Become a Patron!

Post your builds

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First attempt at alien wire ever
34a91ba77a3cc7f650348b760e03d3ae.jpg

Looks a bit gnarly... when i managed to work the hot spots out of it, ended up somehow bumping into the control and some plastic melted on it rendering it useless.... gotta get some thinner wire to work with cause this mammer jammer ohmed out real low (.17) and way more wraps than i enjoy... anyway, next time

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
It still looks alot better than my first attempt lol

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wasnt as hard as i thought though the beginning i got it real tight and it looked badass then i had a moment of out of controllness and came back with it loosely claptoned, managed to salvage 1 coil out of like a foot of wire lol

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's she vape? And also. I really like that deck design.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
I have to take it back apart. Everything is solid but after wicking, one coil isn't firing. Have to figure that out. But with only one side at 50w... she be tasting good and a lot of cloud. Surprising it of a single coil. Fast ramp up but the little indestructible gets warm fast if I hit it in succession to quickly.

I will fix the one coil and report back!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to take it back apart. Everything is solid but after wicking, one coil isn't firing. Have to figure that out. But with only one side at 50w... she be tasting good and a lot of cloud. Surprising it of a single coil. Fast ramp up but the little indestructible gets warm fast if I hit it in succession to quickly.

I will fix the one coil and report back!

I think that pisses me off worse then messing up a coil.
hopefully it's something simple like a loose screw then a broke wire

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't have time to mess with it now, will check it out tomorrow. Throwing a tank on and playing some diablo.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna pull these and take a wrap off. Having trouble with the wicking. Could be my shitty wicking to start with though
ff52f3ab4bbbaa06d455c7cff538c754.jpg

8fe4331c0d59fd5464ad99b4d6e4d67c.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good from here. Are the ends of the wicks at least touching the bottom of the juice well?
Yup. The wicks were just a bit to thin and the way i had the coils sitting didn't help.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2 conclusions tonight:

Cotton bacon is worth the price.
Claptons are far superior to standard microcoils.
1.) Scottish Roll Wicking makes it so any cotton is as good as Cotton Bacon
2.) Fused Claptons will set you a new standard in coil builds, with Alien and Staple Variants being the only competing build for flavor/vapor.

Keep trying new things you will be surprised on how much better the vape can get with small changes and wire/coil types.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 conclusions tonight:

Cotton bacon is worth the price.
Claptons are far superior to standard microcoils.
as new to all of this that i am, i like Cotton bacon as well. easy to work with, and moves juice like a pipeline.

great looking coils. any specs for the build?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I enjoyed cotton bacon, still have some left... im hooked on pima cotton now.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2.) Fused Claptons will set you a new standard in coil builds, with Alien and Staple Variants being the only competing build for flavor/vapor.

Keep trying new things you will be surprised on how much better the vape can get with small changes and wire/coil types.
#2 - this... Yes. Im really enjoying the power i can put into these coils and im hoping to get high gauge aliens down soon. I really need to get a corded drill tho. Build time is getting hard to keep steady with dead batteries

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

1) i checked out Scottish Rolling. it really looks like a great way to open up the fibers.
2) i couldn't totally agree more about the FC's. i spun out a set for my Kennedy tonight. same specs that i put in the Velocity the other night (2*26gN80/34gA1). they were ok in the Velocity for clouds but the taste sucked. my hope is, by dropping a wrap and the better taste of the Kennedy will make these coils shine.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright. First run with higher gauge wire. Having previously worked with 32, and then 34 gauge the move up to 38 has been welcomed. Still have ~200 ft of 34 gauge...

I'll say I actually thought 38 G to be easier to clapton with... Weird right?

Anyways the 8 wraps was supposed to be .45ish... It's ohmed to .35 after even heating was achieved. Colored well as Nichrome does. The 28 gauge cores are Kanthal. Too low to use my Noisy Cricket on (upsetting) so it's on the IPV.

