raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol
Guess that 10 wrap build wouldn't fit, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yea maybe half of that just might :D, if it was 2.5mm ID....
Its funny to see the Griffin is cheaper then the Crius in most places now and its a much much better product. This is why I blow up about the Griffin, people get excited over things that are complete shit and defend them until they are blue in the face to justify buying them, I bought almost every RTA just to find what worked and after finding the Griffin and how well made and designed it is, how well machined and how cheap it is I find its one of the only RTAs that is worth advertising and spreading the word about....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The crius is more colorful that's why raymo2u

Vape On
Fuck that Crius...Maybe Fasttech Version are more colorful...The Griffin Comes in Black and SS...the only color missing is white..Paint it if needed.:D

Im using Target Tank O-Rings (Bright Orange) on my Griffin right now

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck that Crius...Maybe Fasttech Version are more colorful...The Griffin Comes in Black and SS...the only color missing is white..Paint it if needed.:D

Im using Target Tank O-Rings (Bright Orange) on my Griffin right now
Pics??

Vape On

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question for everyone, a poll even: If you have a SS Griffin - does it have both the Griffin and the name "Griffin" on the chimney barrel?

My black one has both, my SS one only has the picture of the Griffin and a naked back. Never thought anything of it til I watched Rip's video today and saw his had the word on the opposite side. So I go looking around and it's like, most of the pictures I see have only the griffin symbol and there's a few that have both - different runs maybe? Just wondering.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That tank looks empty???? U been dripping?

Vape On
I cleaned it out so the pic could actually show the rings for you.
Quick question for everyone, a poll even: If you have a SS Griffin - does it have both the Griffin and the name "Griffin" on the chimney barrel?

My black one has both, my SS one only has the picture of the Griffin and a naked back. Never thought anything of it til I watched Rip's video today and saw his had the word on the opposite side. So I go looking around and it's like, most of the pictures I see have only the griffin symbol and there's a few that have both - different runs maybe? Just wondering.
No only the Reviewer Tanks have the Signature on the Barrels on the SS version, the Black Version has the Signature on it for everyone.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone actually measured their coils to see how big they are? I noticed on the Geekvape specs it says 6mm, but I assume that's just from post to post not counting the additional 2mm of hole. If someone doesn't mind pulling out a ruler or some calipers I'd appreciate it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone actually measured their coils to see how big they are? I noticed on the Geekvape specs it says 6mm, but I assume that's just from post to post not counting the additional 2mm of hole. If someone doesn't mind pulling out a ruler or some calipers I'd appreciate it.
I think they meant 3mm x2 is 6mm
DUAL COILS

Vape On

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My SS one only has a pic of a griffin on one side - nothing on the back.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think they meant 3mm x2 is 6mm
DUAL COILS

Vape On
Where are you getting the 3mm from? Below is what I'm referencing. Wondering how many wraps I'll be able to do with the wire I have already or if I should be investing in some other sizes.

deck1-770x370.png

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my bad, it really depends how big ur ID is huh raymo2u

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where are you getting the 3mm from? Below is what I'm referencing. Wondering how many wraps I'll be able to do with the wire I have already or if I should be investing in some other sizes.

deck1-770x370.png
You can build out as far as the post edges as long as they dont touch the chamber, a 3.5mm ID coil with a Single wire like 22g can be almost 1 wraps without touching, I dont have calipers to get a perfect measurement.

The build space is bigger then a Velocity RDA's and that fits some of the biggest coils anything can.
Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg

You never said whether its the Haze RTA or RDA you had...either way a 3/4 post RTA/RDA will never have as much room as a well spaced 2 post RDA/RTA so I would imagine it will have much more room due to just this fact.

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can build out as far as the post edges as long as they dont touch the chamber, a 3.5mm ID coil with a Single wire like 22g can be almost 1 wraps without touching, I dont have calipers to get a perfect measurement.

