Become a Patron!

Post your builds

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm making up some 28/36 and 24/36 fused Claptons. The 28s I'm gonna try in the griffin then the 24/36 in the cube most likely.
I need some new vape gear but I'm out of funds for both vape gear and gun goods for a while.
Being an adult sucks lmao

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
cork-lathe-set-up.jpg
I was just going to use my Rifle Rest lol
23b34f86362d5f1feec300bb9f6ad8be.png

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Dawn, i took some heavy gauge wire and passed it through the hole and then threaded the swivel onto it then just twisted the wire, you want to twist the wire so the twist is on the side where the actual hole is then it wont get in the way of the spinning swivel, after i twisted it up i wrapped some electrical tape to keep it against the shaft part of the table vise, i think i may have used 20g kanthal but i dont see why 22 or 24g couldnt be used, if your a little worried about it wearing and breaking then double up the wire.

That hand vise or wire vise that you were given the link to should fit most drills but you could always ask chef to measure it as i know he has one the same as that
The vise I got has a pretty big hole but I'll definitely trying that I'll double it up just to give more of a distribution of the tension. Sounds good in my mind anyways.
@chef would the hand vice fit in the 3/8 drill or should I go buy the big guy I liked the smaller drill because it wasn't as big and bulky and this drill would only for making wire but if it'll make
My life that much easier I'll go buy the more expensive one to come to think about it for double the price you get 2 batteries and the bigger drill so I guess it's actually better deal in the long run it'd be cheaper since batteries are like 60$ for one

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it sad that only they only things that fit on my bed is me and the mods I'm using that night geez good thing I'm not trying to get into a relationship for a while because I'd be like sorry you have to sleep on the floor and he might just think I'm that crazy ]Image1459300417.115103.jpg

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it sad that only they only things that fit on my bed is me and the mods I'm using that night geez good thing I'm not trying to get into a relationship for a while because I'd be like sorry you have to sleep on the floor and he might just think I'm that crazy ]View attachment 45238

Pfft if he/she don't understand the importance of several mods kick his/her ass to the curb

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let us know I for one have been on the fence on investing on Ti wire
Not sure it's really worth it
Ok... New info. I just put a Ti build in my Crown RBA and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I'm using 6mg Max VG the build is a 5 wrap spaced coil, and comes in at .25 ohms. I have it set at 35 watts 520F on my Presa 75tc, and it's amazing. Great Clouds, and amazing Flavor. Worth the investment. It is totally a mater of what you put it in.

ljbmx1211

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it sad that only they only things that fit on my bed is me and the mods I'm using that night geez good thing I'm not trying to get into a relationship for a while because I'd be like sorry you have to sleep on the floor and he might just think I'm that crazy ]View attachment 45238

OMG those modddddds: )

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That always happens to me it pisses me off so bad. I think I need to use the nylon tipped pliers a little better.
I need to buy some.. They're the only piece of equipment I don't have. And maybe some new IDs to wrap with..

Matt

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got this in the mail on Friday, what are your thoughts?

I have a clone, and it's not bad. If you ever wondered what a Velocity would be like with bottom air flow this is the answer. Like any bottom air flow you need to exercise some caution to not over drip, and it's going to slobber on your mod anyways just from condensation. Deck is the same size as Velocity, was hoping for bigger somehow but the barrel is ~.10" bigger i.d.. I'll use it, but probably won't be in the daily rotation.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a Tsunami RDA coming in this morning so I decided to go back into the wire cave and get to building. After yesterdays wires I thought something Staggered was in order and since I dont have any Ribbon left I decided to just do a Staggered Fused Clapton for now. Now I havent done them in quite some time and for not being conditioned for them I think I did pretty well myself for a first go around! The RDA isnt here yet but I figured I would post them since they seem to be immaculate and I was pretty impressed with myself. I used the Loop Method for the first time and I gotta say its 100x's better then the origi9nal 2 strands method!

I will update when the Tsunami gets here with the installed pictures.

2 x 24N80/34N80 Staggered Fused Claptons (6 Wraps/3mm ID @ .1 Ohms)
20160330_105241.jpg 20160330_105248.jpg 20160330_110036.jpg 20160330_110056.jpg20160330_113808.jpg 20160330_114305.jpg 20160330_114700.jpg 20160330_114331.jpg

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 diablos and indestructible will be here today as well as my 26ga ti and possibly my .3 ribbon. Not sure what to make, someone turned on a snot faucet in my cranium and i feel like absolute ass so sitting in front of the drill getting pissed off doesn't sound like a fun time. Ti needs to be spaced right? May just do a couple of tc builds for now...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
34-38g in my opinion. Anything thicker may be more difficult on the final wrap until you get it down. I really got it down with 36n80...

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
And you use the loop method?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you use the loop method?

No. I use the parallel Clapton method, unwrapping one of the Clapton wires leaving even spaces between each wrap.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh. I never wanted to try that method. Never wanted to waste the wire... maybe I'll give it a shot

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I used the Loop method and it worked pretty well...I didnt do just one or 2 loops behind the wrap, I did three and held it tight and let it push my hand...It did it all by itself, the hardest part was lining up the wires while fusing them...Its that easy and you waste less then 4" of wire...

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Im gonna start building some complex coils soon, but heres a question Ive had a while. How do you figure out the resistance? Like, its easy with a single coil, or a single core coil, you just figure it with the core wire, but what about stuff with multiple cores like a fused clapton or a framed staple or something? Usually I just punch the info into the steam engine to get a good idea of where itll be, but with multi cored stuff Im totally lost.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So Im gonna start building some complex coils soon, but heres a question Ive had a while. How do you figure out the resistance? Like, its easy with a single coil, or a single core coil, you just figure it with the core wire, but what about stuff with multiple cores like a fused clapton or a framed staple or something? Usually I just punch the info into the steam engine to get a good idea of where itll be, but with multi cored stuff Im totally lost.
You start to develop a rough idea of resistance as you build some more complex coils after a bit..

I still use steam. Use the wire Wizard tab in Steam, you can literally create the wire from the ground up. Steam is fairly accurate with this, and will tell you the resistance for the coil. It's going to tell you single coil resistance, for duals just cut it in half.

Terrible photo but I'm on my phone.
cf6cb2035e1ab59cbef6c5fed30c1634.jpg

Matt

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SteamEngine is great, but requires an internet connection (I'm often times in bad reception areas, fucking concrete jungle lol), so I recommend getting the VapeTool (it's for Android), it has all the same features as SteamEngine, and includes Clapton, Ribbon,and Fused Clapton (multicore) and more. Plus other useful features too (every wire type, can calculate up to Octa Coils, eliquid calculator, ohms law calc, wire gauge converter, etc). I don't even use SteamEngine anymore, this is way handier (and again, doesn't require the use of internet either :p).

Last edited:

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So just because I need to make sure the jewelers vise would fit in my drill I went back and got the bigger one for 40$ more and 2 batteries I actually think it's a better deal. The one I bought my dad who uses it semi regularly for household projects and what not has lasted 6 years and that's with a Ni-cad battery so I got all the stuff either with me or on its way

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The best place to go is a craft store and in the jewelry making idle or beading it's like a coil builders paradise.
Damnit. now I have to go with the gf when she goes to get more beads
I got me a hippy girl that makes bracelets and hair bands so she goes to get beads and wire pretty often

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, there are tons of apps and several sites that will compute a rough resistance for your builds.

Things to keep in mind are:
Your outter clapton wire makes nominal changes in your resistance, your resistance comes from the core wires.
Steam and others may be accurate, but for more complex builds with lots of cores, they are often springy and if you wrap on a 1/8" bit (~2.3mm ID) that coil will spring up to larger than that, which will increase your resistance.

You want to use one of these apps to get a target on resistance, but don't expect your coil to be to the thousandth of what steam says.

Are you looking to use regulated or Mech mod? Parallel or series?

Matt

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damnit. now I have to go with the gf when she goes to get more beads
I got me a hippy girl that makes bracelets and hair bands so she goes to get beads and wire pretty often

sent from a dumb operated smart phone
Well now you can bond over bead making tools lol. Pretty much everything I own has come from there. Then I see the same stuff same brand and everything on a vape site and it's double the price sometimes EBAY is cheaper but I'd go so you at least know what you want and what you could make work

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So just because I need to make sure the jewelers vise would fit in my drill I went back and got the bigger one for 40$ more and 2 batteries I actually think it's a better deal. The one I bought my dad who uses it semi regularly for household projects and what not has lasted 6 years and that's with a Ni-cad battery so I got all the stuff either with me or on its way

I use a makita drill. Fantastic for construction and never had an issue with wire either. Just don't get an impact driver and you'll be okay ;)

Matt

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
::Series build::
Polished 32/34 Aliens w/26g in parallel. Ridiculous surface area and incredible flavor/vapor stuff. Dual coil is .33Ω for an 8/7 wrap. Nichrome cores for the aliens, the rest is kanthal. The 34G is outstanding for polished builds, it holds up great to the process. I wasn't sure about the 32g cores but it all worked out alright.
d96b665b9d475a938ef06fb3e7dbf51f.jpg

579075314c5531c1267f72832151f155.jpg

ab3f30b52b61db4dd74b6d0f10303f56.jpg

51cf12e573f3c7306135c7f52d7b5bd1.jpg

1a428c610ae0d0913c6ce90b65b0495b.jpg

Lil' performance clip:
Some talent you got there excellent work

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does everyone get these tanks and stuff to test? Are they being purchased or sent to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The vise I got has a pretty big hole but I'll definitely trying that I'll double it up just to give more of a distribution of the tension. Sounds good in my mind anyways.
@chef would the hand vice fit in the 3/8 drill or should I go buy the big guy I liked the smaller drill because it wasn't as big and bulky and this drill would only for making wire but if it'll make
My life that much easier I'll go buy the more expensive one to come to think about it for double the price you get 2 batteries and the bigger drill so I guess it's actually better deal in the long run it'd be cheaper since batteries are like 60$ for one
Just a heads up the measurments they give for the Vise are dead wrong, and the picture isnt the same Hand Vise...Its similar but the handle is much larger then the Jaw and the jaw is an inch wide....It wont fit the drill the way it is now so I will have to modify it so it will fit...

Where are you guys getting the vise's that are small enough to put in the chuck?

Chewy

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all I'm new to this forum stuff hehe.
but here are some of mine builds that I start doing. It's mine first try at fused claptons and find it quite hard todo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    793.3 KB · Views: 31

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a makita drill. Fantastic for construction and never had an issue with wire either. Just don't get an impact driver and you'll be okay ;)

Matt
Yeah they tried selling me a set that had the drill and impact driver then they went for a hammer something basically a drill with a handle

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They say 2's company 3's a crowd well not this time View attachment 45321

If you havent ordered a Boreas RTA then I suggest you preorder it while you can....its build room and capacity shit on both the Griffin25 and the VCMT...Plus its about the same price as the Griffin25, but its already available. I did a review of it HERE if you would like to check it out..

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I break it out now and then, as well as the Magma V1 just for S&Gs. Magma V1 is a bit lacking airflow though, usually only put one coil in it with both airholes on max.

VU Sponsors