Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rip Tripper couldn't make a decent mesh build if you put a gun to his head, that idiot was wrapping mesh wicks with rolling papers at one point.

Rip Trippers having rolling papers in his possession?

Kinda explains a lot about his reviews:giggle::devil:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Possibly this?

Drinking Reindeer Urine to get a high similar to LSD

Santa flies highCoca-Cola’s advertising campaign in the 1930s may have solidified Santa’s image as the jolly rotund guy we know today, but Santa’s true origins stem from the traditions of the pee-drinking reindeer herders of Northern Europe. Reindeers are fond of eating fly agaric mushrooms (Amanita muscaria), the red-and-white toadstools often associated with Christmas, because they contain compounds that are hallucinogenic and euphoric. Reindeer digestive systems are able to metabolize the more poisonous components of the toadstool, leaving urine with the psychoactive elements of the mushroom intact.

The Sami people of Northern Europe would regularly feed fly agaric to reindeers and collect their urine to get a high similar to LSD. Under the hallucinogenic effects of reindeer piss, the Sami thought their reindeer were flying through space.

It would explain a lot!

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scottish roll is just another hype:

Thats because most dont know it correctly , when its done right them wicks hold tons of juice , especially when in an RDA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

One pad cut in 2
1 part with outer taken off
Then spread out thinnly , thinner better , more loose fibers more Air Pockets
That hold more juice within

Loosely rolled up , soaks up lot more juice uses less cotton
but similar thickness to more with more airy it judt holds more juices wicks faster.

Most just roll a fat pieces an call it scottish roll ,

Where as Scottish roll ups ie Burn in Scotland uses about half of the baccy of normal rollups , more smokes less used stingy Scots lol ,
911ec038a17132194a7967e22a0788d9.jpg
19748c96a42d954dc14da93c7897fc51.jpg
ed12198163ff0a4b67329a24b4fec4bf.jpg
2480c4df4303c6ae93222a4ded91c2fc.jpg

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only reviewers I trust are -
  • Vaping Bogan
  • Vaping Biker
Neither of them will take money from Manufacturers and IMO very honest

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
yeah the spend more than you have season will be quickly upon us.

Getting the old wish list together for a merry christmas to me

Last Black Friday was flipping awesome for vaping!!!

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say bullshit, Scottish Roll was a game changer for me.

It works if done correctly
Agree , most as i said dont even know the correct way so just think its rolling.

Rip Actually did it Right compared to a lot of others spreading incorrect info about Scottish roll they seem of of totally missed the point.

Even though Rip could of spread it out even more.
Hes one if few ive seen do it right,

Where as UK version spreads it out thinner ( thinner the better) it works it holds more juices, it wicks fasters
its like when you fluffed out wick tails after building,

This is that but through the whole wick lenght.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sami people of Northern Europe would regularly feed fly agaric to reindeers and collect their urine to get a high similar to LSD.

You really have to wonder why someone at some point didn't t suggest "Hey, you know what? Why don't we skip the reindeer and eat the shrooms ourselves?"
Or maybe piss-drinking is a thing there...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree , most as i said dont even know the correct way so just think its rolling.

Rip Actually did it Right compared to a lot of others spreading incorrect info about Scottish roll they seem of of totally missed the point.

Even though Rip could of spread it out even more.
Hes one if few ive seen do it right,

Where as UK version spreads it out thinner ( thinner the better) it works it holds more juices, it wicks fasters
its like when you fluffed out wick tails after building,

This is that but through the whole wick lenght.

Yeah I did it this way for a long time. I still mostly do the Scottish Roll with a little variation of thinning the tails a bit. It doesn't hold as much juice but I like the way it performs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I did it this way for a long time. I still mostly do the Scottish Roll with a little variation of thinning the tails a bit. It doesn't hold as much juice but I like the way it performs.

When I use the cotton pads, I definitely Scottish roll. I can usually wick at least 4 coils with one pad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use the cotton pads, I definitely Scottish roll. I can usually wick at least 4 coils with one pad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
That's what I love about using pads and Koh gen Do is my favorite, the Scottish Roll. The long fibers, fluffiness of Koh gen Do and ease of use which IMO Cotton Bacon and the like can't match.

Plus the entire ritual I really, really enjoy.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thats because most dont know it correctly , when its done right them wicks hold tons of juice , especially when in an RDA

One pad cut in 2
1 part with outer taken off
Then spread out thinnly , thinner better , more loose fibers more Air Pockets
That hold more juice within

Loosely rolled up , soaks up lot more juice uses less cotton
but similar thickness to more with more airy it judt holds more juices wicks faster.

