NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vape On
ouch-o.gif

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went to the vape shop where I bought my Griffin and they kindly swapped out my defective Griffin for a good one. I took it home, cleaned it up with soap and water then gave it a vodka bath. At the same time I cleaned the Cthulu V2 up in a vodka bath.

I put identical builds on the two RTA's and used the same juice in both of them on there own Cuboids. I've used and not used the cotton wick ring in both. I've traveled with both and have put them both through a work day at the same time

I like the Cthulu V2.

While the Griffin is easy to build on with the velocity style deck. It fails in all other area's. When it comes to filling, traveling, work and slinging around at work. Turning on it's side and upside down it leaks like the freaking Titanic. It never weeps. It gushes fluid. The Cthulu at it's worse only weeps a small amount of fluid. The Griffin will never be allowed in a car again.

They both vape the same...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to the vape shop where I bought my Griffin and they kindly swapped out my defective Griffin for a good one. I took it home, cleaned it up with soap and water then gave it a vodka bath. At the same time I cleaned the Cthulu V2 up in a vodka bath.

I put identical builds on the two RTA's and used the same juice in both of them on there own Cuboids. I've used and not used the cotton wick ring in both. I've traveled with both and have put them both through a work day at the same time

I like the Cthulu V2.

While the Griffin is easy to build on with the velocity style deck. It fails in all other area's. When it comes to filling, traveling, work and slinging around at work. Turning on it's side and upside down it leaks like the freaking Titanic. It never weeps. It gushes fluid. The Cthulu at it's worse only weeps a small amount of fluid. The Griffin will never be allowed in a car again.

USER ERROR... Obviously...

Vape On

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I like the Cthulu V2.

That's odd..I mean both my Griffin tanks hit really good, no leaks and no weeps.. They are perfect all the way around !
But I do use the ring and install the cotton wicks properly above the juice wells behind the ring and touching the deck..Even with my new Clapton coils they wick great at 80-85w without coming close to a dry hit, even chain vaping.. And the clouds, the clouds bro, and flavor rival my best RDA's...just sayin, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put the ring back, put ur wicks just on top of the juice flow slots, don't block the slots with cotton,then come back here and edit ur comment...
The ring is there for a purpose dude...
It will prevent all the issues u have...
Filling...
Close the airflow
Close the juice control
Remove the top cap, fill IT..
Open air flow..
Give it a few test fire before opening the juice control,
Then open the juice control.... Good luck

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You really believe that the Cthulhu V2 is a better Tank? :D I find that pretty funny...The Cthulhu V2 is one of the most pain in the ass tanks Ive ever stumbled across. Its design is overdone, bulky and its internals are cramped and stuffed in. Its juice control system is garbage, taking the tank apart is a long drawn out process as it has more pieces to it then a damn card game, It is also much taller then the Griffin and the Griffin I feel is already tall enough...

The juice ports are smaller, threading and machining is below par and rough, airflow ring is way to tight to adjust on a mod, metal shavings and burrs had to be removed before first use, the build deck is smaller, the airflow is tighter....Not what I would call a winner for its price.

Your Griffin Issue:
You are obviously wicking incorrectly and blaming the tank for leaking. You need to put the cotton into the juice ring, do not bunch it in and make sure theres enough to cover all the port. If you using a thinner juice then close off the Juice Control when filling, most of use are using a 70VG/30PG or 80VG/20PG blend so we dont even need to close it off. The Griffin isnt a small chambered women, its got room for big coils and thats a good thing as bigger coils wick well and you can use that to your advantage-use more cotton since in your case you arent using enough or your tips arent in the ring and fluffed up.

The Cthulhu V2 is one of the RTA's in my Velocity Styled Comparison I will be posting soon enough. Im hoping I receive the Alleria before I finish it so that may also be included....
Griffins Deck/Juice Ports:
DSC02977_500.jpg

Cthulhu V2's Decks/Juice Ports:
IMG_3931__23017.1443143526.1280.1280.png

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really believe that the Cthulhu V2 is a better Tank? :D I find that pretty funny...The Cthulhu V2 is one of the most pain in the ass tanks Ive ever stumbled across. Its design is over done and bulky and internals a crammed and stuffed in. Its juice control system is garbage, taking the tank apart is a long drawn out process as it has more pieces to it then a damn card game, It is also much taller then the Griffin and the Griffin I feel is already tall enough...

The juice ports are smaller, threading and machining is below par and rough, airflow ring is way to tight to adjust on a mod, metal shavings and burrs had to be removed before first use, the build deck is smaller, the airflow is tighter....Not what I would call a winner for its price.

You are obviously wicking incorrectly and blaming the tank for leaking. You need to put the cotton into the juice ring, do not bunch it in and make sure theres enough to cover all the port. If you using a thinner juice then close off the Juice Control when filling, most of use are using a 70VG/30PG or 80VG/20PG blend so we dont even need to close it off. The Griffin isnt a small chambered women, its got room for big coils and thats a good thing as bigger coils wick well and you can use that to your advantage-use more cotton since in your case you arent using enough or your tips arent in the ring and fluffed up.

The Cthulhu V2 is one of the RTA's in my Comparison I will be posting soon enough. Im hoping I receive the Alleria before I finish it so that may also be included....
Griffins Deck/Juice Ports:
DSC02977_500.jpg

Cthulhu V2's Decks/Juice Ports:
IMG_3931__23017.1443143526.1280.1280.png
V2 has a velocity deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
V2 has a velocity deck

....I posted it as such...Did you see the pictures? I also did say its part of my comparison for my Velocity RTA's. The Cthulhu V2 includes a Single Coil (Kayfun Deck) and a Dual Coil (Velocity Deck).

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
....I posted it as such...Did you see the pictures? I also did say its part of my comparison for my Velocity RTA's. The Cthulhu V2 includes a Single Coil (Kayfun Deck) and a Dual Coil (Velocity Deck).
Just see the kayfun pic

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
....I posted it as such...Did you see the pictures? I also did say its part of my comparison for my Velocity RTA's
Why do you try help these guys? I mean it's like they have eyes but don't see, ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth..lol I agree with everything you posted about the Griffin and the comparison, great post!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just see the kayfun pic

Its the deck right beside the kayfun deck to the right...The one with 2 Posts...Open the image in a new tab to see full pic on a mobile device.:rolleyes:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why do you try help these guys? I mean it's like they have eyes but don't see, ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth..lol I agree with everything you posted about the Griffin and the comparison, great post!

That was just a Preview to the comparison...Im just waiting for the Mini Diablo and hopefully the Alleria (Beta Testing It!) to come in to finish up the Comparison. Im going to be making a entire thread for it.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its the deck right beside the kayfun deck to the right...The one with 2 Posts...Open the image in a new tab to see full pic on a mobile device.:rolleyes:
Ok cool, keep rolling your eyes.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got mine together the flavor is outstanding. I'm having leaking as well from the air holes. I'll take it apart rub it down and sure the o-rings are right. Figure that is likely the problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok cool, keep rolling your eyes.

Is that what that smiley is? I always thought it was the "Over Your Head" smiley...
Like This:
latest

I dont have an issue with anyone here...but I would like everyone to understand I know what Im doing...Im not a total retard :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got mine together the flavor is outstanding. I'm having leaking as well from the air holes. I'll take it apart rub it down and sure the o-rings are right. Figure that is likely the problem.

Could you take a pic of your wicking facing the coils? There really isnt a Oring there and usually its your cotton sitting over the lip of the air hole on the deck and when the juice gets hot it drops into it..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that what that smiley is? I always thought it was the "Over Your Head" smiley...
Like This:
latest

I dont have an issue with anyone here...but I would like everyone to understand I know what Im doing...Im not a total retard :D
No you're not..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No you're not..

I might be a boob here and there but I think I qualify for intelligence around room temperature most of the time.

Break, did you get the Hohm Wrecker G2? I wrote up a tutorial on how to update and set it up properly for Kanthal/Nichrome TC, others seemed to have some trouble getting it updated and correctly tuned in.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might be a boob here and there but I think I qualify for intelligence around room temperature most of the time.

Break, did you get the Hohm Wrecker G2? I wrote up a tutorial on how to update and set it up properly for Kanthal/Nichrome TC, others seemed to have some trouble getting it updated and correctly tuned in.
No buddy I didn't..I'm sure its a great mod but I've already over spent my vape budget..can't even think about another new mod right now..so please don't be tempting me, lololol
Maybe in a couple 3 mos or so, lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Waaay too much cotton bud and your not taking advantage of the size of the Chamber... LOL

Try making your Coils 2.5-3mm ID, If your resistance is too high twist 2 strands of wire together to lower it (If you dont have any other wire). Clip you cotton so it nice and straight to the port if there is too much cotton, do not force it into the ports as this will choke off the juice. You just want the cotton to be cupped by the ring and deck and you want the cotton tips to end right where that ledge is inside the port. Make sure your cotton is loose and fluffy and this will make sure it can hold as much juice as possible and make it so it can feed it efficiently.