The build space is bigger then a Velocity RDA's and that fits some of the biggest coils anything can.
View attachment 40021 View attachment 40022

You never said whether its the Haze RTA or RDA you had...either way a 3/4 post RTA/RDA will never have as much room as a well spaced 2 post RDA/RTA so I would imagine it will have much more room due to just this fact.
It's the RTA and yeah my only complaint about the Haze is the post configuration and the limitation on coilsize. The velocity deck design in general would obviously allow more room. So I'm just confused by the specs they showed and curious what the actual length of the coils people are using come out to be? Even a rough estimate eyeballing it near a ruler would be fine. I just saw the 6mm, measured my coil in the haze to 7mm, and went "wait wtf something's wrong here" and I'm curious exactly how much more room I'm going to have

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's the RTA and yeah my only complaint about the Haze is the post configuration and the limitation on coilsize. The velocity deck design in general would obviously allow more room. So I'm just confused by the specs they showed and curious what the actual length of the coils people are using come out to be? Even a rough estimate eyeballing it near a ruler would be fine. I just saw the 6mm, measured my coil in the haze to 7mm, and went "wait wtf something's wrong here" and I'm curious exactly how much more room I'm going to have
Well my Fused Clapton build wouldnt fit in anything but my Griffin...and I own ALOT of "builder rda's, the one RDA that is close in space is the PhenotypeL. Think that but in a RTA, thats the Griffin but with taller posts and less airflow.
The 6mm is from the closest surface of each post across from each other in the pic, that leaves atleast 8mm from hole to hole and you can build atleast 4-5mm past those and still have them fit, also your coil girth can be much larger. Those Chainlinks Philly posted are atleast 4mm ID...Thats impressive for ANYTHING to have those fit....let alone a 22mm RTA.
Ill get a ruler and take a snapshot of my largest Ive made to use, they dont take all the room up but I may make one just for that purpose tomorrow for you...stay tuned!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same here... Just the emblem on the stainless.. The word Griffin on the black, and a emblem...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here is the build I made so far, just a single coil tonight but I havent prepped and installed it but pushing the leads through the Griffin and putting the cap over it it fits already, barely but space will improve with pinching and fitting..
I threw it in a Twisted Messes RDA to show how big it actually is and it barely fits in just the Negative Posts...The Macro Lens I have doesnt pick up the Details and Shine very well..
2 x 22K/30K Flattened and Polished Cat Track (6 Wrap/3.5mm ID)
20160201_204102.jpg 20160201_204205.jpg 20160201_203932.jpg

Attachments

• 20160201_203925.jpg
    20160201_203925.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the build I made so far, just a single coil tonight but I havent prepped and installed it but pushing the leads through the Griffin and putting the cap over it it fits already, barely but space will improve with pinching and fitting..
I threw it in a Twisted Messes RDA to show how big it actually is and it barely fits in just the Negative Posts...The Macro Lens I have doesnt pick up the Details and Shine very well..
2 x 22K/30K Flattened and Polished Cat Track
View attachment 40038 View attachment 40039 View attachment 40040
DAYMN dude that's huge

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
DAYMN dude that's huge

Vape On
I know, Ill take pics of it in the Griffin tomorrow but I wanted everyone that doesnt have one to get a grasp on how big the Griffin can go. This is only a 3.5mm ID also, I could've gone with a 4-4.5mm but I wanted a little bit of clearance for more wraps...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Jerus will you beleive me now? I just posed the Cat Track build on top of the Alien build Im using and there still room. Most RTAs could barely fit the Aliens...Took a pic to show the leads would fit perfect also and then pics for size referencing (couldnt find something to measure with), so I used a Quarter which the Coil takes up about half of it, now to find out what a of the radius of a Quarter is...

Keep in mind the Twisted Messes RDA it barely fit just using the Negative Posts....My Griffin is already Loaded with Aliens with 3.5mm ID and this build is on top of it...
20160201_213839.jpg 20160201_213806.jpg 20160201_214155.jpg 20160201_214145.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn, I gotta get some money together and get me one of these!
Best part is the Authentic Griffin RTA is cheaper then most other Authentic and some clone RTA's out there...Its more then a Steal, its a Gift to us.

My next Griffin will have a Quad Clapton Build in it with no less then 3mm ID each coil and 5-6 Wraps each. Maybe some 22K/36N80. This should be an experience of another kind....

