Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Geez what do those beasts ohm out to

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
.078....Just under the mark for the Xcube 2, but I use the Adjust Ohm option to get it to read it at .08 so it can fire it. (I know not recommended...but I do it)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We used to choke & cough after a flight of stairs. Look at Us now. That's a Big Ass Win. :)
Funny part is I can take a deeper breath of air then my friends that never once smoked and I went from 2 PAD for 12 years to Vaping....Lungs couldnt take a breath enough to smell anything before and now I think since they've come from that and how I vape now its almost like working them out.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny part is I can take a deeper breath of air then my friends that never once smoked and I went from 2 PAD for 12 years to Vaping....Lungs couldnt take a breath enough to smell anything before and now I think since they've come from that and how I vape now its almost like working them out.
It is working them out. I make a big deal of it. I bought a Trumpet again after learning to play it in Jr. High. I was damn good at it. I'm learning again. Been shot, stabbed, & other shit, but not being able to breathe is the most scared I ever have been. That's a fucked up feeling. Your dying, & you know it. 2 minutes Buckwheat. & counting. :( Better do something, anything. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sat up in bed, can't breathe. Brain goes, this sucks, your going to die, right fuckin' now. Your going to turn off & there ain't shit you can do about it. Keep smoking, you'll find out. Get with vaping, or get in the ground. :cool:

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something maybe tried, maybe new but new to me.
Dual vertical coil, 1 wick in my Velocity clone .
f137305cf2e7e41a5cda2276fbead6dd.jpg

e9efe06d0a3ac9f418e12630ec88cd9f.jpg

79b9238dae3809e7da51d1b6e774c04f.jpg

I juice up my wicks, do 1 draw, then let them sit a few hours then juice again and enjoy the vape. For some reason it makes them get more hits per fill that way. But maybe it's just me.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you ever tried putting the positive leads in the furthest negative holes then centering your coils it would work a little better for you with airholes and all

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Something this
970736eed106595c7aee5207acd3ec72.jpg

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only started really building consistently about 2 weeks ago when I converted the office into a vape room who needs a computer and a printer anyways lol but building is my quiet time because my kids know they're not to touch any vaping stuff just for their safety don't need my kids getting nicotine poisoning

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
72758bd5ffa604faed0ceb8dd9cd037f.jpg
1dbcfc54e955423d7acde97ac289c7ba.jpg

26g 316 SS 12wraps and a 3mm screwdriver at
.43 ohms running her in temp mode @335 degrees great flavor and I'm using my own juice of frosted cinnamon buns.

So did you not flash the update on your ipv4? Ive been wondering about which tc mode to run stainless; would nickel or titanium mode make any difference?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So did you not flash the update on your ipv4? Ive been wondering about which tc mode to run stainless; would nickel or titanium mode make any difference?

I have the ipv4s and to run SS in temp control you need to choose Ti wire and go 80degrees cooler than you would vape at with Ti and it's pretty much dead on. My x cube has a SS option so I don't have to do the Ti minus 80degree thing

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I dug this out after building the Bellus it renewed my interest in RTA's so I did 12 wraps of 26nichrome coming in at .36 ohms at 30w
3ba64f1e529445cbc23f8654ae6d604a.jpg
117c231264b0a4d55e2391136cca02d8.jpg

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks!
They're a bitch at first. I was just practicing with the one I just posted. It's too big to fit in any of my atties. 22K core w/ 30k wrap.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Made a small build with the some of the wire I made yesterday...not as pretty as I thought it would of turned out but made it makes for a nice smooth vape with great amount of flavor and crazy amount of vapor!
20151107_132929.jpg
20151107_133206.jpg 20151107_133402.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am going to have to check out how to do the helix. I have a twisted and claptoned build in my freakshow... Wishing I knew how to helix!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Helix is just wrapping wire to form in the twisted sections. Take your wire fold it in half and twist it in your dril until there is 3-4 twists per inch, then clapton the entire wire. The grab a single strand of wire and follow the path, you need to do it twice and there are two sides to the wire so there are 2 paths that need to be followed, that's it.
Vid Tut:
Heres a pic of how dense the vapor is ;)
20151107_144842.jpg

Fyari

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.5 ribbon wire wrapped around 24 gauge kanthal

Attachments

• 2015-11-07 15.03.49.jpg
    2015-11-07 15.03.49.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 33

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the ipv4s and to run SS in temp control you need to choose Ti wire and go 80degrees cooler than you would vape at with Ti and it's pretty much dead on. My x cube has a SS option so I don't have to do the Ti minus 80degree thing

Sweet, thanks. Just got 550' of assorted kanthol in the mail but ss and ti are next on my shopping list

Fyari

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
twisted 22/24 wrapped in .8 X .1 mm ribbon wire. puts one some super thick smoke.

Attachments

• 2015-11-07 15.43.23.jpg
    2015-11-07 15.43.23.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 30

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helix is just wrapping wire to form in the twisted sections. Take your wire fold it in half and twist it in your dril until there is 3-4 twists per inch, then clapton the entire wire. The grab a single strand of wire and follow the path, you need to do it twice and there are two sides to the wire so there are 2 paths that need to be followed, that's it.
Vid Tut:
Heres a pic of how dense the vapor is ;)
View attachment 33255
Pretty thin lookin...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sweet, thanks. Just got 550' of assorted kanthol in the mail but ss and ti are next on my shopping list

Lol I got that 100ft of each 24,26,28,30 and 32 gauge and 50ft of 22

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yup. Too good to pass up. Now its just the question of what to do with it.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ni80 comes in a pack like that as well I got both of them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2x30K/38N fused Claptons in the Tobeco Supertank RDA. Kinda messy in there...

Tobeco-FC-30K38N.jpg

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.078....Just under the mark for the Xcube 2, but I use the Adjust Ohm option to get it to read it at .08 so it can fire it. (I know not recommended...but I do it)
Is that option on the Bluetooth or just in the menu?

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

Twisted dual parallel 24g kanthal running at .06 on my mutation v3. Nice warm vape and man the clouds are ridiculous.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-07-20-02-05-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-07-20-02-05-1.png
    657.6 KB · Views: 34

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running it on my Caravela right now so not sure but on my Sigelei 150 I'm running it at 87w. I built it on a 2mm screw driver if you were wondering.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
A 0.06ohm coil won't fire on a Sig 150...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that option on the Bluetooth or just in the menu?

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk
With the newest update in in the "Settings" option, its supposed to be for Locking or Adjusting the resistance for a TC coil but it also works for Kanthal/Ni80. Unless your making minuscule adjustments I advise against it...dont do as I do...its unsafe

VU Sponsors