Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am patiently waiting for my 2nd Black Griffin to arrive today...Im going to be tossing in some Frame Staple Aliens in it soon afterwards. It should be pure deliciousness with a taste of the function(Unbox Therapy Joke):D
What the heck kind of coil is a Frame Staple Alien?? Who names these coils, you? Lolol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How can you not VAPE for flAvor?? @Break-19 you are what we call NICOTINE CHASER..wow
@raymo2u you need a MECH MOD seriously...

Vape On
Yep, I vape for the nic hit to stay completely tobacco free..its why I chose to vape in the first place, and so far I havn't had the urge to smoke a cancer stick in over three yrs..its the nic hit man, the nic hit! And the thick, fluffy white, clouds too, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I vape for the nic hit to stay completely tobacco free..its why I chose to vape in the first place, and so far I havn't had the urge to smoke a cancer stick in over three yrs..its the nic hit man, the nic hit! And the thick, fluffy white, clouds too, lol

What nic mg are you bro? Man I wish I was the same way, so I can just buy VVV and not care about flavor
Oops sorry... I'm just saying..

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well along with my Black Griffin that arrived today my Authentic Black Diablo RTA also arrived....I threw a Staple build and wicked it and have been enjoying it so far...It has about 2/3's the usable area as the Griffin does but its much shorter and just as easy to wick and fill. IT DOES NOT HAVE ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW, to those that would like it. It is a quality RTA though and with a .24 Staple build its pretty damn tasty. Its very airy and loose but its still pretty warm and vapor is dense due to its short stature. Ill have pics up soon, I also got a DLSR camera and just getting used to it, still havent figured out how to make a decent looking Macro shot yet with it so Ill use my Galaxy S3 for those...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What nic mg are you bro? Man I wish I was the same way, so I can just buy VVV and not care about flavor
Oops sorry... I'm just saying..

Vape On
I've dropped down to 5 mg in my tanks like the TFV4 ..2.5 mgs dripping and in the Griffin RTA...three deep lung hits on the Griff and I'm good...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Actually Im barely pushing 75w...Its warm enough for me right now but Im sure by tonight Ill have it in the mid 80's. Stuck a Trinity Copa Tip Hank sent me the other day....Ive been crazy busy the last few days so I havent got to try everything Ive received or review and compare everything and the next week or 2 will get even crazier. Im expecting a new Alienware M14X I7 Extreme for my Hobby activities so Ill also have to get used to using that also....

Here's the Diablo on my Cuboid:
20160212_120152.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ec1a663c40f8b7df591a827f254a6153.jpg

I have to say though, the MUTANK RDTA is the shit, built on it last night for the first time, MAN OH MAN just like my MTANK no dry hits, but!! It's not as easy like the Griffin when it comes to wicking, MUTANKS are horrible if you don't know what you doing, but if you do CLOUDZZZ bro, FLAVOR BRO.
THE GTANK is still NO.1 but it doesn't deserve another 1...TGIF peeps

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hate my MT Tank....and yes I know how to build and wick..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
13193b7128b331b1a333de3e9f766fc0.jpg

MY RANKING
SMOK THE LEAST FAVORITE!!!
Not related to this thread,
FROM DRIPPING TO TANKING...
Wassup peeps...

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im not going to bother posting my dialy rotation..it would make yours cry :D

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well along with my Black Griffin that arrived today my Authentic Black Diablo RTA also arrived....I threw a Staple build and wicked it and have been enjoying it so far...It has about 2/3's the usable area as the Griffin does but its much shorter and just as easy to wick and fill. IT DOES NOT HAVE ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW, to those that would like it. It is a quality RTA though and with a .24 Staple build its pretty damn tasty. Its very airy and loose but its still pretty warm and vapor is dense due to its short stature. Ill have pics up soon, I also got a DLSR camera and just getting used to it, still havent figured out how to make a decent looking Macro shot yet with it so Ill use my Galaxy S3 for those...
I've got a clone of that guy on it's way to me. I did not notice the lack of adjustable airflow, thanks for the head's up.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I just ordered one of these and don't feel like going through 55 pages. What's the low down on these build wise, what builds have worked best for flavor?

Clapton wire or just regular. I do have a temp control for nickel but no sure if I want to go temp control or not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I just ordered one of these and don't feel like going through 55 pages. What's the low down on these build wise, what builds have worked best for flavor?

Clapton wire or just regular. I do have a temp control for nickel but no sure if I want to go temp control or not.

9205cd13f9847552ace982beaa8b4cb8.jpg
I got a simple 24g Nichrome build in mine
b844aefdf5e31d15c5aa605c04cf93bc.jpg
After vaping 5O mls of VG max cotton still wicked great..good clouds and flavor in power mode at 65w...I got some .5 ohm Clapton coils coming..supposed to improve clouds and flavor, but this build will be hard to beat..I shall find out in a few days... Lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You can run any standard 3mm coil in it. Not sure of 3.5s or 4s

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9205cd13f9847552ace982beaa8b4cb8.jpg
I got a simple 24g Nichrome build in mine
b844aefdf5e31d15c5aa605c04cf93bc.jpg
After vaping 5O mls of VG max cotton still wicked great..good clouds and flavor in power mode at 65w...I got some .5 ohm Clapton coils coming..supposed to improve clouds and flavor, but this build will be hard to beat..I shall find out in a few days... Lol

Clean ur coils... Bro

Vape On

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Think of it like an RDA, whatever is best there is likely to be best on the Griffin. I got some Fused Claptons in mine and it's quite nice running .22Ω. More surface area more vapor more flavor. For a simple build maybe just some Parallels or Twisted, or better yet a zipper coil (just twisted in parallel but reverse directions).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You like VAPING the gunk bro? Come on now

Vape On
Dude you ASSUME alot..I fire up those coils and make minor adjustments while rhey are still red hot...there is no gunk at all when I install new wicks..besides, I don't vape dark, sugary
juices that gunks up coils in the first place...mind your own gunked up coils, dude....lololol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude you ASSUME alot..I fire up those coils and make minor adjustments while rhey are still red hot...there is no gunk at all when I install new wicks..besides, I don't vape dark, sugary
juices that gunks up coils in the first place...mind your own gunked up coils, dude....lololol

I only comment on what I see man,
Post some new shit...

