Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I said I was not ordering ANYTHING ELSE from China.

Now I see that 3F has a clone of Todd's Haar RTA for pre-order.

Might be now or never.

Kinda makes me think again.

Opinions, anyone?
Somebody here just ordered from 3F and it took normal amount of time, but they used a specific shipping method, not DHL either. I can't remember who now.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Somebody here just ordered from 3F and it took normal amount of time, but they used a specific shipping method, not DHL either. I can't remember who now.

It's express, my last order I got this week, took 12 days using the express shipping option.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I went ahead and ordered the Haar clone from FT. Supposed to ship on 8-15. I used the USPS Expedited Service, which has been really good for me the past two or three orders.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Went to check tracking on Siam drip tip that I ordered from the UK.

It's in San Francisco.

I live near the East Coast of the US.

Now HOW THE HELL does that make any sense at all?

I just need to go ahead and make a circle on my wall to indicate the spot where I'm supposed to just bang my head over all the shit these days that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. Maybe I'll knock myself unconscious.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Insider info. I have a buddy who's wife delivers mail. She makes $2100 every 2 weeks. She's been there 12 years. They make a good chunk and still fuck up. ?‍♂️

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to check tracking on Siam drip tip that I ordered from the UK.

It's in San Francisco.

I live near the East Coast of the US.

Now HOW THE HELL does that make any sense at all?

I just need to go ahead and make a circle on my wall to indicate the spot where I'm supposed to just bang my head over all the shit these days that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. Maybe I'll knock myself unconscious.
I think there's a mutation of the corona virus that only shipping company employees worldwide are susceptible to. It attacks the geography centers of the brain rendering them incapable of discerning direction or location.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think there's a mutation of the corona virus that only shipping company employees worldwide are susceptible to. It attacks the geography centers of the brain rendering them incapable of discerning direction or location.

I might as well laugh. It does just as much good as anything else. :gaah:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coming from France.

Hoping that it at least hits Aussie customs soon, since it is over tax free threshold, and I will need to pay something. But I don't know what yet.

b8eb963d23f7945bf51c5cddb370e768.jpg

d2d7265548eb29181bbee0eab363d1d0.jpg

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I'll rejoin the queue in here since I made a pre-order through 3Fvape. lol
Suppose to ship in 7 days. We'll see. lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the post office let me pick up my package from @pizzadave80 a day early. They told me no last time I asked.

I called there with the tracking number and they let me come and get it. :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I ordered a SS Brake Line from Canada and the vendor shipped in less than 24 hours. Arrived in Memphis, TN 1 day later. Then sat there until it they Released it from International Shipping? WTF? Is this some new Fed Ex BS we must deal with now?

1597350813115.png

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the post office let me pick up my package from @pizzadave80 a day early. They told me no last time I asked.

I called there with the tracking number and they let me come and get it. :D
Kinda dick headed for them to not let you. It's in your possession, it's mine, either bring it today or let me come get it. Not sure why they have issues like that sometimes.

Like oh you just want the opportunity to lose the package before you make the 5 mile trek to my house. Like last week. Had a package delivered to another road across from mine. Like how do you make a mistake like that. Not even the same Rd. And when I found out how much they get paid. That's infuriating.

At least when the weather man is wrong it's because they just take the info they have and make an educated guess. With the mail you kinda don't have to guess where the address is.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like my pre-order that was due to ship out the 20th has landed at JFK this morning.
Paid on the 11th, shipped the 13th. Not bad at all. Now we'll see how bad customs and USPS screws it up. It's currently ~3.5 hour drive away. lol

I'm betting my Asmodus order w/free shipping coming from Cali (hasn't even shipped yet) arrives first. :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So USPS is really screwed up lately. Scheduled Delivery was yesterday and it said it was arriving later but still on it's way. Now this morning no estimated date for delivery.

1597843120081.png

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like my pre-order that was due to ship out the 20th has landed at JFK this morning.
Paid on the 11th, shipped the 13th. Not bad at all. Now we'll see how bad customs and USPS screws it up. It's currently ~3.5 hour drive away. lol

I'm betting my Asmodus order w/free shipping coming from Cali (hasn't even shipped yet) arrives first. :giggle:

Seems I lost my own bet. lol
3FVape Order has left JFK and is currently in USPS possession in NJ.
Asmodus order placed 7 days ago still hasn't shipped out.

It's express, my last order I got this week, took 12 days using the express shipping option.
You must have a lot of money mate, to pay extra for express. Might as well buy local in view of total cost and time, right? I use their free shipping (CN) - EMS and get my items by 2 months. I am not in a huge rush so it's okay. Bought many things off AliExpress , mostly electrical diodes, crocodile clips for my multimeter and also a Black Obsidian Feng Shui Bracelet (which has not brought me any windfall, yet) . They all came within the specified time line. I also use eBay a lot. In fact more than any other website. But eBay policy is no vaping material allowed! So...s**t! Pity.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You must have a lot of money mate, to pay extra for express. Might as well buy local in view of total cost and time, right? I use their free shipping (CN) - EMS and get my items by 2 months. I am not in a huge rush so it's okay. Bought many things off AliExpress , mostly electrical diodes, crocodile clips for my multimeter and also a Black Obsidian Feng Shui Bracelet (which has not brought me any windfall, yet) . They all came within the specified time line. I also use eBay a lot. In fact more than any other website. But eBay policy is no vaping material allowed! So...s**t! Pity.

