Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Made these for ZamaZam this morning

(3) 5 x 32KA1/30KA1 Cat Tracks (6 Wraps/3mm ID)
(2) 6 x .6R/26N80/38KD Framed Staple Coils (6 Wraps/3mm ID)

The Framed Staples are thick and were pretty tough when wrapping them I was worried they would fold but they wrapped just fine....I may try making some Naked Ribbon Coils later...
20160402_170047.jpg 20160402_165938.jpg
20160402_170104.jpg20160402_170114.jpg

Last edited:

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea I have the same one you have...I manage to beat it into a socket bit and get it on the drill but the room for wiggle is much too high and I wanted something that spun in a smaller radius if any.,..Glad you got it...I was 13 cents short in my account.
Thank you for that the other one is huge. So I got my sigelei touch screen today not impressed who makes a TC mod that only takes Ni these days and it's smaller than the X cube mini

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I
Thank you for that the other one is huge. So I got my sigelei touch screen today not impressed who makes a TC mod that only takes Ni these days and it's smaller than the X cube mini
What about the Laisimo L1...it used the same Colored display and is around the same size but has a few TC modes...
Theres a few like the IPV5, Presa 100w, Decimus, R200, Istick 100TC, Cuboid, RX200...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I

What about the Laisimo L1...it used the same Colored display and is around the same size but has a few TC modes...
Theres a few like the IPV5, Presa 100w, Decimus, R200, Istick 100TC, Cuboid, RX200...
Oh I have more than a few mods all are TC I have 2 ipv5's, 2 Fuchai's and 2 xcube 2's and 2 kbox 200w's I like things in 2's. Then I have one of about 8 more. The sigelei touch screen is really small. Image1459637215.171068.jpgImage1459637224.056662.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh I have more than a few mods all are TC I have 2 ipv5's, 2 Fuchai's and 2 xcube 2's and 2 kbox 200w's I like things in 2's. Then I have one of about 8 more. The sigelei touch screen is really small. View attachment 45805View attachment 45806
The Laisimo L1 should be the same thing..without the sharp edges on the opposing sides...it uses the same chip but Im not sure if its taller or not. It has different modes and TCR's I believe..

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I started buying doubles when there hasn't been anything new that I don't have that I want if I don't buy atleast some vape gear every week it just doesn't feel right. Plus I spent way more money on my rda collection

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I started buying doubles when there hasn't been anything new that I don't have that I want if I don't buy atleast some vape gear every week it just doesn't feel right. Plus I spent way more money on my rda collection

I changed sides and started buying more mechs/rda's...its a nice change of gear. the Regulated gear is almost all the same with slight changes and Im kind of sick of buying the same mod over and over...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
d49af78c773382473a59e59e52bad6a9.jpg

Don't mind the smudges I still haven't taken off the protective film

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I cheated today and bought alien wire just so I could get free shipping somewhere but I'll still have to make the coils lol. I've been seeing some crazy stuff lately Image1459637801.895668.jpgImage1459637809.657738.jpgImage1459637819.943165.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
d49af78c773382473a59e59e52bad6a9.jpg

Don't mind the smudges I still haven't taken off the protective film

You already have the mods I would suggest you grab....cant really help you with finding something new.
Hohm Wrecker G2, Laisimo L1, Smok R200, RX200, Cuboid and any DNA200 would fill that bill for TC...I dont use TC much at all besides with the Hohm Wrecker and Kanthal Builds..

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You already have the mods I would suggest you grab....cant really help you with finding something new.
Hohm Wrecker G2, Laisimo L1, Smok R200, RX200, Cuboid and any DNA200 would fill that bill for TC...I dont use TC much at all besides with the Hohm Wrecker and Kanthal Builds..
I have those too my DNA200 is being made my g2 is being repaired because of the spring that holds the battery tight broke. The only one I don't have that I was looking at was the Smok r200

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey, hoping together a little advice. Been doing lots of twisted this and thats and getting a bit bored, only thing holding me back is being too lazy to order wire. So I am ordering now, wanting to do some wrapped wires, ordering a good bit of all the ribbon sizes but curious about what's the most popular for claptoning? Have 32ga Kanth and Nichrome in the cart, along with some 37 just for giggles, will this get me going in the right direction? Or should I go with smaller ga?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
hey, hoping together a little advice. Been doing lots of twisted this and thats and getting a bit bored, only thing holding me back is being too lazy to order wire. So I am ordering now, wanting to do some wrapped wires, ordering a good bit of all the ribbon sizes but curious about what's the most popular for claptoning? Have 32ga Kanth and Nichrome in the cart, along with some 37 just for giggles, will this get me going in the right direction? Or should I go with smaller ga?
I would say use 34g-40g...it takes less to ramp it up and it still has the wicking properties and it almost wraps itself.
I made this list for anyone who wanted to get into building coils...

EVERYTHING possibly useful or needed for making coils, these are the exact tools I use...Ive gone through alot of tools and most either broke or weren't decent quality and these did the job and still do. If you can find the same thing for cheaper then grab it, you can always upgrade later on.

Ebay Links:
Nylon Pliers LINK
Strong Swivels LINK
Ceramic Tweezers LINK
My Favorite Coil Jig! LINK
Wire Bundle, Kanthal 22g-36g LINK
Wire Bundle, N80 26g/28g/32g/34g/36g LINK
38g Kanthal D 1000ft for $8 LINK

Home Depot links:
Toothless Needle Nose PliersLINK
Flush Cutters LINK
Vise LINK

Most expensive piece of the set, the Drill..
Cordless Drill with decent RPM speeds LINK

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks alot, I appreciate it. I bought 32/34/36 n80 and 32/34 kanthal. Along with my favorites in Ni and 316. Since this is a build thread.......

heres my new norm for the twisted, Kanth/Ni twisted with SS parallel, awesome vape.

okay, so I received this RDA, if that's what it's calling itself, about 3 days ago. Although I was sure I would never get over the brutal, violent and bareback rape that was it's QC, I now have to give it a little credit, this design goes far to simplify dripping on the go. After it's perilous journey from Gear best on the first of Feb, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I opened it to find only two screws for the velocity deck, minor issue since my spares from the Reaper Plus fit fine, then I attempt to screw the base into the ohm meter and the end of the copper 510 falls off.....broken right of the shank. A little torch/soldering and it miraculously works. This RDA isn't "great" at anything, has pretty good flavor and is NOT a fog machine, but is almost a leak proof design with a dripping process that requires removal of nothing, glass dropper fits right down center cap to middle reservoir where the cotton gets placed, pretty cool.

anyway, twisted SS/Ni200 running at 0.12 is a great vape in Ni TC @ 40w and 380-400, or wattage around 36. Great atty for work/driving

looking forward to my wire delivery. Thanks again

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After three tries in a week I finally managed to break the framed staple rain clouds over my head. 6x.5/26gk1 40n80
2.5 mm ~.09 ohm, a big build for sure but this goon handled it well. I really need to get a coil jig for these, they wrapped all funky and bummed me out.
301b96246ff0772220f3c1766de80a38.jpg

793dba76ba6cab0aa5bf8d0d163ae1e1.jpg

3ce324c0bfe01b634d3bf9af3a67a0e0.jpg

And the obligatory wicked up shot beside the top cap
a7baaaac74131082fe178e4308b229c6.jpg

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After three tries in a week I finally managed to break the framed staple rain clouds over my head. 6x.5/26gk1 40n80
2.5 mm ~.09 ohm, a big build for sure but this goon handled it well. I really need to get a coil jig for these, they wrapped all funky and bummed me out.
301b96246ff0772220f3c1766de80a38.jpg

793dba76ba6cab0aa5bf8d0d163ae1e1.jpg

3ce324c0bfe01b634d3bf9af3a67a0e0.jpg

And the obligatory wicked up shot beside the top cap
a7baaaac74131082fe178e4308b229c6.jpg

I like the Galaxy coloring on them bitches! Nice Job!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks! I've gotten more patient with firing and coloring. See what fun your missing out on by not using nichrome for the wrap

I do use N80 for the wrap but I think I burn it off....Im not certain which color Im looking for while heating it up and where I see it on the camera doesnt really make colors for me...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do use N80 for the wrap but I think I burn it off....Im not certain which color Im looking for while heating it up and where I see it on the camera doesnt really make colors for me...
It'll go gold then purple then blue when your pulsing. I actually made a light box since my camera is awful at getting the colors, its just a couple pieces of printer paper and a light above top piece. It diffuses the light as to not wash out the picture.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It'll go gold then purple then blue when your pulsing. I actually made a light box since my camera is awful at getting the colors, its just a couple pieces of printer paper and a light above top piece. It diffuses the light as to not wash out the picture.

I thought it was the other way around...when I get to gold Ive always thought Ive gone too far and then only continue until the hot spots are gone....that means half of the builds I have sitting around havent even got to colors yet...most of the pictures I post are when the coils are light light gold and when I take the pics where I take them the light always makes it look silver..I need to make a "Natural Light" setup...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it was the other way around...when I get to gold Ive always thought Ive gone too far and then only continue until the hot spots are gone....that means half of the builds I have sitting around havent even got to colors yet...most of the pictures I post are when the coils are light light gold and when I take the pics where I take them the light always makes it look silver..I need to make a "Natural Light" setup...
Yea lol your going to gold then just blowing through colors lol. Next time you do a simple take a little time and watch it go through the colors. Something that doesn't get alot of hotspots would be easiest to test.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd like to see some people's setups for pictures.. I use my phone camera (LG V10 - the best camera in a phone to date...) And macro lens. Obviously I need to get a higher zoom macro, but can't spare the $10 right now. But besides that a nice "light box" would do me some good, as the lights I've got now just don't do the colors justice.

