Become a Patron!

Have you used any product from Desire Design?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
Hello!

Desire Design as a dedicated manufacturer in vapes for many years has been working with distributors across the world for supplying vape products. In order to get closer to the users of our products, learn their real feedback on our products and services and provide timely help, finally, we built our website where vapers can not only directly know more about our company, but also shop there and get INSTANT support for any questions.

The website is LAUNCHED now and could be accessed by visiting https://www.desiredesign.com/. Just so you know, there are some webpages' details under further optimizing, but you can undoubtedly VISIT and SHOP NOW.

Please don't forget to leave us your feedback or ideas if you get any on the website or products or just say hi, you know they will make a good difference on us.

Let's see thrilling improvements TOGETHER!

(Some deals or GIVEAWAY will be put here constantly, stay tuned, vapers!)

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
On your site the Desire Cut Squonk appears to have a black bottle.
I have 4 of the Cuts and would love to be able to purchase some black Squonk bottles.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
Hello dear vapers,

Since we Desire Design just launched our official website https://www.desiredesign.com/, we can't wait to get closer to the users of our products even it's still under further optimizing of details, sooooo excited!

As a years of manufacturer only supplying products to worldwide distributors, we know many users have questioned us or have something wanted to share with us but there is nothing direct between us. Now we finally come to this moment, so please let us learn about your questions and feedback on the products or services, any thoughts on our company or just wanna say hi, THROW all to us, we'd very much like to get back to you!

And sincerely sorry if any trouble you've gone through with our products or services, also thanks for any sharing or support you've given here or there.

Come on!! Your feedback will really make a difference on us for sure! We're here for you.

Let's see thrilling improvements on Desire Design together!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Cut and love it.

I would make a couple of suggestions not directly about the products though.

First would be to have the latest firmware for your mods publicly available on your site.

Second would be to get your software developers to write some processor compatibility protection into the flash package.

A friend here bricked his brand new Cut because he accidentally flashed it with the build meant for the Rage which was the only one available on the Desire site.

He owned the mistake, but on the other hand, a flash tool should see that the file is wrong for the board and say so.

You guys did send me a usable file to restore it, but it should have been publicly posted on the site is my point.

No attacks intended here, but just friendly and hopefully helpful observations :)

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
Hello!
You can't imagine how happy we are to hear from you and please keep commenting on us.
And just so you know, your comments are also directed to our developers, please see below responses after checking with them:

First - Generally we don't suggest customers upgrading firmware at home mostly considering it's very likely to meet with some irreversible breakdown when upgrading by yourself (based on some users' experiences), so we withdrew the public update of firmware aiming to save you from a worse situation. If you want to upgrade firmware, we're glad to do it for you by sending us your device, so just let us know.

Second - Could you please specify more about the function of processor compatibility protection you mentioned? We gladly try our best to make it after getting more details.

We really appreciate that you point out these to-be-improved things to us, your real comments are always our pursuit as we want to improve ourselves and benefit vapers in practice. So, feel free to comment on us, anytime.

First would be to have the latest firmware for your mods publicly available on your site.

Second would be to get your software developers to write some processor compatibility protection into the flash package.

A friend here bricked his brand new Cut because he accidentally flashed it with the build meant for the Rage which was the only one available on the Desire site.

He owned the mistake, but on the other hand, a flash tool should see that the file is wrong for the board and say so.

You guys did send me a usable file to restore it, but it should have been publicly posted on the site is my point.

No attacks intended here, but just friendly and hopefully helpful observations :)

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
I have 4 of the Cuts and would love to be able to purchase some black Squonk bottles.

Hi!
Big hug from Desire Design! Thank you so much for being the first commenting here, which is very encouraging.

Currently there is no squonk bottle selling on our website because it's out of stock in the inventory system. We're trying to ask the other channels if there is any black bottle in stock, will get back to you tomorrow once we got updated.

Either way, thank your for asking out, we want to offer helps to you. It's a good start, right?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two cuts and a rage. I was the one who bricked my first cut. I did so following the instruction manual that came with the cut. But it's all good. I love both mods all 3 I have. Great design. Have never had any other issues than me bricking the mod.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First - Generally we don't suggest customers upgrading firmware at home mostly considering it's very likely to meet with some irreversible breakdown when upgrading by yourself (based on some users' experiences), so we withdrew the public update of firmware aiming to save you from a worse situation. If you want to upgrade firmware, we're glad to do it for you by sending us your device, so just let us know.