Don't mind my coils, just make yours wider in diameter and try a few more wraps, twist wire up if you dont have any other sizes. The bigger you coils the better in the Griffin.
Alien Wicked .jpg Wicking tut 6.jpg

You can see in my pictures that the cotton is away from that airflow hole, this is what you want there...A nice wide open area above the hole.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup Yup, minimal wick on the Griffin. Just enough to touch the inside of the juice holes, no more. I like to cut the tips at an angle to allow more coming over the top. It's scary wicking the first time like this, you're sure it's going to leak, but it won't. After that be careful working the wick in though, it'll help if you are. Prime it up good, fire it a couple times while you blow air over the top. Then add a few more drops, then put it all together and do a small fill and vape that, by then the wick will have fully sealed and be worked in. If you just pour the juice right into it the ends might not have sealed up the juice holes right.

First time wicking I made the mistake of not breaking it in right. Second time I thought I should add more cotton, it worked but couldn't handle chain vaping. Now it still surprises me how little cotton (not even a full length of KGD) it uses, but it's wicking beautifully and no leaking.

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That worked the coils are 3mm inside 24, coming in at .3 ohms. The flavor of this thing is amazing. What wire sizes wraps and type have been giving you guys the best flavor?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That worked the coils are 3mm inside 24, coming in at .3 ohms. The flavor of this thing is amazing. What wire sizes wraps and type have been giving you guys the best flavor?

That's a subjective question bro... You just have to experiment on ur own what satisfies you.. Like what raymo said 3mm ID is a must!!
My built is
22g/n80
34g/n80
4/5 wraps reg CLAPTONS..
2.5 ID
.11 ohms
60-65 watts
22-23 amp draw
that's satisfies me
And the same built I use for all my RTAS and RDA...

Vape On

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think many of us are using Fused claptons or even more complicated things. Right now I have 2X26gK/40gK Fused Claptons 2.5 ID, 8 wraps. Before I had similar but using 26gSS and 3mm ID, that build was a bit dangerous though at .09Ω, vaped nice but stressed my mod. Got some of Chefs coils coming Friday (yay I won a set of Aliens and Stapled, and bought some comparison FCs).

If you aren't up to making those yet and don't want to buy them (Both @raymo2u and @CrazyChef sell wicked coils) some simple builds you can do are strait parallel, Chain Link, or Zipper coils. They all work very well and are very easy to make. Look them up on youtube for a guide, but basically parallel is just 2 wires wrapped together, chain link is 2 strands twisted, then cut it half way, line it up and twist the opposite direction, looks like a chain. Zipper is 2 twisted wires lined up twisted in opposite directions and wrapped parallel, looks like a zipper.

If you haven't done any of these, try the Parallel first, 2X26 in parallel will read just like a 26g FCs just won't have the same wicking and heat distribution as the Fused Claptons.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

For a Normal Wire build: 22g N80 7 Wraps/3mm ID
For a Slightly Advanced Build: 2 x 24g/38g Fused Claptons
For Best of the Best: 8 x .5x.1 Ribbon/26g/40g Alien Framed Staples (What Im using Currently)

The more mas the wire has seems to be better to a point in the Griffin, at least for me. I like a slightly slower ramp up that increases in heat gradually, I like to take 2-4 second draws and I vape constantly....this is my vaping style.

Glad to hear the advice worked out for you, some dont seem to take my advice until someone else says the same damn thing....:D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think many of us are using Fused claptons or even more complicated things. Right now I have 2X26gK/40gK Fused Claptons 2.5 ID, 8 wraps. Before I had similar but using 26gSS and 3mm ID, that build was a bit dangerous though at .09Ω, vaped nice but stressed my mod. Got some of Chefs coils coming Friday (yay I won a set of Aliens and Stapled, and bought some comparison FCs).

If you aren't up to making those yet and don't want to buy them (Both @raymo2u and @CrazyChef sell wicked coils) some simple builds you can do are strait parallel, Chain Link, or Zipper coils. They all work very well and are very easy to make. Look them up on youtube for a guide, but basically parallel is just 2 wires wrapped together, chain link is 2 strands twisted, then cut it half way, line it up and twist the opposite direction, looks like a chain. Zipper is 2 twisted wires lined up twisted in opposite directions and wrapped parallel, looks like a zipper.
You fuck! I saw you won the damn giveaway....I was hoping to torment Chef with some Flattened and Polished Stitched Alien Framed Staples...just to be a dick :D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:cool: there goes my luck for the year though.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought two Griffins today at a local B&M on sale and didn't have to wait on an order. Can't wait to get home and build em with some dual Claptons.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought two Griffins today at a local B&M on sale and didn't have to wait on an order. Can't wait to get home and build em with some dual Claptons.
Good deal..I just installed dual Claptons a few days ago... 5 wraps on a 3mm bit seem to vape a little warm for me at 80w but excellent flavor...let us know how you like them!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Going to the new LVS in town tonight...hope they have something good there..

