Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You get anything accomplished today, Rich?

Looked at the guessing prior to logging on....looks like more rain in your neck-o-dah-woods... :cry:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You get anything accomplished today, Rich?
Yeah. Because the Wx Guessers say it will rain here for the next four days, I mowed the dog yard (about an acre), which produced a few bruises and a couple more cuts (short sleeves and tough limbs that I got too close to). I really need to get out there and do some serious pruning. I also shoveled up about three wheelbarrows of gravel and dirt from various yards (dumped there when moving snow) and used it to fill low spots in the driveway and cure a rotting lumber problem on the shop porch.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. Because the Wx Guessers say it will rain here for the next four days, I mowed the dog yard (about an acre), which produced a few bruises and a couple more cuts (short sleeves and tough limbs that I got too close to). I really need to get out there and do some serious pruning. I also shoveled up about three wheelbarrows of gravel and dirt from various yards (dumped there when moving snow) and used it to fill low spots in the driveway and cure a rotting lumber problem on the shop porch.
Nonetheless....sounds like a productive day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had some nit-wit call at 5:00 AM asking about a building in Phoenix....guess he forgot we're in a different time zone. I couldn't go back to sleep, it's been a long day.....:zombie:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Had some nit-wit call at 5:00 AM asking about a building in Phoenix....guess he forgot we're in a different time zone. I couldn't go back to sleep, it's been a long day.....:zombie:

What a nightmare

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nonetheless....sounds like a productive day.
Considering how totally wasted this body feels tonight, it was either a very productive day or I am just too fucking old to do a decent day's work... :rolleyes:

Lannie emptied, cleaned, and refilled two troughs all by her lonesome today (and dragged the horse trough outside) while I was occupied with the above-mentioned stuff, then came in and made dinner. She needs some pain pills now too.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have to get the hell out of here...heading south again for a couple weeks....my patience is running at an all time low....:tantrum:

Life is too short buddy, take some time off and enjoy what you already have

We've lost so many friends and family our age or younger the past few years, shit, my husband had a cousin drop dead a couple of days ago out of nowhere

Feeling more and more it's time to stop the rat race and savor what I have and call it good

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, will you be checking in here while you're in Ecuador?
Not often, if I say at my place the internet is spotty. When I'm at the GF house we have cable. They are supposed to be installing cable in near me, but it won't happen this year.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Life is too short buddy, take some time off and enjoy what you already have

We've lost so many friends and family our age or younger the past few years, shit, my husband had a cousin drop dead a couple of days ago out of nowhere

Feeling more and more it's time to stop the rat race and savor what I have and call it good
I hear that. Just found out my uncle who just sold his dental business last year has cancer now....unbelievable.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think you know the gig, Juice....you work with the general public too...correct?

Yep, and it's gotten terrible the past 10 years with cell phones and what have you - it seems people believe they have a right to take a piece of you 24/7 for even the most trivial matters

Public, public employees and government red tape - my consulting contract for the business I sold ends in July it can't come soon enough for me

I emptied out my office a few months ago and have had to set serious boundaries about my obligation to the company

I'd rather be poorer than waste any more of my life dealing with other people's problems

Once we move in Sept - and we are finally really seriously certainly doing it - I plan to never make another commitment or fulfill an obligation that requires me to wear anything more than a bathrobe

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, and it's gotten terrible the past 10 years with cell phones and what have you - it seems people believe they have a right to take a piece of you 24/7 for even the most trivial matters

Public, public employees and government red tape - my consulting contract for the business I sold ends in July it can't come soon enough for me

I emptied out my office a few months ago and have had to set serious boundaries about my obligation to the company

I'd rather be poorer than waste any more of my life dealing with other people's problems

Once we move in Sept - and we are finally really seriously certainly doing it - I plan to never make another commitment or fulfill an obligation that requires me to wear anything more than a bathrobe
Bathrobe.....lmao.......:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I inspected a building for a lady from the big island a couple weeks ago...she told me she sold her 1200 sf home for $625,000....damn that's a hell of a price for a tiny home...I'd go with a Yurt too.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You really building a Yurt...Juice?