Most just roll a fat pieces an call it scottish roll ,

Where as Scottish roll ups ie Burn in Scotland uses about half of the baccy of normal rollups , more smokes less used stingy Scots lol ,
911ec038a17132194a7967e22a0788d9.jpg
19748c96a42d954dc14da93c7897fc51.jpg
ed12198163ff0a4b67329a24b4fec4bf.jpg
2480c4df4303c6ae93222a4ded91c2fc.jpg
The video I linked already proves you don't need the Scottish roll for them to hold a ton of juice... so it's a stupid myth.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I say bullshit, Scottish Roll was a game changer for me.

It works if done correctly
But how would you know? You haven't actually tried the sushi roll to compare it to the Scottish roll, have you?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In fact you don't even need to use any pads, either. I use my own method that's just a variation of both the sushi roll and David's method, the latter of which was posted on YouTube long before Rip Flippers posted his about the Scottish roll:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Scottish roll", or how to make something really simple appear really complicated. Sheesh...

I never do any of that bullshit when I cotton up my atomizers, and yet they all wick fine. Talk about vaping pedantry.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Scottish roll", or how to make something really simple appear really complicated. Sheesh...

I never do any of that bullshit when I cotton up my atomizers, and yet they all wick fine. Talk about vaping pedantry.
But if you vaped at 250 watts :)

Bwahahaha

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Of course 90% of just basic methods wick fine for basic atomisers , its the more difficult ones to help improve it,

Most of my tanks work just fine with any method

But theres certain ones that benefit from going that extra length in prep ,

And the first video you linked one is better than other
was just basic rolling a cotton pad so how the claim one is better than the other is just phhh when no actual method was shown

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The video I linked already proves you don't need the Scottish roll for them to hold a ton of juice... so it's a stupid myth.

How is it a myth? It's not a chupacabra. Our experiences are that we like the Scottish roll and that it wicks well for us. How are our experiences myths? It's a myth that it works well when done right and holds a lot of juice? We're not saying it's the best way ever in the whole wide world to use.

And btw, I have indeed tried the "sushi roll" and yet I still prefer the Scottish roll.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's what I love about using pads and Koh gen Do is my favorite, the Scottish Roll. The long fibers, fluffiness of Koh gen Do and ease of use which IMO Cotton Bacon and the like can't match.

Plus the entire ritual I really, really enjoy.

It is pretty zen, isn't it? :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How is it a myth? It's not a chupacabra. Our experiences are that we like the Scottish roll and that it wicks well for us. How are our experiences myths? It's a myth that it works well when done right and holds a lot of juice? We're not saying it's the best way ever in the whole wide world to use.

And btw, I have indeed tried the "sushi roll" and yet I still prefer the Scottish roll.
You speak of "done right", but what makes you think that when you tried the sushi roll it was done right? l already know you're not saying the Scottish roll is the best, but personally, I, prefer to use Native Wicks Platinum Blend.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You speak of "done right", but what makes you think that when you tried the sushi roll it was done right? l already know you're not saying the Scottish roll is the best, but personally, I, prefer to use Native Wicks Platinum Blend.

I have no idea if I "done right" the sushi roll. I followed the directions and it looked the same as in the video. I'm just saying that I personally prefer the Scottish Roll. As with almost everything involved with vaping, YMMV.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea if I "done right" the sushi roll. I followed the directions and it looked the same as in the video. I'm just saying that I personally prefer the Scottish Roll. As with almost everything involved with vaping, YMMV.
Well if you like it better then I'm not going to debate that. Instead, I have shown you proof that an average, much simpler method can hold just as much juice so I have still debunked the myth of "it holds more juice than an average method" regardless of whether you like it better, and, that was my point.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well if you like it better then I'm not going to debate that. Instead, I have shown you proof that an average, much simpler method can hold just as much juice so I have still debunked the myth of "it holds more juice than an average method" regardless of whether you like it better, and, that was my point.

Again, not a myth. Merely YMMV.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again, not a myth. Merely YMMV.
Yep, what works best for me is the Scottish Roll, plus I've shown a number of people the same method and all of them swear by it also.

The so called "Sushi Roll", personally I don't see any method there. It's just cut, fold and stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use Salon coil cotton. No roll needed.

works great.
I re-wick once a week just cause.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On reviewers and such...
Just looke at my You tube subscriptions.
Vaping biker.
Todd
V1ck
Ideal Ohm Show
Vaping with Vic.

That is is for vape related channels.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, what works best for me is the Scottish Roll, plus I've shown a number of people the same method and all of them swear by it also.

