Become a Patron!

My new Griffin RTA (vs Crius)

Jolly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VELVET CLOUD 100% organic from SFO they have 25%off right now VALENTINES DAY SALE
VDAY25

Vape On

That's them and if all their flavors are as good as this Sample I'm hooked lmao.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
you must tell me how it is!!! I'm tempted to put an order in and beg him for some in the notes :oops:
I dont know what hes doing or if I was really supposed to try it out. We talked about it before when I sent him my favorite homebrew recipe...I am trying to get him to make it as part of his line (Not asking for anything in return). He told me the new flavors and I needed to try the new KLP but I didnt think he would send it to me..Its pretty good so far, I dont like Lime by itself but its damn good. Ill fill you in more when I type up a semi-review..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's them and if all their flavors are as good as this Sample I'm hooked lmao.
I was exclusively buying VCLOUD way before they started glasses.. Yup yummy all the way

Vape On

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm totally happy giving Mechsauce $15 for 100ml bottles lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll be getting some Tmaxx soon. I'm looking forward to that, from all I've heard about it

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Griffin went the wrong direction! They sent it 2 hours east instead of 2 hours south. I really hope it doesn't take a whole day going back west before it goes south, set as predicted Thursday. Arg 3 days of shipping to go 80mi.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's here!!!!, Now to finish this workday so I can get home and set it up. (decent amount of machine oil on it, but with how clean it looks I'm thankful for that, really pretty tank, wish I could get one without any logos/branding).

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, I like it. Dual fused Claptons 2X26gSS/40gK 3mm ID, .09Ω. Going to build a bit safer with some 26gK and give it another go later, but I was too anxious to give it a try.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know one dude that hates the Griffin I won't say but you know who u are, he loves his clearos

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wish Chinese New Year would hurry up and get over with...got a $600 FT order Im waiting to finish and a few others Im waiting to do because Im not ordering and it not leaving, Ive made sure it all was in stock and more before now so just waiting on the holiday to end...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish Chinese New Year would hurry up and get over with...got a $600 FT order Im waiting to finish and a few others Im waiting to do because Im not ordering and it not leaving, Ive made sure it all was in stock and more before now so just waiting on the holiday to end...
Since u playing hard to get with the cuboid

Vape On

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havent seen anyone be let down by the Griffin yet...The ones that were didnt really have a reason other than they suck at wicking and didnt even bother to try it the right way.
I will say I still like the flavor on the Genesis style RTA's better, but the Griffin is acting like my TFV4 but with a whole lot better flavor. Like a step down in flavor from my Haze/Avocado, but a step up on the vapor production, and 3 steps up on warmth which is something I missed. Still got a lot of playing around with it to do, but for now my Haze isn't retiring but I think I'll be bringing the Griffin with me when I leave the house. I was very careful on wicking but I think I used just below the amount of cotton I should, so when refilling I get a little leaking, but a few pulls and that's gone, so not much of an issue and lesson learned for next time. Really not hard to wick at all. First goal tomorrow when I get time is dual 2X26gK/40K fused claptons to get the resistance up a bit, but it's working well with what I got in there. Also think I'll drop the ID a step, while 3mm fits it's just barely.

Anyways, best actual tank I've ever vaped by far.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You must use alot of Wraps then as I havent had an issue fitting 3.5mm-4mm ID coils in it...I try to keep the coil at the posts holes and smaller though.
Build differently and find your sweet spot, its a process but once you got it exactly like what your looking for you will have a damn good vape. Its very tunable and every build performs differently in it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You must use alot of Wraps then as I havent had an issue fitting 3.5mm-4mm ID coils in it...I try to keep the coil at the posts holes and smaller though.
Build differently and find your sweet spot, its a process but once you got it exactly like what your looking for you will have a damn good vape. Its very tunable and every build performs differently in it.
7wraps of 26g/40g fused claptons on 3mmID is what I have in there. They're used ones and tweaked a bit so there's some spacing that'd developed from putting them inand pulling out and all that, so they're measuring the full 11mm. The coil I just wrapped is at 9mm long and I plan on making another one tomorrow and getting those in here, then I'll go from there. I just wanted to get something in there for tonight and wasn't feeling up to making more fused claptons tonight, these are working well though (they're what I had in my Avocado for it's dual coil build before I replaced it with a lower resistance single coil, that's going strong).

