Become a Patron!

Post your builds

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and I did some more building today ^.^

2117b962f40413748e420924534943f9.jpg
Advance vape supply has a great build and wick video on YouTube. There is a bit of a trick to wicking the Boreas though I forget what it is. And he's a member here too and I'm all about supporting fellow VU members. Well worth the time to watch. After watching it I may get one actually.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Last edited:

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the cotton candy. It lasts about twice as long as cotton bacon v2 does but it's twice as expensive. I'm going back to cotton bacon v2. It's just hard to beat for how much you get and the price.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1fc375414d95922024f7c8ac2e48d599.jpg
61b799962ff08a912e47577d50e04577.jpg
495d25eddb50f55a6621ba3a3ccb4a76.jpg

Back to basics lol
Love TC for TC have it in my G2 and now in the slice!!!!
eb50888af97862436b7fa615afad3028.jpg

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Are you liking the performance of them? I've tried going back to single wire coils on my mechs and its always been just meh. Are you using just kanthal for tc since its the g2?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you liking the performance of them? I've tried going back to single wire coils on my mechs and its always been just meh. Are you using just kanthal for tc since its the g2?

That's the Hohm Slice. I'm getting one soon myself. So want to try kanthal AND NiCr in tc.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the Hohm Slice. I'm getting one soon myself. So want to try kanthal AND NiCr in tc.

In the pic, yeah but she has a g2 as well. I know because ive been jealous of her and raymo for some time now. With a baby on the way i cant spend too much on vape gear and the g2 or dna mod have been on my want list for a while now... Oh well, thats what overtime is for, right?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the pic, yeah but she has a g2 as well. I know because ive been jealous of her and raymo for some time now. With a baby on the way i cant spend too much on vape gear and the g2 or dna mod have been on my want list for a while now... Oh well, thats what overtime is for, right?

And bonuses too. Only reason I can get a new mod is because of my bonus on my next check LOL

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

That's the new Hohm slice it's their 26650 mod that uses the FSK chip so it does kanthal in TC but yeah that's why plus I just wanted to play a little.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Trust me I have 2 young ones well 4&5 with their dad no were to be found so I do know just all my free money goes to either vape gear or supplies because my hobby is either building or mixing. When I have free time that's what I do. It's stress
Relieve from the 2 kids lol

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm finally at a point were I have a few ppl buying juice from me which saves them money and makes me some. Plus I'm going to be selling some
Mods and other vape gear soon. The Kbox200 lets you use nichrome in TC

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me I have 2 young ones well 4&5 with their dad no were to be found so I do know just all my free money goes to either vape gear or supplies because my hobby is either building or mixing. When I have free time that's what I do. It's stress
Relieve from the 2 kids lol

This will be my 4th... Im used to being broke. But i do have some people ready to buy juice from me on a regular basis too so, yeah, it does help

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This will be my 4th... Im used to being broke. But i do have some people ready to buy juice from me on a regular basis too so, yeah, it does help

Oh geez ya you like to make babies so yeah no vape gear for you lol congrats tho

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plus, i would imagine cost of living out that way is fairly reasonable. I pay three times what i did down in the south than i do being back in the pnw

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mr. @raymo2u I'm finally going to venture into all this ribbon wire I have any helpful hints or what wire build would be a good starting point

When stacking use so much VG on them they are swimming...this keeps them "glued together" and make sure to clip both ends cleanly after they are stacked...this makes it so they dont want to fall apart moving them around...with some clippers its almost like riveting them just cutting them flush.
When you want them to stack up just take all the Ribbon covered in VG and bow the length into a curve, then pinch and slide you fingers on their edge and they will do the rest...Then secure them with some 40g at the beginning and about half...just a few wraps so it can slide off when needed.

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
When stacking use so much VG on them they are swimming...this keeps them "glued together" and make sure to clip both ends cleanly after they are stacked...this makes it so they dont want to fall apart moving them around...with some clippers its almost like riveting them just cutting them flush.
When you want them to stack up just take all the Ribbon covered in VG and bow the length into a curve, then pinch and slide you fingers on their edge and they will do the rest...Then secure them with some 40g at the beginning and about half...just a few wraps so it can slide off when needed.
Hm never thought about using VG. Saliva works pretty well too. I do the same method with the loop, take both ends of ribbon after you cut all the strands the same length and hold them at the drill end and push them up & together going towards the swivel end while kinda pulling back on it to get everything nice and tight. Also a wire stop (few wraps of 36-40g) helps me at the ends, the middle, and at the top near the swivel with large stacks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hm never thought about using VG. Saliva works pretty well too. I do the same method with the loop, take both ends of ribbon after you cut all the strands the same length and hold them at the drill end and push them up & together going towards the swivel end while kinda pulling back on it to get everything nice and tight. Also a wire stop (few wraps of 36-40g) helps me at the ends, the middle, and at the top near the swivel with large stacks.

