Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol, they do get damn funky in the Boreas. That thing just spits flavor, and theres gotta be a price to pay. Ive never had coils look as bad as coming outta the Boreas ha. You cant even tell where the actual coil stops and the cotton begins in my pic.

But shit, your pics just make me drool for the G2! I cant wait to get it. I got it in blue with the cutout/silver symbols. I dont have too much color in my mod collection. Just a bunch of black, with one white and one brass. Time to add a splash of different. But the G2 made me forget all about the HoG2 thats on the way lol

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got my hands on a mod that can handle this coil. Mixed gauge 4 loop vertebraid. 2 loops of 28g N80 & 2 loops of 30g K1. 2.4mm ID and ohms out at 0.17. My neighbor is an awesome guy and lent me his VT200.

9uOxIIs.jpgl

bTbgXa3.jpgl

ZQ2vzLm.jpgl

uDGiFzb.jpgl

h52Ii8i.jpgl

XBo6pJ8.jpgl

K6zSgwV.jpgl

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a bit hot for me. Braids run hot in general, but I've never had the means to vape one with these gauges before. I find they are good for both clouds and flavor. The first time you knot one is difficult, but after that it's pretty easy. Just a muscle memory thing. I don't even watch anymore. I set myself up in front of a movie and before you know it I look down and have enough for a build.

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They finally cloned the Mason RDA guys...24mm is $13, 30mm is $15, 40mm is $32..http://www.3fvape.com/57-pre-order

Dunno how I missed this post, I been wanting a Mason clone for a little while now. But yikes, $32 for the 40. Isnt the authentic 40mm only like $50 or $60? I guess thats still a fair bit off, but I wonder how the quality of the clone is. 3F has some very hit or miss clones. When theyre good, they are damn close to the real ones, but when theyre bad.....ouch.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dunno how I missed this post, I been wanting a Mason clone for a little while now. But yikes, $32 for the 40. Isnt the authentic 40mm only like $50 or $60? I guess thats still a fair bit off, but I wonder how the quality of the clone is. 3F has some very hit or miss clones. When theyre good, they are damn close to the real ones, but when theyre bad.....ouch.
The Authentic 40mm can be had for betweeen $60-$80...Its alot of Material..The Authentic was made in China so its either the same factory or the design was sold....Im sure its a 1:1 in every way...

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how are the masons for vaping? i dont really have much use for a huge one, but the 24mm is purty. would be an easy sell if someone told me it had great flavor.

edit - just noticed that those vertibraids share a color palette with skeltor.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone had serious spit back issues with the indestructible? Seems like any build I have in there it does it..

Instagram: @ohmmage

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had serious spit back issues with the indestructible? Seems like any build I have in there it does it..

I have two indestructibles and I get zero spit back. What do your builds look like? What are you using for builds?

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope, just use alot of juice....it helps to have a slew of mods going at the same time ;)
I don't even have enough spare time to build that much or mix that much juice a day

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
how are the masons for vaping? i dont really have much use for a huge one, but the 24mm is purty. would be an easy sell if someone told me it had great flavor.

edit - just noticed that those vertibraids share a color palette with skeltor.
They are great to build on, I would suggest getting one of the smaller options though, I bought the 40mm a while ago and I just ordered the 24mm myself!

Also with the Rafael X remove the swirl thing in the drip tip , it really mutes the flavor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Swirl Looks to be Pressed in that tip....I havent rteally tried more then pliers to get it out but Im sure if it is pressed in a Hammer and a spike can get it out with some force...Ill try it later, I like the look of that silver band at the top.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't even have enough spare time to build that much or mix that much juice a day

It helps when you work from home and get up early to code everything needed for that day, then get the rest of the day for building and juice guzzling

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two indestructibles and I get zero spit back. What do your builds look like? What are you using for builds?
This is the last one. I realize there is an extra wrap in one.. I was trying something for picture purposes, but took one out later. Still spit back. This is polished 20g A-1
86f46e18c7d5b2c6ebf2eb7c5525e99b.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It helps when you work from home and get up early to code everything needed for that day, then get the rest of the day for building and juice guzzling

This is what I am trying to get passed. All my work can be done remotely and I live 1.5hrs away from work... working on getting that ability. Don't code though so I would still have to work all day, but it would be pretty broken up. Plus, being at my desk... I would be able to build and mix while working. How nice it would be!

