Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
Will definitely try staples soon, and some staggered too. Hopefully it goes ok. Practice makes perfect. What kind of ss ribbon you guys recommend for build that use ribbon. As in what size??? Thanks guys.
I'd start out with .5x.1mm or .4x.1mm ribbon. The smaller sizes can get a little complicated and don't always stack exactly how you want them to. Where are you getting your ribbon from? KP?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No I was just gonna buy some temco ribbon off amazon. But Im still looking around. I want some ss ribon but can't seem to find any. Only kanthal and nichrome.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered .5×.1 316L ribbon. Only a 50ft roll for 7.00. Thats all I could afford at this time. But that should get me started making some badass coils. And it should last me a while, or at least I hope it does.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No I was just gonna buy some temco ribbon off amazon. But Im still looking around. I want some ss ribon but can't seem to find any. Only kanthal and nichrome.
Advancedvape supply will have Ribbon up shortly if they already havent, Kidneypuncher also carries it.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
of course, two days after i buy one, they go on sale for 17 bucks..

cthulhu shuriken rda

Ha, I know that feel. I spent almost $100 on my Hohm Wrecker G2, a month later you can get them for $75. I paid $20 for my Noisy Cricket and now you can get em for under $14 (not a huge difference, but I like a deal), spent $50 on my Nobunaga Mini (and that was through a group buy) and now they are $35, and I spent $115 on a Kanger Subox kit at a vape shop for my first mod ever to find out I coulda got it for $50 online. Its the way it works, once you buy something, its immediately cheaper everywhere else. lol

Well heres some semi successful Alien coils. I was super stoked (well kinda happy anyways) that I managed to wrap the entire length of wire for these 4 coils without a single fuck up (no kinks or over wraps), which is a first for me. Maybe because I was intending them for a Boreas so they wouldnt be visible anyways. But they turned out fairly decent. I cheated a lil bit and just decored some ready made UD Clapton wire I had on hand to cut down on the time lol, and made them dual core instead of the standard 3. They came out a little spaced out (think its somewhat because of the higher gauge wrap wire @ 32ga), but overall pretty decent. I seem to be able to not fuck up just enough builds to keep me from totally losing my shit and quitting forever haa

1hti0h.jpg

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha, I know that feel. I spent almost $100 on my Hohm Wrecker G2, a month later you can get them for $75. I paid $20 for my Noisy Cricket and now you can get em for under $14 (not a huge difference, but I like a deal), spent $50 on my Nobunaga Mini (and that was through a group buy) and now they are $35, and I spent $115 on a Kanger Subox kit at a vape shop for my first mod ever to find out I coulda got it for $50 online. Its the way it works, once you buy something, its immediately cheaper everywhere else. lol

Well heres some semi successful Alien coils. I was super stoked (well kinda happy anyways) that I managed to wrap the entire length of wire for these 4 coils without a single fuck up (no kinks or over wraps), which is a first for me. Maybe because I was intending them for a Boreas so they wouldnt be visible anyways. But they turned out fairly decent. I cheated a lil bit and just decored some ready made UD Clapton wire I had on hand to cut down on the time lol, and made them dual core instead of the standard 3. They came out a little spaced out (think its somewhat because of the higher gauge wrap wire @ 32ga), but overall pretty decent. I seem to be able to not fuck up just enough builds to keep me from totally losing my shit and quitting forever haa

1hti0h.jpg

I prefer 32g or 34g for the Alien Wrap rather than thinner gauges 36, 38g etc, i personally think it tastes better.
I don't think the gap's between the wraps make a lot of odds to the vape either but if you wanted to get them closer if you can't whilst wrapping the outer skin you could always grab the mains with a pair of pliers and push or pull the wraps together, you would have to bend the other end of the mains over so as you don't end up sliding any off the end, if they don't want to slide you can use a second pair of pliers to force them to start moving.

That's a Two Core Alien' you've done?

Last edited:

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just some basic things. First builds in awhile. 26N80/5x.5N80R/36N80 para 2x26N80/40
Second is a parallel spirally thingy for the Monster I actually ended up buying.
ad827a922ca2cb2664d405594a5c17f7.jpg

da37af1b24ea046125a16242a486b787.jpg

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Curious about the spiral. Got a glow shot?
Stupid me actually fired without lifting it.. If you can see in the picture it's touching the post so it shorted out. Going to wrap a new one on my break and post one up.