DIY aircrete (not the commercial brand) dome

Until then, the little shack we call a house is more than adequate, we lived in it off grid for three weeks and it went very well, way better than we expected

It needs a lot of work, but we did a lot while we were there, nothing we can't handle or take as much time as we need to repair

The composting toilet design worked right out of the shoot (I built three of them in my own bathroom here in Alaska to test out the past year) to perfect the technique

Mr. J was totally against the concept, until we got there, and he insisted on using the outhouse, while I comfortably went in the house. Now he is completely on board with it

Will have to wait to set up the biomass gas generator, but I have high hopes

Solar power went better than expected too

Gotta go pholks....have a good one Rich, Juice, Bob....

Sleep well - if the phone will let you :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DIY aircrete (not the commercial brand) dome

Until then, the little shack we call a house is more than adequate, we lived in it off grid for three weeks and it went very well, way better than we expected

It needs a lot of work, but we did a lot while we were there, nothing we can't handle or take as much time as we need to repair

The composting toilet design worked right out of the shoot (I built three of them in my own bathroom here in Alaska to test out the past year) to perfect the technique

Mr. J was totally against the concept, until we got there, and he insisted on using the outhouse, while I comfortably went in the house. Now he is completely on board with it

Will have to wait to set up the biomass gas generator, but I have high hopes

Solar power went better than expected too

Sleep well - if the phone will let you :)
Sounds like a winner. I'd be interested how the house turns out. I'll bet just fine. That shotcrete should keep a good comfortable atmosphere inside.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Shut UP! You got to sleep all the way until FIVE? :eek:

You know, I remember back in the bad ol' days when I worked an 8 to 5 job, and dragged myself out of bed every morning at 6:00 am, I'd think, "How I wish I could retire, so I didn't have to get up at 6:00 every morning." And then I retired, and now I get up at 4:00 every morning. :p

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aha! So there are people still alive on this thread! Hi guys. Only here for a few minutes before I fall off this chair and pass out.
Long day, Rich?

Just finished laundry after working all day. I had to wash-dry my WORK clothes, cuz that's all I've worn the last couple months, everyday......:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. It lasted a whole 24 hours! :)
Well, really, what made it a pain in the ass is that it is raining and has been all day. Currently 34 degrees (is winter really gone yet?) and the high was only 40.
I looked at the forecast earlier, looks like not much is changing in the next ten days....perhaps a slight warming pattern, but not much. Hope the guessing is wrong.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ummmm... excuse me, but aren't ALL clothes work clothes? Maybe I have just forgot that once upon a time I owned something that only got worn on special occasions, whatever that might be...
No no no no no....I have a nice pair of pants and a shirt that still fits....I think anyway. Haven't worn them in years, but I haven't gained or lost any weight, just giving myself the benefit of the doubt.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ummmm... excuse me, but aren't ALL clothes work clothes? Maybe I have just forgot that once upon a time I owned something that only got worn on special occasions, whatever that might be... :rolleyes:

Nope, are those plastic Croc shoes work shoes?
Would you clean up those branches in flip flops and shorts.

The proper clothing to suit the activity.
Although I have water skied in jeans.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Can be - we decided after much contemplation and experimentation that crocs are likely the best footwear to work on our property - but weren't brave enough to actually purchase any as of yet, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if they have steel toe crocs for construction workers?

LMAO
I googled and they do!
hoomans....

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Would you clean up those branches in flip flops and shorts.
I guess I just don't fit with the "city boy mentality" (which includes urban and suburbanites). I do not own plastic shoes or flip flops and shorts... no, not even steel-toed crocs. All my shoes and clothes are practical and can be worn to shovel shit OR drive to town for shopping. No, obviously, I do not dress like the average Walmart shopper - I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that shit.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And speaking of shit... it is May 6th and the world is totally white again. 32 degrees when I got up and huge (GIANT!) heavy wet snowflakes falling... looked like a Christmas movie or one of those fake automated Christmas cards you can send on the internet. So thick the visibility was about 50 yards. Lannie measured it on the way back from morning chores and we had 4" and it is still coming down like crazy. After yesterday's rain, we were so soaked (and had lots of puddles) that I would not have expected the snow to stick, but here we are, back in that "Winter Wonderland."

I hope it warms up and melts soon, because I have no Bobcat to move it with now...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors