Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ill just leave this here...

Evolv is coming out with a new board that also controls temperature.

Provape is coming out with a new Provari that goes to 20 watts with an all new display.

This is all confirmed. I do not have pictures at this time. Within 2 months.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
112979d1281503579t-2002-carbon-camel-extended-leather-worthless-without-pics.bmp

Sorry, just couldn't help myself :D

Can't wait for these events to develop!!!

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
About the temperature thing - unless they control the topper (i.e. carto, atty, whatever), I don't see
how they could have any control over temperature. You'd have to have some sort of a sensor in
the atty to do that.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Guessing" it is a cutoff once the temp. reaches a threshold ... thermal cutoff sensor placed near the 510 connector... Would be good if you got a short in the unit...

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
That doesn't sound particularly "revolutionary" and seems to me would be copied by China in an eye-blink of there was any worth in it.

I hope that Evolv comes up with something a little more interesting than that....

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Provari is a great APV, but they need to get new products out. I'm looking foreword to seeing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And they will still be selling a 4 year old PV for many more years. Tried and true. The PV3 will be far from revolutionary. More of just another option. Provape is like the Motorola (cell phones) of the vaping world. They take so long to come out with something new that by the time it drops it is already dated. It is always quality. But it is old hat.

Paddrino

Member For 4 Years
I always recommend a provari for vapors that want their first real big battery upgrade. The provari is a workhorse that goes on forever. It's an excellent jumping off point so that if the user wants to get into other crazy mods, they will always know that their 'good ole reliable' is still in their collection. It also comes with the knowledge that just about everything is US made without the insanely high markup that sometimes comes with that. Most average vapors rarely go above 20watts, and a provari can be a staple or a very good backup for any user.

Chris Johnson

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Instead of new board from Evolv, how about they just work on scaling up production so real people can actually get one without having to stalk websites. :D

Production of the DNA boards is not why people have to stalk websites, it's the production of the PV's themselves by device manufacturers. Evolv has nothing to do with this.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't wait for the new Provari. As I right this I'm using the Provari I bought about 4 years ago with RDA.

Yeah you are about due. That Provari owes you nothing. Me I just got my V2.5's recently so I think I will wait a while.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking forward to seeing the New Provari. Mine have been stellar performers.

Provari Wish list: A sub ohm feature would be nice as well as a flat top cap (with air venting), adjustable battery spring, a tad larger batt tube, adjustable 510 connector, accepts flat top batteries.

I may be pushing a bit here, but if the electronics section were to be removable and then add a mech button section back on it to allow it to become a true Mech, it would be an "all in one wonder with great QC"

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And they will still be selling a 4 year old PV for many more years. Tried and true. The PV3 will be far from revolutionary. More of just another option. Provape is like the Motorola (cell phones) of the vaping world. They take so long to come out with something new that by the time it drops it is already dated. It is always quality. But it is old hat.

At least we will be able to wear their old hat for years to come. Most likely worth the wait.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This might be the reason they've let a national vendor actually drop the price of their current stock of provaris

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a fondness for my 2 year old Provari, I'm curious to see the newest from Provape. If its built anything like my old one, Its going to find a home with me.

Masked Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always thought the "provari craze" was just all hype, but after owning a provari I can't imagine my vape life without it. So the thought of a new provari to add to my arsenal makes me all giddy :rolleyes: #Provari4Lyfe

Bigfockinvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Production of the DNA boards is not why people have to stalk websites, it's the production of the PV's themselves by device manufacturers. Evolv has nothing to do with this.

Sorry but I've yet to see a DNA 30 board for sale on Evolv's site, in the how many months since they were released, let alone a twitter update of when they will be available (as it states will be done on their site). I live in Canada, and even though I have seen the ODD (one here or there) DNA 30 board available from a company that will ship here, finding one that will ship here for a reasonable price and not gouge us on shipping is another matter entirely. Evolv's site is the most reasonable shipping I've ever seen for shipping their product here, yet I have never been able to put a board in my cart.

As for mod's not being available, I completely understand that. I have little issue waiting and stalking for something like a ZNA to come available and would not suggest otherwise.

