Post your builds

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Drone setup to work on coils while Im cleaning up the house and crap...the video is longer I just couldnt screen capture any longer
32b741569a63616b6bab3b8387b5cc26.gif

These are the ones for the Alleria...
5 x .6R/26KA1/36N80 (5 Wrap and 6 Wrap/2.5mm ID) Alien Framed Staples

View attachment 49803 View attachment 49804 View attachment 49805
Ray, does your core wire become staggered using this setup?

Instagram: @ohmmage

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont be....the camera was a huge waste of money...my phone takes better pics without the macro clip on then that thing..
That's disappointing, is it a full on DSLR? I really want one for focus stacking but all I take pictures of is cars and vape stuff so it's not really worth it lol

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hoarder *end EJ mode*

Never though Id be telling someone this, but, youve got too much stuffs
I know I have to make my way over to the hardware section to get rid of some rdas and other gear since then my collection has grown

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I have to make my way over to the hardware section to get rid of some rdas and other gear since then my collection has grown

Well since you have so much stuffs, have you got one of the color changing Limitless RDAs? A Mason 30 or 40mm? A So Horny? A Hannya Postless? or a Mini Mad Hatter black/gold? If you wanna get rid of any of those, lemme know.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since you have so much stuffs, have you got one of the color changing Limitless RDAs? A Mason 30 or 40mm? A So Horny? A Hannya Postless? or a Mini Mad Hatter black/gold? If you wanna get rid of any of those, lemme know.
Love my mini mad hatter black n gold ;)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got both the original and the V2 Mad Hatters. Love both of them. No doubt Id love the Mini too. Dunno why I havent bought one yet, its not like they are a high priced atty.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive got both the original and the V2 Mad Hatters. Love both of them. No doubt Id love the Mini too. Dunno why I havent bought one yet, its not like they are a high priced atty.
Im a fan of the fullsize but not the Mini's of those, the Freakshow and Mutations have microscopic chambers and your really limited to very small coils...the Alleria and Goblin Mini holds bigger coils if that helps give you a picture..

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i dont know why the amazon links aren't working,, so here is the name (there are many dif) of the item

MLCS 9080 Billy Pedal Foot Switch, Deadman Style

71FKhXdHNPL._SL1094_.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
you need a foot pedal to control an electric drill
The funny thing is I am installing one on OhmBoyJoshs drill as soon as he sends it out...foot pedal would be nice but sometimes I dont even have time to sit there...thats why I made it a drone setup...

For those thing of using a peddle make sure to use bullet connectors and just splice a extension wire from the buttons wire so it can be detachable if its needed later

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude, there's a few of us here that actually have MILES of wire. Coil building will usually start as a hobby, then it becomes an obsession, and eventually turns into a lifestyle.
I'm on my way to work... and my backpack is full of wire..

Instagram: @ohmmage

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a few Hannya's if you're interested

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Drone setup to work on coils while Im cleaning up the house and crap...the video is longer I just couldnt screen capture any longer
32b741569a63616b6bab3b8387b5cc26.gif

These are the ones for the Alleria...
5 x .6R/26KA1/36N80 (5 Wrap and 6 Wrap/2.5mm ID) Alien Framed Staples

View attachment 49803 View attachment 49804 View attachment 49805
You find new ways to use those bands there's only today and tomorrow left on the lightning vapes 50% off sale only on Amazon.com

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have 2 rolls that have 18,000+ ft alone haha
One spool worth is probably as much wire as I have altogether for Kanthal and N80...Well just about, gauges 32g and over I have 2-3 rolls of 1000ft and between 250-500 for anything less then 32g...Plus a slew of 100ft spools from K.bee....Ill be stocking up on 316L from 24g-40g but only a few hundred feet of each as I dont use it that often.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you let the roll just sit there and do its own thing is that only for staggered claptons or for any claptons?

You can do either or....If you turn the spool at a angle thats against how the wire should unroll then that makes it stagger/spaced clapton, if you turn the spool so the wire can come out without and resistance it will clapton nice and tightly....after a while the wire will cut those "settings" into the spool tamer and then you can use a silver and black sharpie to point out which is which for fast/easy choices..

