Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been lurking in this thread a couple days. I just ordered a Black Griffin last week, mainly because I ordered a Vaporflask Classic and the Griffin is 22mm and will look better on the Vaporflask than my 23mm Aromamizer. I have to say after reading this thread I'm really glad I ordered it. Now just to wait for it and the Vaporflask to get here.
You're gonna love the Griffin..I liked my bkack one so much I got the stainless a week later
6107b2806dc3bd9a1826377f513f1909.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're gonna love the Griffin..I liked my bkack one so much I got the stainless a week later
6107b2806dc3bd9a1826377f513f1909.jpg

Nice! I ordered the black one because the VaporFlask I ordered is Black. I'm really looking forward to getting it, USPS has it delivering Tuesday but I'm going that this will be one of those times they're wrong and I get it tomorrow lol.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I ordered the black one because the VaporFlask I ordered is Black. I'm really looking forward to getting it, USPS has it delivering Tuesday but I'm going that this will be one of those times they're wrong and I get it tomorrow lol.
If you don't mind me asking who did you order it from?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been lurking in this thread a couple days. I just ordered a Black Griffin last week, mainly because I ordered a Vaporflask Classic and the Griffin is 22mm and will look better on the Vaporflask than my 23mm Aromamizer. I have to say after reading this thread I'm really glad I ordered it. Now just to wait for it and the Vaporflask to get here.
Better not build lower then .2 unless you want it to be restricted under 100w...same 25A Output Limit as the Cuboid. Its why I didnt order that flask.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill take your Avacado:D
Not happening... after typing that I headed off to run some errands, and was trying to think of why it isn't wicking like the Haze. It dawned on me pretty quickly, it doesn't have a juice fill hole like the Haze. That hole doesn't just allow you to fill but also acts as a depressurizing hole. Standard tanks rely on that "vacuum" but with theses Genesis style tanks it's a hinderence. So I removed one of the o-rings on the single coil offside cap thingy and now it's working like a charm. When I get the time I may modify the thing to be more like the Haze but until then this is working fine.

They should do well, there are many threads of people using SS Claptons and more with tC and power and they said its working well.

Those coils fit and Im sure there is still atleast 4mm all the way around the coils...:D
Usually for spaced coil in tc mode, i dont dry burn. I only dry burn for contact coil in power mode. Should i be dry burning my contact ss claptons for tc to make sure they firing up nicely together?

Whats the max id coils you guys tried on the griffin?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually for spaced coil in tc mode, i dont dry burn. I only dry burn for contact coil in power mode. Should i be dry burning my contact ss claptons for tc to make sure they firing up nicely together?

Whats the max id coils you guys tried on the griffin?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
I dry burn SS all the time, so you don't have to worry about it melting or something like that unless you go way too far (just get it to glow and stop, maybe pulse that a couple times). So it's perfectly fine to do it, I'm not sure if it would have any effect on TC because I don't use that, just power.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Better not build lower then .2 unless you want it to be restricted under 100w...same 25A Output Limit as the Cuboid. Its why I didnt order that flask.

I never vape that high to be honest. My happy place is between 50 and 75 watts depending on the juice.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I never vape that high to be honest. My happy place is between 50 and 75 watts depending on the juice.
What Im saying is there is a 25A Limit, with a .1 Ohm build you wont even get 60w
If you build over .14 Ohms then you will get atleast 70w Max and better as your resistance gets higher.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The reason I wanted the Flask is it fits in the back pocket nicely tbh. That and it has the same board as the Reuleaux and I don't think I've heard a bad thing about that device. The only reason I didn't go that route is the size.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What Im saying is there is a 25A Limit, with a .1 Ohm build you wont even get 60w
If you build over .14 Ohms then you will get atleast 70w Max and better as your resistance gets higher.

My builds are usually between .2 and .45 so I should be fine.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My builds are usually between .2 and .45 so I should be fine.
Then it should work perfectly for you, I figured I would warn you..nobody warned me before I bought the cuboid and I would of rather of bought something that didnt limit me, most of my builds seem anemic with what the max is...
When my wires get here maybe I will shoot for a Fused Clapton or Staple build and try and get it up to the .2 Mark, if I can I may enjoy the Cuboid more....possibly get the flask, maaaybe...

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then it should work perfectly for you, I figured I would warn you..nobody warned me before I bought the cuboid and I would of rather of bought something that didnt limit me, most of my builds seem anemic with what the max is...
When my wires get here maybe I will shoot for a Fused Clapton or Staple build and try and get it up to the .2 Mark, if I can I may enjoy the Cuboid more....possibly get the flask, maaaybe...

I saw in earlier posts you like those High Wattage, Super Sub Ohm builds. I can't do it lol. The vape would be too warm for my personal tastes. I know a lot of people prefer a really warm vape but it's just not for me.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Raymo, you linked a place to buy replacement grub screws the other day but I'm lazy and after spending 2 minutes searching I figured I'd just ask if you had that link handy still?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo, you linked a place to buy replacement grub screws the other day but I'm lazy and after spending 2 minutes searching I figured I'd just ask if you had that link handy still?
Here ya go...lazy ass LINK :D and another LINK (US Seller!!)
My black griffin, wire, and juice should be here Monday or Tuesday!

BTW I am going to be attempting at making some staple builds at a high enough resistance to be used with the Cuboid/Flask and not be anemic when used...This will be the best flavor build for the Griffin and I will be able to atleast use my setup and be happy with it!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw in earlier posts you like those High Wattage, Super Sub Ohm builds. I can't do it lol. The vape would be too warm for my personal tastes. I know a lot of people prefer a really warm vape but it's just not for me.
I'm with you there! I can't vape those high wattages either, lol
45bb238e99caddd9ea81a1834b651f6c.jpg
But this 10 wrap of 24g Nichrome on a 3mm bit fits easily in the Griffin
1b1c0fb87341e171afbe0a60295c3617.jpg
I had been vaping that build for about 5 days, no dry hits and really impressed how well a simple 24g build vapes at 65w or so..it's a good vape, not too warm and not too cool..just right! Lol

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks (yes I am), and nice, should be getting my Griffin Tuesday/Wednesday. Just depends on if they ship it out Monday or Tuesday.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had been vaping that build for about 5 days, no dry hits and really impressed how well a simple 24g build vapes at 65w or so..it's a good vape, not too warm and not too cool..just right! Lol

Clean ur coils dude

Vape On

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Was going to ask if anyone tried a 3mm build in there. I was thinking of trying 3mm Claptons in it when I get it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw some people building vertical coils in the griffin a few pages back. How'd that turn out, looking at the airflow setup it seems to me horizontal would be that best way to mount the coil in that RTA.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was going to ask if anyone tried a 3mm build in there. I was thinking of trying 3mm Claptons in it when I get it tomorrow or Tuesday.
@raymo should be able to answer that for you..but I think 3mm Clapton's will fit just fine.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
4.5mm Claptons will fit, If you keep them between the posts.
I dont build smaller then 3mm in the Griffin...These are 3.5mm ID and they dont take up nearly as much room as I like..
Griffin Alien Build.jpg Griffin Alien Build .jpg

If your making normal 26g/32g Claptons you should be able to fit atleast 8 Wraps in with 3.5mm ID

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4.5mm Claptons will fit, If you keep them between the posts.
I dont build smaller then 3mm in the Griffin...These are 3.5mm ID and they dont take up nearly as much room as I like..
View attachment 40617 View attachment 40618

If your making normal 26g/32g Claptons you should be able to fit atleast 8 Wraps in with 3.5mm ID

Thanks for the info that's exactly what I was wondering.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the info that's exactly what I was wondering.
Griffin is a BEAST, she can holds bigger coils then most 22mm RDA's and ALL 22mm RTA's and does so with extra room. If you can fit it in a Twisted Messes RDA then you will not have an Issue with fitment in the Griffin. Most of the builds I use in the Griffin would never fit in any RDA I have besides the 24mm Kennedy.

Warning Label!
9d05583b712afdf094287255866afc4d.png

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Griffin is a BEAST, she can holds bigger coils then most 22mm RDA's and ALL 22mm RTA's and does so with extra room. If you can fit it in a Twisted Messes RDA then you will not have an Issue with fitment in the Griffin. Most of the builds I use in the Griffin would never fit in any RDA I have besides the 24mm Kennedy.

Warning Label!
9d05583b712afdf094287255866afc4d.png

That's impressive. I see you have an Aromamizer too, which produces the best flavor?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's impressive. I see you have an Aromamizer too, which produces the best flavor?
Griffin does, the Aromamizer I found to be complete garbage. The Crius has decent flavor but I would get a dryhit here and there even when my wicking was perfect and it has alot of other issues. I have yet to fault the Griffin and I havent found anything that I would consider a flaw in design. It is everything you would want in a RTA and then some.

If you not getting the flavor you want from the Griffin you can build bigger and lower and raise your wattage. The Aromamizer and Crius you are limited with build room and they are restricted in comparison for airflow and juice flow, you get what you got with whatever you can fit and going higher in wattage results in dry hits. Ive built around 20 different types of builds in the Aromamizer and Crius and none of them performed as well as I would expected them to, none of them were really satisfying and i have yet to see real proof that they provide anyone with great results, I have heard people say it but it doesnt seem that way when they are using it around me.
Even modding those RTA's didnt help much...I have yet to even think of modding the Griffin as it was designed right from the get-go....If you are skeptical read over the thread or looks elsewhere, there arent many "My Griffin Sucks" threads or posts and the ones that had issues t was only due to their wicking and was fixed afterwards...Ho many threads and post do you see about complaints about ANY other RTA? That itself should prove enough to anyone the Griffin is one of the least problematic RTA's on the Market.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Griffin does, the Aromamizer I found to be complete garbage. The Crius has decent flavor but I would get a dryhit here and there even when my wicking was perfect and it has alot of other issues. I have yet to fault the Griffin and I havent found anything that I would consider a flaw in design. It is everything you would want in a RTA and then some.

If you not getting the flavor you want from the Griffin you can build bigger and lower and raise your wattage. The Aromamizer and Crius you are limited with build room and they are restricted in comparison for airflow and juice flow, you get what you got with whatever you can fit and going higher in wattage results in dry hits. Ive built around 20 different types of builds in the Aromamizer and Crius and none of them performed as well as I would expected them to, none of them were really satisfying and i have yet to see real proof that they provide anyone with great results, I have heard people say it but it doesnt seem that way when they are using it around me.
Even modding those RTA's didnt help much...I have yet to even think of modding the Griffin as it was designed right from the get-go....If you are skeptical read over the thread or looks elsewhere, there arent many "My Griffin Sucks" threads or posts and the ones that had issues t was only due to their wicking and was fixed afterwards...Ho many threads and post do you see about complaints about ANY other RTA? That itself should prove enough to anyone the Griffin is one of the least problematic RTA's on the Market.

I like my Aromamizer flavor so it sounds like the Griffin is going to be a very welcome addition to my arsenal. I don't have a Crius so I won't be able to make that comparison.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like my Aromamizer flavor so it sounds like the Griffin is going to be a very welcome addition to my arsenal. I don't have a Crius so I won't be able to make that comparison.
Heres a Pic Comparison of the Aromamizer, the Crius, the Velocity RDA, and the Griffin:
Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg Griffin Comparison  .jpg Griffin Comparison   .jpg

Griffin vs Mutation MT RTA:
Griffin vx MT .jpg Griffin vx MT.jpg

And in the previous page of this thread I did a VCMT 25mm Vs Griffin Comparison...The Griffin is a 22mm RTA and competes far beyond its size and weight. If you buy it and it doesnt suit you then your doing something wrong, which I can help fix. :D

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed 100% I love my Griffin RTA's ....actually my first RTA with a velocity style deck.. might be the best thing ever for me not having to buy replacement coils for the tfv4 and Crown subtanks anymore...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed 100% I love my Griffin RTA's ....actually my first RTA with a velocity style deck.. might be the best thing ever for me not having to buy replacement coils for the tfv4 and Crown subtanks anymore...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

After building on a Velocity Style Deck I'm not sure I can go back lol.

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heres a Pic Comparison of the Aromamizer, the Crius, the Velocity RDA, and the Griffin:
View attachment 40624 View attachment 40623 View attachment 40622 View attachment 40621

Griffin vs Mutation MT RTA:
View attachment 40625 View attachment 40626

And in the previous page of this thread I did a VCMT 25mm Vs Griffin Comparison...The Griffin is a 22mm RTA and competes far beyond its size and weight. If you buy it and it doesnt suit you then your doing something wrong, which I can help fix. :D

I have to ask. What batteries are you running? Running that high wattage and Super Sub Ohm?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have to ask. What batteries are you running? Running that high wattage and Super Sub Ohm?
Samsung 25R's, LG HE2/4's, HB2's, and HB6's Mainly....

Just made a new build for the VCMT...just trying to get around .2 for the Cuboid...Its funny that the Griffin holds bigger coils then the 25mm tank it competes with, most think it holds bigger coils but it does not. I can fit 4.5mm ID coils in the Griffin, I had to shrink the Claptons I made for the VCMT to 3mm for them to fit without hitting the cap. I got it built up and nice.

22K-A1/30K-D Claptons (6 Wraps/3mm ID) in Dripper Mode:
20160207_173601.jpg 20160207_173616.jpg 20160207_173708.jpg 20160207_173722.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything on my Griffin is super smooth except I find the AFC ring is too smooth and can easily be moved around by the slightest touch...Ill be fixing that with some uber thin wire tomorrow though. Threads are all smooth and clean, the top that threads on is a pain sometimes to find the threads but when I do it goes on easily
MMMMM mine the AFC is perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nothing better then using a juice no one else has tried (Key Lime Pie by VVV) in a great flavor build (Staged Aliens 5/4 Wraps/4mm ID) in the griffin @ 122.5w ! ;):D

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing better then using a juice no one else has tried (Key Lime Pie by VVV) in a great flavor build (Staged Aliens 5/4 Wraps/4mm ID) in the griffin @ 122.5w ! ;):D

I just got some juice in from Velvet Cloud, I'm vaping the sample they sent and it's delicious.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you must tell me how it is!!! I'm tempted to put an order in and beg him for some in the notes :oops:

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VVV is VerdeValleyVapes, never tried Velvet Cloud...

Was getting ready to ask you who VVV was. This is my first order from Velvet Cloud, they had a Sour Skittles flavor I wanted to try. I'm letting that steep for awhile but this Melonamenon Sample they sent is really good.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VELVET CLOUD 100% organic from SFO they have 25%off right now VALENTINES DAY SALE
VDAY25

Vape On

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was getting ready to ask you who VVV was. This is my first order from Velvet Cloud, they had a Sour Skittles flavor I wanted to try. I'm letting that steep for awhile but this Melonamenon Sample they sent is really good.
My favorite juices and they don't bend you over on pricing (my orders end up coming out to <$0.10 a ml, that includes shipping). More mellow on flavor, but it's still there and with these builds and devices now there's no need for a super strong flavor, or at least IMO it's quite sickening.

Anyways I bought some juice from vapingwalrus with my last order, "lime skittles" takes just like it but not overly sweet, pretty good stuff, so tacked some more on with my Griffin order. I like Lime, and now V³ is getting keylime!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still don't know
HOW THE HELL U VAPE 125 watts.. Damn Ray
Seriously

Vape On

VU Sponsors