Become a Patron!

My battery limit? WHAT LOL

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so I just got the smok h priv (reg box mod) and i put a rda on it, so I use two 18650 batteries 20 amps each. Im just confused on how to stay within the amp limits, could someone please help me better understand? Since I have two batteries does that make it 40 amps all together?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
YOU HAVE A REGULATED MOD. that means the mod figures it out
read the instructions to your mod

keep your coils in this range
above .06 if you are using TC coils
and above .10 if your in power mode

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watt setting divided by total battery voltage gives you approximate battery current.

For example 100w/8v=12.5a

With a 'dual batteries in series' mod, don't even worry about it until you break 130 watts or so. When they're in series you still get a 20 amp limit. Build resistance has jack shit to do with it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my point is
the mod's board would stop it from over drawing the amps. stay with in the mods specified build range which resistance is part of OHMS law and you are fine with a regulated mod. its unregulated mods you have to worry about your amp limits

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my point is
the mod's board would stop it from over drawing the amps. stay with in the mods specified build range which resistance is part of OHMS law and you are fine with a regulated mod. its unregulated mods you have to worry about your amp limits

Hey thanks man! haha im bit new to the whole dripping stuff.... if you couldnt tell :facepalm::D Im just glad I know for sure mow, appreciate the help bro! ;):cheers:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
now
with aregulated mod
you do have to be careful what battery you put in it
many companies LIE on the label
you should use LG samsung or sony batteries
these are accurate amp ratings
lg hg2 he4 he2 are all 20amp batteries for real
samsung 25rs are real 20amp batteries

but if you use a battery that can only truly fire 10 or 15amps in a regulated mod and push it to its limits with watts or the lowest resistance build it can fire....you may be asking for trouble.

so make sure you use good batteries

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
now
with aregulated mod
you do have to be careful what battery you put in it
many companies LIE on the label
you should use LG samsung or sony batteries
these are accurate amp ratings
lg hg2 he4 he2 are all 20amp batteries for real
samsung 25rs are real 20amp batteries

but if you use a battery that can only truly fire 10 or 15amps in a regulated mod and push it to its limits with watts or the lowest resistance build it can fire....you may be asking for trouble.

so make sure you use good batteries

Is lower amps better? like a 40 amp battery is better than a 20 amp?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you should do some research on batteries'
but the basics are this
use a samsung 25R
an lg he2
lg he4
or lg hg2
and theres probably some others i could add

buy them from liionwholesale.com

and your good

put them in a regulated mod like yours
read the manual to your mod
make sure the coil ohms you are using are with in the stated range for your mod

and you should be 1000% fine

charge the batteires in a separate charger like a xtar or nitecor

the mod does all the work for you in keeping you safe.
i dont have your mod but my regulate\d mods will not fire at all if the coil is too low ohms
will not go above certain wattages if it is unsafe to do so

could it still blow up in your face? theres an infitisimal chance it could
but if you do stupid things like
use bad batteries
use batteries that have their wraps torn up
use coils that are shorting out or are too low for your mod to fire
get the mod wet
drop it and damage it

then those chances increase significantly

its great you are worried about safety
but i thnk your mixing information up alot

there are two types of devices an unregulated mod
which has no microchips or anything else in it. These YOU MUST KNOW ohms law and what is safe and not safe to do. These can blow up in your face if you dont know what your doing
the other type of mod is a regulated mod like yours which has microchips and so forth in it to keep you safe from doing stupid things. You dont need to worry so much with these, just general precautions like i mentioned with your batteries is the biggest thing.

