Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought you were heading to Norleans this weekend, Always...no?
A week from today
Damn always, making me hungry, haven't has a Gyro in years...not many greek restaurants here.
Oh it was great! Was a place called papa gyro, full rundown of Greek menu but I always get the basic authentic gyro.

Doesn't look like much but the plate is huge and piled high
e978c2be8ec314d31c14b442ad8ecf3f.jpg

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
Sounds like your youth doesn't get it.
In the U.S. we resist change....and refuse to learn......east-peasy.......
And when we don't "get it"....we call your system stupid......cuz we is Merica.....and Obama has made us AWESOME.....

I'll stop...

Yeah, it makes much more sense to measure in inches, feet, yards, and miles. 'Cause it's so simple to remember that a mile is 5,280 feet and that means it's 1,760 yards. I much prefer that over using that power of 10 thing that most other places use. Who's got time for 1 kilometer is 1,000 meters and that 1 meter is 100 centimeters. That's HARD!

(And, yeah, I know this was from yesterday...I've been busy!)

And, HI Y'ALL!!

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, it makes much more sense to measure in inches, feet, yards, and miles. 'Cause it's so simple to remember that a mile is 5,280 feet and that means it's 1,760 yards. I much prefer that over using that power of 10 thing that most other places use. Who's got time for 1 kilometer is 1,000 meters and that 1 meter is 100 centimeters. That's HARD!

And, HI Y'ALL!!

Hiya, Dan! Nice to see ya.......or type at ya.....whatever at ya! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And, HI Y'ALL!!
Quite busy, I suppose...it's been a while. ;)
Hope you're well! XO

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
Hiya, Stephanie. Nice to be seen...or typed at. :) How are you doing?

Hey, Mer! Congrats to you for the Sharks win. I was actually rooting for them, because in my twisted logic: they beat the Preds, who beat the Ducks and, since I'm a Ducks fan, my team lost to the team that lost to the team that won it all. Also glad that your unintentional shorting of your battery didn't turn out any worse than it did. Glad you're getting cases.

Embee, you nekkid mowing goddess! Yes, it's been busy. Most days I'm up at 4:45 and don't get to bed until 11:30 or so. Last week was a bit rough as the 16th was the 4th anniversary of Cindy's passing; but, it's better this week. Other than that, I'm doing very well, thank you.

22, I didn't know he had a page. Adding me is fine. Guess I'll have to go take a look at it :oops:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hey, Mer! Congrats to you for the Sharks win. I was actually rooting for them, because in my twisted logic: they beat the Preds, who beat the Ducks and, since I'm a Ducks fan, my team lost to the team that lost to the team that won it all. Also glad that your unintentional shorting of your battery didn't turn out any worse than it did. Glad you're getting cases.

Embee, you nekkid mowing goddess! Yes, it's been busy. Most days I'm up at 4:45 and don't get to bed until 11:30 or so. Last week was a bit rough as the 16th was the 4th anniversary of Cindy's passing; but, it's better this week. Other than that, I'm doing very well, thank you.

22, I didn't know he had a page. Adding me is fine. Guess I'll have to go take a look at it :oops:
It's brand new. Just getting up and running.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dan, actually, Steph's Penguins beat my Sharks :( :( :(. But hey, they got to play for the Cup for the first time :). Now, my Giants are on some kinda roll :)

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning' Knuckles.
I have nothing to mulch yet this year. :(
But I spent yesterday doing my Edward Scissorhands best and trimmed all the bushes around the house, which turned out to be kind of fun. I'm tempted to get fancy and turn the next one into a goat.
Speaking of which, on my daily walk there have been lots of baby goats to visit at the farm down the road. Their little ma-a-a-a-as greet me as I walk by. It's pretty awesome.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Always happy to see you! Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger.:blowkiss:

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
Dan, actually, Steph's Penguins beat my Sharks :( :( :(. But hey, they got to play for the Cup for the first time :). Now, my Giants are on some kinda roll :)

Doh!!! Of course, I knew that. Bit of revisionist history going on in my brain (I am a bear of little brain). Sorry about that.

Stephanie, What I said to Mer about the Sharks applies to you about the Penguins. Except, of course, I wasn't rooting for them. Sorry about that.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Life's been hectic. We lost Mikes dad at the end of May, and it's been a little weird getting used to this new schedule. We are doing our best. At least the weather has been nice.

Sent from me using some kind of cellular device so that I can talk to you!

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
Life's been hectic. We lost Mikes dad at the end of May, and it's been a little weird getting used to this new schedule. We are doing our best. At least the weather has been nice.

Sent from me using some kind of cellular device so that I can talk to you!

Sorry to hear that, Steph. Our best is all we can do. My best to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny, I lived outside Palm Springs in the SoCal desert from age 10-18. Heat didn't bother me much at all then...I'd slather on the baby oil and go roast in the sun. Funny what age does to you... :)
Lol. We used coconut oil here, which not only doesn't protect from the sun, it makes it worse. Pretty much everyone here has skin cancer removed at some point

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doffy...I never knew it got that cold there, learn something every day.....:)

Always thought Melbourne had a relatively temperate climate....guess I need to brush up on worldly temps...:facepalm:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doffy...I never knew it got that cold there, learn something every day.....:)

Always thought Melbourne had a relatively temperate climate....guess I need to brush up on worldly temps...:facepalm:
This is the extreme. How cold does the valley get?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny, I lived outside Palm Springs in the SoCal desert from age 10-18. Heat didn't bother me much at all then...I'd slather on the baby oil and go roast in the sun. Funny what age does to you... :)
For the past week I've been thinking that the sun is much hotter and stronger than it was when I was a kid. I slather on the sunscreen but feel like my skin is roasting anyway. Never used to be like this.
I'm telling you, nekkid mowing=danger.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the past week I've been thinking that the sun is much hotter and stronger than it was when I was a kid. I slather on the sunscreen but feel like my skin is roasting anyway. Never used to be like this.
I'm telling you, nekkid mowing=danger.

i think at age ten we think "it is 100 degrees, that is so cool" and by 30ish we think "not again"

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i am rarely happy with the weather

i'm a bit realistic about it though, every winter people say "this winter is particularly brutal" even if we are having a record breaking warm spell

every summer, people say "i don't mind the heat, it's just this humidity" even if the air is bone dry

i remember liking the weather, i think it was a tuesday

VU Sponsors