Post your builds

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wooow but it is a 1.5d?

Enviado desde mi D5106 mediante Tapatalk
The ID? I don't know... I asked the creator on his IG just now.

The ID doesn't look to be a standard 2.3 or even 3 mm. Might be around 1.5 if I have to guess.

I think I'm trying this tonight. 8 single core 28/38claptons.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The ID? I don't know... I asked the creator on his IG just now.

The ID doesn't look to be a standard 2.3 or even 3 mm. Might be around 1.5 if I have to guess.

I think I'm trying this tonight. 8 single core 28/38claptons.

Matt
I would run a quad on 3mm ID, that way it comes out higher then .08 and you can actually use it... 2x24KA1/38KD 5 Wraps

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would run a quad on 3mm ID, that way it comes out higher then .08 and you can actually use it... 2x24KA1/38KD 5 Wraps
I'd like to run the Octo...

His build was .06 because he used fused claptons of 28g...

If I use single core claptons it should be around the .12 mark (rough mental math?)

which I could use on the IPV..

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd like to run the Octo...

His build was .06 because he used fused claptons of 28g...

If I use single core claptons it should be around the .12 mark (rough mental math?)

which I could use on the IPV..

Matt
Only if you had a Hohm Wrecker G2. Tres Equis, a Vertex Mod, or HOG V1 huh?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
However a quad FC build would be cool too.

It'd be cool to do 2 26 FCs on the bottom and 28 FCs for the top. . .

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
However a quad FC build would be cool too.

It'd be cool to do 2 26 FCs on the bottom and 28 FCs for the top. . .

Matt
Try a Hybrid;)
I think tomorrow I will reverse the same coil I did so theres fatter wire on the edges and thinner wire in the center, I may also run some 22KA1 Polished in parallel for both coils afterwards....Do something out of the Box!:idea:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only if you had a Hohm Wrecker G2. Tres Equis, a Vertex Mod, or HOG V1 huh?
Yeah that's what I thought... Single cores could make the resistance proper for me.

However you bring up a twist on the idea... I could do 4 FCs instead and .12 would still be the resistance??

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try a Hybrid;)
I think tomorrow I will reverse the same coil I did so theres fatter wire on the edges and thinner wire in the center, I may also run some 22KA1 Polished in parallel for both coils afterwards....Do something out of the Box!:idea:
I'd like too! I need to pick up better swivels though....

Mine are starting to bind on me and I am afraid to do much in the way of intricate builds right now.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah that's what I thought... Single cores could make the resistance proper for me.

However you bring up a twist on the idea... I could do 4 FCs instead and .12 would still be the resistance??

Matt
Exactly, your doubling the resistance cutting half of the coils out of the picture, it will still look clustered.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd like too! I need to pick up better swivels though....

Mine are starting to bind on me and I am afraid to do much in the way of intricate builds right now.

Matt
Look for Mustad 400lbs+ Rated Swivels...ever since getting mine I havent had an Issue...I was breaking them before that all the way up to 250lbs rated swivels...Not that they would come apart but they would pull apart enough to lock up and when they do it once they dont stop doing it afterwards...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Exactly, your doubling the resistance cutting half of the coils out of the picture, it will still look clustered.
Yep so I just have to decide... 8 single cores... Or 4 fused claptons.

If I do the 4 FCs I could do 2 26 and 2 28s.....

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look for Mustad 400lbs+ Rated Swivels...ever since getting mine I havent had an Issue...I was breaking them before that all the way up to 250lbs rated swivels...Not that they would come apart but they would pull apart enough to lock up and when they do it once they dont stop doing it afterwards...
Yeah I'll have to look. I think that is what happened to mine finally.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I'll have to look. I think that is what happened to mine finally.

Matt
Here are some 550lbs swivels...LINK
If you use KA1 and KD you wont have resistance issues, if you use N80 for the cores you may run into being too low. I suggest not going under .08 on a parallel box.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't think I'll be buying online. I'll have to run down to sportsman's and bass pro this weekend and look for some. I don't see why Bass Pro wouldn't have Mustad.

My 26 is KA1... 28 would be N80.
Yeah the build I've got in the TM now is .08. Doesn't even worry me, but the numbers would worry me if it was .06...... No heat on the mod or batteries.

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I finally got some 40 g n80 and made some fused claptons 2x24 g ka1 core 40g n80 wrap 3mm Id 7wraps .16 ohms.
<3 40g. When I first heard about claptons I made some with 28g wrap, and I was thinking "what is this shit it's crap" then I heard 32g is what I needed, tried that, and thought the same thing, then I was told the reason why (making complete sense) and jumped to 40g, and yeah, then it all made sense. I still think Claptons are overrated, Fused claptons are not though.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think I'll be buying online. I'll have to run down to sportsman's and bass pro this weekend and look for some. I don't see why Bass Pro wouldn't have Mustad.

My 26 is KA1... 28 would be N80.
Yeah the build I've got in the TM now is .08. Doesn't even worry me, but the numbers would worry me if it was .06...... No heat on the mod or batteries.

Matt
Why not do 30g fc's instead of 28? They'd wrap better at 1.5 mm than 28 too

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gives a great vape, doesn't it?

I find that 40g seems to give a much better flavor than like 32 or 34 g. Seems to wick the juice better also. Plus I just love how clean the claptons come out. Just can't seem to get the color to pop on them tho.

Jetson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, no, you say "Sir" and I turn around and look for my father and steal a line from A Few Good Men.

From what I understand, you, sir, are the Sir around here. Those look like vintage warp coils from 1966 Star Trek episodes. Kudos, sir.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just posting the finished product tonight. I'll share More photos after I look at them. If any came out.

I ended up with 26/38 Fused Claptons on the bottom, 28/38 Fused Claptons on the top. Quad coils came out to .17 per the IPV.

I was going to settle for 8 wraps, but as I was wrapping up the first coil I thought I could fit more. Again, the whole purpose of this for me was to get an idea of the build space on the TM. I fit 10 wraps of each coil no problem.

This thing's got tons of room, very very much appreciate Ray getting one to me.

Wicking actually wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was going to be.

I have to crank a ton of watts at it, as you'd imagine. I've only been vaping on it now for 5 minutes but 150 watts seems to be about right thus far. Tons of warm in your face flavor, clouds... Well... I'm scared I'll wake the house up by setting of a smoke alarm if I chain vape it.

Hopefully some shots came out right with this. Haven't looked. Need to get back to studying now.

c07013be0a6006733b50d74a08f7d2b3.jpg

ffa8d898026e9c3b951d0b5e472ebf7e.jpg

Matt

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Frustrating build tonight. This was going to be a dual coil, but the leads on the 2nd coil got cut by the screws on the mutation xs. Then I was going to parallel it with something else and the screws cut that wire too (hence the spacing). Just about threw the fucking RDA in the trash.

4 loop vertebraid of 36g N80. Wrapped with a 3/32 ID and measures 1.2 ohms. Hot little bugger ramps up crazy fast.

Only the 1 photo. I was too pissed off to take more.
2XqKyaj.jpgl

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate the Indulgence Mutation XS. Screws loosen all the time, leaks out the sides of the barrel past the crappy double o-rings, etc. Only RDA I have currently though (the velocity in some of my other pics was a loaner).

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats why i benched mine. Almost got the velocity styled x4s but then i remembered the leaking

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
How goes it schmucko!

Yeah, same reason I don't have a desire for the tsunami... Bottom airflow = leaking as far as I'm concerned. Cuts into juice well space.. Just not for me.

Matt

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well....this sucks asshole. That link that CrazyChef posted where he got his Drill fitting vise is now gone, they are no longer stocking it and removed it from their catalog and its not available anywhere else...just my luck.
Now I feel bad you let it go so I could get it

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How goes it schmucko!

Yeah, same reason I don't have a desire for the tsunami... Bottom airflow = leaking as far as I'm concerned. Cuts into juice well space.. Just not for me.

Matt
Yep, same reason i dont have a kenedy either. Goon, tm squared, and a petri in my near future tho for sure

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, same reason i dont have a kenedy either. Goon, tm squared, and a petri in my near future tho for sure

Definitely! TM squared would be nice, Petri... I love mine.. Don't have a goon.. Don't really want one honestly. But all 3 are solid!

