Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not the same exact pic, but all taken in the same location, on my window sill by my easy chair.. Its where lighting is best and where I keep all my mods I'm vaping at the moment
2dd43bdaef37959da08f7e0ca5a1223e.jpg
like this Griffin #1 and #2, and the tfv4 on the end..Vaping these this morning in rotation, and sitting on the window sill within easy reach from my easy chair, lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
be2b452bc8a0aca7b725e93b2998c471.jpg

What about this shot?? VaporCarp where's my custard??

Vape On

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not the same exact pic, but all taken in the same location, on my window sill by my easy chair.. Its where lighting is best and where I keep all my mods I'm vaping at the moment
2dd43bdaef37959da08f7e0ca5a1223e.jpg
like this Griffin #1 and #2, and the tfv4 on the end..Vaping these this morning in rotation, and sitting on the window sill within easy reach from my easy chair, lololo

I know just busting your balls. Mine are usually the same location too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vape On
Is that your kbox? It's in da mail mang. Hope I put enough stamps on it. Hate to see it stop midway lol.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that your kbox? It's in da mail mang. Hope I put enough stamps on it. Hate to see it stop midway lol.

Yeah man, it's my work mod light and cheap, looks good too...
Got this from the africamonk
When I saw hanks KBOX I got jealous...

Vape On

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah man, it's my work mod light and cheap, looks good too...
Got this from the africamonk
When I saw hanks KBOX I got jealous...

Vape On
Does it have the stupid amp limit?

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Vape On
how come i see stains on it. :D

just put coils on my aromamizer ... 316ss .. 2.5mm .. 10 wrap ... .29ohm .... 450F .... works like a champ .. need to put same juice in these tanks and try them side by side!

on a side note ... my Cuboid is moving ... hope it can arrive today ... freaking 2 weeks already .... :(:(:(

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

just put coils on my aromamizer ... 316ss .. 2.5mm .. 10 wrap ... .29ohm .... 450F .... works like a champ .. need to put same juice in these tanks and try them side by side!

on a side note ... my Cuboid is moving ... hope it can arrive today ... freaking 2 weeks already .... :(:(:(
Lol from where?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I cleaned it with bleach monk, flawless

Vape On

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. This is weird. I started getting dry hits on my Griffin out of no where. I have it wicked just like normal and it's giving me nasty dry hits. Still using my dual Clapton build, same Raymo style wick job and dry hits galore. It was perfect when I wicked it, and when I check the wick now, it's visibly dry around the edges where it would normally be saturated. Gave up and tossed on my TFV4 for work today, gonna mess with it later tonight.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmmm VapeRN DID you remove the ring ?
I got more dry hits when i remove the ring??

Vape On

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely did not touch the ring. I actually started getting dry hits with a perfectly good wicking that was working for like 3+days, rewicked it and it was fine for several hours, went to bed and woke up to dry hits. Gross.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
put 28gx2/32g, 3mm,.22ohm, 6 wrap claptons in, vapes really nice @ 65w ... decent even up to 80w
was playing with my Cuboid and changing all the tanks around, this same build now reads .39ohm on both the Kbox120 and Cuboid. :eek:

any thoughts @raymo2u ?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely did not touch the ring. I actually started getting dry hits with a perfectly good wicking that was working for like 3+days, rewicked it and it was fine for several hours, went to bed and woke up to dry hits. Gross.

Hmmm..I havn't had anything close to a dry hit (knock on wood) with a 24g build, did not touch the ring and wicked just like Raymo posted, but I use organic cotton for wicks... After two days it still hits great...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
was playing with my Cuboid and changing all the tanks around, this same build now reads .39ohm on both the Kbox120 and Cuboid. :eek:

any thoughts @raymo2u ?
Some Mods read them differently, Like EJ's Cuboid and RX read his build at .09, his Sigilei read the same build at .11 Ohms...
Its the Chip, its sensitivity and the contacts...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmmmm VapeRN DID you remove the ring ?
I got more dry hits when i remove the ring??

Vape On
The cotton can be pulled and tugged when not enclosed by the ring, this will choke the juice off and ca cause dryhits...remember the tank still needs to be threaded on and theres room for the cotton to move and twisted. Its better to use the ring, just make sure to tighten it as tight as you can and then follow my wicking tut.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some Mods read them differently, Like EJ's Cuboid and RX read his build at .09, his Sigilei read the same build at .11 Ohms...
Its the Chip, its sensitivity and the contacts...
No it reads .39 on both mods now... Was .22 earlier ... I tried loosening and retightening the screws , re wicked... Still .39 .. Does it sound right for Clapton's?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No it reads .39 on both mods now... Was .22 earlier ... I tried loosening and retightening the screws , re wicked... Still .39 .. Does it sound right for Clapton's?
What Material wires? Whats the ID? How many wraps? Single or Dual Coil?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok. This is weird. I started getting dry hits on my Griffin out of no where. I have it wicked just like normal and it's giving me nasty dry hits. Still using my dual Clapton build, same Raymo style wick job and dry hits galore. It was perfect when I wicked it, and when I check the wick now, it's visibly dry around the edges where it would normally be saturated. Gave up and tossed on my TFV4 for work today, gonna mess with it later tonight.

Its pretty Obvious something isnt right...Either the wicking is bunched up or its being choked around the juice port opening. The cotton should be dry and fluffy and end right where the juice ring is, there should be a slight gap before the bottom of the ring and your cotton, if you've followed this then you wont have dry hits no matter what you use.
Have you considered your wattage to be to high, f you seriously have done all of what I said then this could also be your issue.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Guess the initial .22 reading was off somehow. Thanks man. Now I dialed it back down to vape LOL. Back to 45w.
If a lead pokes through and touches the other coil it can give a much lower reading, be sure it has the clearance needed for each coil and that nothing(including the barrel) touches any part of the coils.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If a lead pokes through and touches the other coil it can give a much lower reading, be sure it has the clearance needed for each coil and that nothing(including the barrel) touches any part of the coils.
I checked before installing and when I uninstalled it, looks to be clear. Unless it pushes it when I put the cap back on. Will try the same build on the second Griffin and see what I get.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its pretty Obvious something isnt right...Either the wicking is bunched up or its being choked around the juice port opening. The cotton should be dry and fluffy and end right where the juice ring is, there should be a slight gap before the bottom of the ring and your cotton, if you've followed this then you wont have dry hits no matter what you use.
Have you considered your wattage to be to high, f you seriously have done all of what I said then this could also be your issue.

So I took it down when I got home last night after a long day of unsatisfactory vaping on my TFV4 in TC mode and I found the issue with my Griffin.

The wicks grew! Sounds weird but KGD expands when wet and even though I had it resting on the channels when dry, as it saturated it expanded and was sticking into the channels. A little trim and I was back in flavor town. This thing rocks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I took it down when I got home last night after a long day of unsatisfactory vaping on my TFV4 in TC mode and I found the issue with my Griffin.

The wicks grew! Sounds weird but KGD expands when wet and even though I had it resting on the channels when dry, as it saturated it expanded and was sticking into the channels. A little trim and I was back in flavor town. This thing rocks.

That may be another good tip, after you soak your wicks take off the Chamber and pull them out and make sure they are still just barely being cupped by the ring.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Wicked this thing three times yesterday I think I finally got it right. Mike vapes video helped if anyone is still trying to figure it out after reading all the information already provided in this thread.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicked this thing three times yesterday I think I finally got it right. Mike vapes video helped if anyone is still trying to figure it out after reading all the information already provided in this thread.
I've found the Griffin to be one the easiest RTA's to wick..four days and no leaks! Lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well still waiting for my fucking return to be refunded...Once it is I am buying a nice DSLR and I think I may make some Wicking, Coil building, and other small videos...and take some 4K pics!
Ill also be doing a VCMT/Griffin Comparison for those who want to see a real difference between them, they each have there own different pros and cons but all in all the Griffin is a much better deal for the money and has less cons altogether.