To keep the tamer from spinning around the wire I clipped a paperclip around the pulltab on the bottom and then put a socket on the inside of the paperclip and add magnets if needed for more weight..

Thanks for reminding me about the LV Wire, just picked up a few 100' Rolls of .4 Ribbon!

Last edited:

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see I vape between 2000-2800mls in a month so I couldnt imagine using Zamplebox for getting my juice..I guess its good if your just getting it for variety testing and not for savings or bulk juice.
Oh, hell no! Although it would cost more to buy six 15ml bottles, I think the only thing I've ever bought in a 15ml is Vintage because that's all they come in and I feel bad for the guy who owns the store behind my house. He opened up about a year ago but he hasn't expanded his juice line beyond Nicquid, Cosmic Fog, Vintage, and some local brews. His hardware section is sorely lacking, too. He's a nice guy and I want to support him, but he's going to have to get more than two juices I want to buy, Shocker being the occasional other one.

Anyway, I'm only using Zamplebox as a place to discover some new flavors I like. I've already ordered a 120ml bottle of Crazy Toucan from Cali Steam based on the quality of Rocket Pop from them and a recommendation from my brother-in-law, so my plan is already working. After I've got 5-10 new flavors I really enjoy, I'm going to dump my subscription and go back to searching for cheap alternatives for the same products in larger quantities on the web.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@blakemorder and others who kept telling me to use a lightbox...I didnt have paper so I used some Styrofoam plates and a lamp lol It worked very well though and I did use my tripod and macro clip on set...

Made these a minute ago...some Staggered Framed Staples, they turned out amazing!
Pics are before they were even washed...I was in a rush making a video at the same time so they are even shinier then this now...\
Specs: 11 x .6R/26KA1/34N80/40N80 (5 Wraps/3mm ID)

20160505_102109.jpg 20160505_102329.jpg 20160505_103455.jpg 20160505_104028.jpg 20160505_103545.jpg 20160505_103952.jpg 20160505_102733.jpg

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never buying a 22mm RDA again, but I liked the idea of the two middle holes on the TM2 for simple 24 gauge builds so I got the clone - which is well made btw - but if he does do a bigger one I will be getting the authentic. 22mm is just not the way to go any more, it's too small if you like big air or big coils....I like both :)

arth1981

Member For 4 Years
Hey so out of curiosity guys, I know certain mech mods get mentioned a lot in this thread and with the new FDA regs looming and the uncertainty that comes with that, I'd like to get a couple of good mechs in case the worst possible scenario comes to be. I'm thinking one good series mod and one good parallel mod. What are you guys' recommendations? I'm thinking of grabbing a noisy cricket or two and maybe looking at a HoG?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey so out of curiosity guys, I know certain mech mods get mentioned a lot in this thread and with the new FDA regs looming and the uncertainty that comes with that, I'd like to get a couple of good mechs in case the worst possible scenario comes to be. I'm thinking one good series mod and one good parallel mod. What are you guys' recommendations? I'm thinking of grabbing a noisy cricket or two and maybe looking at a HoG?
Basically, if MAJOR changes aren't made by the time this takes effect, we're screwed. The only way to legally manufacture or market vaping products will be to have them certified by the FDA, be licensed to sell them and subject to the same tax rate as tobacco. Get ready for $50.00 30ml bottles with all the profit going to tobacco companies because they're the only ones that can afford the certification

R.I.P. dad. I miss you and love you everyday!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was never buying a 22mm RDA again, but I liked the idea of the two middle holes on the TM2 for simple 24 gauge builds so I got the clone - which is well made btw - but if he does do a bigger one I will be getting the authentic. 22mm is just not the way to go any more, it's too small if you like big air or big coils....I like both :)
Have you seen the CLT V4? I wish it was 24mm and I wish it had side airflow...but if something else gets made with side airflow and 24mm Ill buy a bunch of them!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BUY EVERYTHING NOW!

R.I.P. dad. I miss you and love you everyday!

VU Sponsors