Become a Patron!

Post your builds

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah 5 came in the pack, I just hooked em all together. I'd rather have an extra couple in case a few fail at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gonna check out wally world tomorrow and see what I can find. If not, hitting up some links. Can't believe I don't have any in my tackle box...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Ive never used them when Ive gone fishing so its pretty understandable why you wouldnt have them, there really isnt a need for them beside making wire. I couldnt find any swivels that small in Walmart, none that are the small size and none that had ball bearings...Lowes and Aubuchons didnt have any either...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
673eef8d2ccfba936c9e5cca83e90151.jpg
7e93e7d315fafc29a63471b85bdc4e79.jpg
148f88fac5f1069165f563c3f1db48a7.jpg

I'm liking this little guy here it has holes in the base to put the plugs in to decrease the airflow. It has 4ea of 3 sizes and 3 that cut off airflow completely

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive never used them when Ive gone fishing so its pretty understandable why you wouldnt have them, there really isnt a need for them beside making wire. I couldnt find any swivels that small in Walmart, none that are the small size and none that had ball bearings...Lowes and Aubuchons didnt have any either...
Found 5 brass swivels in my second tackle box. All new... once hooked up, they spun like gravel. I used some machine oil and they were a but better and my coil smoothed out but I am going to find some better machined ones. Just not smooth enough.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
673eef8d2ccfba936c9e5cca83e90151.jpg
7e93e7d315fafc29a63471b85bdc4e79.jpg
148f88fac5f1069165f563c3f1db48a7.jpg

I'm liking this little guy here it has holes in the base to put the plugs in to decrease the airflow. It has 4ea of 3 sizes and 3 that cut off airflow completely

Why would you want to kill flow?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Found 5 brass swivels in my second tackle box. All new... once hooked up, they spun like gravel. I used some machine oil and they were a but better and my coil smoothed out but I am going to find some better machined ones. Just not smooth enough.

If they are rollers try some Graphite Lube....VERY MESSY but works well in smoothing touching parts out and shouldnt need reapplication for a good while.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3Ft Wire Lengths of Today :D

2 x 26g Twisted Frames/4 x 24g Flattened with 34g Helixed (All by Hand/Pliers/Tape)
22g/34g Staggered Fused Clapton
24g/36g Fused Clapton
22g/32g Clapton
20151109_124313-jpg.33388

This is becoming a new favorite of mine (24g Twisted Loosely then Claptoned with 34g):
20151109_124839-jpg.33391
20151109_124810-jpg.33389

There isnt a better feeling then making a nice wire all by hand and pliers :p
20151109_124402-jpg.33390

I gave it a go again with Alien wire using 3x24g with 34g...I dont think Ill be doing it again anytime soon....
20151109_124304-jpg.33392
20151109_111526-jpg.33395

I am in Envy of your guys Alien Builds :(:confused:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, didn't know if there was a specific use for it.

Restricting airflow makes for a warmer vapes with higher ohm builds. though the draw is tighter. Some people dont have the capability to build so low and power it or find that doing it is dangerous. That would fill the gap if they want a warm vape with intense flavor but dont want to build low.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Restricting airflow makes for a warmer vapes with higher ohm builds. though the draw is tighter. Some people dont have the capability to build so low and power it or find that doing it is dangerous. That would fill the gap if they want a warm vape with intense flavor but dont want to build low.
The more you know, the more you grow! Haha I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification man!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The more you know, the more you grow! Haha I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification man!

The same goes for chamber size, the reason the mini rda's like the Derringer and others are for the same reason, a warmer/more flavorful vape with a higher resistance build, just so if you ever wondered that also...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The same goes for chamber size, the reason the mini rda's like the Derringer and others are for the same reason, a warmer/more flavorful vape with a higher resistance build, just so if you ever wondered that also...
Good to know. I have a velocity mini I use when at home. Have thought about getting a full size to see how they compared. I love my velocity mini!

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, didn't know if there was a specific use for it.

They actually go in on the deck I just thought it was a cool idea all tho having tho little pieces kinda suck

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Velocity has become my ADV. I like how easy it is to build and love how much juice it holds, I can get almost a full dropper in there with no leaking. I stopped by Wal-mart this morning and picked up some swivels, they were 1.60 for 5.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good to know. I have a velocity mini I use when at home. Have thought about getting a full size to see how they compared. I love my velocity mini!

There is only a 2mm difference in the Velocity and its Mini counterpart...there wont be a noticable difference with it, I wish they took it down 4-5mm more off the top cap...
The Twisted Messes RDA and Its Mini are more substantial in difference, like most of the Fullsize/Mini's (My GO-To RDA's) Wish I didnt loose my Delrin Fullsize Drip Tip :(
20151109_180718.jpg20151109_180922.jpg20151109_180932.jpg

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't wait for my aromamizer with the velocity deck to come I ordered it like a month ago but since that deck is pretty popular it's taking forever to get here

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I own a few minis mostly freakshows what are the pros and cons of minis or is it just preference

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One more question what gauge do most of you guys use to make your claptons and alien. I just ordered 1000 ft of 36 g ni80 do you suggest getting 40g too or is 36 pretty much the most commonly used one

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more question what gauge do most of you guys use to make your claptons and alien. I just ordered 1000 ft of 36 g ni80 do you suggest getting 40g too or is 36 pretty much the most commonly used one

36g will be plenty small to work with, 40 is a bit tougher to work with.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got in some 34 and 36 ga for claptons. So far I really like the 36 it is still easy to work with and helps to keep the size of the claptons down.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
36g will be plenty small to work with, 40 is a bit tougher to work with.