In fact I would say good batteries are the key to being safe
use one of the ones i mentioned above. get them from a good dealer like liionwholesale,(there are other reputable dealers, just they are my go to dealer) because many people sell fakes- and you are good to go.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
but the basics are this
use a samsung 25R
an lg he2
lg he4
or lg hg2

and your good

i dont have your mod but my regulate\d mods will not fire at all if the coil is too low ohms

use bad batteries
get the mod wet
drop it and damage it

which has no microchips or anything else in it. These YOU MUST KNOW ohms law and what is safe and not safe to do. These can blow up in your face if you dont know what your doing
the other type of mod is a regulated mod like yours which has microchips and so forth in it to keep you safe from doing stupid things. You dont need to worry so much with these, just general precautions like i mentioned with your batteries is the biggest thing.

use one of the ones i mentioned above. get them from a good dealer like liionwholesale,(there are other reputable dealers, just they are my go to dealer) because many people sell fakes- and you are good to go.

Samsung 30Q are also great batteries. I personally prefer 3000mah batteries so It'll last me all day. I got 1 set og LG HG2 and 1 set of samsung 30Q. They are practically the same. I found this guys site where he tests everything.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

You can look for your battery on it and see his tests, but the general rule of thumb seems to be samsung, Sony, or LG

Also This is a great site to buy batteries from.
http://www.illumn.com/

I ordered a pair of HG2 and a pair of Q30 with tax and shipping and everything for 30 bucks total.

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
but the basics are this
use a samsung 25R
an lg he2
lg he4
or lg hg2

and your good

use bad batteries
get the mod wet
drop it and damage it

Dang i really appreciate the help, yeah I just built my first coil yesterday and the flavor isnt the best haha, probably because I suck. But yeah i charge them in a smart charger, and i made sure i knew the range of ohms for my mod. Also i learned a little of the ohms law just in case haha.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is lower amps better? like a 40 amp battery is better than a 20 amp?
There are batteries that claim to be 40A, but they lie. Any battery that claims that sort of crap is one to avoid. Like already posted, stick to LG or Samsung from trusted places such as liionwholesale.com illumn.com or imrbatteries.com

Also, just tossing this out there - never ever stick a battery in your pocket unless it's in a plastic battery box. These batteries can be dangerous and when shorted will result in fires and such. Put one in your pocket with some change and/or keys and you'll be on your way to becoming a eunuch.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most "40"A batteries were tested.
None of them were 40A, none of them were 30A, most of them were 20A, some of them were 10A

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my point is
Build resistance has NOTHING to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod. You don't know what you're talking about. Also, the mod has no idea what batteries are being used and will absolutely pull more amps than the batteries can handle if you use something like 10 amp cells and too high of a watt setting. Again, you don't know what you're talking about .

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you know im probably wording shit very badly
with a good regulated mod
and the right batteries you should be safe
and if ohms has nothing to do with the current then why do mods say use 20amp batteries and many wont fire when the resistance of the coil would over draw the amps of the batteries it recommends you to use

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mods have minimum resistances they will fire. It has nothing to do with battery current, it has to do with what the chip is designed to handle. They also have a voltage range they will output. When the resistance gets too low, some mods can't buck the output voltage low enough to give the set wattage so it won't fire. Nothing to do with battery current.

Multiply the nominal voltage (3.7v) of the batts we use by 20 amps and you get 74 watts. Each 20 amp batt is good for about that amount of watts and that's why single batt mods cap around there. Double for two cells, etc. Running 70 watts per batt with cells less than 20 amps results in exceeding the cells amp limit. Again, coil resistance has nothing to do with it.

Coil voltage and coil current are not the same as battery voltage and battery current. 4v and 20 amps at the coil doesn't mean the 2 cells in series that make 8v are also discharging 20 amps. 4 x 20 doesn't equal 8 x 20. Only the total watts being output equal the total watts being drawn from the batteries.

Bottom line, use quality 20 amp or higher batteries, run any resistance the mod will fire and use whatever watt setting you want to dial in and you're fine.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Bottom line, use quality 20 amp or higher batteries, run any resistance the mod will fire and use whatever watt setting you want to dial in and you're fine.
That is my point TY
Im just saying shit wrong, and yes you understand this shit better then me for sure

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is my point TY
Im just saying shit wrong, and yes you understand this shit better then me for sure
yeah that shit you said up there was some damned nonsense that was for sure I read it 3 times and was at a loss

VU Sponsors