Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Prior to my spine surgery, I had plenty of days where I needed help just for getting out of bed. I have also had my moments when I was temporarily paralyzed from the waist down. I would never want to be permanently paralyzed. It will probably happen eventually, but I am enjoying my mobility while it lasts.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you talked to any naturopathic doctors?
Only online. The VA won't pay for them and, according to the ones I have talked to, there is no herb or natural treatment that can reverse the damage I have done to myself. The physical therapists have given me exercises that "might" slow things a bit and rebuild the muscles that are too weak to support this right now. I can slow (or maybe even stop) further deterioration with diet and exercise, but it cannot be reversed without physically moving the numerous vertebrae that are causing the problem (and there are dozens, but lumbar is the worst).
plenty of days where I needed help just for getting out of bed
So do I, nearly every day, but I am too damn stubborn to ask Lannie to sit me up straight, so I squirm around until I can do it myself. And I have to keep telling myself "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can" because there is no way in hell I am going to give up. I WILL keep on keepin' on.

Anyhow, today I mowed the dog yard, the south yard, the driveway verge, and the driveway itself (weeds growing through the gravel), filled the chicken bin (60# bag of wheat), put the coolers in the truck and made a shopping list for tomorrow. Nothing is going to stop this old phart. :p

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only online. The VA won't pay for them and, according to the ones I have talked to, there is no herb or natural treatment that can reverse the damage I have done to myself. The physical therapists have given me exercises that "might" slow things a bit and rebuild the muscles that are too weak to support this right now. I can slow (or maybe even stop) further deterioration with diet and exercise, but it cannot be reversed without physically moving the numerous vertebrae that are causing the problem (and there are dozens, but lumbar is the worst).

So do I, nearly every day, but I am too damn stubborn to ask Lannie to sit me up straight, so I squirm around until I can do it myself. And I have to keep telling myself "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can" because there is no way in hell I am going to give up. I WILL keep on keepin' on

Anyhow, today I mowed the dog yard, the south yard, the driveway verge, and the driveway itself (weeds growing through the gravel), filled the chicken bin (60# bag of wheat), put the coolers in the truck and made a shopping list for tomorrow. Nothing is going to stop this old phart. :p
Well you get a break from "work" tomorrow, driving all day, which is usually harder on the body than work.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really wouldn't mind driving 250 miles if it was someplace I had never been before (I love exploring). But I have done this route about 180 times already and it is damn boring. And all the stores I must shop at are the same old BS every month. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really wouldn't mind driving 250 miles if it was someplace I had never been before (I love exploring). But I have done this route about 180 times already and it is damn boring. And all the stores I must shop at are the same old BS every month. Sigh...
Yeah, I hear that. But ya gotta do what you gotta do......:(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered one of those Pod vaporizers today, figured it may come in handy with 45mg nic.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got 40 feet of 1/2" conduit stuffed with 12 guage Romex done and mounted at 7 feet high today, including going up to a security light mounted 12 feet up. I didn't bother counting how many times I went up and down ladders. I am happy my prescription Naproxen works well.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One of those new fangled Pod systems, which use nic salts....at high doses, so your not chain vaping something.

Need it for travels, it's about the size of a small magic marker to stick in the front pocket.
Never heard of such a device. But then, I don't travel by airplane (or any other form of public transportation), so my regular mod works just fine for me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of such a device. But then, I don't travel by airplane (or any other form of public transportation), so my regular mod works just fine for me.
Relatively new vape devices, haven't been out very long....Google vape pods, I'm sure there are millions of pages by now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My NEED for nic has dropped way off. I mix at 2ml 100mg nic per 120 ml. Somewhere under 3mg mix.
And I CAN go for 8 hours or so without a vape if I need to without any real stress like when I smoked.
DAMN isn't it break time yet?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My NEED for nic has dropped way off. I mix at 2ml 100mg nic per 120 ml. Somewhere under 3mg mix.
And I CAN go for 8 hours or so without a vape if I need to without any real stress like when I smoked.
DAMN isn't it break time yet?
Same here, but I thought I'd try it....since I'll be out of the country and there are NO vape shops where I'm heading. I wasn't even planning on bringing anything, my last trip I didn't even bring a single thing with me. Didn't vape for five days, didn't make any difference whatsoever. BUT, I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Somewhere under 3mg mix.
My ADV is currently at 3mg. The "occasional" vapes are anywhere from 12mg to 0mg and it doesn't seem to make any difference to me. While I am outside working, the mod is usually on the kitchen table and I don't miss it ... until I come inside and see it, then I want a quick suck.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ADV is currently at 3mg. The "occasional" vapes are anywhere from 12mg to 0mg and it doesn't seem to make any difference to me. While I am outside working, the mod is usually on the kitchen table and I don't miss it ... until I come inside and see it, then I want a quick suck.
I usually have a Pico Squeeze and wasp setup with me when outside working. Have belt clipped cell phone holder that works perfect for it.
Pockets and vapes do not work for me.
I will often have been outside working for 3-4 hours and not even think about taking a vape until i sit down for a break.
I used to take breaks to smoke now I vape when I take a break to rest my pore ol body some.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the heat we get, I can tolerate it for a couple hours at a time when working outside. When I come in, I suck down a glass of water, and then suck on my vape. I don't have a lot of shorts I can carry a vape on, and I seldom have pockets. In fact, on the clothes that do have pockets, I never put any mods in them, or anything other than money. Going out, I'll take one mod. During the summer, it's almost always either in the cup holder in my minivan, or in my purse.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nic slts are supposed to be tastelsss...so they say, guess I'll find out.

I know if I vaped 45mg regular nic, it would put me on the floor.
Tasteless? Maybe but I doubt it.
I just thought they were LOTS smoother than the same level of freebase nic.
The nic also hits you quicker, more like the old smoke a cig fast buz.
I think that is why the kids like em.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tasteless? Maybe but I doubt it.
I just thought they were LOTS smoother than the same level of freebase nic.
The nic also hits you quicker, more like the old smoke a cig fast buz.
I think that is why the kids like em.
Supposed to be tasteless nic....I'm sure it would give someone a buzz, but it's MTL vaping, you don't have to pretend your sucking on a naut-mini.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ate healthy breakfast. Oats. 1 cup of Quaker oats nucked in in the nukerwave with 1/3 stick of land o lakes butter and 3 spoons of sugar...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Am fixing to have my usual: An avocado, 2 small bananas, 1/4 cup of cacao, 1/4 cup beef bone broth well blended

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, folks, I know a bunch of hours have elapsed, but Lannie woke me up at 01:00 this morning because of the storm that was not in the forecast (I think she had fears of tornadoes). Continuous lightning, very high winds, hail the size of golf balls. That shit doesn't happen at our place... but, without question, this was an extremely severe thunderstorm. Looking out the window, I thought we were having a snowstorm the white shit was so thick, except it was bouncing around the driveway like ping pong balls. Later, when I was staring into my morning coffee before the shopping expedition, she gave a preliminary report on the garden... probably half the crop was destroyed by that hail. Damn! I should have built a stainless steel greenhouse...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, folks, I know a bunch of hours have elapsed, but Lannie woke me up at 01:00 this morning because of the storm that was not in the forecast (I think she had fears of tornadoes). Continuous lightning, very high winds, hail the size of golf balls. That shit doesn't happen at our place... but, without question, this was an extremely severe thunderstorm. Looking out the window, I thought we were having a snowstorm the white shit was so thick, except it was bouncing around the driveway like ping pong balls. Later, when I was staring into my morning coffee before the shopping expedition, she gave a preliminary report on the garden... probably half the crop was destroyed by that hail. Damn! I should have built a stainless steel greenhouse...
That's impossible for me to like. I'm sorry for your loss. Any damage to the roof? I'd be checking that shit out, quick.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn is right, never fails does it......

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any damage to the roof? I'd be checking that shit out, quick.
With exception of the 1910 homestead cabin, all buildings here have metal roofs. A few dents, but no real damage. I do have a leak (at pitch-change joint) in the house roof, but that has been going on for many years. We use buckets until I can afford to get it fixed.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quails destroyed my garden, nature destroyed yours. Hope the plants have time to heal, before it's snowing again.
Lannie's latest assessment is that the majority of the damage was to the tall weeds that we had not pulled out yet (thank gawd for me not being timely in my garden maintenance). Yes, some veggies were damaged, some destroyed. I hope the majority will recover. The squash leaves have holes in them a little over an inch in diameter, but because they were sufficiently large already, I expect them to just keep growing regardless of the damage.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In all my years living in Texas, I have always had metal roofs. Normally, we don't get hail larger than nickle size, and that won't make any dents. One summer, we got softball size hail, and everything leaked.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie's latest assessment is that the majority of the damage was to the tall weeds that we had not pulled out yet (thank gawd for me not being timely in my garden maintenance). Yes, some veggies were damaged, some destroyed. I hope the majority will recover. The squash leaves have holes in them a little over an inch in diameter, but because they were sufficiently large already, I expect them to just keep growing regardless of the damage.
You have a couple months, I suspect things will come together. Like you said, holes in squash leaves won't hurt anything. Hopefully everything recovers.

VU Sponsors