Thank you I was torn I was making claptons with 30g ni80 so I can't even imagine 40g

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you I was torn I was making claptons with 30g ni80 so I can't even imagine 40g

36 gauge should be a big jump then in flavor, tbh 40 isn't a huge difference to me its just harder to work with if your on a regulated device

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
40g is surprisingly easier to work with than you might think. I wanna try something smaller just to see what it's like. I've been considering some 52g, but haven't ordered it yet.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
36 gauge should be a big jump then in flavor, tbh 40 isn't a huge difference to me its just harder to work with if your on a regulated device

Thank you guys for your help

Dc01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMAG0038.jpg....10 piece. 5 ribbon core with. 5 ribbon shell......vapes like a dream.....: )

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The mini rda's for for people that want either a smaller low-profile setup or to use higher resistance builds on them while maintaining a warmer vape. The cons depend on each comparison but most of them wont support larger coil builds that their full-size counterpart could.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mini rda's for for people that want either a smaller low-profile setup or to use higher resistance builds on them while maintaining a warmer vape. The cons depend on each comparison but most of them wont support larger coil builds that their full-size counterpart could.
That is the issues I run into with my mini. I can't fit some builds in there.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
40g is surprisingly easier to work with than you might think. I wanna try something smaller just to see what it's like. I've been considering some 52g, but haven't ordered it yet.
46g is the thinnest Ive dealt with so far and its easy to use for clapton style builds...I couldnt imagine the headache it would be to try and Alien it though :eek:
26g/46 Fused Claptons...I love how the thinner wire just appears to make the cores smoothed together and then chrome in the light....almost like a thicker ribbon wire
20151105_151652.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That wire looks good and shiny. You clean that with anything?

Nope, always wash hands before building and any/all wire before use. Any reminints are burned off when they are pulsed and then they last longer then if Im in a hurry and throw something together...They seem to be "show worthy" longer and taste cleaner. I went to the store and back, walking 5-6 blocks and back) and chain vape when walking, they still shiny but cotton not as nice...
20151109_214006.jpg 20151109_213821.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2f7884bb62e0d03e1308197c51a43e65.jpg

First run at a TC build. 430 SS 28 gauge in a double dual wrapped at 2mm ID. About to wick it up now.

Any clues what temp to run this at? Comes out to .18 ohm

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2f7884bb62e0d03e1308197c51a43e65.jpg

First run at a TC build. 430 SS 28 gauge in a double dual wrapped at 2mm ID. About to wick it up now.

Any clues what temp to run this at? Comes out to .18 ohm

Still havent tried tc but I would start at 40w/430F and find your most optimum setting little by little

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this isn't working and I know it is me. First time running any other than vw. Have the mod set tc-ss and at 300 degrees. I start to pull on it and then it kicks off and switches back to vw... here is a screen shot of my read out on my phone. Going to hit up the cube 2 mod parts and look for answers!

b02c30b9cbbb8dac72716068e7065346.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So this isn't working and I know it is me. First time running any other than vw. Have the mod set tc-ss and at 300 degrees. I start to pull on it and then it kicks off and switches back to vw... here is a screen shot of my read out on my phone. Going to hit up the cube 2 mod parts and look for answers!

b02c30b9cbbb8dac72716068e7065346.jpg

I dont use the app, when they make it so it can direct connect through usb for realtime Ill wait, its just to slow and buggy through the bluetooth and the software behind it. Coils tightened down really well and no contact shorts?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont use the app, when they make it so it can direct connect through usb for realtime Ill wait, its just to slow and buggy through the bluetooth and the software behind it. Coils tightened down really well and no contact shorts?
Pm'ed you to not continue to derail the thread...

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see yall building all of these big, elaborate coils. Staged claptons, twisted claptons, staggered claptons, fused claptons, staple coils and whatnot are great and all, but where's the love for the tiny coils of the vaping world? There's some legit vapage to be had with less wire, you know? Smaller coils wick better. Not knocking big-ass coils - I use them too, but when set-up right, a smaller coil can move just as much juice as a big coil. I swear, some of my smaller builds kick-up a bit more flavor than the bigger ones. They tend to be much smoother vapes, too.

How about a cute little dual twisted 26g? 2.5mm id - .22 ohms.

a1l4bd.jpg

Performing really nicely on my SMPL v1. Lots of cool, smooth, and tasty vapor for the sapor. Little coils, big clouds. Really get's crackin at 80w on my Sigelei.

VU Sponsors