Hopefully, with the onslaught of clones and clone boards and China high power boards. that will force Evolv to step up their game

Chris Johnson

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Because they're not selling them to end users anymore, haven't in months. I have NO problem ordering as many as we want however. If you're buying in quantity you can order whenever you like

Chris Johnson

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Just because you can't get one chip or one mod doesn't mean they're not available. Again, you're assuming. :)

Bigfockinvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just because you can't get one chip or one mod doesn't mean they're not available. Again, you're assuming. :)

That's a pretty big assumption :p. I've been trying to buy a board or two for months now from the evolve site and checking other distributors. Guess I haven't been checking the right places :). I wish I would have known Evolv wasn't selling to individuals, haha, I could have saved myself a few hours.

I did finally break down and pick up a Vapor Shark DNA30 (which is amazing by the way) a month or two ago, and I lucked out the other day and managed to order a ZNA Lite, so I'm stoked but I was just putting it out there. I do see on the forums that there are quite a few peeps still trying to get their hands on boards to build their own mod's still.

Chris Johnson

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 4 Years
Assumption? Its fact. We've been able to buy all we like from evolv without issue. Why? Because we're placing large orders. Unless you're buying about a hundred boards or more, you're not buying direct from evolv these days. People looking for a board or two assuming evolv will magically start selling single boards again are in for quite a wait. In the meantime we'll keep supplying the rest of the hobbyists and small builders who can't place orders large enough to interest evolv :)

Bigfockinvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Um, not that it really matters, but just to clarify. I'm not sure how I am assuming anything, when I'm the one that has been trying to get a couple boards without getting gouged for shipping. Which is what I have been looking for, for the last 4.5 months. I'm not the only one either, if I was the only one having this much trouble getting a couple chips I highly doubt china would be so prolific in their cloning of a $50 product that they are selling for the same price o_O.
Yeah, I get it if I want 100+ boards, I get service. That's the way things go but certainly but Evolv, perhaps could have but out a twitter notice (since that's where they said they would be giving updates) or posted something on their website, so more than just the special people could have an idea of what's going on. But hey, thanks for the heads up.

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first mod was a ProVari over 3 years ago...still use it today. The only changes I think it needs is the ability to use flat top batteries and a spring loaded center pin...other than that I am good with the way it is. I have thought about getting another but I have a number of VV/VW mods and just don't see the need to replace something that isn't broken. Now if ProVape made a box style ProVari......mmmmm.....

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My provari has been through hell and back with me, it is pretty sintamental by now for me. I have a DNA 30 and SX300....and certainly looking at the SX350, but I always have the provari in the rotation no matter what, for how I vape it works sublime. A new menu with more info on screen like the sx chips and dna along with more power would be very welcome, more so if it is built anything like the current models, can't wait to see it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Evolv is in a perpetual state of back order for the DNA30, a new board would be sold out with a 6 months back order after they introduced it.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In the market for a new device ,and waiting for whats new from Provape .

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If provari is going to use that chip Evolv probably wouldnt say they were . Evolv is probably ramping up production without anyone knowing..

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been waiting for ProVape to release an updated version of Teh ProVari.

Visus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It definitely wont, cannot be, near as good a vape as my ego.

7 watts of vape baby beat that o_O

1truk

Member For 4 Years
About the temperature thing - unless they control the topper (i.e. carto, atty, whatever), I don't see
how they could have any control over temperature. You'd have to have some sort of a sensor in
the atty to do that.
Agreed, however, this is a vague statement at best and could simply mean that they are adding a shutoff if the main board gets too hot. As you state, there would be no way to control the topper heat.

1truk

Member For 4 Years
.... And I knew this announcement would come after I finally buy my first Provari yesterday. You guys can start thanking me now....

Don't fret man .. no matter what they bring to the table the Original will always have a place. The only reason they are coming out with a VW device is because we all demanded it from them. The Original will still work as one of the best devices out there and its built like a brick shit house.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say anymore that I have a variable device which I can completely trust to not let me down if I went on vacation (or even away for the day)

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bought...my provari has stuck with me through everything from a car wreck, to parties I would rather forget....and have, for the most part, and not in conjunction thankfully.. It is pretty much like they say, you push the button and it works, and makes me happy.

VU Sponsors