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think mine are atleast 3x' more gunk'd up before I burn and rewick them....Cant even make out the coils half the time...
How long before you re coil?
Just did mine last night!!

Vape On

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hate my MT Tank....and yes I know how to build and wick..

Interesting. If the Mt tank had a better screw system, I'd still be rocking it. Flavor and vapor are top notch to me from that tank.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think of it like an RDA, whatever is best there is likely to be best on the Griffin. I got some Fused Claptons in mine and it's quite nice running .22Ω. More surface area more vapor more flavor. For a simple build maybe just some Parallels or Twisted, or better yet a zipper coil (just twisted in parallel but reverse directions).

Hows the wattage with flavor on this thing?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hows the wattage with flavor on this thing?
The Fused Clapton I'm running at 90-100w (if I wick it right 100w+, if I don't I max at 90w). Outside RDA's and the Genesis Style RTAs (which are basically drippers with bigger juice wells) the flavor has no comparison I've experienced.

And, I also have coils that look far more gunked than that even after dry firing for cleaning. Still work better than fresh coils :p

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You hated it cuz it doesn't satisfy ur VAPING style. 120 watts no way on the MTANK, MTANK is good around 50-60 watts..

Vape On
I didnt lke its small deck size and build room value...It was advertised as a large deck RTA, I feel its a Goblin Mini with Topfill and a taller size...If the chamber and deck were larger I would agree its a decent device but being that your limited to tiny builds its not what I would call a builders rta....
Its not the tank I didnt like, its the way it was advertised and marketed as, if they didnt make those claims I wouldnt have an issue with it. Its like saying the Kanger Subtank Nano is a TFV4...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Favorites Line up for now...waiting for all my mail to arrive and then there will be a few new products in it...
20160212_125218.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sometimes a few days, sometimes more then a week...I only change when I feel its time.
Man...

I change coils like a woman changes clothes.. Usually every three to four days... I enjoy the building process..

And with all the crazy in my life, the 20-45 minutes I can spend building up some metal into coils is much enjoyed relax time... Me time..

I don't think I've re-wicked a build in a long time..

Matt

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Griffin yesterday at a Tulsa B&M. There were only two left to be had in Tulsa. So I paid way to much on mine as a birthday present for myself.

I haven't put a build in it yet. Fit and finish is not as good as my Cthulhu V2. And Im really concerned about the fluid control. When you turn the tank for the fluid control it just spins around. There is no resistance! It just spins around. I swear you can spin it around fast enough to get a speed wobble out of the damn thing. There is no way this can be normal. It's also been very hard to disassemble. Still havent got the damn drip tip out of the cap.

Can one remove the build deck and adjust something in the base to firm up the fluid control tank rotation?

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't heard that problem before. Maybe you got a bad o ring somewhere. My juice flow is cannot be turned without holding the mod steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never had that problem either.
M juice control ring only turns when I need it to..It stays put too...

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a Griffin yesterday at a Tulsa B&M. There were only two left to be had in Tulsa. So I paid way to much on mine as a birthday present for myself.

I haven't put a build in it yet. Fit and finish is not as good as my Cthulhu V2. And Im really concerned about the fluid control. When you turn the tank for the fluid control it just spins around. There is no resistance! It just spins around. I swear you can spin it around fast enough to get a speed wobble out of the damn thing. There is no way this can be normal. It's also been very hard to disassemble. Still havent got the damn drip tip out of the cap.

Can one remove the build deck and adjust something in the base to firm up the fluid control tank rotation?
Dude, the juice control is loose but it doesn't spin by it self, you have to be patient with the tank, analyze it don't get too excited..I was frustrated when I first got mine... Watch some YT vids..
Make sure you juice the base, the top cap and base cuz it's tight...relax

Vape On

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's weird as hell. It's like there should be a O-ring between the AFC ring and the textured ring above it. The is no resistance like in the AFC ring. The whole bloody mess spins. And then the juice holes are out of alignment with the juice channels in the deck. Not out much. But I would have expected better.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's weird as hell. It's like there should be a O-ring between the AFC ring and the textured ring above it. The is no resistance like in the AFC ring. The whole bloody mess spins. And then the juice holes are out of alignment with the juice channels in the deck. Not out much. But I would have expected better.
Yes the juice control is not perfect but it works bro, you have to learn the tank, not all tanks are the same... I hated it at first, then I got the hang of it, no complaints, the juice control is something i wish they took away kinda like the Mtanks, but there's a lot of leaking if you don't know what I doing, it is what it is bro..

Vape On

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the vids I've seen concerning the Griffin the flow control seems to require a much firmer twist with a fare amount of resistance. If I put it on a mod and fake vape it. The tank / flow control moves around / turns.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would get that tank returned. Sounds like a dud to me...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to put an oring there bro, you have some in the box, sounds like you lost it when u wash the tank, that oring will give I the resistance

Vape On

VU Sponsors