I suggested people to use saliva on this thread before and got some shit for it...so I recommend VG now ;)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any helpful hints or what wire build would be a good starting point
most of the more basic builds are ribbon twisted with other stuff like tiger coils, tidal coils or whatever helix coil variations. theres reef coils and chainsaw coils too. claptoned variations of the twisted builds are 'medium' difficulty...and i guess the staple variations after that (anything with parallel ribbon cores is pretty hard imo) falls into more advanced builds...once you can work with (clapton, stagger etc) stacked parallel ribbon, the possibilities are vast...you can also use it to do clapton and tsuka wraps too as an alternative to regular claptons with round wire. cant wait to see what you build :D

nice work @Nevweezy, careful or youll get hooked :cheers:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
most of the more basic builds are ribbon twisted with other stuff like tiger coils, tidal coils or whatever helix coil variations. theres reef coils and chainsaw coils too. claptoned variations of the twisted builds are 'medium' difficulty...and i guess the staple variations after that (anything with parallel ribbon cores is pretty hard imo) falls into more advanced builds...once you can work with (clapton, stagger etc) stacked parallel ribbon, the possibilities are vast...you can also use it to do clapton and tsuka wraps too as an alternative to regular claptons with round wire. cant wait to see what you build :D

Too late, I'm already hooked. Lol About to try fused stagered Clapton next. It's a good feeling when you build them yourself. And thanks

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too late, I'm already hooked. Lol About to try fused stagered Clapton next. It's a good feeling when you build them yourself. And thanks
lol yeah it happens fast. im pretty sure i was hooked before i even got started. from the first time i found myself browsing fancy coil pics i decided i would do it. good luck with your stagger fused. those are my least favorite so far to make. i have only done one set, they came out rough as hell and i was still mad when i finished. usually im a little frazzled doing a first of any coil, and happy at the end cause i did it. when i finished a stretch of stagger fused i was pretty much 'fuck this', threw the wire down and took a breather....

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
lol yeah it happens fast. im pretty sure i was hooked before i even got started. from the first time i found myself browsing fancy coil pics i decided i would do it. good luck with your stagger fused. those are my least favorite so far to make. i have only done one set, they came out rough as hell and i was still mad when i finished. usually im a little frazzled doing a first of any coil, and happy at the end cause i did it. when i finished a stretch of stagger fused i was pretty much 'fuck this', threw the wire down and took a breather....
What would you recommend building knowing I'm new to building?? I've done a Clapton and fused Clapton so far. I was thinking staggered would be the next easiest. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would you recommend building knowing I'm new to building?? I've done a Clapton and fused Clapton so far. I was thinking staggered would be the next easiest. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
i dunno man, everyone is different. i am new too. i have done some fancy builds, but pretty much only one or two times each, and usually by the skin of my teeth tbh...i just ran out of patience really fast doing stagger fused. hopefully youre better suited to deal with the challenges of the technique than i am :cheers: theres only one way to find out...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Thank you

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
I suggested people to use saliva on this thread before and got some shit for it...so I recommend VG now ;)
I lick my ribbons. Tongue to wire action. Let the haters hate, I know how to stack my ribbons lol.
Fraples in one of my Kennedy 24's. These 2mm post holes will have to do until Steve Kennedy releases the new 2 post 24mm deck and the Kennedy 25. I just want him to release them now..I need that deck like yesterday haha.
a20c47b7a43416b4ee9a247c4fe568c6.jpg

1b023229a631ad781a79a7a06154eb76.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Staples are easy and a really good vape :) As long as you get the drill end lined up right everything else takes care of itself.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Staples are easy and a really good vape :) As long as you get the drill end lined up right everything else takes care of itself.
Will definitely try staples soon, and some staggered too. Hopefully it goes ok. Practice makes perfect. What kind of ss ribbon you guys recommend for build that use ribbon. As in what size??? Thanks guys.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will definitely try staples soon, and some staggered too. Hopefully it goes ok. Practice makes perfect. What kind of ss ribbon you guys recommend for build that use ribbon. As in what size??? Thanks guys.

.3 x .1 or .4 x .1 I find easiest to use, there are many others but I find them to mainly be a pain in the ass :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.3 x .1 or .4 x .1 I find easiest to use, there are many others but I find them to mainly be a pain in the ass :)
I found .5X.1 to be easiest myself, sometimes .3 is just too tiny for my eyes/fingers to notice mistakes.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find .4 x .1 to be the best overall. Its easy to wrap, easy to work with. Its thin so it doesnt make builds bulky looking and the resistance stays decent. Lightning vapes has the best deal on it when they do their 50% sales...I buy it bulk when they do that in both Kanthal and N80...Its great wire!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would definitely recommend avoiding the ultrathin ones like the .05 thickness I got...except maybe as a wrap. You can kink it just by lifting it up :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would definitely recommend avoiding the ultrathin ones like the .05 thickness I got...except maybe as a wrap. You can kink it just by lifting it up :D
I have some .2mm thick Ribbon and some .07mm thick ribbon...I DO NOT LIKE the .2mm Ribbon....Its only good using it horizontally...which is garbage!
I have some .5mm x .07mm and its really easy to work with for Framed Staples! Its cheap as hell also!

VU Sponsors