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So with my VCMT, and the Griffin, I have been having issues getting wicking right. I know what is said. Just got a new black Griffin and built it. Thought I did good with wick, but nope... Anemic TC vape.

Read the posts... Yep, worried it was going to leak, said screw it. Cut the ends to the deck just to see. They were not very far into the channel....

AWESOME. Definitely the ticket. Not leaking, hitting great. Had to try before I believed, but ya. I'll get it right next time, but for now it rocks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So with my VCMT, and the Griffin, I have been having issues getting wicking right. I know what is said. Just got a new black Griffin and built it. Thought I did good with wick, but nope... Anemic TC vape.

Read the posts... Yep, worried it was going to leak, said screw it. Cut the ends to the deck just to see. They were not very far into the channel....

AWESOME. Definitely the ticket. Not leaking, hitting great. Had to try before I believed, but ya. I'll get it right next time, but for now it rocks.
With the VCMT try wicking it the same way, cut the tips so they are barely peeking out to the juice square holes. Mine was getting pretty dry almost every draw and when wicking it like that its that nice "wet" vape I like...Im not one for really dry feeling draws.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yup, it's scary how little wick you need. Just enough to block off the juice holes, not pack it, not dangle into it, just enough to dip in. Once you get it going it'll seal up the hole and wick quickly.

Hi all, been thoroughly enjoying the coil building / Griffin threads in the forum, but having trouble in getting the expected improvement of flavours from my fused Clapton (24/36g) dual coils in the Griffin. Figure this may be the right place to ask for advice on what I may have done wrong.
IMG_3347.JPG
The above is one of the fused Claptons which I had built using 2 strands of 24g KA1 with 36g KA1 as outer wrap. This came out to be around 0.25 ohm if memory serves me right. (I am new to coil build, and.....I know.....there is a lot of imperfection in my coils but thought it shouldn't have a huge impacts on the performance / flavours. But I could be completely wrong and comments welcome.)

From what I've gathered the flavours from a fused Clapton should outperform typical Clapton, micro & twisted coils etc. But my experience has been quite the opposite where a simple coil with a single strand of 24g KA1 twisted has given me more intense flavours than the fused Clapton. Indeed, came across another thread yesterday where VAPEROXX and CrazyChef suggested 24g KA1 dual parallels for flavours, and yes the dual parallels (at 0.12 ohm with 63W) have outperformed both the twisted and fused Clapton coils in my case, where there are layers of flavours which I didn't know exist in the juice. This is based on the fact that everything else is almost equal (i.e. consistent wicking method and cotton, same RX200 mod and same juices).

So what have I done wrong that the best possible flavours couldn't come out of my dual fused Clapton? 80W is probably my absolute limit, otherwise it would be too hot, and coughing the hell out of me. Is that it? May be the fused Clapton needs even more power? I also didn't have flat jaw pliers so didn't un-twist the fused Clapton before wrapping. Could this contribute to the less flavourful experience?

Hope you guys could shed some light. Either way I am really enjoying the building process and thank you all for the tutorials and tips so far.

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow. I can't seem to think of any reason why a parallel build will be more flavorful than a fused Clapton. Especially seeing as how you are using the same gauge wires. Have you tried a higher gauge wire for your Clapton binding/outer wire?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all, been thoroughly enjoying the coil building / Griffin threads in the forum, but having trouble in getting the expected improvement of flavours from my fused Clapton (24/36g) dual coils in the Griffin. Figure this may be the right place to ask for advice on what I may have done wrong.
View attachment 41454
The above is one of the fused Claptons which I had built using 2 strands of 24g KA1 with 36g KA1 as outer wrap. This came out to be around 0.25 ohm if memory serves me right. (I am new to coil build, and.....I know.....there is a lot of imperfection in my coils but thought it shouldn't have a huge impacts on the performance / flavours. But I could be completely wrong and comments welcome.)

From what I've gathered the flavours from a fused Clapton should outperform typical Clapton, micro & twisted coils etc. But my experience has been quite the opposite where a simple coil with a single strand of 24g KA1 twisted has given me more intense flavours than the fused Clapton. Indeed, came across another thread yesterday where VAPEROXX and CrazyChef suggested 24g KA1 dual parallels for flavours, and yes the dual parallels (at 0.12 ohm with 63W) have outperformed both the twisted and fused Clapton coils in my case, where there are layers of flavours which I didn't know exist in the juice. This is based on the fact that everything else is almost equal (i.e. consistent wicking method and cotton, same RX200 mod and same juices).

So what have I done wrong that the best possible flavours couldn't come out of my dual fused Clapton? 80W is probably my absolute limit, otherwise it would be too hot, and coughing the hell out of me. Is that it? May be the fused Clapton needs more power? I also didn't have flat jaw pliers so didn't un-twist the fused Clapton before wrapping. Could this contribute to the less flavours experience?

Hope you guys could shed some light. Either way I am really enjoying the building process and thank you all for the tutorials and tips so far.
Here's the issues...
Ur wires of choice bro
Coils too thick
Ramp time too long
Too hot!!!
Consider higher gauges wires like
2x26k/40g outer
2x28k/40g outer
Stick to whatever works for you bro,
If you VAPE high pg juices there's no need for FUSed claps!! Stick with regular macro,micro,twisted ,parallel it's all good man,there's no need to build CLAPTONS if ur juice is already flavorful!
There only reason why the claps etcccc were introduce because it claimed to expose the hidden flavor in a juice..SUBJECTIVE! But again if ur juice is already
Flavorful don't complicate it. Just saying! Good luck

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here's the issues...
Ur wires of choice bro
Coils too thick
Ramp time too long
Too hot!!!
Consider higher gauges wires like
2x26k/40g outer
2x28k/40g outer
Stick to whatever works for you bro,
If you VAPE high pg juices there's no need for FUSed claps!! Stick with regular macro,micro,twisted ,parallel it's all good man,there's no need to build CLAPTONS if ur juice is already flavorful!
There only reason why the claps etcccc were introduce because it claimed to expose the hidden flavor in a juice..SUBJECTIVE! But again if ur juice is already
Flavorful don't complicate it. Just saying! Good luck

Vape On
Hidden Flavor may be subjective but they also help with wicking and holding juice, overheating (If you like high wattage vaping) and taking up chamber space creating a more intense flavor profile and denser vapor. This is why Advanced builds are popular.

He is using a build that should be used around 80w+ and telling us that 80w is his absolute limit...that may be his issue right there....Think a Smok TFV4 Quad coils is great at 70w? Try one around 90-120w...MUCH better.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hidden Flavor may be subjective but they also help with wicking and holding juice, overheating (If you like high wattage vaping) and taking up chamber space creating a more intense flavor profile and denser vapor. This is why Advanced builds are popular.

He is using a build that should be used around 80w+ and telling us that 80w is his absolute limit...that may be his issue right there....Think a Smok TFV4 Quad coils is great at 70w? Try one around 90-120w...MUCH better.
I agree bro, i think we just get too much stuff now a days that are meant for advance users but are too cheap for beginners to buy and for vendors to sell...If you know what I mean..
Help him out bro..

Vape On

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I'm getting some leaking when I refill. I close the ventilate holes as and the juice holes fill and open. When I open I get a small amount of leaking

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I'm getting some leaking when I refill. I close the ventilate holes as and the juice holes fill and open. When I open I get a small amount of leaking

I'm sure ur not aware of the KAYFUN rule
Close airflow
Close juice flow
Fill it up / screw the juice cap halfway
Flip the tank let the juice flow all the way down
Slowly flip it back down while screwing the juice cap 100%
Open the airflow
VAPE on it a 2-3 times
Open the juice control
KUP

Vape On

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With the VCMT try wicking it the same way, cut the tips so they are barely peeking out to the juice square holes. Mine was getting pretty dry almost every draw and when wicking it like that its that nice "wet" vape I like...Im not one for really dry feeling draws.
The Griffin doesn't leak at all. The channels are smaller. I've known I've had too much wick.

The VCMT, I can't get that one right. It's runs out or anemic. I love the tank, just haven't got it right yet.

The Griffin, with the shorter wick, much better. Working great.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I made the mistake of leaving the juice and air control open.. unscrewed the top cap, started filling it and about 3/4 full noticed juice running out the air vents, all over my 510 and down the side of my mod..a absolute mess!
Did some research and found I had to close the juice control for sure but now I also close off the air, remove the top cap, fill it up, replace the top cap, open juice control and air control to take a couple hits...doing it this way it hasn't leaked at all...whew! Lol

Wow. I can't seem to think of any reason why a parallel build will be more flavorful than a fused Clapton. Especially seeing as how you are using the same gauge wires. Have you tried a higher gauge wire for your Clapton binding/outer wire?
That's what was puzzling me as well, and appreciate the suggestion. 36g outer wire is currently pushing my skill limit, and anything thinner will take me even more practice. But hey that's part of the fun.

VU Sponsors