Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need to put an oring there bro, you have some in the box, sounds like you lost it when u wash the tank, that oring will give I the resistance

Vape On

How do you get a o-ring between the afc and flow control ring? There is one on top of the flow control ring that seal up against the chimney.

I think this is a great opertunity to see how good there cust. service is..... :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you get a o-ring between the afc and flow control ring? There is one on top of the flow control ring that seal up against the chimney.

I think this is a great opertunity to see how good there cust. service is..... :)
Check ur o ring between the chimney and the glass... I had the same problem, replace the o ring

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mind your own coils Dude!
Man, the same shit gets old, Quick!!! Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I thought I would post the next time I changed my Cotton...The Griffins are worse but I didnt feel like doing that tonight along with the VCMT, I just did the VCMT for now...Got too much shit coming in tomorrow to worry about the stuff I have out now. Here's what my coils look like when I change them early, usually its just a straight black bar across and you cannot see any bumps for coils wraps...
22g/30g Meaty Claptons (6 Wrap/4.5mm ID) .21 Ohms)
20160215_230057.jpg

After Cleaned up:

20160215_230428.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didnt have the time so I paid CrazyChef to make some Alien Framed Staples for me...I know lazy...too much shit in to make anything today..
20160216_163202.jpg 20160216_163228.jpg 20160216_183555.jpg 20160216_183351.jpg

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my Griffin exchanged today for one the flow control works on. I look forward to getting a build in it and seeing how it does. :)

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my 2nd Griffin today!! Built out with 2x28N80/36K1 3mm dual fused claptons, came out to .30ohm on the nose. Flavor is insanely rich and vapor is thick. Is this not the greatest tank ever?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455672009.047352.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not even close. I'm at 65w right now and it's running great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok fellow griffin owners, mine just came in. What cleaning or prep have you done prior to building and trying out

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok fellow griffin owners, mine just came in. What cleaning or prep have you done prior to building and trying out
I looked it over, wiped it off like I were cleaning it after vaping for a while, then built and enjoyed. No oil taste or anything. There was a bit of coil at the top fill portion but not much anywhere else and just a simple tissue wipe down was enough for mine.

Deeper cleaning wouldn't hurt. Soak in some dish soap + Hot Water, maybe some strong clear vodka would of course do a more thorough job, just saying that I didn't need to.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take it apart and wash it..note where the o-rings are located for future reference..great RTA BTW!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take it apart and wash it..note where the o-rings are located for future reference..great RTA BTW!

YES, that's the only complaint I have about the griffin, it's so minor I'd not even mention it but worth noting in this case. The o-rings around the tank come out of their grooves pretty easily. They work fine, just don't stay in place.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did this for health and money savings the problem is I keep buying upgrades

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

We all did, When I first started I had a 510 Cig Styled Setup and jumped to the Nautilus Mini/Istick20w when they first came out and I swore I wouldnt buy anything ever again...

If you saw my whole collection now most people jaws would drop...Its the lifestyle of vaping, and I love the hobby end of it all. My last vape mail is bigger then most people collections here...

If you want a great setup that you really wouldnt need much else then grab a Griffin and a RX200 or Cuboid (If you like building above .2 Ohms) or grab a DNA200/Hohm Wrecker G2 if you really want to future proof yourself.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Welcome to the club :D

But, if you're anything like me the Griffin will cure the shiney-itis. My Haze did for months, but then the Griffin just looked too good to not get, glad I pulled the trigger.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually like the flavor of my cheap dripper, just too much especially when driving

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually like the flavor of my cheap dripper, just too much especially when driving

I hear ya, that's why I liked my Haze, it was like a single coil dripper build with much less hassle. The Griffin is only slightly muted flavor, I think you'll love it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya, that's why I liked my Haze, it was like a single coil dripper build with much less hassle. The Griffin is only slightly muted flavor, I think you'll love it.
Slightly muted, try using the 510 adapter, then update ur comment

Vape On

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just installed Clapton coils in mine and I must say the hype is real about the flavor. And clouds I would say are a little thicker than I expected but the flavor is off the charts. I blew a good cloud out the window at a stoplight and got a thumps up from a driver who held up his Griffin, smiling ear to ear, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin is a Dripper without Dripping and there isnt much better out there...I like to use the VCMTY in Kennedy Mode but the Griffin sure taste better without even dripping.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nothing Like Temp Control on a Kanthal/N80 Alien Framed Staple :D I am blown away from the Hohm Wrecker G2, Phil is dead wrong and if you watch his video he keeps repeatedly pulling off the Tank while its hot and reattaching it...That makes it lock a new resistance and then it wont be consistent or work correctly. Kanthal/N80 at 500°F/100w is amazing and anytime I forget to refill the tank all I got were wisps of vapor and then the vape dies off until I refill the tank or redrip...I no longer need to be attentive and can carelessly go on with my day :p
20160217_131008.jpg20160217_131040.jpg 20160217_131203.jpg

New DSLR takes some nice pics huh? I like how the color and lighting is similar to real time conditions and not overlit or washed out like on my other cameras...This is one of the reasons I posed it on the Alienware M14x, to show how well it captures everything...and to show off the Laptop :D

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing Like Temp Control on a Alien Framed Staple :D I am blown away from the Hohm Wrecker G2, Phil is dead wrong and if you watch his video he keeps repeatedly pulling off the Tank while its hot and reattaching it...That makes it lock a new resistance and then it wont be consistent or work correctly. Kanthal/N80 at 500°F/100w is amazing and anytime I forget to change the tank is wisps some vapor then dies off until I refill the tank or redrip...I no longer need to be attentive and can carelessly go on with my day :p
View attachment 41334View attachment 41336 View attachment 41335
Dude you disrespected the Griffin by putting that SMOK BAND!! come on now....

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dude you disrespected the Griffin by putting that SMOK BAND!! come on now....

Vape On
Ive already broke 2 Glasses...the band stays until I get my Black Tinted and Red Griffin Glass in.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive already broke 2 Glasses...the band stays until I get my Black Tinted and Red Griffin Glass in.
Hold on... What?? Tinted glass? Where did you get it?
And
How is is different VAPE WISE ???
TC kanthal vs power?

Vape On

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didnt have the time so I paid CrazyChef to make some Alien Framed Staples for me...I know lazy...too much shit in to make anything today..
View attachment 41281 View attachment 41280 View attachment 41282 View attachment 41279
Flip your juice control valve on your vcmt the other way around so the bar all the way across is on the top. It wicks better and prevents from not wicking if your juice gets low. Just a tip I found out after my 1000th wicking adventure with my vcmt.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hold on... What?? Tinted glass? Where did you get it?
And
How is is different VAPE WISE ???
TC kanthal vs power?

Vape On
Fasttech has them for 1-2 bucks for 2 colored glasses...
LINK HERE and there are other colors and pack sizes.
4222300-2.jpg

Flip your juice control valve on your vcmt the other way around so the bar all the way across is on the top. It wicks better and prevents from not wicking if your juice gets low. Just a tip I found out after my 1000th wicking adventure with my vcmt.

I didnt need to, I wicked it like I do the Griffin and now it wicks great, the flavor is still not as good though..
I cut my tips so they barely show coming from the port, kinda like hope you need to wick the Griffin and it doesnt leak or dryhit anymore. If I flip the ring it makes the port even smaller so I dont see how that would even help.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fasttech has them for 1-2 bucks for 2 colored glasses...

I didnt need to, I wicked it like I do the Griffin and now it wicks great, the flavor is still not as good though..
I cut my tips so they barely show coming from the port, kinda like hope you need to wick the Griffin and it doesnt leak or dryhit anymore. If I flip the ring it makes the port even smaller so I dont see how that would even help.
Because now it's wicking though the middle of your cotton not reaching the ends effectively. You fluff your ends and that's where the juice soaks up through the best. Just saying I had a flavor problem when I fists got it and that's cause your wicks and coils arnt as saturated as they should be. Once I did some serious tinkering every possible way I could. I found this works the best.
If you take a few pulls wicked like that you will notice only the front side of the cotton gets juiced well. That's cause its not effectively getting to the bottom of your wick and juicing the whole wick from front to back.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Because now it's wicking though the middle of your cotton not reaching the ends effectively. You fluff your ends and that's where the juice soaks up through the best. Just saying I had a flavor problem when I fists got it and that's cause your wicks and coils arnt as saturated as they should be. Once I did some serious tinkering every possible way I could. I found this works the best.

If its not hitting the tips the cotton is acting more like a wall then a sponge, this is why sponges are porous and absorbent-they have holes so the edges are everywhere and the pores hold liquid well. If your wicking is loose and the tips are where the juice is feeding it will be as absorbent as it can be, this is the reason I chose to wick as I did.
The reason yours wicks for you is probably due to your coils need needing as much juice as fast.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If its not hitting the tips the cotton is acting more like a wall then a sponge, this is why sponges are porous and absorbent-they have holes so the edges are everywhere and the pores hold liquid well. If your wicking is loose and the tips are where the juice is feeding it will be as absorbent as it can be, this is the reason I chose to wick as I did.
The reason yours wicks for you is probably due to your coils need needing as much juice as fast.
I'm running 2x26g n80 × 34g n80 fused Claptons 3mm I'd 10 wraps. Biggest coil I think you can fit.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm running 2x26g n80 × 34g n80 fused Claptons 3mm I'd 10 wraps. Biggest coil I think you can fit.

Just a millimeter from the cap in all directions here (Kennedy Mode for Pic)
22KA1/30KD (6 Wraps/3mm Id):
VCMT.jpg VCMT .jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slightly muted, try using the 510 adapter, then update ur comment

Vape On
Tried a few different drip tips, while the wide bore is nice I prefer the adapter and my Trinity Copa clone tip. Anyways when I say slightly I mean slightly. Same build in my Avocado and Griffin, the Avocado is a 10, and Griffin is a 9.5, where something like the TFV4 premades are a 4 or 5 and a good build on the RBAs maybe breaking a 6 (or at least my builds, I'd love to try Raymo's micro fused clapton builds on that thing).

I remember reading a long while back that height plays a part in flavor, I never really gave it much thought initially but the more products I've tried, I think it's true. Worth the sacrifice of a slight muting of flavor, hell fucking yeah. Like I said last time I commented on this, it's like using Greek Yogurt in a dip instead of Sour cream, it may not be quite as rich, but it's still delicious and well worth the tradeoffs.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tried a few different drip tips, while the wide bore is nice I prefer the adapter and my Trinity Copa clone tip. Anyways when I say slightly I mean slightly. Same build in my Avocado and Griffin, the Avocado is a 10, and Griffin is a 9.5, where something like the TFV4 premades are a 4 or 5 and a good build on the RBAs maybe breaking a 6 (or at least my builds, I'd love to try Raymo's micro fused clapton builds on that thing).

I remember reading a long while back that height plays a part in flavor, I never really gave it much thought initially but the more products I've tried, I think it's true. Worth the sacrifice of a slight muting of flavor, hell fucking yeah. Like I said last time I commented on this, it's like using Greek Yogurt in a dip instead of Sour cream, it may not be quite as rich, but it's still delicious and well worth the tradeoffs.

How bout some Micro Staple Coils?
Made some with the Fleet of Wire spools from yesterday..They have a better flavor profile then fused claptons and I have a set of these in my Mutation X4 Mini (Dual Coil, 4Ply .3 Ribbon/38N80 (5 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .24 Ohms)
20160217_141733.jpg 20160217_141738.jpg 20160217_141819.jpg 20160217_141723.jpg

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys are really making me want to build, I have to go back to work when I get home

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It happens...I was rocking electrical tape on mine until my Black Griffin arrived and I used the spare from that on my Silver Griffin...Thats why I ordered those colored glass from FT...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's annoying cuz I'm not home, I told my wife my tank broke, SHE JUST LOOK AT ME!!
Damnt she should understand I'm going to withdrawal !!! Fuck man fuck

Vape On

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's annoying cuz I'm not home, I told my wife my tank broke, SHE JUST LOOK AT ME!!
Damnt she should understand I'm going to withdrawals!!! Fuck man fuck

Vape On
Could drip juice into the chamber hole...use it like a real dripper for now....If you got juice on hand. This is one reason I buy more then one of something I like and usually take 2 setups with me everywhere...
My Out and About Vapes:
Hohm Wrecker G2/Griffin
Cuboid/Griffin
I usually hold one the entire time Im out and pocket the other in my coat, Im sure in the summer that will change but for now its fine.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damnt she should understand I'm going to withdrawal !!! Fuck man fuck

Vape On

Get rid of that wife quick. :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors