CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I thought I'd ask here...
A friend's husband uses an Aspire Nautilus, but wants an American made product. Any suggestions for a good quality U.S. based MTL tank?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, he's using an iStick 30.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, he's using an iStick 30.
How about the skillet? Vaporcube has them for 7$. Lots of people have been recommending them to new vapers and a lot of veterans have bought some too. With the 1 ohm coil and the airflow closed down its supposed to be a pretty.good MTL

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe the Cupon code is skillet
The last I heard, a few days ago it was still working. If you wanna hang on about 12 hours I'll let you know how I feel about it. I'm getting one as a gift in the morning...lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CrazyChef , the skillet is a very nice one, I bought a bunch for my soon to be ex-smoker friends. The 0.5 ohm coils are better IMHO but the two I kept are topped with kayfun mini v3s and at 0.6 to 1.0 ohms they absolutely kick a$$. For a bigger mod, the Slice, there is a discount code for it too and the G2 is on sale for $64. All at vapor cube. Dotbox is made in the USA also, isn't it?:wave::sneaka:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He's not into vaping like we are - just needs a decent MTL upgrade from his current setup. No TC, etc.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it, he is not vape happy. In that case, the skillet will be fine. The 1.0 ohm coil is good, vapor pretty much like a Nautilus, the 0.5 ohm gives a richer, denser vape. The Kayfun mini v3 is much better and it is 19 mm diameter so it fits perfectly.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I sent his wife a link to the Kayfun, just in case. I mean, if you're gonna MTL, why not get top of the line? As far as mods go, I'm pretty sure he's all set with his iStick 30.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a quick note to those of us that like a tight MTL draw, the HBAFR (HillBilly AirFlow Reducer) works much better than I thunk it would, better than the SS mesh roll since you don't have to guesstimate how much mesh to use.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@CrazyChef
Both me and the wife have been using the skillet all afternoon/evening. Shes only MTL, been using the same nautilus mini for over a year now and she loves it. I put the 1 ohm coil in hers. I love mine as well but I have the .5 ohm coil in mine and have been switching back and forth between MTL and DL all day. I find, with the .5 coil and the airflow closed down that it's a bit too warm for my liking. It is a fantastic restricted DL draw tho. Definitely worth your friends time and small investment to give it a try

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on which nautilus coil.
The original coils were OK. But those Clapton coils are much better.
I was asking CD because his wife used/is using a Nautilus mini and now a Skillet. That would save me from looking for the Nautilus mini I still have. I am using 2 skillets but topped with Kayfun mini v3. I have gifted several people with Skillets and now I want to make sure they'll get the vape they need to stay off analogs. They said they'll start using the vape gear at the first of the new year so I want to have a couple of Kayfun minis on hand and make sure they stick to it.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was asking CD because his wife used/is using a Nautilus mini and now a Skillet. That would save me from looking for the Nautilus mini I still have. I am using 2 skillets but topped with Kayfun mini v3. I have gifted several people with Skillets and now I want to make sure they'll get the vape they need to stay off analogs. They said they'll start using the vape gear at the first of the new year so I want to have a couple of Kayfun minis on hand and make sure they stick to it.
I have and use a Nautilus Mini.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:vino:Well, my MTL brethren and sisthren, I have been toying with a couple of squonk setups! The rda's I received with the 2 mods (Kanger Dripbox 2 and Dripbox 160w) are anything but MTL even though the smaller holes on the outer cap are marked as MTL. Although these are not tanks the whole squonking idea appeals to me. I have a couple of other BF rda's on their way from China, so I'll let you know how that goes sometime next year, which reminds me:
Happy New Year!!!! one and all.:confetti::hearts::stars2:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
:vino:Well, my MTL brethren and sisthren, I have been toying with a couple of squonk setups! The rda's I received with the 2 mods (Kanger Dripbox 2 and Dripbox 160w) are anything but MTL even though the smaller holes on the outer cap are marked as MTL. Although these are not tanks the whole squonking idea appeals to me. I have a couple of other BF rda's on their way from China, so I'll let you know how that goes sometime next year, which reminds me:
Happy New Year!!!! one and all.:confetti:s::stars2:
Same to you!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got doggystyle today :xD:

This little tank actually really surprised me, really didn't think it would be anything special, only picked it up as so cheap, but it is a really good MTL atty.

Got my normal 1.5 ohm clapton coil on it, and was a bit of a tight fit, but got it in and the deck screws are a good size, so no problems catching the wire.

1st wick and having zero problems with dry hits or leaking, even MTL it is putting out some good vapor, and the flavor is really good.

I didn't realize the airflow was adjustable till I got, but even wide open, it is still a nice tight draw, I actually think you would like this tank @BrewBear, as can make the airflow really tight on it.

I only have 2 negatives with the tank, 1st being no top fill, not a major drawback for me, but still a big for some people, and 2nd is the tank being acrylic, so would have to watch what juice you use, but also got a chance of messing up the tank if cross thread it, and comes with no spare.

Do highly recommend it though for MTL vapors :)

VXrBdZ6.jpg

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually this was from 3fvape, 1st time I had something take this long from them, but guess to be expected at this time of year though.
I remember sharing the 3f one but just assumed FT on the time frame. This is true, it's about to get worse as well, Chinese New Year commin up

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for pointing it out, @Nailz, I was looking at it for a while, it is very much like the Calyx tank. I will have to revisit the ClodOne which I liked up until I dropped and broke the tank and the Calyx since I figured out how I was messing up the wicking. Right now I'm having fun with the Skillet and Kayfun mini v3.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CDroverNL , you were saying a while back that you're having fun with a Derringer rda if I remember it right. I just got a Kanger Dripbox 2 and a squnkified Derringer! It is great fun!, The battery doesn't last nearly as long as I would like, but the Kanger 160w lasts quite a bit longer so the Derringer will top that...maybe. Squonking could be a bit of fun.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am ordering a couple of Derringer v3s from FT since they can be squonkified easily. I should receive the Pico Squeeze in a couple of days and the Shift rda (bf) in a couple of ???? {it's coming from FT}.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@CDroverNL , you were saying a while back that you're having fun with a Derringer rda if I remember it right. I just got a Kanger Dripbox 2 and a squnkified Derringer! It is great fun!, The battery doesn't last nearly as long as I would like, but the Kanger 160w lasts quite a bit longer so the Derringer will top that...maybe. Squonking could be a bit of fun.
I used my derringer alot! I still haul it out every not and then and throw a build in it for a couple days

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only problem with the Derringer was that I had to keep on dripping. With the squonk, that's taken care of.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has the bf pin low enough that there is very little extra juice in the atty. I wasn't pleased with the weeping the regular Derringer did either but the squonk setup works beautifully.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once I get a few things in my list and a new small cheap dual 18650 mod for work, I may look into squanking

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got doggystyle today :xD:

This little tank actually really surprised me, really didn't think it would be anything special, only picked it up as so cheap, but it is a really good MTL atty.

Got my normal 1.5 ohm clapton coil on it, and was a bit of a tight fit, but got it in and the deck screws are a good size, so no problems catching the wire.

1st wick and having zero problems with dry hits or leaking, even MTL it is putting out some good vapor, and the flavor is really good.

I didn't realize the airflow was adjustable till I got, but even wide open, it is still a nice tight draw, I actually think you would like this tank @BrewBear, as can make the airflow really tight on it.

@Nailz I only have 2 negatives with the tank, 1st being no top fill, not a major drawback for me, but still a big for some people, and 2nd is the tank being acrylic, so would have to watch what juice you use, but also got a chance of messing up the tank if cross thread it, and comes with no spare.

Do highly recommend it though for MTL vapors :)

VXrBdZ6.jpg
All i have been using for about six months are Kayfun v5 clones.I just ordered one of these today along with a couple of spare acrylic tanks from 3fvape.I only mtl and the fact this tank is so simple along with only a couple of o rings sold me.Looking forward to trying it out.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All i have been using for about six months are Kayfun v5 clones.I just ordered one of these today along with a couple of spare acrylic tanks from 3fvape.I only mtl and the fact this tank is so simple along with only a couple of o rings sold me.Looking forward to trying it out.

Well been using it for 24 hours now, with 2 fill ups, and has not missed a beat, no dry hits, no flooding or gurgling after filling, and being so simple, not much to go wrong with it, think you will like it :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've playing with a Merlin mini atop a Pico Dual for the last couple of hours. I can honestly say, this time Augvape did the Merlin right. I'm using the smallest airflow restrictor and the draw is really tight, reminiscent of an analog. This is the first rta I found that could pull double duty for MTL and DL.

VU Sponsors