Again, I'm not being confrontational or argumentative for the sake of it :) No offense, but I'm pretty sure I'm not talking to the tech people over at Desire either. :rolleyes:

Allow me please to repeat a post I made on the 14th of March HERE
The fact that some people mess theirs up by doing it wrong is no reason to believe it's inherently dangerous. Truth be told, using this forum is far more complicated than the average firmware upgrade. Somewhere the idea got started that upgrading a mod,s firmware means closing your eyes and holding your breath as you click that button, hoping for the best with a 50/50 chance of survival.

It's a triviality that would fit on one page of the manual that comes with your mod. Like anything else, pay attention to what you're doing, follow the instructions and 2 minutes later you have the latest firmware, Which in the case of the legend for instance, means noticeably improved battery life.

Firmware development costs money. They don't do it because they don't have anything else to do. Even if it's just overall under the hood efficiency, I want it. If on the very off chance there's some disadvantage to the newer firmware, it's just as easy to go back to the old one.

Also like anything else, anybody can make a mistake, including myself, but firmware upgrades are not this mystical magical shot n the dark that may or may not destroy your mod. It won't.

If it were my decision (which of course it isn't) I would include a very visible warning and disclaimer on the support webpage, in a readme file contained in the download package, AND in the manual, explaining that a firmware upgrade is not risk free if performed improperly and Desire will not be held responsible for losses caused by user error. Because where there is no user error, there is no risk (or very VERY little) as my above re-post explains.

Either that or it would be better to not market a device as firmware up-gradable. This is actually a general statement and not directed at Desire alone. I do appreciate the fact that your company did provide the package once asked.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second - Could you please specify more about the function of processor compatibility protection you mentioned? We gladly try our best to make it after getting more details.

There is the ability to have a firmware flash tool verify that the chip id of the device it is currently interfaced with, matches the file and code that it is about to send to the device. So the tool checks the chip with the file and shows a warning if they don't match. It can either refuse to do the flash or say that the user proceeds at their own risk.

This way, the user is duly warned if they are making a mistake, but new improved firmware is also readily available.

The firmware is a device's operating system. ALOT can be fixed and made better just through the firmware if only the companies would put more time and attention and yes money into it.

I imagine a vaping world where improved firmware is commonplace and average users are not afraid to use it. The company that makes that a reality along with reliable hardware that can take advantage of it, at mainstream prices, will have a significant market share all to themselves.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. I also do very much appreciate your... desire (pun intended), to come here and interact with your customers. A great idea that makes a good impression. :hug:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello!
You can't imagine how happy we are to hear from you and please keep commenting on us.
And just so you know, your comments are also directed to our developers, please see below responses after checking with them:

We really appreciate that you point out these to-be-improved things to us, your real comments are always our pursuit as we want to improve ourselves and benefit vapers in practice. So, feel free to comment on us, anytime.
So if I buy one of your devices I have to pay for purchase+shipping and then pay another shipping charge for an update? Why not just make the updates user friendly like everyone else ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So if I buy one of your devices I have to pay for purchase+shipping and then pay another shipping charge for an update? Why not just make the updates user friendly like everyone else ?
Oh the upgrade tool they use is brain dead simple. That's not the problem. The problem is that it will overwrite the existing firmware even if it's the wrong processor and board. Once the upgrade program is communicating with the mod it will send that file if you tell it to, no matter what. My contention is that it should know they don't match and warn the user.

Some companies already do this by one method or another.

Heck, the Arctic Fox toolbox will tell you if the mod it sees will work or not :)
You can also override that protection if you want to, but that's on you if it breaks. For me, that's the perfect way to do it.

I don't think I've met one single person here who simply CANNOT do a firmware upgrade. They have it in their heads that it's inherently super technical and therefore dangerous for anybody who doesn't work for NASA.

100% of the horror stories I've read were because somebody was either in a hurry or didn't pay attention to the instructions, or some other bonehead human mistake.

If the company posts the wrong file for the mod or a faulty tool and somebody kills their mod because they did it right as far as they were informed, then that's on the company. That almost never happens.

