Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought most of my stuff from China for many years, got spoiled by buying in the USA but i still buy from fasttech.com and 3avape.com
Covid really killed the shipping times but its almost back to normal.
I can't even begin to count the thousands of dollars I've saved ordering from China. Not to mention that they have a lot of stuff that US vendors don't even carry. And CHEAP.

It's a conflict for me because China is our enemy. There's just no denying that. However, the Shenzen companies are just trying to make a living like anybody else.

The subject of cloning is also a source of conflict. I don't love the idea, but I also don't believe it's costing the creators all that much. Not in the vaping community. Some do, but most people don't buy clones just to avoid paying for the authentic. They buy clones of products that they just wouldn't be able to buy otherwise.

In some cases, like the SXK Billet Box line, I think cloning actually benefits Billet Box Vapor.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There is a free market underbelly in China. That's what I'm after.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've bought many clones to try. Liked them well enough to buy the authentic.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True, it's definitely getting better. When my China orders get here faster than my Cali orders, you know they've upped their game.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a set of Billet Box control buttons from FT using my Paypal prepaid card and it took the order.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea what to think of this now. I just this minute got this email from Paypal about my Fasttech Order.
ppcardft.JPG

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True, and I was chatting with someone about that earlier. She wondered if adding non vape stuff would help it pass easier.

I just placed a tiny order to see what happens. I got my confirmation from FT, so far. I don't keep money in my PP acct, I'm leery about handing out my SSN all over the place.

I don't know shit about crypto, but now I'm wondering if we'll have to learn.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get ready for the hammer to drop y'all...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So fasttech is still taking PayPal for now. Except on aspire products which apparently you could never buy with PayPal at ft

Sent from a pile of wood chips

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If Chinese vendors are starting to not accept Pay Pal for vape stuff it will be sketchy for a bit as they have to update their web servers to ID vape stuff for pay pal purchases.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or they could do like alibaba and ask your country and not ler vape items be visible. Never went to alibaba so that's more hearsay on my end. But that's an option for them. Get it in while you can I guess.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
We got through the last two storms and now another one is headed this way. Sometimes I don't like living in Covington Louisiana (across the lake from New Orleans)
Waiting to see if we should evacuate or not. I absolutely have to pick up 2 prescriptions tomorrow so we can't leave till I have those. I sure hope it turns east!

I put this in the wrong thread. If a mod wants to move it thats fine.

Last edited:

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on how they handle Aspire products I expect FT to continue to let you put it in the cart and catch it at the payment point. Their software already lets them flag specific items as non-paypal.

It'll be interesting to see the different ways this plays out among the Chinese vendors. Sad to see this close off a lifeline for a lot of people.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing to consider is the China US tariff 'war'.
I do not think that china would want to come across as selling items illegally in the USA.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dammit. I did successfully place a small order last night, low dollar, just in case, but now I wonder if I should go ahead and get the other item I wanted. Grrr.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My conspiracy-theorist mind says this is payback for COVID-19.

How much export sales volume does Shenzhen stand to lose if Paypal cuts off vaping products from China?

Even if credit cards don't do the same thing as Paypal, I for sure am not about to give my credit card numbers to Chinese companies. I'd expect that most people here would agree with that.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How much export sales volume does Shenzhen stand to lose if Paypal cuts off vaping products from China?

Even if credit cards don't do the same thing as Paypal, I for sure am not about to give my credit card numbers to Chinese companies. I'd expect that most people here would agree with that.
Yea if PayPal is out I'm done with China for sure

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They are losing it anyway. India WAS a very big customer. The US is not China's only vape customer.

I have bought from Ali Express with CC for a couple of years for electronics components.
No problems to date.

All my FT orders were CC as well until they stopped taking it around a year ago... About the time of last fall's deadline that got delayed.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of my orders, ever, have been made with a Paypal prepaid debit card. I don't know how that's going to work out.

They are losing it anyway. India WAS a very big customer. The US is not China's only vape customer.

I have bought from Ali Express with CC for a couple of years for electronics components.
No problems to date.

All my FT orders were CC as well until they stopped taking it around a year ago... About the time of last fall's deadline that got delayed.
All my orders thus far have been okay. AliExp/ eBay/ FT all good. Only purchases from NZ are no longer possible on PayPal. But we can do a direct Debit bank transfer (which in fact may end up being cheaper on exchange rates. PayPal exchange is, I believe higher than bank rates.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like my luck with fasttech has runneth out. 2 Orderes placed on the 5th, 1 is still waiting on a flight, the other is ready but hasn't left their whse yet.

Vapesourcing orders placed on the 8th. China whse one hit JFK this morning, the one coming from Cali has yet to be accepted by the P.O. :giggle:

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I placed an order for 2 boxes of coils with Kanger Wholesale yesterday and they refunded it this morning. Guess its going to be next to impossible to order now. :(

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapesourcing order shipped 9/8 is currently in my state. Woot.

Fasttech. lol
2 orders placed on 9/5.
In stock order shipped on 9/7.
2nd order shipped 9/12.

2nd order hit NY yesterday. "in stock" order is still in China. Of course, the one still in China is the one I want most. lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sqevo

On its way to Australia

092a5089c1a7c76bbd2d48b61e32b3a6.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've received two of the three orders I last placed with FT. The third has been through Compton, CA and is on its way across the country. It's a Haar clone that I hope to put on a blue steel Minikin 2 that came yesterday.

Vapesourcing's USA warehouse did a good job delivering the Pico-S to me. Seems like it was four or five days from order to delivery. Price was about $25 delivered, so can't beat that.

I have a 2fdeal order that's been sitting all weekend, but that isn't surprising. I hope to see something happen with it by tomorrow morning. I have been looking out for messages from Paypal, but nothing so far.

Placed an order with FT a little while ago. Will see if it goes through.

I have 3 shipments with FT. I received the 2nd last week on 16th. The 1st. landed in Melbourne, Au on 17th but I have not got it yet as I am in Tasmania (an Island not far away). The 3rd. landed today in Sydney, Au.
So, by next week I should be cooking wires and coils! Hahaha. My RTDA from China has no news yet. Last tracking update was 23rd Aug. I should've ordered from FT and it would be here now! Double Damn!

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapesourcing order from China is out for delivery.

"In stock" order from Fasttech just hit NY today.

"Ships in 5 days" order placed same day as "in stock" is also out for delivery. This one shipped 6 days after the in stock order. lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a great question.

Has anybody ever had Fasttech pull a fast one and list an item as in stock and shipping now, only to have to it go to backordered once you place the order?

Well, I know that that's happened to other people, but the question is, has anybody ever cancelled a single item that's holding up the shipment in order to get the rest moving? If so, what happened?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a great question.

Has anybody ever had Fasttech pull a fast one and list an item as in stock and shipping now, only to have to it go to backordered once you place the order?

Well, I know that that's happened to other people, but the question is, has anybody ever cancelled a single item that's holding up the shipment in order to get the rest moving? If so, what happened?
Have had that more than I've liked to admit to. Always get a credit/gift cert for said item.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a great question.

Yes, cancel the item, and you get the choice of a gift certificate or refund, refund takes a few days to show back up from where you paid from.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a great question.

You can always just ask them to split the order and to please send what they have in their inventory

blades_of_honor

Member For 4 Years
I ordered from 3avape for the first time. The tracking# given shows,
Tracking number created
September 26, 04:10PM
Melrose Park, IL
I ordered from other vape sites out of us before. This is a first for me. I don't believe anything I ordered is us warehouse, nothing on my invoice says so. I'm hoping it comes within 2-3 weeks. Out of all the times I ordered overseas, never got a single package in less than 6 weeks. I'm just confused that I placed the order in china, but shipping label was created in us.

VU Sponsors