that I think is worth reading. The OP was nonsense and since deleted, but the comments are interesting, to say the least. A number of vendors also posted, backing up much of it. To be honest, I think it raises more questions than it answers o_O but I think they're questions worth asking - esp regarding that flavor study/testing.

Anyway, it's over here --> http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...ear_bombies_its_been_a_while_now_any_word_on/

If you've got 15 minutes to spare, give it a read - love to hear your thoughts :)

Well, any conflict of interest with AEMSA's board of directors would be news to me, but I haven't kept an active interest in that organization. If a member of AEMSA's board has financial interest in Enthalpy labs, and Enthalpy's services are "recommended" to paying members, that would seem a clear conflict of interest. But that claim was denied by one poster, who may or may not be the same "Schell" from here , who is an AEMSA member and made some unsubstantiated (and since retracted) claims regarding other companies. If a conflict of interest exists between AEMSA and Enthalpy, it should be documented, publicized, and presented to the appropriate regulatory agencies. But I see no evidence presented.

As of September I felt AEMSA's expensive seal of approval was essentially meaningless to vapers, for reasons I detailed over here: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ful-testing-flavor-vendors.19300/#post-118123 . If their membership requirements remain unchanged, I remain equally unimpressed. If they have changed, I an uninformed.

Regarding the AEMSA strong-arming claims in that reddit thread - such claims should be presented with hard evidence or not made in the first place.

Regarding the reliability/accuracy of Enthalpy's test results, I really have no knowledge of the company and no opinion. And as repetitious as this sounds, if the accounts relayed in the reddit thread regarding wildly-varying test results are true, proof must be provided - preferably to the appropriate regulatory agency, rather than as gossip on a vaping forum. Until then, I don't have an opinion either way, because I have no personal experience with them.

Actual evidence on either side of the claims made on that reddit thread would warrant a new thread here. So if you see something, I hope you'll post it for us. I browse reddit occasionally but don't keep a close eye on anything there.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for that. Lots of issues discussed in that thread.

People are getting tired of the vendor bashing. I wonder how long until some of these folks figure out that never ending bad press isn't really making for a hospitable atmosphere. It's kinda hard to want to work with a group of people that starts off by accusing everybody of being shady. I was initially fine with the do gooders doing their thing. They've gone too far. Now I'm turned off by it.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Nice the vapor chef is in there. Thanks for the link!

VU Sponsors