The great news is that there are forums like this where folks can come and ask for help if they're nervous about doing it. Once they do it, they'll be staring at their screens thinking: "Hmm. That wasn't nearly as geeky as I thought..." :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, I made one of those bonehead mistakes years go and almost killed a 200 dollar motherboard. It took some fingernail biting trickery to save it that involved risking a second identical board. A command line BIOS flash is a lot more complicated than upgrading the firmware on a mod. Nobody should read this and say:

"yeah yeah yeah, that's me. I'd do something like that"

No you won't :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Oh the upgrade tool they use is brain dead simple. That's not the problem. The problem is that it will overwrite the existing firmware even if it's the wrong processor and board. Once the upgrade program is communicating with the mod it will send that file if you tell it to, no matter what. My contention is that it should know they don't match and warn the user.

Some companies already do this by one method or another.

Heck, the Arctic Fox toolbox will tell you if the mod it sees will work or not :)
You can also override that protection if you want to, but that's on you if it breaks. For me, that's the perfect way to do it.

I don't think I've met one single person here who simply CANNOT do a firmware upgrade. They have it in their heads that it's inherently super technical and therefore dangerous for anybody who doesn't work for NASA.

100% of the horror stories I've read were because somebody was either in a hurry or didn't pay attention to the instructions, or some other bonehead human mistake.

If the company posts the wrong file for the mod or a faulty tool and somebody kills their mod because they did it right as far as they were informed, then that's on the company. That almost never happens.

The great news is that there are forums like this where folks can come and ask for help if they're nervous about doing it. Once they do it, they'll be staring at their screens thinking: "Hmm. That wasn't nearly as geeky as I thought..." :D
I understand that part. What I can't get on board with is a vendor that wants my money but doesn’t do right by me from the get go. Make it user friendly or don't offer the firmware upgrades at all.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not being able to upgrade my own parts is EXACTLY why I absolutely refuse to buy a Macintrash (or Crapple, whatever they're called now.) If I want more RAM or a new video card, I don't want to send it to the manufacturer. I'm a tech and can do that myself. Why do I have to do that for a mod? I seriously wanted to get a Rage Squonker, but won't get one now. I refuse to send my mod off just for an upgrade that I can do myself. Sure, if something breaks or something, but not for a firmware update.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not being able to upgrade my own parts is EXACTLY why I absolutely refuse to buy a Macintrash (or Crapple, whatever they're called now.) If I want more RAM or a new video card, I don't want to send it to the manufacturer. I'm a tech and can do that myself. Why do I have to do that for a mod? I seriously wanted to get a Rage Squonker, but won't get one now. I refuse to send my mod off just for an upgrade that I can do myself. Sure, if something breaks or something, but not for a firmware update.

There's firmware for the Rage. At least there was when I got the cut and put the Rage firmware on it

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, flashing new SW should be trivial: they even provide the DATA/Power cable, (right?).

It's vastly more problematic on an Arduino/other because you are working with newbie "programmers" and electron-pushers where EVERYTHING is a possible "wtf?!" - like 'fuses'.

I'd also add: if Escribe can manage to work and run on osX and linux as well as Doze, then there is no good excuse for a "windows-only" package, either.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Well this thread has turned into a Firmware discussion.

I agree with most of the comments here, the firmware upgrades need to be available to the end user.
Nobody wants to have to send their device to the manufacturer to be upgraded.
Firmware upgrades are a good sign of a company that is thriving to make their product better, whether it be an upgrade or a bug fix.
The vaping community has become accustomed to these and they are an important part of keeping your device in tip top working condition.

Also @gsmit1 has a good point, the software for the upgrade could easily be made to read a device to make sure the firmware is compatible with the device it is connected to.
Escribe software (for DNA boards) will even tell you if there is an upgrade available and ask if you want to flash it simply by connecting your device.

Sure, there are a lot of people that will never attempt or even care but for the majority of people that join a forum like this they do.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I agree with most of the comments here, the firmware upgrades need to be available to the end user.
Firmware upgrades are a good sign of a company that is thriving to make their product better, whether it be an upgrade or a bug fix.
The vaping community has become accustomed to these and they are an important part of keeping your device in tip top working condition.

Also @gsmit1 has a good point, the software for the upgrade could easily be made to read a device to make sure the firmware is compatible with the device it is connected to.
Escribe software (for DNA boards) will even tell you if there is an upgrade available and ask if you want to flash it simply by connecting your device.

Sure, there are a lot of people that will never attempt or even care but for the majority of people that join a forum like this they do.
All good points. I don't update any of my stuff. But I thought for the people that do, it's all pretty standard stuff. You learn how to do it, then do it on a computer. Sending them in the mail just seems a bit dated even though, I have no idea if that was even a thing.. People are using Arctic Fox and stuff like that all from home.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updating your device is sorta' mixed-reasons:
  1. Manufacturer screwed up early - and knows it. Flash will fix it;
  2. Company is actively maintaining and improving the (beta) ware they pushed out the door;
  3. Customization that cannot be reached easily from a simple user menu
  4. 3rd-party (ie Arctic Fox) updates thru the bootloader - popular with a small, (healthy), segment;
As mentioned, it also enables Diagnostics, testing, calibrating. All useful for stuff more complex than a screwdriver or mallet.

EDIT: Oh, it also means you could be marketing the board for custom mods and 2nd-party firms.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if this guy is into updates-
View attachment 137227
I gotta' admit: when that page finally rendered I pretty much gagged - and hey, everything is packed away, so screaming "shoot the bastard!" was useless.

If that's what they think of vapers - squonkers? - certainly the pod-crews.. Well, I won't be buying their products in this lifetime. I'm not even sure if the "man-bun" is worse, certainly just as bad.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I lol'd at the model plastered all over the front page. I don't mean to be rude. I just have a strange sense of humor and find things funny that most dont.
Your not rude, you are being generous.....:deadhorse:

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year

Hi, we've just got confirmed that there is only white squonk bottle for Cut Squonk in stock, is that ok for you? If so, we could ship right away.
Thank you!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Hi, we've just got confirmed that there is only white squonk bottle for Cut Squonk in stock, is that ok for you? If so, we could ship right away.
Thank you!
Thank you, that's kind of you but I wanted a black bottle.
I did find one that fits perfectly.

ef9df2a1c676cb2d412710fd90c8f0a6.jpg

55694cfee2fe2e6157aa9273c37fdff4.jpg

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
Again, I'm not being confrontational or argumentative for the sake of it :) No offense, but I'm pretty sure I'm not talking to the tech people over at Desire either. :rolleyes:

Allow me please to repeat a post I made on the 14th of March HERE

If it were my decision (which of course it isn't) I would include a very visible warning and disclaimer on the support webpage, in a readme file contained in the download package, AND in the manual, explaining that a firmware upgrade is not risk free if performed improperly and Desire will not be held responsible for losses caused by user error. Because where there is no user error, there is no risk (or very VERY little) as my above re-post explains.

Either that or it would be better to not market a device as firmware up-gradable. This is actually a general statement and not directed at Desire alone. I do appreciate the fact that your company did provide the package once asked.

Hi, thanks a lot for your info and suggestion which may express out many other users' needs, we fully accept that and will put our hands to optimize those details you mentioned. Keep eyes on us and you'll find the improvements. We're so glad having you here with us.
Just so you know, this is Rach speaking who's in charge of customer care, but the notification email taking your posts goes to our Tech fellow. We are a harmonious and quickly-responsive team, haha.
It seems a very good start here, thank you tons!

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year
I have two cuts and a rage. I was the one who bricked my first cut. I did so following the instruction manual that came with the cut. But it's all good. I love both mods all 3 I have. Great design. Have never had any other issues than me bricking the mod.
Hello:hug:
Thanks for the feedback and encouragements! Definitely we are about to go over all details including the instruction manual, and make it save troubles for you. Keep eyes on us, you'll see thrilling improvements.
Great to hear you enjoy those devices, vape on!

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year

Appreciated. We do read and care about every post here, which is important for us as you said.
Already had an initial discussion with our tech team, there's gonna be some updates on the webpage of the firmware upgrades, let's see.
Either way, thank you for all supports!

Desire_Design

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 1 Year

Seriously? You refuse to enjoy vaping Rage - the Legend?:sad::sad::sad:
Well, after being aware of you refusing to send back the device for upgrade, we're trying to work out another solution which would be likely putting the newest firmware on the webpage with all our specifications, and hey, you're a tech you're welcome to check it out and give some suggestion, what do you think?;);)

VU Sponsors