Become a Patron!

Modfather Inc 30mm RTA

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sent kidney puncher a email with pics of the flaws. It's going to suck bad if I have to send it back.
Thank god you bought it from KP, they stand behind the products they sell. At least I've never had a problem with um in the past in regard to a different product. They responded to an email in a reasonable amount of time too, and exchanged the product without any hassles.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lotta gravity working against ya too.....:)
No shit, the short kit though I don't have to worry about flipping though. It's only about 4-5ml but I still use a Unicorn with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No shit, the short kit though I don't have to worry about flipping though. It's only about 4-5ml but I still use a Unicorn with it.

Never tried the flipping gig, but don't have any leaks.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I gotta aquire a mod this weekend that will accommodate this beast. The only thing holding me back is I don't have a mod that this tank won't look ridiculous on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps the 100% VG I use helps.....:D

Shit has the consistency of gear oil, and it still wicks like a champ.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gotta aquire a mod this weekend that will accommodate this beast. The only thing holding me back is I don't have a mod that this tank won't look ridiculous on.

Jack, this doesn't look ridiculous....:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jack, this doesn't look ridiculous....:D

Lol, anybody pair this thing with the Lux? If so how about some pics? Better yet let me see the mod you like using with your modfather. Make sure it's a regulated mod. I'm too pretty to be using that unregulated stuff. Lmfao.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks pretty good. That's an all day set up if I ever saw one. How's the TC on that Maxo?

Haven't tried TC, Jack....I don't like fucking around with it, strictly wattage mode here.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the 30mm Scottua on the LUX, fits like a glove. No Modfather for me today, the turkey will taste bittersweet tomorrow as I wait until Friday.....

40292e39bbcb2ce481e56b5c90069901.jpg

Love the combo by the way, killer deal for less than 15 for the tank and 5 for the Kepler heat sink so condensation stays out of my 510.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That looks pretty good. That's an all day set up if I ever saw one. How's the TC on that Maxo?

Maxo has overhang on 30mm tanks. I considered it until I found that out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maxo has overhang on 30mm tanks. I considered it until I found that out
I considered it but bought two of them anyways.
haha
However NOT for my 30mm tanks.
That's just absurd to have overhang.
OCD says no.

Lol, anybody pair this thing with the Lux? If so how about some pics? Better yet let me see the mod you like using with your modfather. Make sure it's a regulated mod. I'm too pretty to be using that unregulated stuff. Lmfao.
20161123_220308.jpg 20161123_220356.jpg 20161123_220411.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For home. Not pocket friendly. I'm considering an ammit now for my slice

That Ammit looks awesome. Geekvape has never disappointed me.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine certainly had less going on.
One of the large O-rings (bottom one for air flow) is half cut.
There are quite a few places where I find over spray from where they painted the matte black and one tiny bare spot under the drip tip.
However I am choosing to let it ride.
The O-ring may turn out to be an issue later but I'll just replace it.
I also had some of that around the edge of the glass.
Not sure what it was but it scratches off with fingernail.
Currently itching to get it wicked up and take this puppy for a test drive.
Starting with some Demon Killer Staple Staggered Fused Claptons @.19 with 3.5mm ID.
Let's see what happens.
20161123_211949.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There are quite a few places where I find over spray from where they painted the matte black and one tiny bare spot under the drip tip.
Starting with some Demon Killer Staple Staggered Fused Claptons @.19 with 3.5mm ID.
Let's see what happens.
View attachment 67447
The build I threw in mine
8af337e18161f3013f763703abc8d9fb.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The build I threw in mine
8af337e18161f3013f763703abc8d9fb.jpg

So how do you like the Vape?
Let's see what happens.
View attachment 67447
The machining is outstanding but the black coating has started to come off in the Ultrasonic with my Tall Kit. No real biggie for me and I just clean the tank by hand.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Ammit looks awesome. Geekvape has never disappointed me.

Their VCMT, both 25mm and 30mm are pieces of shit. They both leak like a sieve, no matter how you wick them. The leaks are from shitty press fitting of the base.

Edit

Wrong company, that's Vaperz Cloud.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So how do you like the Vape?

The machining is outstanding but the black coating has started to come off in the Ultrasonic with my Tall Kit. No real biggie for me and I just clean the tank by hand.

Vape is amazing but still having filling issues. It leaks for me when filling but it's fine after I get it going. Even did the upside down thing and it leaked juice right from the drip tip.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Their VCMT, both 25mm and 30mm are pieces of shit. They both leak like a sieve, no matter how you wick them. The leaks are from shitty press fitting of the base.

Edit

Lol yup. Geekvape and digiflavor (sister companies) have never done wrong by me

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Edit

Lol, I was wondering what you were talking about.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape is amazing but still having filling issues. It leaks for me when filling but it's fine after I get it going. Even did the upside down thing and it leaked juice right from the drip tip.

You'll get it down.
Lol yup. Geekvape and digiflavor (sister companies) have never done wrong by me

Yeah they're not bad. Geekvape for me though has really shitty grub screws. I always have to replace them right out of the box. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance.
Lol, I was wondering what you were talking about.

Yeah, I have so much gear I get mixed up sometimes ;)

Anyway I do really like most of Vaperz Cloud gear but really hate the VCMT. I still have a 30mm and 25mm in the bin. They're there incase someone wants to trade for them. I'm not shopping them though.

bcr500

Member For 3 Years

If your filling from the bottom and it's leaking out of the drip tip then you have a bad seal some were. Check your orings.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If your filling from the bottom and it's leaking out of the drip tip then you have a bad seal some were. Check your orings.
Yep, especially check the o-ring around the chimney under the top cap. It has a tendency to fall out at times. Not when filling but when cleaning or when first used/filled.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this chatting about the Beautiful BEAST I had to give my SS one some love.

Holy Shit she Vapes awesome on the Panther!

66b917839b585a6dae5c45cd5955217c.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost lost the little O-ring in the very bottom without knowing it.
When I removed the bottom cap it fell out and I didn't notice it.
Luckily before I put anything back together I always thoroughly check my entire workspace to see if there is anything I am overlooking.
It had fallen out and rolled under a post-it note I had laying there with my coil resistance results written on it.
Good thing I noticed.

In the past hour I've only inhaled about half a tank of juice and so far I like the results.
Using Demon Killer Staple Staggered Fused Claptons @.19 with 3.5mm ID with QuickWick 3.5mm cotton.
The precut length provided just enough to tuck under and between the coils and the concept I was rather intrigued with.
They have a plastic sleeve on the end of them like a shoestring so you just slip it in and slide the sleeve off.
Nothing that couldn't be done the old fashion way but certainly quicker.
They're Wet Wick Supply Quickwick Starter Kit I picked up for $6.49 for 10 pcs.
Obviously much higher price than cotton bacon or anything else for that matter but I wanted to test them.
That was my LAST order with VaporBeast due to their new age verification process where they REQUIRE you to send photo copy of your ID and refuse the option to sign for delivery.
But that is an entirely different topic.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm filling from the top and flipping it to burp

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yep, especially check the o-ring around the chimney under the top cap. It has a tendency to fall out at times. Not when filling but when cleaning or when first used/filled.

It's there I cleaned it first and seen it fall out while cleaning and put it back in

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a damn nice looking mod.
Did you buy the iJoy LUX with the iJoy 26650 batteries?
I noticed http://www.myvaporstore.com/iJoy-Limitless-LUX-215W-TC-Mod-p/lim5010.htm has a decent price, compared to others.

@Paratech where did you pick yours up?

vaportekusa.com
First one for $79.79 with batteries on 8/3/2016
Second one for $72.99 with the batteries on 10/2/2016

myvaporstore is out of stock.
https://www.elementvape.com/ijoy-limitless-lux-215w-dual-26650-box-mod $82.95 but the details say the batteries aren't included, not sure about that one.
http://121vapes.com/shop/ijoy-limit...?color=black&gclid=CPKNxo_SwNACFQgzaQodk8wFgg $64.99 in stock including batteries.
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_415478.html $75.09 states comes with battery sleeves but when I bought mine that was all it said so I don't know if these are included or not.
http://www.efun.top/ijoy-limitless-lux-dual-26650-box-mod.html $54.99 WITHOUT batteries and they are out of stock on batteries.
I picked up a pair from them on 10/28/2016 for $13.99, wish I would have ordered 10 pair.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/5364702 $71.82 without batteries.
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/new-products/ijoy-lux-215-box-mod.html $88.95 BUT with code NEWMFS15 they are $75.61 BUT out of stock.

The batteries are $9.04 each https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024779/5364800-authentic-ijoy-inr-26650-3-7v-4200mah
Or
$22.99 http://www.ijoycig.com/product/item-294.html

I'm thinking my next dual 26650 mod will be Geekvape GBOX150.
http://www.efun.top/geekvape-gbox-150w-battery-mod.html?mw_aref=0ba1e57ffa588b111fec5527f16f4e80
http://www.cvapor.com/geekvape-gbox...w-box-mod-powered-by-two-26650-batteries.html
http://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/109...x-mod-black-5150w-2-x-26650.html#.WDZ71WwzU0Q

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost lost the little O-ring in the very bottom without knowing it.
When I removed the bottom cap it fell out and I didn't notice it.
Luckily before I put anything back together I always thoroughly check my entire workspace to see if there is anything I am overlooking.
It had fallen out and rolled under a post-it note I had laying there with my coil resistance results written on it.
Good thing I noticed.

In the past hour I've only inhaled about half a tank of juice and so far I like the results.
Using Demon Killer Staple Staggered Fused Claptons @.19 with 3.5mm ID with QuickWick 3.5mm cotton.
The precut length provided just enough to tuck under and between the coils and the concept I was rather intrigued with.
They have a plastic sleeve on the end of them like a shoestring so you just slip it in and slide the sleeve off.
Nothing that couldn't be done the old fashion way but certainly quicker.
They're Wet Wick Supply Quickwick Starter Kit I picked up for $6.49 for 10 pcs.
Obviously much higher price than cotton bacon or anything else for that matter but I wanted to test them.
That was my LAST order with VaporBeast due to their new age verification process where they REQUIRE you to send photo copy of your ID and refuse the option to sign for delivery.
But that is an entirely different topic.
The o-ring will stay in place after removing the bottom a couple of times..... You can match them with o-rings from other attys or get them at home depot plumbing.......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm filling from the top and flipping it to burp

If you don't have enough cotton it will saturate too much with time. Don't forget that after 24 hours the cotton begins to be well saturated and gets flatter with time.

All you do is add a small amount of cotton to the deck, keeping the deck always nice and full..... You can even cut out a small cut right down between the posts to make sure the entire deck is full with Cotton.

The secret of the Modfather is that the deck loves cotton !!!!!!
56bdab21e3da6bd6a629b01a8688a955.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors