Become a Patron!

Need some advice to buy a new small, TC compatible Mod

Hi everyone, I recently created my account on VU, and I'm looking for some help and recomendations to get a new small mod.
Until recently, i have never tried TC, but when a friend of mine showed me his new mod and the tc mode, i felt in love with it, the cool vapor, for me at least, is such a great experience, so decided what it was going to be my next acquisition. I made my research, so i know, roughly, how tc works, and the different materials that are avaible.
The original idea was to get something small, like really small, and i found the Artery Vapor Nugget mod, wich is tc compatible and reaches 50W. Then i thought on something similiar to a goblin mini, or a small tank that has Ti or Ni coils.
So my questions are the following:
If someone owns a Nugget mod, is it worth it?, Does TC work well? Is something similar to this that is small and TC capable?
Is there something similar to a goblin mini, in dimentions, either tank or RTA, that can do TC? would really love to hear about it.
My idea was to have something small, being capable of TC and without having to drip it every 5 minutes, and to be able to take it with me all day.

So, Thanks in advance
Felipe.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Artery Vapor Nugget isn't a good choice for an all day use mod. It only has 1000mAh of battery life with a single built in 18350. It looks very nice as a mod that you would take along for a shopping trip or a drive. The most popular small TC mod is the VTC Mini. You can use a much longer lasting 18650 battery like the LG HG2 batteries which have 3000mAh of power. The VTC Mini can also temp control stainless steel coils. It is larger, but still very compact, and the battery life more than makes up for it.

If you want a mod to use occasionally as an out and about mod for short trips the Vapor Nugget should be great, but if you want something that can be relied on all day then the VTC Mini along with a pair of LG HG2 batteries and a charger would be a better option.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
how much are you looking to spend?
the nugget wouldn't have the battery life to last very long and doesn't have rapid charging ... err if you vape at 10-15w you may get substnital life out of it, but if youre vaping in the 40-60w range or higher on the tank you will want something with more battery life.
the eleaf 100w tc is small for a dual battery mod with a fairly large array of offerings. the vaprsharkdna200 would be the opposite end of the price scale but with its rapid charger, i can easily get through a day and as small and light as the mod is it sits in my shirt posket all day

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
if you are looking for a small tank there is indeed the goblin mini, or even smaller the goblin nano, it's a RTA so you can use any wire you want as long as the mod supports it, so it is suitable for TC.

For factory coils there is for example the UD rosary, has TC coils available.
https://www.fasttech.com/search?rosary
Or you could go for the Pico, it's an RTA but if you get this version it also comes with a CLR coil adapter for the CLR factory coils which are also available for TC (and which can also be rebuild if you wish):
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018591/3847900-pico-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

Or you could wait for the Aspire plato.....nice and small because it has the tank build in.
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/plato/256.html

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, the nugget is not the best choice for an all day mod but just an FYI, they are supposed to have an upgrade coming out that will allow for SS temp control. Just thought I'd pass that little nugget of information on ;)

You see what I did there?

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The evic vtc mini is a great little mod. It's a single 18650, has TC, and pass through charging so you can vape while it charges. It used to last me pretty much all day though. I got the kit for about $40.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the vtc mini suggestions. I have 2 and really enjoy them. Take one or the other to work with me daily.

HD

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd also recommend the VTC Mini. It's my very first mod after I quit smoking three months back. I've bought a Cuboid, a Kanger Mini and a Smok X Cube II after that and still I found myself always going back to using the VTC Mini.

It's just so compact and very reliable. Not to mention that since I got it, Joyetech's constantly been releasing updates for it every now and then. Even just for the updates themselves, it's worth every penny.

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I recently created my account on VU, and I'm looking for some help and recomendations to get a new small mod.
Until recently, i have never tried TC, but when a friend of mine showed me his new mod and the tc mode, i felt in love with it, the cool vapor, for me at least, is such a great experience, so decided what it was going to be my next acquisition. I made my research, so i know, roughly, how tc works, and the different materials that are avaible.
The original idea was to get something small, like really small, and i found the Artery Vapor Nugget mod, wich is tc compatible and reaches 50W. Then i thought on something similiar to a goblin mini, or a small tank that has Ti or Ni coils.
So my questions are the following:
If someone owns a Nugget mod, is it worth it?, Does TC work well? Is something similar to this that is small and TC capable?
Is there something similar to a goblin mini, in dimentions, either tank or RTA, that can do TC? would really love to hear about it.
My idea was to have something small, being capable of TC and without having to drip it every 5 minutes, and to be able to take it with me all day.

So, Thanks in advance
Felipe.
Try eleaf istck 40 watt @ my freedom smokes is only like 28 bucks works really good

Sent from my TM785M3 using Tapatalk

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it has integrated battery charges via usb

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It goes up to 60w and supports nickel and titanium.
http://vaping360.com/evic-vtc-mini-review/
According to this website they added stainless steel in their upgradable firmware.
It's firmware upgadebale, with the latest upgrade it actually goes up to 75 watts. Has user settable TCR, nice screen, all in a small package. For a small, inexpensive, TC mod, it really seems hard to beat atm. Here's the direct link to Joyetech. Here's the link to Vapecrawler if you want to search for the best price.

