Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see Florida talk... I just moved to florida a few months ago
Ahh just wait till May and June...

People in michigan and Florida just do opposite things.
Those in michigan hide inside in the winter and come out in the summer.
In Fl it is the other way around.

And the little skeeters just before dark....

do you know about fire ants yet?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, hope I am not too late showing up tonight. Yesterday I mentioned the blizzard, which was supposed to have started about 5 PM yesterday. The wind was here, but no snow, so I was hoping they blew the forecast. No, just very late. Snow started about noon today. Snow with visibility of barely over 100 yards, winds 40-45 with gusts over 60 mph and, here it is almost 9PM and it is still howling out there. Luckily (so far) the electricity has just flickered a hundred times but not gone out completely. Doing chores in this shit is really hard - just getting to the barns is hard enough, but then everybody has to be fed inside (the hay would immediately move to Nebraska if I put it in the open corral). But, luckily, everyone is still alive and will suffer through it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, hope I am not too late showing up tonight. Yesterday I mentioned the blizzard, which was supposed to have started about 5 PM yesterday. The wind was here, but no snow, so I was hoping they blew the forecast. No, just very late. Snow started about noon today. Snow with visibility of barely over 100 yards, winds 40-45 with gusts over 60 mph and, here it is almost 9PM and it is still howling out there. Luckily (so far) the electricity has just flickered a hundred times but not gone out completely. Doing chores in this shit is really hard - just getting to the barns is hard enough, but then everybody has to be fed inside (the hay would immediately move to Nebraska if I put it in the open corral). But, luckily, everyone is still alive and will suffer through it.

Hopefully you guys won't suffer too much

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dale could ship you a box of Arizona heat?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like your critters might appreciate that too
The problem with that is the grass-to-animal ratio. Here, I can have one cow per acre and feed them on that grass half a year before I have to put them on hay (hard to eat grass when it is covered in snow). In Arizona, as an average, you need 50 acres per cow (free range un-irrigated grass being very sparse) and you cannot allow a dairy cow to wander that far from the milking barn, so they'd have to be on hay all year, and good hay down there costs 3-5 times as much as up here. Obviously, it would be way too expensive to try to run a mom-and-pop zero ROI operation there. Not that you really wanted to hear this crap...
Hi Jimi!

VU Sponsors