Matt

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats why i benched mine. Almost got the velocity styled x4s but then i remembered the leaking

I have 2 mutation v4 one is my wife's and the other I use for parts for my wife's. I did use it a lot when I first got it but the leaking is a big issue for me it has ruined the finish around my 510 connection on my Fuchai completely ate the paint. Which really pissed me off after only having it for a month. So now I just use my velocity all the time now just really love the velocity. Huge build area I fit .6 x8 ka1 ribbon framed with 26n80 34g n80 wrapped framed staple coils at 5 wraps dual coils at .08 ohms. Massive coils and it handled em like a champ. Out of all my rda this velocity can handle almost anything I can throw at it. I really want the new TM rda. Anyone got the goon rda yet?

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Mute V4s comes with plugs for the bottom air flow. It works pretty darn good using just the side airflow. Next time it gets a coil change I'm going to seal the deck side bottom airflow holes with silicone or epoxy or something. It's not going to unseat the Petri's as favorite rda, but it's not bad. The Tsunami however is just a disappointment, may seal that pos up too and drill some holes in the barrel...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What I am referring to from now on as "The Guatch Build"! It was easier then I thought it would granted I didnt initially do what i first wanted to pull off but this gave me a good impression. Perfect Opposing Hybrid Coils. The next set I try out will be what I wanted to do at first, Inside to outside: Staggered Fused Claptons/Framed Staple, Fused Clapton....I need more wire first though...

Hybrid Specs
Outer Coil Wraps: 5 x .8R/24N80/40N80 Framed Staple
Inner Coil Wraps: 6 x .8R/2 x 22KA1/36N80

Wire Itself for second coil. you can see I even went a step further and tried corrugating the Ribbon this time...

20160408_102021.jpg 20160408_102719.jpg 20160408_102941.jpg 20160408_103749.jpg 20160408_103704.jpg 20160408_103740.jpg 20160408_104516.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Very nice! Been wondering about coils being hottest right in the middle, which is the hardest place for the wicks to get juiced. The ones you showed before with the hottest wires closer to the ends seemed like a step in the right direction.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very nice! Been wondering about coils being hottest right in the middle, which is the hardest place for the wicks to get juiced. The ones you showed before with the hottest wires closer to the ends seemed like a step in the right direction.
It seems work work either way but I am worried with the heat on the outer wraps that the juice may vaporize and not let any juice get to the center of the coil...I guess Ill just have to wait and see....this was just a "thing Ive wanted to try but never got around to it" type of thing...I kept thinking about it right before bed then not remember all day and then remember right when I go to lay down...I finally tried it and I think there will be many more to come!

BTW The 521 Came in and Ive got it apart now, its reading atleast .02 off and if you bump it the resistance jumps up and spans some crazy distances...There's gotta be a wire loose or bad connection. I will replace all the wires and retest it. Thanks for the project btw, I really like the size of it and I bet I can get it fixed in no time!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A while back I started only claptonning the middle wraps to even out the heat up across the coils. Outer wires heat first until you start chain vaping then the claptonned part (because it retains heat) heats up the same speed. I guess its the same idea as staged heating coil/s just done a different way. If you want it all pretty even you only need a thin clapton wire in the middle section, like 10-12 AWG down. It's fun to play with anyway :)

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mute V4s comes with plugs for the bottom air flow. It works pretty darn good using just the side airflow. Next time it gets a coil change I'm going to seal the deck side bottom airflow holes with silicone or epoxy or something. It's not going to unseat the Petri's as favorite rda, but it's not bad. The Tsunami however is just a disappointment, may seal that pos up too and drill some holes in the barrel...

I use the plugs as well, but it leaks past the o-ring(s) on the barrel itself. No damage to the o-rings either. Good flavor, but shitty design.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
First try at something Corrugated (Is it the first for this forum?)...Ill get this down, I just need more Ribbon...This coil came out like shit when I wrapped it since all I had was .8 KA1 ribbon and I have some .3 N80 Ribbon on its way...Im sure it will be 100x's times better with the .3 N80 Ribbon...
I am out of Ribbon again....I need a damn Wire Sponser!!!

Dont buy .8 or .9 Ribbon, especially if its KA1 Ribbon....Its garbage and its hard to do anything with it...
20160408_133806.jpg 20160408_133744.jpg 20160408_133819.jpg 20160408_134311.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors