Become a Patron!

PIF BOX #6 -- Active -- List Full

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's the flavor of the month it seems. Lotsa people whose opinions I've come to respect on this site have given it a thumbs up.

Personally, other than my nautilus minis for stealth vaping, I'm done with tanks I can't rebuild. Can't justify the cost...That's why I ordered a sub plus, and two lemo 2's.
I rebuild my Nautilus, Atlantis, subtank,and segatank

If it was built it can be rebuilt MUHAHAHAHAHA

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

"If it ain't broke, fix it", eh? You sound like my boyfriend; if it's made of metal, he wants to take it apart to improve it. TOM, IS THAT YOU?!?

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone got anything negative to say about the Arctic cotton-coil tank? If not, I'm going to get myself one (and wrap a pretty rubber band around it tee-hee).
The arctic is for people that want lower build higher watts I don't really see you as that person maybe I'm wrong but I'd suggest the Delta II tank specially if you like flavor

Like Dan said the arctic is the flavor of the month after the flavor wears its gonna be just like any other tank ... Good at something but missing something else to make it perfect

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"If it ain't broke, fix it", eh? You sound like my boyfriend; if it's made of metal, he wants to take it apart to improve it. TOM, IS THAT YOU?!?
Its a mechanic thing

b4b1671e861dd24a930a74125c399b32.jpg

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

So I've watched three vids on rebuilding bvc's and I still fuck it up... What's your secret?

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The arctic is for people that want lower build higher watts I don't really see you as that person maybe I'm wrong but I'd suggest the Delta II tank specially if you like flavor

Like Dan said the arctic is the flavor of the month after the flavor wears its gonna be just like any other tank ... Good at something but missing something else to make it perfect

You are correct. I just researched the Delta II and it seems much more suited to me.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are correct. I just researched the Delta II and it seems much more suited to me.
I have a Delta II coming from @Lighty269 that he is PIF'ing to me. He is giving me the RBA base with it as well. Honestly, after watching the reviews an reading peoples' comments, I think I'm going to like it more than my Subtank Mini. I hope so...because then I can give my Subtank to my wife, she's been wanting one for a
little while now. Thanks again Lighty, if you read this.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've watched three vids on rebuilding bvc's and I still fuck it up... What's your secret?
i use riptrippers method for the natilus i use a vertical build in the atlantis and subtank only thing i do different with them is i wick with rayon not cotton

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use riptrippers method for the natilus i use a vertical build in the atlantis and subtank only thing i do different with them is i wick with rayon not cotton

I've only successfully gotten one coil to work properly in my nautilus mini, but the draw was so tight it was light going back to my PT 2...

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Delta II coming from @Lighty269 that he is PIF'ing to me. He is giving me the RBA base with it as well. Honestly, after watching the reviews an reading peoples' comments, I think I'm going to like it more than my Subtank Mini. I hope so...because then I can give my Subtank to my wife, she's been wanting one for a
little while now. Thanks again Lighty, if you read this.

I was gonna get two of them, but the same day I saw the lemo 2 announced. I love love love my lemo drops, so I waited and ordered those instead.

Let me know whatcha think about the delta. I may get one of those as well :)

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only complaint I have is that I can't tell how much juice is in it... And I honestly love the stock coils. I was secretly hoping that someone who likes their deck would have some extra in the box, lol. And the coils seem to really last!

On the flip side, the delta will actually fire fairly high watts wise so you'll be ok with it to 45w on your istick- the flavor is best around 30w in my opinion. Never get a burnt hit either. And no rubber bands!!! It's stainless so it's clumsy friendly-which I like

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was gonna get two of them, but the same day I saw the lemo 2 announced. I love love love my lemo drops, so I waited and ordered those instead.

Let me know whatcha think about the delta. I may get one of those as well :)
I would be interested to know too. I also like plug n play. I don't rebuild or drip. The not dripping is becoming a problem as I try to DIY flavor testing is hard,

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would be interested to know too. I also like plug n play. I don't rebuild or drip. The not dripping is becoming a problem as I try to DIY flavor testing is hard,
Hey, Heather,
The boyfriend and I were out driving around today. We talked about going to some vape shops so I could look at clearos and juice. He said, "Hey, let's just drive over to Canastota to that do-it-yourselfer and buy some juice from her."
LOL

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No burnt hits. No rubber bands. Clumsy-friendly.
This thing has my name written all over it!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Heather you need to get yourself a little single coil dripper. There should be something in that box you could use. There might be one that can setup for single or dual coil. Anyway, you'll need it for trying flavors. Then it's simple between flavors, you just pull the wick, dry burn the coil, wipe out the RBA, re-wick, and drip new flavor. All can be done in a minute or two, and you're off trying the next flavor cleanly. You'll drive yourself nuts doing vape dishes (cleaning tanks) if you're trying to use tanks to try flavors. Not to mention that you'll be going through coils like crazy.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Heather you need to get yourself a little single coil dripper. There should be something in that box you could use. There might be one that can setup for single or dual coil. Anyway, you'll need it for trying flavors. Then it's simple between flavors, you just pull the wick, dry burn the coil, wipe out the RBA, re-wick, and drip new flavor. All can be done in a minute or two, and you're off trying the next flavor cleanly. You'll drive yourself nuts doing vape dishes (cleaning tanks) if you're trying to use tanks to try flavors. Not to mention that you'll be going through coils like crazy.
I am trying to use tanks to try flavors and it isn't working well. I will have to watch some youtube videos.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Heather,
The boyfriend and I were out driving around today. We talked about going to some vape shops so I could look at clearos and juice. He said, "Hey, let's just drive over to Canastota to that do-it-yourselfer and buy some juice from her."
LOL
I am not that good at it yet. I will try and get some simple recipes together. What flavors do you like? I literally just started DIYing. I haven't had that many hits yet. Although todays juices are promising.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

It's not cost effective, but you can buy pre wrapped coils off both Amazon and eBay. Also, many B/M's will wrap as a service.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's not cost effective, but you can buy pre wrapped coils off both Amazon and eBay. Also, many B/M's will wrap as a service.
hmmm. I did not know that. I will have to see if the local shop will.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Heather,
LOL
What vape shops did you go too? I have not found too many around.

Last edited:

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmmm. I did not know that. I will have to see if the local shop will.

Although I have mixed emotions about them, what about a coil jig? I've also heard of people using machine screws to wrap.

My local b&m does them for 5/coil. They taught me how to wrap and would make fun of me for using a jig. I'd like to get my hands on one to try though!! Haha

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Although I have mixed emotions about them, what about a coil jig? I've also heard of people using machine screws to wrap.

My local b&m does them for 5/coil. They taught me how to wrap and would make fun of me for using a jig. I'd like to get my hands on one to try though!! Haha

My wife is a jeweler, and I use her jump ringer to coil. No shame in using a tool. 5 a coil is a bit steep Imo... I've seen eBay listings for 5 for 12 bucks shipped.

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell I think that's what they charge, I never paid. They're pretty good about not charging for regulars or if they buy an atty.they just charge if someone wants them built on the fly kinda deal...I think

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Get a coilmaster if you don't know how to wrap a coil.... Get a coil jig if you know how and want some assistance in wrapping a coil and use a precision screwdriver if you're too lazy to break all that stuff out just to make a coil

That being said there's more to rebuilding then wrapping the coil.... Hell that's the easy part you then need to know about coil positioning how to fix hot spots how to make 2 coils fire together etc etc etc

I suggest watch a few videos on it its not hard otherwise get a b&m to make them for you maybe buy your supplies from them or at least tip they guys for doing it

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning folks!! Happy Monday morning to you today. I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a good week too!

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning folks!! Happy Monday morning to you today. I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a good week too!

Good Morning!! Hope everyone has a great week - vape and personal! :)
On the fantastic side of my life, (haha - since I know you were all on pins and needles) I've got VAPE MAIL coming today. Bought some new juice from SmokESignals (sorry @Geauxst I know you don't go there, at least I think it was you) and a MINI FREAKSHOW yesterday. The boyfriend says not to put it on my SMPL because of the center pin not extending down far enough. Which kinda bums me out...thoughts?

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good Morning!! Hope everyone has a great week - vape and personal! :)
On the fantastic side of my life, (haha - since I know you were all on pins and needles) I've got VAPE MAIL coming today. Bought some new juice from SmokESignals (sorry @Geauxst I know you don't go there, at least I think it was you) and a MINI FREAKSHOW yesterday. The boyfriend says not to put it on my SMPL because of the center pin not extending down far enough. Which kinda bums me out...thoughts?

Yeah I rarely go to smokecignals but they aren't bad I guess .... As far as your mod and Atty yeah if the pin doesn't stick down far enough it can cause shorts arcs all kinda of stuff that's bad just look up an explanation video on the smpl or maybe a 4nine something with a hybrid cap I love hybrids when I have the right Atty and I hate hybrids when I don't have the right atty

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not that good at it yet. I will try and get some simple recipes together. What flavors do you like? I literally just started DIYing. I haven't had that many hits yet. Although todays juices are promising.
Heather, I'm still searching for juice flavors to love. So far, I like strawberry, tobacco, graham cracker. I want to try coconut, blueberry.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Syracuse and Oswego. Do you come this way often?
Syracuse I go to almost daily, not so much with Oswego. Are there many shops there? I am into fruity and minty.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get a coilmaster if you don't know how to wrap a coil.... Get a coil jig if you know how and want some assistance in wrapping a coil and use a precision screwdriver if you're too lazy to break all that stuff out just to make a coil

I have a coil master. Love it.
Makes coil making so easy for my big hands.

Always used 22g or 24g when using the precision screwdriver method, simply because thinner wire was too delicate to work with for me. Would mess them up too easily, or my hands would start cramping from trying to be gentle with it. But using the coil master coiler, I've easily been able to make coils with 26 and 28 gauge wires without any trouble. Still have a pain trying to mount thinner wire coils though, have to put my rda on my sig 100 and use any combination of a metal pick(s), tweezers, and a screwdriver to get the coil in the holes and the screws tightened.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@TheVapingDevil withdrew from the PIF box today. I'm just going to skip over his spot and keep on with the list as is.

@dantefire I received your contribution. There's a LOT of juice in there. Very nice contribution to start the box with.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapers Revolution in Oswego has an excellent selection of juices. Small independent store.

More store info to come.
@Heather Forgot to mention: The owner/operator also brings his dog to the shop with him every day. That's a big plus to me as I LOVE doggies!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could never get two coils the same in a dual-coil setup until I got this thing. :)

Trick I used for that was to make one long coil with long legs, and cut it in half. Like make 18 wraps with 0.5-1 inch legs, cut it in half, then uncoil the wire one or two wraps where it was cut to use for shorter legs. End up with two 7 wrap coils that have a long leg on one end and a short leg on the other. Keep the small legs (from the middle cut and unwrap) for the positive post hole(s), bend the longer legs to properly reach the negative post holes. Leave the legs long and adjust in an out as needed to make the coils glow evenly (sometimes half a millimeter is all that is needed to eliminate a 1 second difference in glow), then trim excess wire.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@TheVapingDevil withdrew from the PIF box today. I'm just going to skip over his spot and keep on with the list as is.

@dantefire I received your contribution. There's a LOT of juice in there. Very nice contribution to start the box with.

Nice, that came quick.

Just to FYI, I may not be as social this week. M family and I are on vacation at Disney World until Saturday. Anyone know of any awesome Orlando vape shops? I've googled and all, but I love personal recommendations more.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a coil master. Love it.
Makes coil making so easy for my big hands.

Always used 22g or 24g when using the precision screwdriver method, simply because thinner wire was too delicate to work with for me. Would mess them up too easily, or my hands would start cramping from trying to be gentle with it. But using the coil master coiler, I've easily been able to make coils with 26 and 28 gauge wires without any trouble. Still have a pain trying to mount thinner wire coils though, have to put my rda on my sig 100 and use any combination of a metal pick(s), tweezers, and a screwdriver to get the coil in the holes and the screws tightened.
Yeah I do about the same but I use screwdrivers on 24-26 but the 28 I always break out the coilmaster... Unless its a twisted build or something unconventional

Seven1SixJC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@RZAwora, I'm right there with you on the obsession/frustration level on a Captain Crunch style ejuice! Absolutely obsessed, it has been my ADV since I first tried it a couple weeks ago. My local B&M, Nixteria (previously Juicy Vapor) had their go at some cereal flavors, Fruity Starfish which is a Fruity Pebbles type flavor, which I tried first, very good, was using that constantly for a couple weeks, and after talking to one of the employees, he told me they had another called Loot Loops, which I guess is, as I'm sure you assumed, Fruit Loops, I haven't tried this as I was told it has a sort of citrus undertone which I am not a fan of, but also one called Blue Crunch, which is their take on Captain Crunch and have literally vaped it exclusively since I first got it!. I cannot get over how incredible it tastes to me. I have been vaping through bottles like it is no ones business. Now I desperately want to be able to make this myself, and asked them what vendor they use for flavors, obviously I got the whole "can't tell you, trade secrets bullshit," relax bud, I don't want your recipe, (well I do but I understand not giving that up haha) I just was curious as to what vendor you use, and I was told that they use basically all of them throughout their various flavors (actually over 1000 in house flavors.) Regardless, a friend of mine is a manager at another local B&M and he let me come over to the shop and into their mixing room to try and figure out if we could get it down ourselves, they use FlavorWest almost exclusively, but regardless, to no avail. I know TFA has a Berry Crunch Flavor that says "Stays crunchy, even in milk! A delicious sugary crunch cereal flavor," which I'm going to assume is, in fact, Captain Crunch. But he does not have that at the shop. I've been meaning to get into DIY for a long time but never end up having the cash due to financial difficulties being a single parent of 2, not that buying juice from B&M stores is saving it lol, but it's just easier at the time (in my head at that point lol.) Therefore I can't make it myself, so I just don't know what to do, I really cannot keep buying it from the store even though it's not terribly expensive, it's just hard to make it okay spending 25$ on 50ml of juice that I go through like water, when at a DIY cost that same 50ml would cost me under 3$. Ugh, I just wish I had the exact recipe and I would literally just to start, buy just the flavors, PG, VG, and nicotine to make myself like a half gallon! Let me know if you get yours down and how it all goes!

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice, that came quick.

Just to FYI, I may not be as social this week. M family and I are on vacation at Disney World until Saturday. Anyone know of any awesome Orlando vape shops? I've googled and all, but I love personal recommendations more.
Have fun man! Post a couple pictures if you have a chance.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@loucas thanks, I'll let you know when it is received.

@Seven1SixJC I feel your pain man. I really hope I can get this one down eventually. I just need to identify the two flavors they're calling Frankenberry and Birthday Cake. I know they're Crunchberry flavorings is an in-house mix of those two flavors...equal parts. I've taken several stabs at ordering flavorings I thought these could be, but haven't hit the jackpot yet.

VU Sponsors