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Best part is the Authentic Griffin RTA is cheaper then most other Authentic and some clone RTA's out there...Its more then a Steal, its a Gift to us.
Too bad the vape budget is already gone at least until next payday, maybe longer. :(

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Too bad the vape budget is already gone at least until next payday, maybe longer. :(
If the IRS would give me my god damn taxes back I would glady send you the money for it...you can call them and bitch at them for me if you'd like :D
Im buying atleast 2 more of these in Black and Grabbing VaporCarps VCMT and grabbing another Black version when the other one arrives....I want a VCMT and Griffin for almost every type of build...Fused Claptons, Quads, Staples, maybe some of my crazier wires also...Also grabbing 2 Hohm Wrecker G2's to add to good mods that will fire my builds at high wattages and has true Kanthal TC, Ive used it and I loved it.
I may need another Tax Return or 2 to fit all my wants this year....I know my first is gone before it gets here and Im getting almost 10 grand back.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If the IRS would give me my god damn taxes back I would glady send you the money for it...you can call them and bitch at them for me if you'd like :D
Im buying atleast 2 more of these in Black and Grabbing VaporCarps VCMT and grabbing another Black version when the other one arrives....I want a VCMT and Griffin for almost every type of build...Fused Claptons, Quads, Staples, maybe some of my crazier wires also...Also grabbing 2 Hohm Wrecker G2's to add to good mods that will fire my builds at high wattages and has true Kanthal TC, Ive used it and I loved it.
I may need another Tax Return or 2 to fit all my wants this year....I know my first is gone before it gets here and Im getting almost 10 grand back.
IRS is a dirty word for me. I owe them money!:mad:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
IRS is a dirty word for me. I owe them money!:mad:
Well 2-3 years ago when all those Welfare workers went on strike for 3 months I was expecting a shit ton of refund and so was my ex...around 22K combined we were waiting for. Due to the Strike they started to reach out for information on debts and other expenses unpaid. The Ex and I barely made out with $1,700 because FMS took out medical bills and things like that. That was a very depressive year for me. I swore next time workers go on strike and shit happens to my money and happiness Ill be in the papers with a tally of workers taken out.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know how fast my Vape budget goes too, lol
I got my stainless Griffin from VapeNW for like $25 last week.. I just looked and now they are now out of stock..but I will say this was my first velocity style RTA and I followed @raymo advise on how to wick it...Its amazing how easy it was, and even more impressed on how it vapes..simply awesome man, lol
Get one! You won't regret it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know how fast my Vape budget goes too, lol
I got my stainless Griffin from VapeNW for like $25 last week.. I just looked and now they are now out of stock..but I will say this was my first velocity style RTA and I followed @raymo advise on how to wick it...Its amazing how easy it was, and even more impressed on how it vapes..simply awesome man, lol
Get one! You won't regret it
I saw on RIP Tripper's video today, even with a normal 24g micro coil the thing puts out, even at 30-50w...I was pretty blown away. The wicking really couldnt get easier, cut to the top of the ring and tuck the cotton into the ring and your done...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin is in stock here and they ship in less then 24 hours, but its $35..
I paid $38 when it first came out and Im glad I did as soon as I could...Its worth atleast twice its cost.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I paid $38 when it first came out and Im glad I did as soon as I could...Its worth atleast twice its cost.
I guess I got mine at a steal..only $24.99!
Now VapeNW has them listed for $25.99 but currently out of stock..I have two and that's enough for now..(only have two RX200 mods)
I watched that video..ol'Rip seemed pleased with it, lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I guess I got mine at a steal..only $24.99!
Now VapeNW has them listed for $25.99 but currently out of stock..I have two and that's enough for now..(only have two RX200 mods)
I watched that video..ol'Rip seemed pleased with it, lol

Everyone that has reviewed it has said its their favorite RTA to date...I agree with them

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
DAYMN vaporCarp are you ready to VAPE 100 watts?

Vape On
He may need more like 130w+ to get them warm...They like between 130w-200w. Ive already let him know they are power hungry coils but the vape off a Cat Track is a different experience. I got 2nd in a Cloud Comp with a Tube and one of my Cat Track Variants..

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
https://www.vapingwalrus.com/black-griffin-rta-sub-ohm-tank-velocity-deck-by-geekvape

Just got my Avocado (and a couple other goodies) from these guys, free shipping at $30 for Griffin (any mod/atomizer is free shipping from these guys).

Throwing it out there for people still looking. I'm awfully tempted to get the Griffin, but not yet.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Theres a Griffin Clone for 13.99 on FocalCig....just dont expect them same quality.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Who's going to be the $14 poorer guinea pig? :D

VU Sponsors