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
30g K1 side braidiator over twisted 26g ss316l. Braid anchors got a little sloppy when I coiled it. 2.4mm ID, 0.27 ohms. FYI the Merlin really does well with braids; rich flavor! I need to get a bigger form for coiling though. I feel it would be even better with a 4, or 5 mm ID to take up more chamber space.
EwqvlWK.jpgl

tZZUgdy.jpgl

TFl8fOS.jpgl

b6Jpnsy.jpgl

RONrna2.jpgl

FHVxDs8.jpgl

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Turns out the Monster v3 I bought is a clone.. Hardly paid the guy anything for it but I didn't even know they cloned that..

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out the Monster v3 I bought is a clone.. Hardly paid the guy anything for it but I didn't even know they cloned that..

That sucks. But it can turn out ok. A while back I bought a couple TFV4s off a guy for fairly cheap. One turned out real, the other was a clone. Turns out the clone was better than the authentics. Was better made.

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
I prefer 32g or 34g for the Alien Wrap rather than thinner gauges 36, 38g etc, i personally think it tastes better.
I don't think the gap's between the wraps make a lot of odds to the vape either but if you wanted to get them closer if you can't whilst wrapping the outer skin you could always grab the mains with a pair of pliers and push or pull the wraps together, you would have to bend the other end of the mains over so as you don't end up sliding any off the end, if they don't want to slide you can use a second pair of pliers to force them to start moving.

That's a Two Core Alien' you've done?
Or you could twist the cores in your drill, when I do that to kinda slightly loosen the wrap I'll twist the cores the opposite way I wrapped it then back in the direction I wrapped it always holding the cores with pliers a couple times. At the end you want it to be straight again so just remember to twist them back to straight.
3318345b5bd3309c278c654f5aeac4d9.jpg

I need inspiration on how to fuse these. Should I use 44g? 46g? 44g & 46g alternating? 40/46g micro-clapton? So many decisions. Can't make up my mind.
One side is 28/6x .3/38g staggers while the other side is 28/4x .3/36g staggers both with a 40g fuse.
Also, this.
fc1b8834238add87a9a2e43ba00c6039.jpg
is 26/34 aliens. With 26g cores I don't really like going above a 36g wrap, but with 28g cores/frames I'll go up to 40g.

Edit: @iSubOhm that's a swan coil you have there in your monster v3. Probably the best way to build chimney style on that deck if you get it down right.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Or you could twist the cores in your drill, when I do that to kinda slightly loosen the wrap I'll twist the cores the opposite way I wrapped it then back in the direction I wrapped it always holding the cores with pliers a couple times. At the end you want it to be straight again so just remember to twist them back to straight.
3318345b5bd3309c278c654f5aeac4d9.jpg

I need inspiration on how to fuse these. Should I use 44g? 46g? 44g & 46g alternating? 40/46g micro-clapton? So many decisions. Can't make up my mind.
One side is 28/6x .3/38g staggers while the other side is 28/4x .3/36g staggers both with a 40g fuse.
Also, this.
fc1b8834238add87a9a2e43ba00c6039.jpg
is 26/34 aliens. With 26g cores I don't really like going above a 36g wrap, but with 28g cores/frames I'll go up to 40g.

Edit: @iSubOhm that's a swan coil you have there in your monster v3. Probably the best way to build chimney style on that deck if you get it down right.
I would use 44g myself but it looks like a great build! Glad to see someone else on the forum trying more intense builds...other than me ;)

Some stuff I made last night/tonight..

50g Framed Staple....I cried about 3 times in intervals before wrapping the coils....I didnt want it to explode like last time I tried it...
8 x .3R/28N80/50N80

In the backround is my Pinky's fingerprint....to show the detail of how small this damn wire is!!

a934931d23dc647c196e8cbcc37227c7.jpg
43dd01b419f28b195245a0d434d8e4e4.jpg

Im not done posting about this one yet so I dont have a "full bodied pic" of the coil up yet...
Staggerton Variant Staged with a Parallel Wrapped Clapton with Color Intricacy
SPECS: 8 x .4R/26N80/36N80/44KD

d3684aa541a8b9ccd73a9d22c5687589.jpg
235ce7dab4664757c700e324337b44d0.jpg

I dont see this much anymore...the Dragonskin Coil, I wanted to show it some color as well..
SPECS: 26KA1/34N80

815fee865ed81e7b15c8799b24ad9f85.png
d624e2bbc1ac8038efe9321687900105.jpg

In the Midst of reviewing the Tornado Nano RTA I decided my first build would be some SS Aliens....this thing has as much room as the Boreas to build on but is slightly taller then the Goblin Mini and has the Looks of the Mage RTA....I love it so far!
SPECS: 3 x 28g/38g

17f2e152ab96d73350347d0a6cf26d17.jpg

I hope that holds you guys over for a bit!

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm Jealous of all you guy's with all the build time, i can't string together 10mins, i have so much lovely wire to build with and zero time.

