f962781af2b24e1cc01e4e2ce25bf49c.jpg
Clean build. Any details on it?

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
N
2 x 24K/38N80 Fused Claptons...I cant believe they are from that long ago...about 8 pages back in PM's...took forever to find the Convo
Never got around to playing with anything ither then kanthal

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
N

Never got around to playing with anything ither then kanthal
I like KA1, Kanthal D, N60, and N80 alot...Nichrome is much more pliable and lower resistance but not too much lower like SS...If SS was just a bit higher I would use it more often.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like plyable. But im building super low these days. The single coil from earlier is a .12 and im limited to .1 (dont have a dna (yet) ) and im not crazy enought to drop a stupid low ohm on my tube.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like plyable. But im building super low these days. The single coil from earlier is a .12 and im limited to .1 (dont have a dna (yet) ) and im not crazy enought to drop a stupid low ohm on my tube.
Buy a Hohm Wrecker, Laisimo L1, Snow Wolf, X Cube II, R200, or similar....they all fire things atleast .05 and up, except the R200 and xcube is .08 and up.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Buy a Hohm Wrecker, Laisimo L1, Snow Wolf, X Cube II, R200, or similar....they all fire things atleast .05 and up, except the R200 and xcube is .08 and up.
I got my eyes on a fuchelli (if i butchered the spelling im sorry) but my vape budget is just cut to juice for the time being. Buying a motorcycle so that toy is takeing priority for me now

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally got outta my build funk and got some aliens built
5ea48fdbd785e30f212470f31a6df610.jpg
28k/38k 5 wrap 2.5mm id .18ohms on the griffin

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Them aliens be pretty!

For me, and its totally opinion, the Griffin deals out better flavor/vapor with fused claptons than aliens..
I think it's due to the fact that resistance is lower so you have to push more watts for the same experience with aliens.

Nonetheless great build! Still haven't gotten aliens down with the 38 yet myself.

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use Instagram often but it is kind of cool when the maker of the rda your using likes more than 1 build on it.
2693ac0e5a0b02f16a6d59b862b28702.jpg

Edit: I did some measuring today since there's no info on the air hole size of the goon and each hole is 3mm, exaclty the same as the petri. So your basically getting a 24mm petri with the extra cloud cap for $100 less. It's also fairly close in height and driptip size.
Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Them aliens be pretty!

For me, and its totally opinion, the Griffin deals out better flavor/vapor with fused claptons than aliens..
I think it's due to the fact that resistance is lower so you have to push more watts for the same experience with aliens.

Nonetheless great build! Still haven't gotten aliens down with the 38 yet myself.

Matt
I pretty much agree with you there but i really like the smaller 28ga aliens over say lower gauge fc's. I also wanted to see if these will wick better in the griffin as my fc's and frapples got gunky pretty fast in there

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I pretty much agree with you there but i really like the smaller 28ga aliens over say lower gauge fc's. I also wanted to see if these will wick better in the griffin as my fc's and frapples got gunky pretty fast in there

Yeah part of it for me is I was using 26g cores for both FC and aliens, so an alien build comes to .1-.15 versus .25... Might try again with 28g cores.

My FCs have been in the Griffin for God knows how long... Might be a bit gunked up but if my OCD eyes don't see them while I drip like an RDA, I don't mind. When/if the flavor drops off I'll rewick.. Don't wanna ruin the good thing that is this build.

It's a 26g,34g,26g core and 38 fuse... Fricken love it. .24 ohms on the IPV.

Matt

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

From what I've seen everything gets gunky in my Griffin really quick, even aliens last only a couple weeks

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I've seen everything gets gunky in my Griffin really quick, even aliens last only a couple weeks

I rewick after every 5 tanks or so or at least check them.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rewick after every 5 tanks or so or at least check them.

If I had to guess I'm somewhere around that, maybe closer to 7 or 8. Still aliens in my rda can last as long as I want, it must be never getting the coil dry that gunks them.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't someone post a link earlier a few days ago about a good clone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't use Instagram often but it is kind of cool when the maker of the rda your using likes more than 1 build on it.
2693ac0e5a0b02f16a6d59b862b28702.jpg

Edit: I did some measuring today since there's no info on the air hole size of the goon and each hole is 3mm, exaclty the same as the petri. So your basically getting a 24mm petri with the extra cloud cap for $100 less. It's also fairly close in height and driptip size.
Yea I think I need to add the # tags on all of mine...I usually dont add anything but specs.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I think I need to add the # tags on all of mine...I usually dont add anything but specs.

I kept wondering why you were only getting a handful of likes, when you should be getting hundreds, then I realized there were no #hashtags..........Unfortunately Insta runs pretty much solely on #hashtags :headbang:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been looking but can't find a review of this clone here. Did you do one raymo?
I doubt anyone has gotten one yet...Ill do one when it comes in.