The so called "Sushi Roll", personally I don't see any method there. It's just cut, fold and stuff.
That's precisely my point. No method, and, despite that, it holds just as much juice... meaning, Rip Flippers' claim of "it holds more juice than an average method" was just a myth, and, again... this has jack nothing to do with whatever it is you prefer. It just shows Rip Flippers was talking out of his ass when he made that particular claim. It's a proven fact. This fact is just one of those clear examples of why my opinions on YouTubers are what they are. I don't like watching someone talk out of his ass. Do you?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's precisely my point. No method, and, despite that, it holds just as much juice... meaning, Rip Flippers' claim of "it holds more juice than an average method" was just a myth, and, again... this has jack nothing to do with whatever it is you prefer. It just shows Rip Flippers was talking out of his ass when he made that particular claim. It's a proven fact. This fact is just one of those clear examples of why my opinions on YouTubers are what they are. I don't like watching someone talk out of his ass. Do you?

I'm pretty sure that Tripper is congenitally incapable of talking any other way. ;)

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scottish Roll "is" a method, myself and many others use it because it does work and work very, very well. That my friend is not a myth, fact is it's about the farthest you away you can get from being a myth.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scottish Roll "is" a method, myself and many others use it because it does work and work very, very well. That my friend is not a myth, fact is it's about the farthest you away you can get from being a myth.
I think the myth may be that is the best wicking method.

Kinda like canned wines, they do exist but are they the best?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
listening to you pillow stuffers bicker about this stuff reminds me of us mesh heads who have the same sorts of discussions about how to build the best mesh wick....which size of mesh to use how to roll it one wick or two,L wick or straw wick.ect. guys talking about science of capillary action,tests run results gathered...but it depends on so many variables...size of coils,PG/VG ratios,airflow,atty design, how many watts you vape at, are you a chain vaper.ect.....that in the end I tell the new guys listen to what everybody has to offer but, you have to experiment and see what works best for you on each atty you use.Your experimentation is more valubale than advice.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll try to re-re-re-explain. Scottish Roll is a method. Sushi Roll is not. Both are holding the same amount of juice. Ergo, "Scottish Roll holds more juice than an average method" is bullshit. That my friend is a fact. To prefer the Scottish Roll does not change this fact. To NOT prefer the Scottish Roll does not change this fact either. Facts are facts regardless of someone's preferences (including your own preferences and mine). The proof that it isn't holding more juice than an average method is in the video that I linked... in fact the Scottish Roll can't even hold more juice than that which you are calling "no method" so it CERTAINLY can't hold more juice than an "average method". So I don't know what you must be getting at. You have stated your preference. I get that you stated it. I will not debate this any further. That's just because I wasn't trying to debate anyone's preferences. I hope this clears up a few things.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't always use the scottish roll method but it does seem to help for the ammit. I get dry hits like fuck on that thing unless I fluff out the cotton and roll it back up. The flavor's good on it but after all the geekvape hype I'm not overly impressed. Doesn't seem as necessary with other rta's, rda's or rdta's I've used. I don't think it's a matter of the multiple layers of rolling it, more to do with fluffing out the cotton. I don't get all anal about cutting off the edges of it I just spread it out and roll it back up. Seems to work.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'll try to re-re-re-explain. Scottish Roll is a method. Sushi Roll is not. Both are holding the same amount of juice. Ergo, "Scottish Roll holds more juice than an average method" is bullshit. That my friend is a fact. To prefer the Scottish Roll does not change this fact. To NOT prefer the Scottish Roll does not change this fact either. Facts are facts regardless of someone's preferences (including your own preferences and mine). The proof that it isn't holding more juice than an average method is in the video that I linked... in fact the Scottish Roll can't even hold more juice than that which you are calling "no method" so it CERTAINLY can't hold more juice than an "average method". So I don't know what you must be getting at. You have stated your preference. I get that you stated it. I will not debate this any further. That's just because I wasn't trying to debate anyone's preferences. I hope this clears up a few things.
I think the problem is your trying to prove rip wrong and no one else realizes that (Or cares that rip made a video). Also you have to think about when that video was made. I mean wicking large amounts of cotton was still kinda new wasnt it? Plus I honestly think the "Scottish roll does hold more juice then most other wicks imo. Not because rip made a video about it but just because it allows you to get more cotton and fluff then you normally would itty of that same amount of cotton.
I really think everyone's debating the wrong thing anyways though... I mean shouldn't we be discussing why it wasn't called the tootsie roll? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Unless you have measured the actual amount of liquid each type of wicking holds, you can't really say for certain whether or not it's a fact. At least not credibly. :p

VU Sponsors