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is what I am trying to get passed. All my work can be done remotely and I live 1.5hrs away from work... working on getting that ability. Don't code though so I would still have to work all day, but it would be pretty broken up. Plus, being at my desk... I would be able to build and mix while working. How nice it would be!
I get to build sometimes at work.. but we just hail storm, so no down time and the shop lately lol. I haven't built lately.. waiting on some bad ass new swivels.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the last one. I realize there is an extra wrap in one.. I was trying something for picture purposes, but took one out later. Still spit back. This is polished 20g A-1

All the builds that I have shoved in either of my Indestructibles have been FC's. 2x22k/40k, 2x24k/40k, 2x26n80/40k. I haven't tried 20k or polished builds. So not sure how those would work out. Nothing about your build makes me think why it would be spitting back. That would take Raymo or Chef to be able to tell just from the build pic.

Have you tried any FC's? Also, have you tried any smaller gauge wire?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are great to build on, I would suggest getting one of the smaller options though, I bought the 40mm a while ago and I just ordered the 24mm myself!

The Swirl Looks to be Pressed in that tip....I havent rteally tried more then pliers to get it out but Im sure if it is pressed in a Hammer and a spike can get it out with some force...Ill try it later, I like the look of that silver band at the top.
It is, it's a PiA to get out. I actually ordered 2 by mistake but I'm actually glad I did. Anyway the first one I twisted and twisted, and twisted, etc. It finally popped out, major pain. The other one I could not get it to budge, so I ended up knocking it out with a hammer and a very large Allen key. I just tapped (but firmly) a few times and it finally gave way.

That swirl thing really does suck IMO, once you pop it out you do get better flavor and I have zero issues with spitback. I got the idea when some time ago I saw a review of the Rafal Tank on Vaping Fagan. I remember him saying that it really improved the flavor and he is correct.

I wish Uwell would trash this hair brained idea or at the very minimum supply a drip time without it.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All the builds that I have shoved in either of my Indestructibles have been FC's. 2x22k/40k, 2x24k/40k, 2x26n80/40k. I haven't tried 20k or polished builds. So not sure how those would work out. Nothing about your build makes me think why it would be spitting back. That would take Raymo or Chef to be able to tell just from the build pic.

Have you tried any FC's? Also, have you tried any smaller gauge wire?
Going to try a 26/40FC para to maybe 1 or 2 28g today. Depends if I want to throw it in that or the Goon

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is, it's a PiA to get out. I actually ordered 2 by mistake but I'm actually glad I did. Anyway the first one I twisted and twisted, and twisted, etc. It finally popped out, major pain. The other one I could not get it to budge, so I ended up knocking it out with a hammer and a very large Allen key. I just tapped (but firmly) a few times and it finally gave way.

That swirl thing really does suck IMO, once you pop it out you do get better flavor and I have zero issues with spitback. I got the idea when some time ago I saw a review of the Rafal Tank on Vaping Fagan. I remember him saying that it really improved the flavor and he is correct.

I wish Uwell would trash this hair brained idea or at the very minimum supply a drip time without it.
Yea thats what I was thinking, the Rafale Tank tip swirl removal lol

Try pulling your coils out to almost the edge of the deck, this will help cut down or stop the spitback...other then that its just something you will have to deal with as there isnt really anything that stops it besides doing that, well you could get a tip with a baffle but its not recommended.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would think a fucking 510 drip tip adapter would have been cheap and easy.

helpful hint - I had to drive mine out with a punch and hammer and it will come out easier if you drive it from the big end to the small end (lip end to atty end)

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to try a 26/40FC para to maybe 1 or 2 28g today. Depends if I want to throw it in that or the Goon

The best vape I have gotten out of any build in the Indestructibles has been the 2x24k/40k at 3mm, 6ish wraps pulled out close to the outside of the housing like @raymo2u mentioned. Run that at 110w and you will be money. That is my goto build. I keep that in one of my Indestructibles at all times and swap builds out in the other. That gives a very nice dense flavorful vape while keeping the heat down. Just don't let the coils get too close to the housing or you will burn your lips! Keep about 1mm space and you are good to go.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would think a fucking 510 drip tip adapter would have been cheap and easy.

helpful hint - I had to drive mine out with a punch and hammer and it will come out easier if you drive it from the big end to the small end (lip end to atty end)
I dont think it could come out the other way lol

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah i dont have a mod that would fit the 40 right now. the 30 might fit on the cherry bomber v2 i just snagged, but i think i would still prefer the 24. i just found a guy on reddit giving it a glowing review. the short version is that its pretty versatile, can give good flavor or clouds and he loves it. ill prolly grab one after my next order. authentic is a fair price too. seems like an easy choice. :D

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah i dont have a mod that would fit the 40 right now. the 30 might fit on the cherry bomber v2 i just snagged, but i think i would still prefer the 24. i just found a guy on reddit giving it a glowing review. the short version is that its pretty versatile, can give good flavor or clouds and he loves it. ill prolly grab one after my next order. authentic is a fair price too. seems like an easy choice. :D

Am I missing something here. Why don't they make the T shaped positive post wider so that the positive post holes are closer to the negative posts. It would make putting a wider coil in easier.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I tried making some larger Alien Fraples this morning when my Ribbon wire came in..I accidetnally wrapped the clapton the way I dont like for Alien wrap so I was working against myself when wrapping the Alien wrap...I think it still came out okay but if it was wrapped the right way it would have looked a ton better. This time I spaced the Alien wrap more so the Ribbon is more Visable...

11 x .6R/2 x 24KA1/36N80 Alien Framed Staples (5 Wraps/3mm ID)

20160504_114525.jpg 20160504_114800.jpg 20160504_114357.jpg 20160504_114309.jpg 20160504_114648.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh my gosh, aren't you embarrassed to show those in public? lol I would feel like a hero to make 'em that nice...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh my gosh, aren't you embarrassed to show those in public? lol I would feel like a hero to make 'em that nice...
I almost didnt post them but I decided to after a bit, Ill remake it and I think Ill make the spaces closer together then this one, hopefully remember to clapton the correct direction this time round..Im going to stuff these into the Boreas RTA. Im waiting for Trinity Cap for the TM2 to arrive...I want something worth showing off in it!

ribbon....
Whats wrong with Ribbon??
Question is it worth the extra money to get 40g kanthal as opposed to 40g nichrome?

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
If its cheaper get it....It doesnt make a difference, well N80 also Colors.. I get Kanthal D 40g for 1000ft/$9 LINK, 500ft of 40N80 for $9 LINK

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried making some larger Alien Fraples this morning when my Ribbon wire came in..I accidetnally wrapped the clapton the way I dont like for Alien wrap so I was working against myself when wrapping the Alien wrap...I think it still came out okay but if it was wrapped the right way it would have looked a ton better. This time I spaced the Alien wrap more so the Ribbon is more Visable...

11 x .6R/2 x 24KA1/36N80 Alien Framed Staples (5 Wraps/3mm ID)

View attachment 49790 View attachment 49793 View attachment 49792 View attachment 49794 View attachment 49791
Looks awesome, just got me some ribbon wire, going to mess about with it. First I'm going to try the reef coil and on the horizon try the alien coils.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Drone setup to work on coils while Im cleaning up the house and crap...the video is longer I just couldnt screen capture any longer
32b741569a63616b6bab3b8387b5cc26.gif

These are the ones for the Alleria...
5 x .6R/26KA1/36N80 (5 Wrap and 6 Wrap/2.5mm ID) Alien Framed Staples

20160504_142126.jpg 20160504_141825.jpg 20160504_141908.jpg

Last edited:

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to pick up some stainless steel are the gauges equal to that of kanthal or nichrome? Also any info on the square wire would be great. Haven't built with it before so just looking for some pointers. Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm going to pick up some stainless steel are the gauges equal to that of kanthal or nichrome? Also any info on the square wire would be great. Haven't built with it before so just looking for some pointers. Thanks
Gauge is a measurement, they will be the same thickness but much lower in resistance...Check Beadalon for Squared wire.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No macro still.. and ignore the weird colors, i couldn't get any good ones. This vape is too cool for me, but saw offworld do one of these so I tried to replicate it on my lunch break. 2x28/40FC ran parallel then parallel again to 26g. 0.14 single coil
4a20468d2e2addd1290e0aea020fccb5.jpg

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrattVapes Showed me a pic on instagram about a build to see if I could do it...I was going to put it off until tomorrow but I had some free time and tried it....had this pumped out in less then 20 minutes start to finish!

10 x .6R/24N80/32N80/38N80 Half Staggered Staple?

View attachment 49811 View attachment 49812 View attachment 49813 View attachment 49814 View attachment 49815 View attachment 49816
With as good as your camera focus is you need to try setting up a little light box man, itd make everything pop.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
With as good as your camera focus is you need to try setting up a little light box man, itd make everything pop.
They would have been clearer if I was shaking so much....I think Im prediabetic...My hands shake when Im hungry..I do need to make a lightbox at some point...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They would have been clearer if I was shaking so much....I think Im prediabetic...My hands shake when Im hungry..I do need to make a lightbox at some point...
Mine is just a couple pieces of thick paper on the sides and a thin sheet on top to shine light through. Take 10 mins and took my crappy cell phone pics from this
fc6ef99085f4e73e3ab1ff64cfd4a798.jpg

To this
58bcb85b83ec007e35c9ba28bb0cad4d.jpg

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Phone tripod

VU Sponsors