I was looking at that Kennedy clone... good mod? What type of builds are good for that?
Ive wanted a Ruby for a long ass time...its a 3 post and its a Tube so build between .15-.3 and use GOOD BATTERIES ONLY!! Its a real hybrid setup.

So I followed your advice DED420 and the moment I added those tags people like Squidoode and a ton of other people have seen them...what a world of difference!
Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-39-39.png

This is what I just did in the Office...I havent coiled it but its a beast. Its a 24N80/22KA1/24N80 Core wrapped in 40KD then Caged with 2 Different Claptons and Twisted Wires and 2 Single 22KA1 Strands..
2013fc3516aa778d515af08398a481c5.png
20160405_105712.jpg

and Im not sure if I wanted to install this yet either:
3e7df0b9f7447bda374df8f6f184bedc.png

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt anyone has gotten one yet...Ill do one when it comes in.

Ive wanted a Ruby for a long ass time...its a 3 post and its a Tube so build between .15-.3 and use GOOD BATTERIES ONLY!! Its a real hybrid setup.

So I followed your advice DED420 and the moment I added those tags people like Squidoode and a ton of other people have seen them...what a world of difference!
View attachment 46134

This is what I just did in the Office...I havent coiled it but its a beast. I cant find my pic of the Fused clapton being wrapped but its a 24N80/22KA1/24N80 Core wrapped in 40KD then Caged with 2 Different Claptons and Twisted Wires and 2 Single 22KA1 Strands..
View attachment 46135
I only have Sammy 25r's and authentic vct5's. Those good enough?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've been using the ones I got from Chef since the week he sent them to me, which has to be close to 2 months now, still looking fine. Rewicked dozens of times though. This current wicking is plugging away like a champ though, about a week so far and no nasty taste and when I checked it last night it was white and nice.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I still have that Alien Fraple build that I got from Chef in one of my Griffins...As long as you take care of the coils they will last for a long damn time...Ive had a build last almost a year and the only reason its not in use anymore is because I found it to be unsafe..Im sure if it wasnt brought back to me it would still be in use though...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That will do just fine. I use 25R's for everything if building any lower the .15 make sure to use HB6's...just to be safe and keep everything cool.

Cool... I was looking at the HB6's when I was looking at the Diablo mod. Which should I get... the Diablo or that Kennedy Ruby?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool... I was looking at the HB6's when I was looking at the Diablo mod. Which should I get... the Diablo or that Kennedy Ruby?
I would get that Brass Diablo if it was up to me...the extra battery life and the overhead for lower resistance gives it more advantage. Plus I know that Brass Diablo hits crazy hard as long as you keep the contacts clean its also clear coated so it doesnt patina unless it scratches off. I dont have the Ruby yet so I cant comment on it...

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all. Just coming over from the other site. Here are a couple of my recent builds.

Fused clapton/clapton parallel. Cores are 28g N80 on both and the wraps are 36g N80. 1/8 ID and measures 0.36 ohms.
QleRibN.jpgl

7 loop vertebraid of 36g N80. Braid got messed up in a few places like in the top loop from having to stop for husband/daddy duties. 3/32 ID and measured 0.79 ohms.
JmFkFPH.jpgl

Raymo what's your IG tag? I'd add you.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did you do a review of the authentic Goon?
Nope I just posted pics and a complaint that I had about it when I first got it. Its a good RDA but Im not sure how long my Brass Version is going to last...The clamp bars look like they bent with the last build and Im worried it will only get worse. If I was to recommend it I would say get the SS Version for sure just for the added strength. but the Bars I think will still be brass.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all. Just coming over from the other site. Here are a couple of my recent builds.

Fused clapton/clapton parallel. Cores are 28g N80 on both and the wraps are 36g N80. 1/8 ID and measures 0.36 ohms.
QleRibN.jpgl

7 loop vertebraid of 36g N80. Braid got messed up in a few places like in the top loop from having to stop for husband/daddy duties. 3/32 ID and measured 0.79 ohms.
JmFkFPH.jpgl

Raymo what's your IG tag? I'd add you.
I wil also

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
94c3ffeeacf17c38bb1093e3744efa0b.jpg
f4eafbd166f11d906b99c8edbf6d55c9.jpg
0daf9a0029663e38983b2f78523685c2.jpg

Had about 20 min yesterday before I left my business to build and this is what came of it. 4x26n80 wrapped in 2 ribbon wires, one ribbon claptoned in 38kD. .45 ohms. 3.2mm i.d. Nice warm vape. Bit higher resistance than I anticipated. Great freaking flavor and surprisingly great vapor production for a moderately sized coil. Built a bit out of necessity. The internal connection from trigger to 510 in my lucifer came loose and caused a massive short leaving one vtc4's with 2.14v and the other with .84v. Needless to say they're trash. I'm just greatful my hand, face, and leg didn't suffer any ramifications. I reconnected it with no issue, but regardless of how many times I disassemble, clean, check conductivity, and reassemble I cannot get the series configuration to function. I have it set in parallel currently with no issues. I'm just going to have to force the eBay seller to accept it back and either refund my $ or send me another. Raymo2u...have you had any problems with your Lou?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope I just posted pics and a complaint that I had about it when I first got it. Its a good RDA but Im not sure how long my Brass Version is going to last...The clamp bars look like they bent with the last build and Im worried it will only get worse. If I was to recommend it I would say get the SS Version for sure just for the added strength. but the Bars I think will still be brass.
I'll have to keep an eye on mine as I tend to crank my builds down pretty tight being that I'm vaping on a mech. The brass finish is super high maintenance, in 1 week it looks like it's been buried in my yard for a month and im very easy on gear.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
94c3ffeeacf17c38bb1093e3744efa0b.jpg
f4eafbd166f11d906b99c8edbf6d55c9.jpg
0daf9a0029663e38983b2f78523685c2.jpg

Had about 20 min yesterday before I left my business to build and this is what came of it. 4x26n80 wrapped in 2 ribbon wires, one ribbon claptoned in 38kD. .45 ohms. 3.2mm i.d. Nice warm vape. Bit higher resistance than I anticipated. Great freaking flavor and surprisingly great vapor production for a moderately sized coil. Built a bit out of necessity. The internal connection from trigger to 510 in my lucifer came loose and caused a massive short leaving one vtc4's with 2.14v and the other with .84v. Needless to say they're trash. I'm just greatful my hand, face, and leg didn't suffer any ramifications. I reconnected it with no issue, but regardless of how many times I disassemble, clean, check conductivity, and reassemble I cannot get the series configuration to function. I have it set in parallel currently with no issues. I'm just going to have to force the eBay seller to accept it back and either refund my $ or send me another. Raymo2u...have you had any problems with your Lou?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
None what so ever...how did it short inside?? Do you have a pic of your internals? Was yours a clone...I wonder if your internals are slightly different. I had mine apart earlier to clean it and I dont remember anything that could even cause a short...

Ohh you had it in Parallel...I have not done that yet...I keep it in Series and use the Snip and Exodus for Parallel. That makes me not even want to try it in Parallel...
Im glad your okay, that seriously sucks..
You bought it off Ebay?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll have to keep an eye on mine as I tend to crank my builds down pretty tight being that I'm vaping on a mech. The brass finish is super high maintenance, in 1 week it looks like it's been buried in my yard for a month and im very easy on gear.

Just remember my ketchup tut and you'll be okay...the deck doesnt seem to have the same issue or not as quickly...the Barrel seems to tarnish very quickly...They should of used Naval Brass like most nicer mods...it doesnt tarnish as fast and has a much brighter shine when cleaned up.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just remember my katchup tut and you'll be okay...the deck doesnt seem to have the same issue or not as quickly...the Barrel seems to tarnish very quickly...They should of used Naval Brass like most nicer mods...it doesnt tarnish as fast and has a much brighter shine when cleaned up.
Yea when I rebuild before the vape show this weekend in pittsburgh I'll be shining it up, and yes only the barrel is tarnishing , even the AFC is still pretty bright.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea when I rebuild before the vape show this weekend in pittsburgh I'll be shining it up, and yes only the barrel is tarnishing , even the AFC is still pretty bright.

If you come across some stuff called Never-Dull at a automotive store or walmart pick it up and use that after you clean the top cap...only use it on the outside of the topcap/barrel and it leaves a slight film that keeps it from getting nasty for a bit longer...it also helps clean the mod if you use it to "buff" with the fiber clusters.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you come across some stuff called Never-Dull at a automotive store or walmart pick it up and use that after you clean the top cap...only use it on the outside of the topcap/barrel and it leaves a slight film that keeps it from getting nasty for a bit longer...it also helps clean the mod if you use it to "buff" with the fiber clusters.
I have some in my garage actually lol, I was going to use it but it leaves a nasty ass residue, I Even clean it off my knives when polish them. Great stuff though, especially for stainless.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have some in my garage actually lol, I was going to use it but it leaves a nasty ass residue, I Even clean it off my knives when polish them. Great stuff though, especially for stainless.

I usually wipe off the excess with a napkin but I try not to rub it all off..I wish they used some kind of clear ceramic glaze or something on it....I mean I guess I could do it myself..

VU Sponsors