Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about we remove all warning labels from everything, then the bozos will all kill themselves and the rest of us will have a better place to live because they are gone?
And that's when the idiots that survive their stupidity get rich suing the makers of everything on Earth.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do not run while carrying these scissors.... :(
Just saw a TV commercial... wait, back up. My first grade teacher told everyone in class never to run while holding scissors... now the commercial: Pizza delivery. Moron is running all over town cutting ribbons with a six-foot pair of scissors... running... one good trip and he'd have those all the way through his stupid little body. So, was this commercial telling all the kids watching that their teacher is wrong? After all, how can the Pizza man be wrong?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you get a good look at that boat? I don't care how calm the lake might have been, that thing was such a design nightmare, I would never have gotten in it in the first place.
I have spent many many hours on the water. Was even in coast guard Auxillary in FL.
EVERYONE on my boat had a life jacket on.
If sittiing still maybe adults that could swim could take theirs off. But no short people and no one if boat was moving above an idle.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have spent many many hours on the water. Was even in coast guard Auxillary in FL.
EVERYONE on my boat had a life jacket on.
If sittiing still maybe adults that could swim could take theirs off. But no short people and no one if boat was moving above an idle.
I wonder how many on that boat drowned just because they were too stupid to exit. Most are fat enough to float on their own these days.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn fool would have drowned me if I had not had a life jacket on.
Was idling thru dock area and a guy fell from a docked houseboat and could not swim. so I went in and he would have drowned me if not for me having a good life jacket.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As stupid as people are, it will be a matter of time before we are required to wear a life jacket in our vehicles - in case the car goes into water. Think about how many drown in their own cars, when they try to drive through flooded streets.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Worked, ate - worked a lil more, nothing bizarre to speak of tonight....:rolleyes:
Went over to a neighboring rancher's place and got 600 pounds of wheat for the chickens and 18 old pallets (time to change out the old broken junk in our hay room), That was stacked (and strapped down) about 5 feet higher than the cab on my truck (beware the bumpy road). After unloading all that crap, I mowed the garden and the driveway. I doubt, even if we get rain tonight, that it will be more than a dribble, so we will water the garden tomorrow now that the weeds are short enough to find the sprinkler. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went over to a neighboring rancher's place and got 600 pounds of wheat for the chickens and 18 old pallets (time to change out the old broken junk in our hay room), That was stacked (and strapped down) about 5 feet higher than the cab on my truck (beware the bumpy road). After unloading all that crap, I mowed the garden and the driveway. I doubt, even if we get rain tonight, that it will be more than a dribble, so we will water the garden tomorrow now that the weeds are short enough to find the sprinkler. :)
Mow the driveway?...lol.....guess it's not getting much use.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mow the driveway?...lol.....guess it's not getting much use.....:teehee:
I think I mentioned some time ago that with all the rain we've been getting, there's so many weeds in the driveway, it's hard to find the gravel.
Switch hitting butterbeer and scotchcake all day, damn that is a flavorful combo.....!
Now there's a man after my own taste buds... o_O

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I mentioned some time ago that with all the rain we've been getting, there's so many weeds in the driveway, it's hard to find the gravel.

Now there's a man after my own taste buds... o_O
One squonker with scotchcake, the other with butterbeer.....can't put um down.....must of vaped 10ml today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Freeze bananas, use um in shakes, without milk.

50% banana, 50% frozen young Thai coconut meat, coconut water, one tablespoon of coconut butter, half a handful of pecans, dash nutmeg & cinnamon?....damn is that good.....:popcorn:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
d98047be1d2479376cfd5a5f493ed933.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TEXAS NATURE LESSON
Only in Texas... they raise 'em right there.

A young father in west central Texas watched his small daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was. Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes. Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground.

He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention. He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked.

"They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top?" she asked.

"A Daddy Longlegs," her father answered.

"So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question, he replied, "No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs."

The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then lifted her foot and stomped both spiders flat. "Well", she said, "that idiocy might be OK in California, but we're not having any of that bullshit in Texas!"

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TEXAS NATURE LESSON
Only in Texas... they raise 'em right there.

A young father in west central Texas watched his small daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was. Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes. Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground.

He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention. He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked.

"They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top?" she asked.

"A Daddy Longlegs," her father answered.

"So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question, he replied, "No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs."

The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then lifted her foot and stomped both spiders flat. "Well", she said, "that idiocy might be OK in California, but we're not having any of that bullshit in Texas!"
lol....Rich.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone have a nice day..?

All I can say is it was HOTTER than the hubs of hell here, but nothing new for summers in death valley.....:devil:

Think the last time I looked, it was 116.....:oops:...:cry:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it was hot here (not as hot as you were), but this nice thunderstorm passed through (most lightning was inner-cloud because we heard mega-thunders but only a couple flashes) and then the rain came.... tinkle tinkle splat stop. OK, just enough to cool us off but not enough to truly get wet. Maybe more later?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, it was hot here (not as hot as you were), but this nice thunderstorm passed through (most lightning was inner-cloud because we heard mega-thunders but only a couple flashes) and then the rain came.... tinkle tinkle splat stop. OK, just enough to cool us off but not enough to truly get wet. Maybe more later?
Same here, Rich....just a few drops....but I could see it was raining toward the south, which brought the humidity back again, along with the heat.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really need to find time for some seriously major weeding -- it looks more like a jungle than a garden. (imagine all the sound you get on the soundtrack of George of the Jungle and overlay our garden with it) After mowing it yesterday, I did locate a few of the plants we intended to be in there and they all appear to be making veggies and fruits. Few things are ripe yet, but they're getting there. Lannie posed a question, the answer to which I have not yet figured out (short of lying in the weeds with a pair of tweezers), but the bind weed has attacked the cucumber plants. Being extremely viney themselves, the cukes have, in turn, attacked the bind weed vines, so they are mutually wound around each other, so how do we get them apart?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really need to find time for some seriously major weeding -- it looks more like a jungle than a garden. (imagine all the sound you get on the soundtrack of George of the Jungle and overlay our garden with it) After mowing it yesterday, I did locate a few of the plants we intended to be in there and they all appear to be making veggies and fruits. Few things are ripe yet, but they're getting there. Lannie posed a question, the answer to which I have not yet figured out (short of lying in the weeds with a pair of tweezers), but the bind weed has attacked the cucumber plants. Being extremely viney themselves, the cukes have, in turn, attacked the bind weed vines, so they are mutually wound around each other, so how do we get them apart?
I guess... if you can tell the difference between the vines, cut the bindweed at the base, and let it die. A good snips should do the trick.

VU Sponsors