Become a Patron!

Post away bitches.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Second thought - interesting you'd mix an Asian recipe with a 'Murican one and end up with a Mexican salsa...I may try that just for shits 'n' giggles.

I'd also usually just edit my first post to say this, but we're on the postwhoring thread, right?
OK go with Asian flare n fire. Twist with American sweet tooth with a south of the border chunky with the flat insane indian fire....

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhhh lawd! I'm seeing a different side of a few of you and I think I like it. Never woulda taken summa you guys for round pegs... ...well, I should've known it.

*cheshire cat grin* It's good to have ya'll here. I'm seeing this place under a whole different light now. I'm talkin bout blacklights and neon posters.

Don't mind me. Just a looney mumbling in the corner. Stay strange ya'll.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Second thought - interesting you'd mix an Asian recipe with a 'Murican one and end up with a Mexican salsa...I may try that just for shits 'n' giggles.

It's all just peppers. The prob with straight Sriracha is the specific flavor. Like Tabasco, it makes everything you eat taste like it. That's why I cut it with a vinegar-based hot sauce. Way better imo.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohhhh lawd! I'm seeing a different side of a few of you and I think I like it. Never woulda taken summa you guys for round pegs... ...well, I should've known it.

*cheshire cat grin* It's good to have ya'll here. I'm seeing this place under a whole different light now. I'm talkin bout blacklights and neon posters.

Don't mind me. Just a looney mumbling in the corner. Stay strange ya'll.
Pfft you know how many sober days I have had since thanksgiving..
I can count it on one hand with fingers left over.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all just peppers. The prob with straight Sriracha is the specific flavor. Like Tabasco, it makes everything you eat taste like it. That's why I cut it with a vinegar-based hot sauce. Way better imo.
Makes sense. Though one could say the same about vinegary sauces, of which Tabasco is just the highest-proof in common use. I generally keep my spicy genre tied to the base food genre to somewhat avoid the "this just tastes like nothing but spicy and (insert name here) sauce." Except pizza. Any kind of hot sauce can go on pizza.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did pickled radishes in balsamic and rice vinegar. Also hot peppers, ginger and garlic.
It can curl some toe hair.
Now that sounds both a little odd and like a complete freaking home run...no pickling experience, I just want to learn to make good kimchi.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just finished my first-ever batch of homemade maple syrup. It's good.

A gallon and a half of tree water made 4 ounces of syrup. Almost exactly 40:1, which I was "warned" about.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
< Apartment dweller jealous of people with land to do that kind of stuff. Hell, I'm jealous of people with back patios big enough to build a tool shed in.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Livin in the sticks. It's the shit.
I started out in the sticks, urban sprawl overtook where I grew up - by middle school they were even paving all the roads instead of just the big ones. Hated suburbia, couldn't afford my definition of "enough" land in rural SD (I should be able to stand on my roof, huck a rock as far as I can in any direction and have it land on my property - I did the math and figured about 2.5 acres if the house was perfectly sited, which seems pretty modest for rural living), moved to the city instead so I'd at least be able to walk or ride a bike anywhere I needed to go.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started out in the sticks, urban sprawl overtook where I grew up - by middle school they were even paving all the roads instead of just the big ones. Hated suburbia, couldn't afford my definition of "enough" land in rural SD (I should be able to stand on my roof, huck a rock as far as I can in any direction and have it land on my property - I did the math and figured about 2.5 acres if the house was perfectly sited, which seems pretty modest for rural living), moved to the city instead so I'd at least be able to walk or ride a bike anywhere I needed to go.
I want to walk out with my dick out and piss off the back deck without people being able to see and or freak the fuck out.
Or shoot a gun without the neighbors freaking out, but instead bring ammo and beer.

Kimchi is stupid easy.
Since I am allergic to shellfish I use thai or veitnamese fish sauce.
Sea salt or pink salt.
1 ghostie pepper, whole bunch of korean pepper.
Daikon raddish, nappa cabage.

I got some I did with red cabbage and that shit is wicked, funky and OMFG melt your guts out hot.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now that sounds both a little odd and like a complete freaking home run...no pickling experience, I just want to learn to make good kimchi.
Oh forgot some carrots also.
It is funky, it is hot and it is kinda pickled. I have to as a suggestion eat something sour and fermented each meal to stimulate digestion.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to walk out with my dick out and piss off the back deck without people being able to see and or freak the fuck out.
Or shoot a gun without the neighbors freaking out, but instead bring ammo and beer.
These are also among my top concerns - but I figure the rock-throwing thing solves these problems as well, as long as my neighbors can trust me to point my gun in the right direction when plinking and I can trust them to do the same. After all, their houses will also be a solid rock throw from their own property lines and given topography there should be some wide-open sight lines...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ugh forgot to add bay leaf and rosemary to the steak.
I will before bed.

fish sauce, pepper, lime juice, rice vinegar with soem balsamic... should be good.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Postwhoring for a free computer, eh?
Hey, I could use one, where do I sign up????????
tumblr_o1hvjtxtrY1tm7tjmo1_400_zpsts0jtebo.gif

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok going fusion in cooking.
Doing steamed sticky rice.
Pan seared peppers, caramelized onions with ginger and garlic, fried celery.
Beef is lime pepper gingered beef.

Did a blanched brussel sprout with brocoli greens, pan seared with honey balsamic dressing cooked on.

Need to grill up some shrooms and top it all off with my pickled radish and carrot stuff

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sooooo what are we paying about?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Blubbery muffin tops. Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty much anything goes it seems.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
cooking.
Taking this threads insanity and putting into cooking.
It may look like hell but tastes amazing.
We're trying to decide what to grab for supper here right now.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We're trying to decide what to grab for supper here right now.
pizza.. cannot go wrong with pizza.
If carbs are your fear you can do a meatza where the crust is ground turkey.
If wheat is your bane then rice up some cauliflower and toss in an egg and pre bake the cauliflower crust.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
pizza.. cannot go wrong with pizza.
If carbs are your fear you can do a meatza where the crust is ground turkey.
If wheat is your bane then rice up some cauliflower and toss in an egg and pre bake the cauliflower crust.
I think we've decided on some Black Forest Ham and Turkey subs from Subway. Good, quick, and relatively cheap.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's a recipe in non vaping area for dieting, with a recipe for a pizza with a crust made of chopped chicken. Never have made it yet, but sounded really good.
I prefer the cauliflower or ground turkey.
The chicken just did not fair as well.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep; sorry about that man, I don't know where that came from. Just some angry weird response. Uh, you ever have some knee jerk reaction? Well I'm apologizing publicly; sorry for that I just snapped for some reason...

VU Sponsors