Anyways.. I was sitting around doing nothing but holding the couch down today while suddenly I got some brilliant builders spark. An idea I thought I'd fidget with for a while...

I got to my build desk and decided soon after that I wasn't going to try today. But there's something cooking in my head, for a later date..

Anyways I did make this..

(2)26G cores × 38N80 clapton × .4 ribbon claptoned over the whole deal.

Just a single coil, broke out the mutation XS (Mutation 4 mini) for it...

A nice series build.. .53 ohms and the clouds on this sucker are bigger than my current builds all dual coils... Decent flavor for bottom airflow RDA. Actually pretty good flavor now that I take a nother vape.

Pretty fun.

6a6d66a8d26520d80e91355ce5fe5929.jpg

54a52057d3ca62c044b2b921da98dd34.jpg

7b6575ad6b7df471c34b495f501603fd.jpg

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to see some people's setups for pictures.. I use my phone camera (LG V10 - the best camera in a phone to date...) And macro lens. Obviously I need to get a higher zoom macro, but can't spare the $10 right now. But besides that a nice "light box" would do me some good, as the lights I've got now just don't do the colors justice.

Matt

I've got a similar setup, only a moto x 2014, a phone known to have one of the worst cameras for a flagship in years lol. I should upgrade but I love this phone way too much.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd like to see some people's setups for pictures.. I use my phone camera (LG V10 - the best camera in a phone to date...) And macro lens. Obviously I need to get a higher zoom macro, but can't spare the $10 right now. But besides that a nice "light box" would do me some good, as the lights I've got now just don't do the colors justice
Matt

My Camera Setup....I havent tried any software with it or test other settings on it but I just click MACRO and take a pic....I may end up making a simple light box soon...I need to get the coloring down like mentioned above first.
20160312_172848.jpg 20160312_172806.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You guys remember that build I posted a while back (In August I think), the one I had going for the longest time and posted a updated shot about it? The friend I let borrow my Castigador and Twisted Messes RDA with that build in it gave it back tonight and I was surprised to see that build still being used....This build was made last May and soon it will be a full year old used almost daily...This is the longest used coil I have ever built and I wanted to see the longevity on these types of coils, this coil is older then my membership at this forum..
Ill add a updated shot tomorrow but here's the build from its creation date (Details says May 3rd 2015) and one from August 14th...
2 x 22KA1/46N60 (I think its N60 anyway)
22K 46N60 .jpg 22K 46N60 Old.jpg

The setup before I let him borrow it:
Caastigador .jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dammit! So I got the Goon clone, and ordered a Tsunami clone in black. My mom said I'm not allowed to hang around with you anymore.
Tell her Its better then paying for the Authentic lol
I jumped on the Goon, TM Squared, Ruby Mod, Alliance FatBoy, and the Subzero Mod Clones...and I dont feel bad...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn it I need to start selling body parts... I hear kidneys go for good $$ on the black market.

I need a goon clone!

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
5-10 G's a piece from what I've heard...Im down to a lung and a spleen and I dont think I can give up one or the other without more plastic bags in there places...:p
I heard 6 digits... Damn I was mislead.

Matt

thermo289

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dbb8ff028c07a65bf563b504d1e521d9.jpg

280cd1bbdeb23e89c79c62180a91541d.jpg
4d9f7a3b846bcab4b950ace79a0ab0a9.jpg

f3807b88ba1b85c41d663a65a1dbdb59.jpg

Really went out of the box for the first time. Based it on a 12 coil build I saw online.

Specs: 20 wraps, 26AWG, 3.0mm ID, 6 total coils all in parallel, and reads out at 0.49 ohm

Flavor is best I have ever tasted, tho after fresh drip warm up kinda sucks even at 150watt. And if filled to the brim little bit of unwanted spit back for a rip or two.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
dbb8ff028c07a65bf563b504d1e521d9.jpg

280cd1bbdeb23e89c79c62180a91541d.jpg
4d9f7a3b846bcab4b950ace79a0ab0a9.jpg

f3807b88ba1b85c41d663a65a1dbdb59.jpg

Really went out of the box for the first time. Based it on a 12 coil build I saw online.

Specs: 20 wraps, 26AWG, 3.0mm ID, 6 total coils all in parallel, and reads out at 0.49 ohm

Flavor is best I have ever tasted, tho after fresh drip warm up kinda sucks even at 150watt. And if filled to the brim little bit of unwanted spit back for a rip or two.
Good god holy moly!
Reminds me to check the status of the So Horney RDA I had ordered lol

YAY its shipped out last night! @CrazyChef I suggest you check if yours shipped also!

VU Sponsors