Any constructive criticism is always welcomed, and I think I'm trying aliens next time I build!

Enjoy.

c4f8c78416c2bcf0e3e6be9af4628a8f.jpg

978ada3c92b824329eeed4271ec83180.jpg

2e2ccc5e49503d19407552a13bd25bc2.jpg

5129e1a0843ed897699c6f0f6ff6de61.jpg

Matt

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a chip in my 22n80
5c78cc1c5b390cc0406d1343d02299cc.jpg
new take on a drip shot
a70fbd412d29263402236a418248d1f6.jpg

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright. First run with higher gauge wire. Having previously worked with 32, and then 34 gauge the move up to 38 has been welcomed. Still have ~200 ft of 34 gauge...

I'll say I actually thought 38 G to be easier to clapton with... Weird right?

Anyways the 8 wraps was supposed to be .45ish... It's ohmed to .35 after even heating was achieved. Colored well as Nichrome does. The 28 gauge cores are Kanthal. Too low to use my Noisy Cricket on (upsetting) so it's on the IPV.

Any constructive criticism is always welcomed, and I think I'm trying aliens next time I build!

Enjoy.

c4f8c78416c2bcf0e3e6be9af4628a8f.jpg

978ada3c92b824329eeed4271ec83180.jpg

2e2ccc5e49503d19407552a13bd25bc2.jpg

5129e1a0843ed897699c6f0f6ff6de61.jpg

Matt
Looks good to me.... where did you get the higher gauge wire? Temco seems to go up to 36n80 only and evem thats oos. Also why cant you use .35ohm on noisy cricket? Preference?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, ribbon/staple type builds are flavor monsters!

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
as new to all of this that i am, i like Cotton bacon as well. easy to work with, and moves juice like a pipeline.

great looking coils. any specs for the build?
1.83mm ID 7 wraps .2 resistance
26awg kanthal/34k parallel wrapped with 24 nichrome80
The 24awg has an extra wrap to create symmetry.

I'm thinking a 2 mm ID might be a better choice. All of my RDA are older and some have mix matched parts:( the post holes and top caps limit my ability to build larger coils.

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What is fused? 2 wires being claptoned together? Don't know if I could do that. My drill is OLD only goes 1000000000rpm with no option to go slower.

Could anyone suggest a build for me to try next? I have 28awg n80 25k 30k and a small amount of 34k and 1ft of 26k

Last edited:

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is fused? 2 wires being claptoned together? Don't know if I could do that. My drill is OLD only goes 1000000000rpm with no option to go slower.

yes. two wires as the core.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks good to me.... where did you get the higher gauge wire? Temco seems to go up to 36n80 only and evem thats oos. Also why cant you use .35ohm on noisy cricket? Preference?

Thanks! Amazon.. It's Lightning Vapes. Who currently have 15% off orders with code LV15

just preference mostly... A bit too warm for me.

Matt

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi guys I found a pretty good deal on eBay it's almost half the price that it is on their website
7c946360919946071b1f75483598f5d9.jpg

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Lightning vapes also has ohmsweetohm for 17% off and k.bee vapes has BEESTRONG as their coupon code I use them both

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So I loosened the negative connection on the coil that wasn't firing. Wiggled the wire and then tightened back down. Now it is firing. I have to say, I like the positive past design but not a huge fan of the negative terminals as when you tighten down, the screw pushed the coil out if you load the coils from left to right with the left being the negative. You need to install the coils making good the positive center post be the left and the negative post being the right. That way when you tighten down the negative post, it smashes the wire into the inside gap of the negative post. I will say having the negative post being open on the sides, will help cram some massive builds into that thing really easily!

I think my next build on that deck will be worth some smaller gauge wire maybe as only taking a couple tugs on it gets that little dude warm! Flavor coming out is potent too. Picking up some flavors in a couple of my tropical blends I didn't notice before. I think I'm going to scrap all of my build's over a couples weeks old and build a ton of new fused claptons, framed claptons, and staged claptons.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Itty bitty 30//42G fused claptons in the Goblin Mini. 2mm inner clocked in at .57Ω. Rockin' it on the Noisy Cricket and it's one hell of a vape. I picked this tank up yesterday and i have been loving it. I snapped the shot after a re-wick, so forgive the slight dirtiness.
97960c8a18416b00516eeb8d762722cf.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Itty bitty 30//42G fused claptons in the Goblin Mini. 2mm inner clocked in at .57Ω. Rockin' it on the Noisy Cricket and it's one hell of a vape. I picked this tank up yesterday and i have been loving it. I snapped the shot after a re-wick, so forgive the slight dirtiness.
97960c8a18416b00516eeb8d762722cf.jpg

Looks good man!

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
from the lab today......
Fused Clapton 26!34G.JPG

build#008
Kennedy RDA
Fused Clapton
2*26g n80/34ga1
5wraps/3mm
.17ohm

Last edited:

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried a fused type Clapton with 28 n80/34k
I'm missing the nut to secure my positive lead so I have not vaped it. The fumo RDA prefers the wraps to be spaced. That RDA is a great atty for flavor. Need to find a but or something to bring her off the bench.

I also used up my 26k on this build in my nucleus. 26/30k 6 wraps for .3 resistance 2mm ID It takes forever to warm up. I think I prefer nichrome.

Attachments

• IMG_20160110_124202763_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160110_124202763_HDR.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20160110_151253785.jpg
    IMG_20160110_151253785.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 29

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's very clean!
The only thing I would say would be do 1 less wrap so it fits on the deck easier for you as long as it keeps your resistance high enough for your needs

Clean. Clean. Clean. The only other thing I would change is, take out the solid wire to make what I am going to call the superman Clapton coil....... What I mean is. Doing what you did as I have done many times... Install just the clapton leaving the solid wire for spacing,pinch pull,pinch pull. As normal pull out the rod/screwdriver. What happens? The second coil falls out leaving the primary. Leaving the primary evenly spaced. Add cotton drip and enjoy

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What it this?
An experiment. It sucked.
It's actually a stitched alien using ribbon wire for the stitch. Interesting looking wire, but it coiled like shit. Oh well, it was worth a shot, anyway.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
An experiment. It sucked.
It's actually a stitched alien using ribbon wire for the stitch. Interesting looking wire, but it coiled like shit. Oh well, it was worth a shot, anyway.
Did you try adding a staged wire for stability. Or weave and or push in 2 solids?

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm a little confused but a lot curious
OK let me try to explain . keep in mind ...lol I have been drinking...
Ok ....so keeping it as simply as I can. Take 2 wires wrapping a coil. Wrap as normal. As you install your coil, only connect 1 lead each side(1+&1-)
Choose what coil will stay.( that is the coil to tighten in RDA/RBA ) Bend other coil leads out the way. Pull, pinch, pull pinch. Exc. Exc.
Once it looks as you want it to be, pull rod/screwdriver out to remove extra coil. Dry fire to see how it fires.
If not satisfied, insert second coil again repeat till both fire evenly...
Make better sense now?

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK let me try to explain . keep in mind ...lol I have been drinking...
Ok ....so keeping it as simply as I can. Take 2 wires wrapping a coil. Wrap as normal. As you install your coil, only connect 1 lead each side(1+&1-)
Choose what coil will stay.( that is the coil to tighten in RDA/RBA ) Bend other coil leads out the way. Pull, pinch, pull pinch. Exc. Exc.
Once it looks as you want it to be, pull rod/screwdriver out to remove extra coil. Dry fire to see how it fires.
If not satisfied, insert second coil again repeat till both fire evenly...
Make better sense now?
This methods can be used for all types of coils.. Superman zipper coils, staged Claptons, regular Clapton, exc.exc. all concepts designed by juicy76 aka Ricky Webster

VU Sponsors