Can anyone here suggest a 30mm Mod? I am also looking to get and compare the 30mm VCMT and Alpha Ohmega but I dont have anything they wont look funny on.

Another thing, The Hohm Wrecker G2 has been proven to have working Kanthal TC, even working well with Fused Claptons and other builds. I suggest anyone with $120-$140 spending money go out and buy one! I will be doing a video for a Cotton Burn test and more when I get my camera for those who are skeptical.o_O

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, Rip did seem to like it, as well as some of the comments below it..I'm using almost the same build with 24g Nichrome.. Still hittin' good!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, Rip did seem to like it, as well as some of the comments below it..I'm using almost the same build with 24g Nichrome.. Still hittin' good!

Yea I sit there looking through the comment of people thinking the VCMT is better then the Griffin, they obviously dont own either and just go by pics. The VCMT is like a rushed sloppy version of a enlarged Griffin, it isnt designed as well or machined as nice as the Griffin and costs 2 times as much. The build deck isnt much bigger in the VCMT and its a 25mm RTA, the Griffin uses the space much more efficiently. I cant wait until the 25mm Griffin comes out because it will shut all the VCMT fanboys up.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's what I'm gonna throw in mine! How many wraps? ID? Ohms?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I sit there looking through the comment of people thinking the VCMT is better then the Griffin, they obviously dont own either and just go by pics. The VCMT is like a rushed sloppy version of a enlarged Griffin, it isnt designed as well or machined as nice as the Griffin and costs 2 times as much. The build deck isnt much bigger in the VCMT and its a 25mm RTA, the Griffin uses the space much more efficiently. I cant wait until the 25mm Griffin comes out because it will shut all the VCMT fanboys up.
I thought u said u like the vcmt?

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's what I'm gonna throw in mine! How many wraps? ID? Ohms?

Try Dual Parallels with 5 Wraps, 3.5mm ID . Should be in the .16-.2 range and would be great around 70w.
I may go insane with my next Griffin build with Quad coils but IDK when Ill be taking out the Alien Build..I may wait for the Black Griffin to Arrive for that Craziness...

I thought u said u like the vcmt?

Vape On
I do but the griffin is much better in terms of quality and efficiency, I would not say its better then the Griffin and Im sure most VCMT owners that have handled a Griffin would also agree. If the Fix the Juice Control and add knurling to the Delrin Top then it may be a much more capable RTA, but for now its flaws are holding it back, along with its cost.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try Dual Parallels with 5 Wraps, 3.5mm ID . Should be in the .16-.2 range and would be great around 70w.
I may go insane with my next Griffin build with Quad coils but IDK when Ill be taking out the Alien Build..I may wait for the Black Griffin to Arrive for that Craziness...

I do but the griffin is much better in terms of quality and efficiency, I would not say its better then the Griffin and Im sure most VCMT owners that have handled a Griffin would also agree. If the Fix the Juice Control and add knurling to the Delrin Top then it may be a much more capable RTA, but for now its flaws are holding it back, along with its cost.
Dual parallels with 24g nichrome?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't see no problem with the juice control though, it's wide open all the time, it's close when filling other than that it's OPEN like McDonalds... They always find shit to say! How much is the vcmt?

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't see no problem with the juice control though, it's wide open all the time, it's close when filling other than that it's OPEN like McDonalds... Then always find shit to say! How much is the vcmt?

Vape On
The problem is the VCMT has a floating juice control, it can spin when tightening and if your not careful or keeping an eye on it you will close it off and fry your cotton, this is something that shouldnt be a issue with it. The 25mm VCMT is around $70 USD and the 30mm is almost $80 USD...

VU Sponsors