Cheers,
Steve

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beware of the eleaf I stick, they've been autofiring and there were quite a few cases of them blowing up

The Artery Vapor Nugget isn't a good choice for an all day use mod. It only has 1000mAh of battery life with a single built in 18350. It looks very nice as a mod that you would take along for a shopping trip or a drive. The most popular small TC mod is the VTC Mini. You can use a much longer lasting 18650 battery like the LG HG2 batteries which have 3000mAh of power. The VTC Mini can also temp control stainless steel coils. It is larger, but still very compact, and the battery life more than makes up for it.

If you want a mod to use occasionally as an out and about mod for short trips the Vapor Nugget should be great, but if you want something that can be relied on all day then the VTC Mini along with a pair of LG HG2 batteries and a charger would be a better option.

The evic vtc mini is a great little mod. It's a single 18650, has TC, and pass through charging so you can vape while it charges. It used to last me pretty much all day though. I got the kit for about $40.

I agree with the vtc mini suggestions. I have 2 and really enjoy them. Take one or the other to work with me daily.

HD

I'd also recommend the VTC Mini. It's my very first mod after I quit smoking three months back. I've bought a Cuboid, a Kanger Mini and a Smok X Cube II after that and still I found myself always going back to using the VTC Mini.

It's just so compact and very reliable. Not to mention that since I got it, Joyetech's constantly been releasing updates for it every now and then. Even just for the updates themselves, it's worth every penny.

It's firmware upgadebale, with the latest upgrade it actually goes up to 75 watts. Has user settable TCR, nice screen, all in a small package. For a small, inexpensive, TC mod, it really seems hard to beat atm. Here's the direct link to Joyetech. Here's the link to Vapecrawler if you want to search for the best price.

Cheers,
Steve

First of all, thank to all of you that posted
Looks like the Evic VTC Mini is the strongest suggestions as right know, is not as big as i tought it was. It could be the right thing to buy, and if it has an upgrade that icreases Wattage and adds SS coils it makes it even better.
Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem, I'm sure you'll love it! :) Good luck!

how much are you looking to spend?
the nugget wouldn't have the battery life to last very long and doesn't have rapid charging ... err if you vape at 10-15w you may get substnital life out of it, but if youre vaping in the 40-60w range or higher on the tank you will want something with more battery life.
the eleaf 100w tc is small for a dual battery mod with a fairly large array of offerings. the vaprsharkdna200 would be the opposite end of the price scale but with its rapid charger, i can easily get through a day and as small and light as the mod is it sits in my shirt posket all day
I dont have a limit as right now, but it looks like the VTC mini that is arround the $40 is the strongest option.
Thanks for the information about the Nugget, maybe i buy it as an ocasional use mod
I agree, the nugget is not the best choice for an all day mod but just an FYI, they are supposed to have an upgrade coming out that will allow for SS temp control. Just thought I'd pass that little nugget of information on ;)

You see what I did there?
Lol, Good to know that is getting and upgrade, but as I said, maybe I buy it for the sake of having it in the collection, because the VTC is looking like the better option.
Thanks for the reply

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't been using my vtc, that was my beginning mod, so I haven't tried upgrading it, but it was by far the cutest and most amazing little mod. I now use the snow wolf 200w and the reuleaux rx200, they're amazing boxes if you ever want to consider getting something bigger.

if you are looking for a small tank there is indeed the goblin mini, or even smaller the goblin nano, it's a RTA so you can use any wire you want as long as the mod supports it, so it is suitable for TC.

For factory coils there is for example the UD rosary, has TC coils available.
https://www.fasttech.com/search?rosary
Or you could go for the Pico, it's an RTA but if you get this version it also comes with a CLR coil adapter for the CLR factory coils which are also available for TC (and which can also be rebuild if you wish):
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018591/3847900-pico-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

Or you could wait for the Aspire plato.....nice and small because it has the tank build in.
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/plato/256.html
Great! Thank you for the reply!
Good to know that are other options avaible. I found also the moonshot rda by sigelei, is a bit taller, but it looks promising
Ajajaj, thank you! I will dig a little more about it!
Try eleaf istck 40 watt @ my freedom smokes is only like 28 bucks works really good

Thank you for the reply, but as right know i dont really like the isticks

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Beware of the eleaf I stick, they've been autofiring and there were quite a few cases of them blowing up
as far as I know that was the 50w and only the first batches had the problem, from what ive read at this point the problem has been fixed. ive had the istick 30w, tc40w and just got the tc100w for 30 bucks at 101 vape! I was looking at the vtc mini too but decided to stick with the istick since ive always had good luck with them! Im not particularly 'careful' with my mods... you could ask my Akuma :rolleyes: To each their own but I wouldnt count out the tc100w completly. maybe if your lucky youll find sombody at a vape shop with a setup of each you can try out. or you could find youve never heard of that will fit every need, the vape world is a crazy and ever changing place, it is... lol

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had this discussion many times and you're right, they definitely fixed it by now. Now it just comes down to my preferred style. I don't really like the looks of them and lately, I like to know I have the option to go up to 200w, even though I never go above 70. I really love my snow wolf and my rx200.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors