Post your builds

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm so out of practice it isn't even funny :/ glad I've got the clamps in my hands now though :) @KingPin! I never got charged an import fee yano, mine were sent to an old address, luckily they kept hold of them for me, but no charges or anything of the sort. The price on the outside was about $35 as well so I don't know how they slipped through

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Glad you finally got them Rage... lucky sod maybe everything was paid for up front on yours?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you finally got them Rage... lucky sod maybe everything was paid for up front on yours?
So am I haha, only had a little spin with them upto now like but they feel solid as fuck. No chance of snapping these bad boys :D No I didn't pay any extra when I paid Raymo dude, I just paid for the item and for postage. Honestly don't know how they slipped through but I'm fucking cheddared lol. Threw in a set of alien staggs as well, damn those fuckers are soooo clean. So clean I don't even wanna load them into a device, just like looking at them haha

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So am I haha, only had a little spin with them upto now like but they feel solid as fuck. No chance of snapping these bad boys :D No I didn't pay any extra when I paid Raymo dude, I just paid for the item and for postage. Honestly don't know how they slipped through but I'm fucking cheddared lol. Threw in a set of alien staggs as well, damn those fuckers are soooo clean. So clean I don't even wanna load them into a device, just like looking at them haha

Those clamps shipped for me yesterday, I wonder if I'll get to see some raymo coils up close :eek:
Ever so lovely staggers staggers fo life ! :shades:

Spent quite a while to get that! That's my first clean one, I had a good start with 3 cores but I didn't make my straw stand sturdy...lol bad prep = bad build, lots of lessons learned today!

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Those clamps shipped for me yesterday, I wonder if I'll get to see some raymo coils up close :eek:

Spent quite a while to get that! That's my first clean one, I had a good start with 3 cores but I didn't make my straw stand sturdy...lol bad prep = bad build, lots of lessons learned today!
Yeah i think straw is needed only with more than 3 cores. I just put them on the swivels and i leave inch or to unclaptoned portion if it have to move it will move and at the halfway thru i but my paperclip away and let them be free i can just put presure and it will go by it self on a 90 degree angle. this is how í do my 3 core staggs.

Edit: And remember to pinch the fusing wire every half inch or less if needed. Makes it super clean and cores will stay on paralell :)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats your first build gonna be on them? doesnt even matter lol i cant wait to see it no matter what it is :cheers:
I have already messed around with them like, only did a 28/38 SFC to see how they felt. Came out pretty damn clean considering I haven't worked at the wire for about a fortnight. I'll upload a pic in a bit. I'm hoping to smash out some alien helixes and that ridged SSFC. Had a lot on recently though so may take me a bit to get back to spec. Will definitely be uploading and participating here again though, missed you guys :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice!! I'm thinking of gettin couple of MTL attys and drippers do throwback and grab one o nthe go so i don't pull clouds in public :D What MTL atty's do you use and like ? :)

After all the tanks I've used for MTL, I gotta recommend a little 1 battery squonker and a tiny atomizer with a bottom feed pin. I used small mods and small tanks for a while, but having your liquid safe inside a box and no worries about leaking or dry hits is amazing! You can wick all willy-nilly and still, doesn't matter! :D

- or an SXK BB Box (billet box clone), one stays in my pocket most of the time

Back on building, I'm getting some tools in the mail today, including some nylon pliers, loupe, hand drill, and some nice hardened flush cuts :xD: so more staggering when I get time

Today was the first time I got a really clean stagger more than once in a row, broke down and used 38 awg though instead of 40, but that's okay... I used this, kinda like what @machine showed in the stagger thread but twisting the wire until it was tight up against the core
IMG_20180328_121124_2.jpg

I think it may work for 40 awg too as long as I'm very careful

this is what happens when you buy a crap ton of RDAs at once, you end up using a really nice one as a weight lol

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have already messed around with them like, only did a 28/38 SFC to see how they felt. Came out pretty damn clean considering I haven't worked at the wire for about a fortnight. I'll upload a pic in a bit. I'm hoping to smash out some alien helixes and that ridged SSFC. Had a lot on recently though so may take me a bit to get back to spec. Will definitely be uploading and participating here again though, missed you guys :)

i have taken a few long breaks from building and i think it helps. i usually feel great when i get back to it, and not rusty/out of practice. we missed you too man :hug:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Threw in a set of alien staggs as well, damn those fuckers are soooo clean. So clean I don't even wanna load them into a device, just like looking at them haha

Double lucky!! Wow nice ...I didn’t get that either oh well hey ho

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Double lucky!! Wow nice ...I didn’t get that either oh well hey ho
Pretty sure he just threw a set of those in cause I case him on Instagram about how clean his are haha nice to see a properly done pair up close though. Definitely gotta get my building going again so I can achieve them perfectly, they just look boss when the wraps are done cleanly, not the jumbled mess mine sometimes come out like haha

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So how do you guys stabilize these hand drills to make them useful? I got this like 2 months ago, and it's been sitting in a drawer ever since.

AAZwHgQ.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So how do you guys stabilize these hand drills to make them useful? I got this like 2 months ago, and it's been sitting in a drawer ever since.

AAZwHgQ.jpg

Just got mine today! @mach1ne uses a couple of hose clamps, I'm going to use either hose clamps or zip ties to attach it to a wood block, and put the wood block in the same drill press vice I hold my corded drill in. You could put it on a block and then clamp the block to the table, alternatively

Last edited:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Latest variety batch. I’ve been enjoying my staycation, cheers!
After all the tanks I've used for MTL, I gotta recommend a little 1 battery squonker and a tiny atomizer with a bottom feed pin. I used small mods and small tanks for a while, but having your liquid safe inside a box and no worries about leaking or dry hits is amazing! You can wick all willy-nilly and still, doesn't matter! :D

- or an SXK BB Box (billet box clone), one stays in my pocket most of the time

Back on building, I'm getting some tools in the mail today, including some nylon pliers, loupe, hand drill, and some nice hardened flush cuts :xD: so more staggering when I get time

Today was the first time I got a really clean stagger more than once in a row, broke down and used 38 awg though instead of 40, but that's okay... I used this, kinda like what @machine showed in the stagger thread but twisting the wire until it was tight up against the core
View attachment 107435

I think it may work for 40 awg too as long as I'm very careful

this is what happens when you buy a crap ton of RDAs at once, you end up using a really nice one as a weight lol
Try regular fishing weights! They are cheap and can be bought in many wieghts! i use 10-40 grams weights depending on how thick wire im using and dont twist the thinner wire just put tension on it and pinch it to the end of clpaton wire :)

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. As long as you can ignore the occasional drama and/or ego bullshit, there's a lot of info that can be had here.
I have learned a great deal from this forum. and gotten several ideas. never been big on forums, especially if the builder type, since I don't really see myself as such, but you guys have been great. constructive feedback, helpful tips, lovely builds.. you're very much, look past any drama (which luckily I haven't seen) and soak up the knowledge

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have learned a great deal from this forum. and gotten several ideas. never been big on forums, especially if the builder type, since I don't really see myself as such, but you guys have been great. constructive feedback, helpful tips, lovely builds.. you're very much, look past any drama (which luckily I haven't seen) and soak up the knowledge

Yeah thats why i love posting here! In finland ppl don't appreciate this kind of things they just ignore you or talks shit about it or something wrong with ect.. they just think whatever they like/think is the only way to do it.Hate finish communities :mad:. I'm going to stick here and don't even bother to start in finish forums cuz they pretty much all dead or like 10-20 good ppl posting there.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. As long as you can ignore the occasional drama and/or ego bullshit, there's a lot of info that can be had here.
there are users on the forum who are so bad at expressing themselves that i end up imagining wwe wrestlers screeching into clutched microphones with spittle dangling off their lips every time i read their posts :cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yea if it wasn't for everyone in this thread I'd still be vaping single wire and parallel coils. Nothing wrong with that but I'm liking the fused clapton and Staples a lot more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh boy it's almost Friday night, that's BUILD NIGHT:banana:!!! What am I gonna build?? So many options!

Whatever it is, I bet it will be beautiful and kickass!

For me, I'm going to go backwards and work on being more careful in prep and making very clean wraps before I move on any further

...I hope I remember this when I want to try a 20 ply staggered alien or whatever it will be lol

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well i failed an alien stagg attempt last night, so im going to try again if i get a chance tonight. i got lots of clean parts, but not a whole coil worth. one thing i took away from the failure though, was for the first time i could see the second pass going into the spaces of the first. in the clean spots it seemed to place itself right where it would fit effortlessly. i feel like if i could get the first pass with perfect spacing, the second 'could' be very easy. until i saw that happen, i thought the second pass was the harder one. i think i just got lucky on my successful attempts at this build so far. with each attempt, failure or not, i get another little tiny detail to help me change it from luck to a working technique.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That one Was helpful. The link looks weird though, was hard to copy on my phone, but thanks
The part with the question mark is the timecode, but that part gets automatically removed by the forum software if I just post the link so I have to put the link between code tags to work around that problem... the number at the end of the link is the number of seconds. (535 seconds = 8 minutes 55 seconds.)

VU Sponsors