Enjoy your build time guy's/gals :)

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm Jealous of all you guy's with all the build time, i can't string together 10mins, i have so much lovely wire to build with and zero time.

Enjoy your build time guy's/gals :)
It's my only form of stress relief then starting at 11am it's dance recitals until 8pm please help
Me!!!!!!!!!

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's my only form of stress relief then starting at 11am it's dance recitals until 8pm please help
Me!!!!!!!!!

Jeez! you sound hectic to!! ... Im sure all the hard work will pay off in the end ;)

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Building the Monster v3 has proved to be quite a challenge.. Can't even get this 26/36 N80 FC to stay under those tiny screws.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Building the Monster v3 has proved to be quite a challenge.. Can't even get this 26/36 N80 FC to stay under those tiny screws.

Send it to me and Ill hook it up something fierce for you ;)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
461ef9e79b1c3eb284f5d71109fc4b08.jpg

My first real vertical build I try to avoid them at all costs might have done it once before.
316L 26g SS 5wraps 2mm ID

Used to love the Marquis.
2 vertical coils is the way to go with it, it's just the way it's built.

You should unscrew and realign your positive post then tighten the 510 screw really tight, so that when you screw the top screw it doesn't spin the post.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I want one of those too. I know that Grimm Green loves his. Looks like a great rta.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Used to love the Marquis.
2 vertical coils is the way to go with it, it's just the way it's built.

You should unscrew and realign your positive post then tighten the 510 screw really tight, so that when you screw the top screw it doesn't spin the post.
Thank you for the advice I was just kind of playing because I have 180something RDAs so I was thinking about lightening the load.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you guys think about the ijoy limitless

The top coil things are pretty great. I have a few of them, the only reason I haven't gotten the Limitless is because I already have more than enough vapes going, and 24mm just doesn't fit most of my mods well. There is one other possible down point about that one in that it's not made to fit standard 510 drip tips, but apparently you can take the Griffin adapter and use that in it, so if you have one of those laying around you're golden. I like these kind of setups because you can pop the cap off and just drip like normal for an extra boost of flavor, or just vape it normal, either works. Also quick and easy to change wicks.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The top coil things are pretty great. I have a few of them, the only reason I haven't gotten the Limitless is because I already have more than enough vapes going, and 24mm just doesn't fit most of my mods well. There is one other possible down point about that one in that it's not made to fit standard 510 drip tips, but apparently you can take the Griffin adapter and use that in it, so if you have one of those laying around you're golden. I like these kind of setups because you can pop the cap off and just drip like normal for an extra boost of flavor, or just vape it normal, either works. Also quick and easy to change wicks.
Thank you so I redid my Griffin took pics of the claptons I made but then forgot to take pics of the actual coil. Lmao 316L SS 24/31g 7 wraps on 3/32 drill bit .15ohms
32cc6db0c2a269586bd888c7c8cbd6f5.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking of trying a parallel 3x28g twisted/26/32g clapton 5 wrap build in this tank and see how it vapes. It's between that or wait till payday on Friday and try my hand at making a fused clapton after I get my drill. Suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind this is my first time doing this with a drill.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking of trying a parallel 3x28g twisted/26/32g clapton 5 wrap build in this tank and see how it vapes. It's between that or wait till payday on Friday and try my hand at making a fused clapton after I get my drill. Suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind this is my first time doing this with a drill.

Dont forget to get good swivels

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im a Unlisted Vendor now for promoting a Coil Company so often here....the only one I can think of that Ive ever posted when someone asked for coils is Chefs...So I guess I work for @CrazyChef now? :p

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the only one I can think of that Ive ever posted
Seriously, though... It's because you've offered to sell yours on numerous occasions. You don't have to have a listing in the "Unlisted Vendors" forum, or even a website. But once you go beyond what would be considered normal trading, you're an Unlisted Vendor.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Seriously, though... It's because you've offered to sell yours on numerous occasions. You don't have to have a listing in the "Unlisted Vendors" forum, or even a website. But once you go beyond what would be considered normal trading, you're an Unlisted Vendor.
Thats what I thought....but it didnt seem like that was what they were telling me but then again they were extremely vague and dismissive about why so Ill pan it up to that.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is also why:

4 Pairs of Coils (Your choices) for $25 Starts Tomorrow!

All orders are out!

Adenrele1982: Do you have a site to make purchases

raymo2u: I dont have one for purchases yet but I am working on it, I take orders through PM but the site is here if you want to check it out (Its a rough draft)

Another Sale coming up!

Sale starts today! 3 Pairs of Coils of your Choice for $25! PM Me for Orders

Last edited:

VU Sponsors