Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The though of puffball flavored juice crossed my mind. But, trying to get just the right amount of mint flavor into it could be a challenge.
The mushroom puffball thingys are edible I think. While they are still solid and not dried out and puff spores all over when you step on them.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The mushroom puffball thingys are edible I think. While they are still solid and not dried out and puff spores all over when you step on them.
The good ones are either white, cream colored, or slightly green when you cut into them. The green ones have a slight minty taste.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember that there numerous different uses for the 1) dandelion flower, 2) the leaf, and 3) the roots. And they are all good for you (for one purpose or another). This is one of the most prolific "weeds" on this planet, one that Big Pharma and Big Ag both want you to hate and make lots of commercials trying to sell you products to eradicate it. Doesn't that tell you something? I believe Gawd put it here for a purpose, so maybe we should all do a little research and pay attention.
It's a damn good weed. Like you said, every part is very nutritional....!

We don't have the pretty green dandelions like you do where it rains frequently, here they have small thorns, like everything else that grows here, but still work. I put um in smoothies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The dandelion roots are great source of selenium, if you can find a place they grow in which the soil is not completely depleted of minerals. Meaning, away from farmers who spray shit day and night on their plants, which leach into the surrounding soils, killing and destroying everything.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The dandelion roots are great source of selenium, if you can find a place they grow in which the soil is not completely depleted of minerals. Meaning, away from farmers who spray shit day and night on their plants, which leach into the surrounding soils, killing and destroying everything.
I have a strict rule on my property: no noxious chemicals -- it is one thing to lightly spray a cabbage plant to keep away bugs and a totally different story to flood a whole area with toxic killer chemicals. Not on my watch. Prolly why there are so many weeds here, but what IS still here is safely edible by all the animals (oh, and in case you guys forgot, humans ARE animals too). :)

Now I have to put my tired antique ass to bed. Yak at ya tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A tiny bit of weed pulling and a major amount of sweat (thanks to the cool breeze, I didn't pass out) while attempting to fork the shit out of one of the cow stalls. Puff pant... can hardly tell I did anything at all. Well, maybe tomorrow will make a bigger dent. Supposed to be even cooler...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A tiny bit of weed pulling and a major amount of sweat (thanks to the cool breeze, I didn't pass out) while attempting to fork the shit out of one of the cow stalls. Puff pant... can hardly tell I did anything at all. Well, maybe tomorrow will make a bigger dent. Supposed to be even cooler...
Those weeds will be the death of you.....:teehee:

Or the pitch fork, neither are fun to deal with

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The leaves will be pretty real soon, Bob....relish the 80's.....:wave:
supposed to stay in the low 80's thru the end of this month. Really strange? Maybe snow soon this year?
Yep enjoying it. When I get the trees cleaned up I am starting on my new porch construction. Should have my plans drawn up in a few days and know what I need to get to make it.
Think I will screen it in.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those weeds will be the death of you.....:teehee:
Or the pitch fork, neither are fun to deal with
The pitch fork is far worse on my back.... (anything that requires lifting is a killer)
Kinda like ramming a shovel in a ball of roots, it bounces off....I assume there is hay mixed in.
Perzactly. A shovel is OK if you are scooping up fresh shit off a smooth flat surface (like a smooth concrete floor). What typically happens around here is that the shit is in hay which was on an irregular dirt floor, and dries and hardens (we don't have the available manpower to clean every plop made every day all year - this happens only when time is available), so the fork is the only option. It also has pry-power (leverage). A shit shovel on this stuff would be nothing more than a waste of energy and nothing would get picked up.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The pitch fork is far worse on my back.... (anything that requires lifting is a killer)

Perzactly. A shovel is OK if you are scooping up fresh shit off a smooth flat surface (like a smooth concrete floor). What typically happens around here is that the shit is in hay which was on an irregular dirt floor, and dries and hardens (we don't have the available manpower to clean every plop made every day all year - this happens only when time is available), so the fork is the only option. It also has pry-power (leverage). A shit shovel on this stuff would be nothing more than a waste of energy and nothing would get picked up.
Now that makes sense. I worked on a dairy farm, where the cows were in steel stalls with concrete floors. Big difference.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's fer shure... :eek: With the FX4, I need a step ladder to get up to the top of the fender, then a crane to lower me back down to the spark plugs... at least with the riding mowers, I can just sit on the shop floor to cuss at those engines.

yeah we need a creeper to lay face down on that is suspended from a sky hook :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even with my 1.5" belt, my pants keep trying to slide off my ass. I am afraid I have entered the Old Age Portal where the next step is... (gawd forbid) SUSPENDERS!!! Arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.....

I hate suspenders.
My FIL wore suspenders and a belt.
Really insucure?

btw Jeans slide off my ass as well but the Dickies slacks do not.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even with my 1.5" belt, my pants keep trying to slide off my ass. I am afraid I have entered the Old Age Portal where the next step is... (gawd forbid) SUSPENDERS!!! Arrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.....
That's what happens when ya got naaa like Phillip. When ya got no ass at all, something besides a belt has to hold up your trousers.

VU Sponsors