Become a Patron!

Post your builds

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
lol i just installed that 36/46 alien into the nofear unlimited clone i picked up a while ago. it took just over 2 ohms worth to cover the deck with coil. i put it on that weird squonk adapter for tube mods and its a pretty fun vape. its not very easy to make a coil out of wire that small. my install reminds me a bit of @CrazyChef v2.0 famous 'first build' pic :cheers:
View attachment 107685

*Applause* :D hard to make and wrap too, or was it? Do you grab the end tip to wrap, any tips for wraps not sliding while coiling?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Applause* :D hard to make and wrap too, or was it? Do you grab the end tip to wrap, any tips for wraps not sliding while coiling?
imo it was harder to get a coil installed, than to build the wire :giggle: i had enough for two coils, but i chopped it in half screwing down the post screws and lost almost half of it. it was also very springy and hard to keep in a clean coil shape. after considerable struggle, i got it all installed clean (spaced wraps) and glowing...then i wicked it and fucked it up lol. for wire like this i will pull the end pretty tightly as i wrap it on the jig (mandrel i guess, technically). i still had my loop to pull on so i didnt have to worry about wraps slipping off.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is for my daily vaping. ☺️
I made a coils once:

JlhbdEB.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Still one of the best coiled, cleanest wrapped single strand staggertons Ive ever seen
At least you can see it. Most people can't. I used 1200g N80 wrap, so everyone thinks it's just a plain wire. When using wire that's just a tad bit more than a micron in diameter, it tends to mess with spacetime when doing the actual wrap - hence the wrangly look. In reality it's absolutely stunningly beautiful. But because of the continuum discrepancies, I just couldn't get a pic of what it really looks like. It actually emits colors that aren't seen in the standard spectrum of normally refracted white light.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least you can see it. Most people can't. I used 1200g N80 wrap, so everyone thinks it's just a plain wire. When using wire that's just a tad bit more than a micron in diameter, it tends to mess with spacetime when doing the actual wrap - hence the wrangly look. In reality it's absolutely stunningly beautiful. But because of the continuum discrepancies, I just couldn't get a pic of what it really looks like. It actually emits colors that aren't seen in the standard spectrum of normally refracted white light.
is that the quantum wire that changes from parallel to helixed depending on whether its being observed or not? :cheers:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
is that the quantum wire that changes from parallel to helixed depending on whether its being observed or not? :cheers:
It has similar properties, yes. In order to properly wind it, you need to calculate where it should be at any given point in space and time and go from there. Adjusting for the Earth's rotation is the hard part, but not impossible.

Makes the Hellfire Gargoyle Hoof coil look easy.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has similar properties, yes. In order to properly wind it, you need to calculate where it should be at any given point in space and time and go from there. Adjusting for the Earth's rotation is the hard part, but not impossible.
i hear its much easier to work with in a 0 kelvin environment, but its pretty hard to survive that, so not many people are successful with it :D

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about those swivels, got them yet? I got a pair of 320 lb test Krok swivels but they don't spin as easily as my tiny 30 lb test Mustad ones :( I got to figure out what to lubricate them with
still waiting for swivels... USPS says they were delivered on Thursday, but nothing yet... happened to me with my wedding band too. tracking says front door, but it's still probably in a truck or something. i paid 99 cents for expedited shipping too lol. ebay wont let me report late delivery though because usps reported it delivered..o_O

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
is there a genuine sandvik version available anywhere?
Nah, they don't make it (unfortunately). I had to get it from the NASA/Роскосмос/国家航天局 coalition. But don't tell anyone where I got it. There are global security issues at stake. If you need some, tell Rocky I sent ya. He's a good dude. Just don't mention anything about peacocks. Trust me.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, they don't make it (unfortunately). I had to get it from the NASA/Роскосмос/国家航天局 coalition. But don't tell anyone where I got it. There are global security issues at stake. If you need some, tell Rocky I sent ya. He's a good dude. Just don't mention anything about peacocks. Trust me.
thanks for the warning. ill leave becky (my emotional support peacock) in the truck when i go in. cant wait to see how this stuff vapes (well, not 'see' i guess, since its not really emitting much of a visible light spectrum, but you know what i mean) :teehee:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
First build this weekend SSFC 2/26 8ply .45 staggered and fused with 36. It was perfect but i need to train my perfect coil wrapping skills with staple varitions it did not twist but could be cleaner

4bb1cde212cf67baa086a4be5ae6abf6.jpg

Lähetetty minun Nexus 6P laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Simply Stunning excellent coil mate

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you that mean a lot to me..:) i'm just so picky little inperfections even when you coiling it up makes my OCD go wild :D

I know what you mean haha when it’s in stick form I often leave it first and come back to it cause I know coiling could very well sod up the hard work I just put in :D

You produce lovely coils though mate, I might not get to comment as much on here as I’d like but I very much admire the builds people like your good self are putting up lately ...it’s great seeing this thread thriving with encouragement, it’s my personal favourite section on the whole forum

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am new to this site, it looks interesting can talk to so many peoples here instead of IG. Hehehe. I’ll post some of my builds later
Welcome to the Vu man. So much information here you'd get lost. Well hope not. But these guys and gals are amazing. So much talent. Glad to see another badass builder

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol obviously! I’m asking what’s a good speed for a cordless... I never owned one for coil building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a cheap cordless that runs 550rpm. Does pretty well for me. But I know there was a 700 I just couldn't swing it though. I think mine was 24 bucks
8bc63d2bd884839f71a1531b6515d304.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
mine does up to 2000 in 3rd gear.... or warp speed It’s pretty wacky going that fast use it for clapton work mainly cause my eyes can’t keep up

Use 2nd gear for alien work it’s more controllable there up to 1350

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mine does up to 2000 in 3rd gear.... or warp speed It’s pretty wacky going that fast use it for clapton work mainly cause my eyes can’t keep up

Use 2nd gear for alien work it’s more controllable there up to 1350
Sound like a weed eater. 5 second claptons. Lol. Maybe I need to look into a new drill.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
build day coming up missus relented to my moaning so I was able to get the revolver out earlier and make a mount for it ...can’t wait to use this puppy

BED9335F-BA69-4BC4-B5F9-4728E9FAAA12.jpeg
451A5C09-04BC-41CE-84B4-DD224A70DBE0.jpeg

Good thing is it swivels left and right with the drill so I can move the drill up at an angle and it will keep the wire straight still

VU Sponsors