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I said, he wants 30 bucks wtf

Vape On
80348ba797c45e7a2b10e18079ad3ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dat mix 'n match. Geekvape needs to come out with a rose gold version so I combine it with the black and look all... you know... pretty.
Shit, even I'd be down for that. It'd look fucking badass

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of the Griffin I just ordered these pe-wound Clapton coils for it...
56cc005e0c6f436aa186d4aab6c3212a.jpg
all the reviews saying how great these coils are for $7 I thought I'd give it a shot. Their 24g/28g at .5 ohm..duals should be about perfect for me at .25, I will find out in a few days, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 perfect fused 2X26gK/40gK claptons, mmmm delicious. Still a slight step down from my Genesis style tanks, but for the convenience it's more than worthwhile.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 perfect fused 2X26gK/40gK claptons, mmmm delicious. Still a slight step down from my Genesis style tanks, but for the convenience it's more than worthwhile.
Stepdown? How?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think my Analogy I put somewhere still fits. Think a delicious chip dip made with Greek Yogurt vs Sour Cream. The sour cream is rich and delicious, but the Greek Yogurt is still awesome and fuck you get your own:mad:.

Basically it's just that my Genesis tanks have a slightly richer flavor. I know I remember someone talking about distance to a coil making a difference, initially I brushed it off as nothing, but now experiencing the same builds and the only real variable being that, I think it does make a difference. Both still great, but it's a noticeable difference. The fact that the Griffin doesn't heat up as fast, that it doesn't have wicking issues, and holds more juice more than make up for that slight difference in taste (much like the Yogurt vs Sour Cream, I always make my dips with Fage Yogurt now, just healthier).

Anyways, I only vaped my Genesis tanks since setting up this Griffin while I was rebuilding the Griffin with a better/safer build. So that says something.

So basically it's slightly less rich, but with many other variables worth the tradeoff. There are some juices that I'll reserve for my Haze/Avocado, but I think my Go to will be the Griffin from now on, so easy to wick too.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think my Analogy I put somewhere still fits. Think a delicious chip dip made with Greek Yogurt vs Sour Cream. The sour cream is rich and delicious, but the Greek Yogurt is still awesome and fuck you get your own:mad:.

Basically it's just that my Genesis tanks have a slightly richer flavor. I know I remember someone talking about distance to a coil making a difference, initially I brushed it off as nothing, but now experiencing the same builds and the only real variable being that, I think it does make a difference. Both still great, but it's a noticeable difference. The fact that the Griffin doesn't heat up as fast, that it doesn't have wicking issues, and holds more juice more than make up for that slight difference in taste (much like the Yogurt vs Sour Cream, I always make my dips with Fage Yogurt now, just healthier).

Anyways, I only vaped my Genesis tanks since setting up this Griffin while I was rebuilding the Griffin with a better/safer build. So that says something.

So basically it's slightly less rich, but with many other variables worth the tradeoff. There are some juices that I'll reserve for my Haze/Avocado, but I think my Go to will be the Griffin from now on, so easy to wick too.
I vape for the nicotine hit to stay tobacco free ....flavor is really not my goal, hell, I can always eat a jolly rancher for all the flavor I can handle... But that's just me I guess, lololol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am patiently waiting for my 2nd Black Griffin to arrive today...Im going to be tossing in some Frame Staple Aliens in it soon afterwards. It should be pure deliciousness with a taste of the function(Unbox Therapy Joke):D

VU Sponsors