Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Neither did I. I always have considered myself a minimalist/purist in nearly every sense, so the loop method seemed the most sensible method. I'm sure with enough practice you could master that method, you would however with little doubt in my mind, waste far more wire than you would with the former method mentioned.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
I've never claptoned off the spool before. Say my core wire is 1ft, about how long do I need to cut the 2 Clapton wires? Roughly if u can

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The build I posted for it the other day..maybe yesterday? I think its the Hedge Trimmer Build...I just liked how those setups were completely matched top to bottom...
How you liking the goon so far? I'm loving it... building on it is perfect and the chamber is short enough to keep the flavor booming.... I noticed last night that I've been grabbing the MOD with my goon on it more often the one with my TM2

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How you liking the goon so far? I'm loving it... building on it is perfect and the chamber is short enough to keep the flavor booming.... I noticed last night that I've been grabbing the MOD with my goon on it more often the one with my TM2

I like it for building, same with the TM Squared but I dont really prefer one over the other...they both are great...I will be buying some Torx Screws for the Goon Clamps and some Titanium Nitrate Coated and Hardened Screws for the TM Squared, Im not a fan of the screws on either of them...
The Flavor and Airflow are decent and similar on both but I do like the Goon AFC much better, not for its draw but due to its smooth adjustability...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know, ray, I've never even used the first TM. If you ever have too any of those laying around send one to a good home;)

I really like the looks of the tm2. Seems a great builders deck.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know, ray, I've never even used the first TM. If you ever have too any of those laying around send one to a good home;)

I really like the looks of the tm2. Seems a great builders deck.

Matt
You have anything for a trade? I have a few that I wouldnt mind trading for something I havent used..

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hardly have the collection you do Ray.. Unfortunately probably not.

And my collection seems to get smaller, my mad hatter mini center post turns 360 degrees upon tightening now lol. Can't use that one!

Matt

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao @BrattVapes I feel the same way. I'm just way to far behind on the latest gear. The newest thing I have is the griffin. I freaking love it for on the go/yard work or while loading ammo. I don't have to drip while working or driving anymore and it's almost strange. I had "topcap withdrawals" from using it at first. I was SO used to dripping and hadn't had a tank in uhhhh over a year or more lol

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel you @itsmenotyou I was never a tank user.

Thought I'd try my first tank as the crown.. RBA deck sucks and don't wanna buy coils.. The Griffin came around and now I love it. I use it most class days, and definitely when driving around.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I feel you @itsmenotyou I was never a tank user.

Thought I'd try my first tank as the crown.. RBA deck sucks and don't wanna buy coils.. The Griffin came around and now I love it. I use it most class days, and definitely when driving around.

Matt
I see...Ill see what I can do for you, if you have enough to cover shipping $ 6.80) I may send one your way...If you can PM me and we can go from there.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see...Ill see what I can do for you, if you have enough to cover shipping $ 6.80) I may send one your way...If you can PM me and we can go from there.
I was just messing around Ray you don't need to do that!!

when I first got the Griffin I would catch myself trying to take off a "top cap" to drip after a few pulls

Matt

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm rilly feeling this for my minivolt...

3612200-11.jpg

...hope I get over it.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I second that. Hopefully by then I can get one. Only tank I got is the kanger topbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait to be able to get ahold of a rta. Someday..

If you're willing to wait about a month, fasttech has the griffin clone for about 11 bucks

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have never ordered from them but I read nothing but bad reviews

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have never ordered from them but I read nothing but bad reviews

Its not for the impatient, thats for sure but ive ordered mods, attys and tools from fasttech and, for the price, i wasnt disappointed. If i want something authentic and quickly ill order from us vendors but for some reason i still like ordering there too

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you're willing to wait about a month, fasttech has the griffin clone for about 11 bucks

The Clone is horrible...I have both versions and the machining sucks, tons of oil left in/on it and the Juice flow holes are always cut off about 1/3 of the way off their tops...Its not worth the 11 bucks...Buy a Alleria or Boreas..or wait for when ever Leon decides to start production on my RTA...I can comment when but I doubt it will be soon as they have released 2 RTA's in 3 weeks and they are asking for input for a RDA now..

Bratt Ill have your RDA out tomorrow morning ;) Anything you want in it? or left blank?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Clone is horrible...I have both versions and the machining sucks, tons of oil left in/on it and the Juice flow holes are always cut off about 1/3 of the way off their tops...Its not worth the 11 bucks...Buy a Alleria or Boreas..or wait for when ever Leon decides to start production on my RTA...I can comment when but I doubt it will be soon as they have released 2 RTA's in 3 weeks and they are asking for input for a RDA now..

Bratt Ill have your RDA out tomorrow morning ;) Anything you want in it? or left blank?
Oh damn.. A build from Ray??? Surprise me boss man!? Something I could throw on the abaddon!!

Matt

The nice thing about the Griffin was the price point... $35 for a tank I legit love... And no more dripping and driving, lol.

Tell Leon we want that RayRTA soon!!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh damn.. A build from Ray??? Surprise me boss man!? Something I could throw on the abaddon!!

Matt

The nice thing about the Griffin was the price point... $35 for a tank I legit love... And no more dripping and driving, lol.

Tell Leon we want that RayRTA soon!!!
Im sending you a TM RDA that you would have to buy a Black/Gold Edition and a Normal Edition to Create...A Murdered Out Messes :cool:, sporting a Black/Gold TM Deck. Im not sure what I can come out with for a build but I will think of something...I wont post pictures of the build so it will be a surprise...Here is your new RDA:
20160331_194603.jpg 20160331_194628.jpg 20160331_194647.jpg

I hope you will enjoy it...and bring us pictures of your builds you create with it!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im sending you a TM RDA that you would have to buy a Black/Gold Edition and a Normal Edition to Create...A Murdered Out Messes :cool:, using a Black/Gold TM Deck. Im not sure what I can come out with for a build but I will think of something...I wont post pictures of the build so it will be a surprise...Here is your new RDA:
View attachment 45494 View attachment 45492 View attachment 45493

I hope you will enjoy it...and bring us pictures of your builds you create with it!
Man that's amazing. Thanks so much Ray! Definitely can't wait to get this puppy firing!

Matt

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice. i love the all black combo for some reason. got a couple grey and stainless attys from impulse purchases at the local shop, but all my stuff is generally black for some reason.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I may eventually start selling Mods and RDA's but for now Im in good shape and I like having something to work towards. Ive known Bratt for some time now and Ive seen him post and contribute quite a bit so I dont mind helping someone out thats also helps others.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may eventually start selling Mods and RDA's but for now Im in good shape and I like having something to work towards. Ive known Bratt for some time now and Ive seen him post and contribute quite a bit so I dont mind helping someone out thats also helps others.
Selling??? Why?

ljbmx1211

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so here's my build for the next few days and my girlfriends snow wolf on the side lol, anyway those juices are pretty good. I tried twisted messes e juice I think it's garbage I'm sorry I love his mods and his rda and his builds but the performance on his juice is awful but that's just my personal opinion

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 30

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ended up making a series build tonight for the NC. 10 wraps 28/38N80 FC.

I found out today that my "2.3mm" ID is actually 3mm... So that's good to know...

The noisy cricket just hums right along with the .43 ohms.. Love it.

94bc8a22da4db77bf1848d7067108020.jpg

0cea700b2bf2101c9d9c9d0a969ce6f0.jpg

ddad5cb525952434de172cb7a8022a1b.jpg

c85c04be7980faaae27d38277234ecda.jpg

Matt

ljbmx1211

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ended up making a series build tonight for the NC. 10 wraps 28/38N80 FC.

I found out today that my "2.3mm" ID is actually 3mm... So that's good to know...

The noisy cricket just hums right along with the .43 ohms.. Love it.

94bc8a22da4db77bf1848d7067108020.jpg

0cea700b2bf2101c9d9c9d0a969ce6f0.jpg

ddad5cb525952434de172cb7a8022a1b.jpg

c85c04be7980faaae27d38277234ecda.jpg

Matt
You should flatten that or maybe Polish it'd look sick.... even though that's one impressive build xD good job on the coils bud

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You should flatten that or maybe Polish it'd look sick.... even though that's one impressive build xD good job on the coils bud

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
In order for me to flatten wire I really have to have nothing to do that day lol it takes me a while to do that. Thanks!

Matt

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never claptoned off the spool before. Say my core wire is 1ft, about how long do I need to cut the 2 Clapton wires? Roughly if u can

Depends on the gauge of the outer wrap...maybe more or less than 2x the space between your hands spread eagle. 8-12' maybe. I usually cut 1 length of wire and then feed the other length from the spool so the two strands don't get tangled. I'll post some pictures next time I'm doing a staggered setup...

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its not the usual build as the build I made for it wouldnt fit...it was just TOO BIG. This will give you a warm to hot vape, ramp up insanely quickly and has more surface area then most dual coil builds...
3x24 316L Squared SS/40N80 Fused Clapton (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .09 Ohms):

20160401_094653.jpg 20160401_094748.jpg 20160401_094740.jpg

Firing on Dual Parallel Box:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByjxYyTSvEyBWFBiUExCV3ZBVTg

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, I keep reading about these "Staple Coil" builds and wanted to try one. I went out and got the stuff to make them (each piece is about 11 cm long - plenty for a dual coil build):

2016-04-01 10.18.20.jpg

But this keeps happening:

2016-04-01 10.20.23.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, well, I'm not having a good day either - I've gone through about 7 lengths of staples so far and NOT A SINGLE ONE will wrap around the coil jig. Should I try a different jig? This one is 2.5mm

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too funny chief. Thank you!

My eyes hurt so bad today.. So red it looks like I went 5 rounds with Bob Marley. Thanks contacts.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, well, I'm not having a good day either - I've gone through about 7 lengths of staples so far and NOT A SINGLE ONE will wrap around the coil jig. Should I try a different jig? This one is 2.5mm
You need to stab your finger a few times then they slip around the bit just fine ;)

While waiting for the HOG V2 I decided to make a build thats a bit higher in resistance then I originally wanted to make for it but Im sure it'll be too hott for me already. This build is massive and most RDA's could even handle a 1/3 of each coil inside them...With the hohm Wrecker G2 at max wattage it barely glows....Remember the 151w that the Hohm Wrecker puts out feels twice as powerful as most 200w mods I own...It should be beastly with 8.4V pushing 352w at it...

2 x 22KA1/42N80 Fused Claptons (11 Wraps/4mm ID @ .2 Ohms)
20160401_111230.jpg 20160401_111855.jpg 20160401_112256.jpg 20160401_111959.jpg 20160401_111915.jpg 20160401_111220.jpg

VU Sponsors