Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're at 84%rh right now, with severe thunderstorm watches lasting thru the next 3 days. Fortunately, the garden is going well enough, we might hope for some harvesting before we get to 110°.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sagent Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60mg/2mL (30mg per mL) Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance

May 1, 2019 -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the voluntary nationwide recall of one lot of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60mg/2mL (30mg per mL). This product was manufactured by Zydus (Cadila Healthcare Limited) and distributed by Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Guess where? Cadila is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sagent Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60mg/2mL (30mg per mL) Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance

May 1, 2019 -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the voluntary nationwide recall of one lot of Ketorolac Tromethamine Injection, USP, 60mg/2mL (30mg per mL). This product was manufactured by Zydus (Cadila Healthcare Limited) and distributed by Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Guess where? Cadila is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India
Never would have guessed....slave labor making medical products in a less than sterile environment. Prolly goats walking around in the manufacturing facility.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really dislike asking, (but)....did it snow again?
When Lannie rolled my tired old ass out of bed, the whole world was white again. She said there was 2.5" on the ground and it kept snowing until just after noon, then scattered showers of rain/snow mixed. Sometime late after noon, I think I actually saw some sunshine and all the snow melted into big muddy puddles.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When Lannie rolled my tired old ass out of bed, the whole world was white again. She said there was 2.5" on the ground and it kept snowing until just after noon, then scattered showers of rain/snow mixed. Sometime late after noon, I think I actually saw some sunshine and all the snow melted into big muddy puddles.
Man, that is just incredible. Just looked at your 10-day guess....freaking temps aren't warm enough for even onions....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was just beautiful here today, not sure what the temp was but no need for cooling. Man I wish it was like this everyday. Hope the global cooling hangs in there (down here anyway)....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
At least the implication is an upward trend. Hey, just think, in about three months, I'm gonna be bitching about the 100+ days... ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope it arrives sooner than later. The way time seems to fly lately, it'll be winter again before we know it.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Such a lovely day. We had lightning strike a tree in our front yard. It stripped bark off the tree, and threw iris bulbs across the lawn.
5ee0c5ca2dd397152101d818dc3fb1e9.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We hope it lives. We just can't keep the damn beetles away from it with that kind of damage. If it dies, Phillip will cut it down, and we'll put another tree in its place.
Prolly too much damage to paint the damaged areas with pruning sealer?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We had lightning strike a tree in our front yard. It stripped bark off the tree
Sorry you had to put up with that. Our trees get hit quite often, usually just blowing a big limb off but sometime splitting all the way down the trunk. You should have been here the year after we moved in when lightning hit the roof of our house. I was standing in the doorway and it knocked me on my ass. Lightning came down the vent pipe on the roof (metal pipe), jumped to the freezer that was near it, blew all the breakers in the house and toasted several appliances (TV, phone answering machine, freezer, etc.). Several light bulbs literally exploded. Not fun at all...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry you had to put up with that. Our trees get hit quite often, usually just blowing a big limb off but sometime splitting all the way down the trunk. You should have been here the year after we moved in when lightning hit the roof of our house. I was standing in the doorway and it knocked me on my ass. Lightning came down the vent pipe on the roof (metal pipe), jumped to the freezer that was near it, blew all the breakers in the house and toasted several appliances (TV, phone answering machine, freezer, etc.). Several light bulbs literally exploded. Not fun at all...
Got the place all bonded and grounded now?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got the place all bonded and grounded now?
That happened within days of me finding out that anyone would be stupid enough to install a metal roof on any building and NOT ground the damn thing. This is why when the lightning hit the roof, it traveled down the nearest semi-grounded object, which was that vent pipe, but it jumped to the back of the freezer, which was touching the pipe, before the juice could reach the ground. The previous owner of this place was major dumb in many areas... and no, it was never inspected before the sale or it would never have been approved.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see a lot of crazy shit here in the summer when we have those nasty thunderstorms.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was always kinda mixed on thoughts about lightning rods on a house....
Kinda thought they might attract lighting to hit?
But my porch will have a metal roof and it will be grounded with 2/0 alum wire to a ground rod at the opposite end of the house from the power ground rod :)
Why the opposite end of the house?
Because as I say lightning can pretty much do whatever it wants.
Earth grounds do not meg out well around here due to slate rock a foot or so below the surface.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perzactly. I have never ever seen a home surge suppressor that can deflect MILLIONS of volts.
I have seen them literally exploded.
I have enough surge suppressors in my home that if a major spike comes in it will trip breakers.
But the connected electronics survives.

the more surge suppressors you have plugged in the better protected you are even if you have nothing plugged into the surge suppressors due to your home wiring being a big parallel circuit or 2 parallel circuits depending on how you look at it :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was always kinda mixed on thoughts about lightning rods on a house...
I never put up an attractant sticking above the roof, but ran a wire across the roof panels, attaching at each panel, then down the side of the house to a ground stake pounded about three feet into the ground. I am using 2-ought (2/0) as well, but mine is copper.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never put up an attractant sticking above the roof, but ran a wire across the roof panels, attaching at each panel, then down the side of the house to a ground stake pounded about three feet into the ground. I am using 2-ought (2/0) as well, but mine is copper.
Copper is better but i figure since I have the alum wire and copper is expensive...
Just goop the connectors with no ox really well and should be fine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This came in this afternoon and is supposed to last a couple of days?

Rounds of strong to severe thunderstorms continue to roll across the region through the evening. Some of these storms may contain damaging winds and large hail.

In addition to the severe threat, heavy rains are a good bet for many areas. This may cause some local high water issues to develop.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This came in this afternoon and is supposed to last a couple of days?

Rounds of strong to severe thunderstorms continue to roll across the region through the evening. Some of these storms may contain damaging winds and large hail.

In addition to the severe threat, heavy rains are a good bet for many areas. This may cause some local high water issues to develop.
Rich sent the weather south?

Was decent here today, little overcast but not warm......hoping the global cooling hangs in there as long as possible.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get more rain today, Rich?
Or did you get some of that eluding sunshine?
Mostly to partly cloudy, light "breeze" (remember they use that word here for anything under 30 mph, but it was only 10-15), temp hit about 60, showers visible in the area but not right on top of us. Baby chicks actually got to go outside. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mostly to partly cloudy, light "breeze" (remember they use that word here for anything under 30 mph, but it was only 10-15), temp hit about 60, showers visible in the area but not right on top of us. Baby chicks actually got to go outside. :)
Still a muddy mess or is it drying up?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to have a good stash of big copper wire.
Wife Units pill head cousin stole it several years ago and sold for scrap.
he prolly got maybe $50 for 5-700 $ worth of wire...
In no uncertain terms I told him if I ever saw him on my property again he had better be good at dodging bullets.
Have not seen him since but have heard of his other dubious exploits and jail time, etc.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1.4 inches of the wet stuff today, which pales in comparison to the 3.4 we got in one day last week. Sure, we can use the rain... just not the extreme wind, hail, and lightning.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to go mow wife units friends yard today.
I am kinda dog sick, fever, raw sore throat and head stuffed and hurts. But with several days of rain forecast and it already needing mowing.
Have to use walk behind mower due to 36" gate about 100X200 area. And I have to haul my mowing stuff 16 miles or so to get there.

Amazing how when we retire and try to lower our working requirements due to getting more decrepit physically that others come up with more work for us...

This is actually my worst cold or whatever it is since I quit smoking over 4 years ago.
Only had maybe 2 minor colds outside of this.

And I expect that I will have to take the SIL somewhere tomorrow....

VU Sponsors