Late Night in DIYland, take II

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, it's nothing along those lines. I've enjoyed his music since before he started gaining notoriety. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, or 'convert' people away from what they're happy believing. If you think that's my goal, you're sorely mistaken. My intention was only to present music for the thread.

It's a good thing you're not religious, one of their big points is not judging people. ;)

That's an incredibly obtuse view for someone asking me to 'view the whole picture.'

Acutally, the entire point of my post was only one of caution for a fellow vaper. I never actually said what I believe. What I believe isn't relevant. But when you put a "warning" about "don't read this important shit if you're weak minded or a sheeple", I just thought I would point out a couple things. No offense intended brother. I just think it's just as bad when people go off the deep end of either end of the cliff. Those views are becoming real popular and like I said, they are coming from everywhere. I don't wanna ban music, but I can see music for what it is. Luckily I've always been able to do that while MANY cannot. Please don't think I was in ANY way trying to tell you what to believe. I was just presenting the other side of the coin (a reverse devil's advocate if you will..LOL).

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...But when you put a "warning" about "don't read this important shit if you're weak minded or a sheeple"
I never said important. I said deep, and none can doubt that claim. My 'warning' was more of a CYA for the religious fanatics that read the post. Trying to douse the flames before they fan up. Nawm'sayn?

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Long time lurker poppin' in on a dark night huh? Haha. About to throw tfa key lime out the window. Trying for key lime pie that's creamy and sweet and no matter what percentage I used it was very present and very tart...:(

Btw flowerpots I appreciate you documenting your findings in the "other place" they have been very helpful

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG Tone-Loc! "But that's what happens when bodies start slappin', from doin' the wild thing!"

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, @danykitten welcome

Yeah, kinda slow tonight here.

What are you mixing with the key lime? Any cream? Any graham cracker? Cheesecake?

Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it :)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to [user]DanyKitten[/user]
From key lime, trying to get to key lime pie, I'd try adding vanilla custard, graham cracker / pie crust, and either marshmallow or whipped cream. Got any of those flavors?
Edit: Or, like [user]FlowerPots[/user] said, Cheesecake.

Last edited:

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bavarian cream, whipped cream, cheesecake Graham crust, cheesecake, and a few drops of smooth and cotton candy. I saw quite a few recipes where they used key lime at 8-10% but I found that way too much...maybe my key lime taste is broken lol

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yayyy @Ace is here. You didn't miss much. Kind of slow tonight....

Got any tunes?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Long time lurker poppin' in on a dark night huh? Haha. About to throw tfa key lime out the window. Trying for key lime pie that's creamy and sweet and no matter what percentage I used it was very present and very tart...:(

Btw flowerpots I appreciate you documenting your findings in the "other place" they have been very helpful
Welcome to the club!!! Here's an easy one http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/8366/Key+Lime+Pie+1

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Temper the key lime with your cheesecake graham crust flavoring, and if it's still to lime-y, try your whipped cream at a low %

Or listen to RocketPuppy...there you go

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never thought of adding dulce de leche or sugar cookie...I'm on take four and I was about to give up and just use lime but all I have in inawera and it's really good but more candy less pie Imo
I knew I should ask yall. I've really looked up to your post before and they have been very helpful I'm just glad I found this site as it seems much more helpful

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My very first real boyfriend had tickets to see Van Halen, and took his friends and not me!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never thought of adding dulce de leche or sugar cookie...I'm on take four and I was about to give up and just use lime but all I have in inawera and it's really good but more candy less pie Imo
I knew I should ask yall. I've really looked up to your post before and they have been very helpful I'm just glad I found this site as it seems much more helpful

I don't have Inawera lime, but I have TFA key lime and it's tart, I remember that. Do you have the ingredients for the recipe RocketPuppy posted?

This site is very different from the other one...in a good way.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had it with cinnamon sugar cookie too that's different but not bad.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bavarian cream, whipped cream, cheesecake Graham crust, cheesecake, and a few drops of smooth and cotton candy. I saw quite a few recipes where they used key lime at 8-10% but I found that way too much...maybe my key lime taste is broken lol
What brand flavors are you using?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure someone else other than me can come up with something yummy!

Work your magic, RP

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry pots. Spent all day with hip hop and rap blaring at me (definitely not my thing) having brain mush.
See if this sticks in your melon

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A full list would take me hours. Haha safe to say if you say it I'll probably have some variation. All the flavors I listed are tfa with the exception of cheesecake which is diy flavorshack which is actually pretty yummy. I've got a slew of creams, fa cookie, cupcakes and such but this pie is just the bane because of the tartness of key lime.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure someone else other than me can come up with something yummy!
We can try to guide you in the right direction, but no one can find your sweet spot for taste except you. Notes are your best friend. I use a program to keep track of changes.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Then you play DJ, @Ace, I'm totally trusting of your taste in music.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I had another life to live, like cats do, I would be a jazz pianist and also play alto sax.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jazz is on my least favorite list. Never could listen to it. Either makes me sleepy or annoyed

uh oh, okay, then you pick next song, @Ace. Give us something good though (no pressure).

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was in a Jazz band back in college. I play (or played I should say now days!) percussion.

Nice, Chowder. Share some of your favorite jazz tunes. I'll listen (while Ace and danykitten don't lol)

I have zero musical talent. I can play the devil out of my youtube videos though.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok guys and gals, here's one that has me scratching my head; I have a colleague that is allergic to vanilla and flavorings containing vanilla notes. Question, are there any cream flavorings out there that do not have vanilla, vanilla notes, or vanilla derivatives in them?

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about something like this?
TFA Key Lime 8%
FA Cookie 1-2%
FA Fresh and Vienna Cream 1% each
FA Meringue 1% or TFA Marshmallow 3%
Ooo that sounds yummy. I've got everything but the vienna cream. Bull city was out last time I ordered. Anything else you think I can throw in its place?

VU Sponsors