Become a Patron!

Post away bitches.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fell asleep mid post reply to Huck last night.
I feel ashamed....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sleep-anim-male-sleep-sleeping-smiley-emoticon-000368-large_zps0tcrakup.gif

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Somebody tell a joke.

[Edit: Why does the VU-bot link a bunch of our words now?]

The Pope, the Easter Bunny and a unicorn walk into a bar.
The bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

Why did Salvidor Dali cross the road?
Purple.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heating pad helps a ton, among other things.
Honestly glad to be off the heavy shit, DID not enjoy the lack of pooping issue.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, there's medication for the medication that causes that issue. I slurping down a double dose of magnesium keeps my pooper poppin.' :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't really need a new laptop, just got one about a year ago, but I'm willing to help raise the total for whoever does win it. What *I* would love is a tablet.

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi, Andria! That was random. But, WTH, I have a coupla laptops ad a coupla tablets and the latter is no substitute for the former, in my hunble opinion. Actually, thee ain't m nothin' like a big, ol' honkin' desktop but I'm and old dog. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi, Andria! That was random. But, WTH, I have a coupla laptops ad a coupla tablets and the latter is no substitute for the former, in my hunble opinion. Actually, thee ain't m nothin' like a big, ol' honkin' desktop but I'm and old dog. :D

The laptop I got last March could eat any of my old desktops for breakfast and have room left over. :D Intel i5, dual core/virtual quad core, and 16gb RAM. I'm delighted with it, to say the least. But considering all the crap I have plugged into it, here on the desk, it's really not terribly portable. That's why I want a tablet, to have something to take with -- I don't have a cellphone, and likely never will.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My gaming rig mob died after 7 years. I have a replacement mobo here just not processor, ram or cooling for it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So,you just popped in randomly share a stream of consciousness about laptops, huh?

The first computer i ever bought just died so I'm looking for one that'll breath fire and do 200 mph in the quarter mile. For 25 year before I bought that one, I've built them all. That said, laptops are hella hard to build.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My gaming rig mob died after 7 years. I have a replacement mobo here just not processor, ram or cooling for it.

Yeah, I'd prefer to build another but lack the visual acuity or dexterity to pull it of. I'm looking at an i7 4.2GB, 32GB RAM w/a 256G SSD and a coupla TB HD. I may need a letter of credit from my bank for a decent video card, though. :D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'd prefer to build another but lack the visual acuity or dexterity to pull it of. I'm looking at an i7 4.2GB, 32GB RAM w/a 256G SSD and a coupla TB HD. I may need a letter of credit from my bank for a decent video card, though. :D
Dude you are semi local and I am sure there are a few places willing to slap a cpu into a board for ya.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, yeah ... I forgot we're nearly neighbors. Yer probably right, but I can't knock the convenience of just clicking an the 'Buy' button.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So,you just popped in randomly share a stream of consciousness about laptops, huh?

The first computer i ever bought just died so I'm looking for one that'll breath fire and do 200 mph in the quarter mile. For 25 year before I bought that one, I've built them all. That said, laptops are hella hard to build.

Totally agree. I've been capable of doing my own RAM and various chip upgrades in desktops since 1990, but when I got this laptop, and saw that it would have to be almost entirely disassembled just to upgrade the ram... I called the store and made an appt the next day for them to install the 16gb I'd already bought.

I was just adding to the general uproar about the contest, and the laptop prize. As I said, don't expect to win it, nor do I really want or need it -- but all the posts from here to there help whoever does eventually win it. I learned my lesson about forum contests back when ECF had their 15 millionth post contest -- I stayed up all night that night, posting like a maniac, and the last 30 minutes, the forum was more like a very raucous chatroom... I ended up winning a "tiny tank" for a kayfun, from steam tuners, and really hated it -- without a chimney top, a kayfun really doesn't have much flavor. So now if I participate in forum contests, it's only for the fun of it, not towards any prize.

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh. Than be aware it is not the one millionth post that wins. Once the post count hits 1M, there will be a drawing from the posts made from that point forward but there's no indication of how far in the future 'forward' is or whether it will be from among the next 100 or 100,000. Not complaining, just clarifying. Somebody will win that hot lappy. :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude you are semi local and I am sure there are a few places willing to slap a cpu into a board for ya.
I would offer but you are across town and just running to the store currently beats the shit out of me.

One thing about this recovery that they really do not tell you about is the total lack of energy you will have.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So found a new series, not sure if it is in the states yet on a cable provider.

FUCK it is twisted, dark and creepy.
It is called slasher.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
be aware it is not the one millionth post that wins. Once the post count hits 1M, there will be a drawing from the posts made from that point forward

Since we don't know how the choice will be made, here's everything:

Positivity
--I love everyone.

Loyalty
--I have not posted to another vaping forum since I joined here.

Welcoming
--Hi. Welcome to VU.

Supportive
--Thank you for adding a pic to your post.

Helpfulness
[I will now respond to 90% of our question threads]:
--Samsung, LG, Sony

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since we don't know how the choice will be made, here's everything:

Positivity
--I love everyone.

Loyalty
--I have not posted to another vaping forum since I joined here.

Welcoming
--Hi. Welcome to VU.

Supportive
--Thank you for adding a pic to your post.

Helpfulness
[I will now respond to 90% of our question threads]:
--Samsung, LG, Sony
Anything other than Samsung, Sony, LG battery wise is questionable at best flat dancing with Darwin at worst.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anything other than Samsung, Sony, LG battery wise is questionable at best flat dancing with Darwin at worst.

AWs are good -- probably not "the best" anymore, but good quality.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would offer but you are across town and just running to the store currently beats the shit out of me.

One thing about this recovery that they really do not tell you about is the total lack of energy you will have.

That is THE TRUTH. My appendectomy wasn't one-tenth as major a thing as you suffered, but damn, recuperation took a WHILE. I think it has a lot to do with age -- like flu can knock a kid flat, and 2 days later they're all full of piss and vinegar again, like nothing happened; an adult is flat on their back for 2-3 wks. I was 53 when my appendix went south, and it was a good 6-8 wks before I really like much of anything again -- and that was AFTER the antibiotics I ended up having to take for the secondary infection at one of my incision sites.

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not for my amp requirements,

Yeah, I don't need amps, I need longevity. Sammy 30Qs are in my next order.

Hay, Nasty boy, if you know of a local nut & bolt outfit that could cobble together a decent box, shoot me a PM, please!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I don't need amps, I need longevity. Sammy 30Qs are in my next order.

Hay, Nasty boy, if you know of a local nut & bolt outfit that could cobble together a decent box, shoot me a PM, please!
Mod or computer?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So found a new series, not sure if it is in the states yet on a cable provider.

FUCK it is twisted, dark and creepy.
It is called slasher.
Just seen your thread here! :) Sounds like my kind of series. I'll add this to my list. I'll have to see if I can find a free stream.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That'd be for the mods, all regulated. Yeah, I know I change lanes without signalling.

Damn. I was just thinkig about this. Originally, I thought that was a question about the 30Q, which would be for a mod. THat ade the question seem odd til I sorted in in my puny, pae brain. No, someplace that could build a box for my desk. I have pleanty of mods (fornoe) but I really need a PC. Sorry for the dumbfusion.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn. I was just thinkig about this. Originally, I thought that was a question about the 30Q, which would be for a mod. THat ade the question seem odd til I sorted in in my puny, pae brain. No, someplace that could build a box for my desk. I have pleanty of mods (fornoe) but I really need a PC. Sorry for the dumbfusion.
No worries, I am kinda at a lost for custom pc work wince I do my own when I can or a buddy that does some custom stuff.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries, I am kinda at a lost for custom pc work wince I do my own when I can or a buddy that does some custom stuff.

Not a problem, I appreciate it just the same. :)

I mean, thanks for nothin, pal!

Seriously, I'm just gon' buy me one.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a problem, I appreciate it just the same. :)

I mean, thanks for nothin, pal!

Seriously, I'm just gon' buy me one.
most places have gone away that did custom builds.
My buddy moved from the east coast and left comps for firearms.
Me it is just a hobby and the stress of worrying about busting or fouling something up on someone else's rig is just to much.

I streamlined and converted my cousin's comp from bloated turtle slow and classic mode like she wanted and she had the balls to accuse me of breaking her new laptop..... 99999999 icons on the screen, all the browser add ons fucked it up.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
most places have gone away that did custom builds.

Yep. Probably around the time I first bought in stead of building. I Have a buddy who builds, but I wouldn't impose.

I streamlined and converted my cousin's comp from bloated turtle slow and classic mode like she wanted and she had the balls to accuse me of breaking her new laptop..... 99999999 icons on the screen, all the browser add ons fucked it up.

Oh yeah. I've dome several conversions. That 'style' of desktop (the AOL.Hotmail/cat video.animated gif lovin. newoud) contributed why I never have a single icon on any af my own.

Thanks again for the input. Have your Mom kiss your boo-boo for me. :D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, Disturbing Dude is an apt description. Seriously, my few remaining friends tell me I should leave some topics alone when I'm kidding around but I never seem to do so. OK ... no mom jokes, man.

VU Sponsors