The express shipping option to the US is usually free. It's shipped through DHL until it hits the states and gets handed over to the post office. My most recent order flew half way around the planet faster than it's taking the 3hr drive to my house.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I've had good luck from FT with their shipping option called "USPS Expedited Service to the USA" which generally costs $2 to $4 extra. 4PX and DHL handle those shipments most of the way, then close to their destinations they get turned over to the USPS.

Of course, now I've placed a couple of orders containing items that weren't "In Stock" at FT, and on the first one, the date is getting pushed out (three times now, latest is the 31st), for a Haar RTA clone. I'd be ballistic if I didn't want that RTA so badly. The other pre-order is a Voopoo RTA deck for the Drag X, so I'm willing to wait on that one, too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wow! Amazing . Okay. Good for you mate. I ordered a King RDTA from AliExpress and should be here by 20/09/20.

I surely wish we could still order from AliExpress. I got quite a few nice things from them. Was an absolutely great place to get nice quality drip tips. When it comes to vape gear, we can't even see the listings any more.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS has been uncharacteristically awesome for me lately. My last 3 orders, person to person, have gotten here lickety split. As in like 3-4 days and ahead of schedule. Have to recognize when they're doing things right too.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my current USPS. Would usually be around 10 days to Melbourne.

2020-08-15 00:00, In Transit to Next Facility -> Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
2020-08-11 18:04, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-08-03 00:18, CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-07-31 19:48, RAPID CITY SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-07-31 17:23, RAPID CITY, SD 57701, USPS picked up item
2020-07-29 19:20, RAPID CITY, SD 57702, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't expect this good service to last.

Amazing how something that shipped sooner arrived later with delays. Funny thing was I never got my shipping notification and when I called the company the CS Rep said it shipped and I should have it tomorrow. Then it was arriving late but still on it's way. Then scheduled arrival date was gone~! Good thing I had my new MOD from Gadget to keep me occupied and happy~! LMFAO :cuss2:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing how something that shipped sooner arrived later with delays. Funny thing was I never got my shipping notification and when I called the company the CS Rep said it shipped and I should have it tomorrow. Then it was arriving late but still on it's way. Then scheduled arrival date was gone~! Good thing I had my new MOD from Gadget to keep me occupied and happy~! LMFAO :cuss2:
The guy from reddit shipped my Goons and the tracker went from "label created, awaiting item" to "out for delivery" with nothing in between. It got here in a few days so I wasn't complaining.

At one point earlier in this thread I had I think 3 packages sitting in the Detroit hub for a couple weeks while a couple more slipped by them and got here before they did.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The guy from reddit shipped my Goons and the tracker went from "label created, awaiting item" to "out for delivery" with nothing in between. It got here in a few days so I wasn't complaining.

At one point earlier in this thread I had I think 3 packages sitting in the Detroit hub for a couple weeks while a couple more slipped by them and got here before they did.

Yeah I have had that were USPS Tracking is lagging. Got things delivered when they were waiting to leave. But when they say DELAYED look out~!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if there was some kinda shakeup at the Detroit sorting hub.

Literally overnight, as in like the flip of a switch, they went from an absolutely unpredictable and unreliable debacle to all of a sudden being a model of efficiency.

My last several packages, not just vape stuff, have not sat over there for more than 12 hours and have been sent to the right place every time. A monumental acheivement. They're scaring me. I'm afraid to get used to this.
Capture.JPG

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if there was some kinda shakeup at the Detroit sorting hub.

Literally overnight, as in like the flip of a switch, they went from an absolutely unpredictable and unreliable debacle to all of a sudden being a model of efficiency.

My last several packages, not just vape stuff, have not sat over there for more than 12 hours and have been sent to the right place every time. A monumental acheivement. They're scaring me. I'm afraid to get used to this.
View attachment 167693

I used to always have a problem with a Brooklyn Hub. After I logged a complaint my package magically appeared~! Even got follow up phone calls about the issues so I listed all the tracking numbers.

I would think it will get to you. Just takes forever and a day and as far as delivery date, can't tell much from tracking until after it's reached a USPS distribution center. Which is after leaving ICS Customs Center. Also, a lot of things clear customs before it's ever offloaded from a plane or boat so, passing customs doesn't mean it's on land/at usps/or in the ground mail system.
Good morning everyone. Hahaha, I check my tracking 3 times a day but as usual nothing had changed. I believe because we get free shipping, these logistics companies collect all the shipments to fill up their allocated space on a flight to make it economical and then it gets shipped out. So, we usually don't see any updates on the tracking since the item was last scanned at the warehouse until it boards. So, we don't see any updates until it gets sorted at destination freight depot. I monitor daily even though I know that there will be no updates.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I monitor daily even though I know that there will be no updates.
I feel like I'm the world's worst on this.

I ordered something from the UK late last Fri, DHL 2-3 day. The supplier actually shipped out and was in DHL's hands same day. With a Tues delivery and a closed on Sunday in between, I still must have checked it a dozen times :facepalm:

i'm not being difficult for the sake it Steve, but that wasn't my point. People order from Chinese sites because of the savings. If that savings is negated by the shipping cost, then there is no point.

I've heard consistently that DHL is fast from China, but also very expensive. What good is it if I save 20 dollars on an order and then spend 21 to get it here?

I suppose if somebody places a 500 dollar order, saved 100 bucks on the order and then spent 50 or 60 on shipping that would make some sense.

I don't even mind waiting. Even a pretty long time so I've done some ordering from China and saved a bundle as it's always eventually gotten here. What I DO mind is my stuff/money disappearing into thin air which looks to be becoming more common.
Personally, I order only the ones that are Free Shipping. Hahaha, I ordered on AliExpress. And even then, I check to see the estimated ETA. I buy only those that say 15 to 20 days. Yes, I am currently waiting on about 8 orders and some of which are 30 to 50 days. I have all the time in the world, so no rush.
Got a SMOK Procolor Mod for AU 25.80. That's original and even has the verification code. But waiting. Just ordered due to their special one week sale which ends today.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I order only the ones that are Free Shipping. Hahaha, I ordered on AliExpress. And even then, I check to see the estimated ETA. I buy only those that say 15 to 20 days. Yes, I am currently waiting on about 8 orders and some of which are 30 to 50 days. I have all the time in the world, so no rush.
Got a SMOK Procolor Mod for AU 25.80. That's original and even has the verification code. But waiting. Just ordered due to their special one week sale which ends today.
The Procolor is the first mod I ever bought. I still love the thing. It's sitting here in front of me as I still use it.

However, and don't take this the wrong way friend, but nobody is cloning Smok devices. You have nothing to worry about there ?
20200721_134836_cr.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else try to use (and have a problem with) the HealthCabin half off promotion?

New Homepage Promotion

Tried to order last night, and it only gave 20% - the promised automatic additional 30% off did not materialize

Sent an email, and was surprised to get a response right away - but of course it didn't make any sense and just said the additional discount was automatic - but it wasn't automatic at all

Just wondering, would really like to get this mod, but can only justify it at half off from China

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else try to use (and have a problem with) the HealthCabin half off promotion?

New Homepage Promotion

Tried to order last night, and it only gave 20% - the promised automatic additional 30% off did not materialize

Sent an email, and was surprised to get a response right away - but of course it didn't make any sense and just said the additional discount was automatic - but it wasn't automatic at all

Just wondering, would really like to get this mod, but can only justify it at half off from China
I don't know about theirs specifically or how far you've gotten in the checkout process, but there was one place (I can't remember now) where the discount didn't show up until far into the transaction. I don't remember specific details on that either now, but it made an impression. I'm wondering and wondering where this automatic discount is and it did finally show up up long after I wished it would. I hope that made sense.

Like I say, I don't know if healthcanbin's software does it that way, but alot of these outfits use the same ecommerce website software.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got as far as the final pay now in PP and when PP says this is the amount you are paying, and shows no discount, I am not going to hit that button, lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got as far as pay now in PP and when PP says this is the amount you are paying, and shows no discount, I am not going to hit that button, lol
Oh boy :D That's the last step. Something's definitely going on.

While you have their ear in email, Id reiterate that it IS NOT showing up and that you are ready to order as soon as it does. You're probably not talking to their webmaster so they probably have no idea themselves.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I rated their post about it a ONE on their website and posted a comment, which has yet to be published on the site

Also asked on the VU thread where I first read about the sale

@Huckleberried tried it and it didn't work for her either

Also, I saw no disclaimers for exclusions or anything like that; the only exclusion is $1 flash sale stuff

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sqevo
Origin:
2020-08-29 04:00, JAPAN, TOKYO, Departed -> Your item departed a transfer airport in HANEDA, TOKYO, JAPAN on August 29, 2020 at 4:00 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
2020-08-27 12:27, UNITED STATES, CHICAGO, Departed
2020-08-27 06:32, UNITED STATES, CHICAGO, Arrived
2020-08-26 21:02, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
2020-08-26 08:01, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2020-08-26 08:01, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
2020-08-15 00:00, In Transit to Next Facility
2020-08-11 18:04, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-08-03 00:18, CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-07-31 19:48, RAPID CITY SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2020-07-31 17:23, RAPID CITY, SD 57701, USPS picked up item
2020-07-29 19:20, RAPID CITY, SD 57702, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================