Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the worst off here are the ones that did school in the 60s and 70s

learn the basics in imperial, then BAM advanced math in metric, so now that generation just has nFI at all

Sounds like your youth doesn't get it.
In the U.S. we resist change....and refuse to learn......east-peasy.......
And when we don't "get it"....we call your system stupid......cuz we is Merica.....and Obama has made us AWESOME.....

I'll stop...

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure about the hot chicky-babe stuff, but my skills are lacking in the kitchen, for sure.
Since we've moved and Hubby is busting his ass with a full time job and fixing this house, I've been doing all the cooking.
He's lost some weight. :facepalm:

You're a hot chicky babe in my mind always......and your hubby is 1lucky guy...
Now be quiet.....I'm hunting Wabbits.......:sneaka:

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crock pots save the day if you need easy peasy recipes let me know
I've been using the crock pot a lot. Last time I made a roast I thought I was adding a handful of thyme, but instead I added basil. It was utterly disgusting. Who knew?
In my defense, though, the herbs were from our garden and when hubby put them in containers he didn't label them. Just figured I'd know the difference. Silly hubby.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i love my slow cooker

the problem is they favour big quantities

mum now pretty much won't eat meat, or after 2pm cos her meds bork her digestion
They do make a lot, I take a big piece and stretch it out in different ways. A pork roast for example, eat just the roast with potatoes and carrots, after a day or two shred it for pulled pork, then the leftover pulled pork gets frozen and turned into pizza, nachos, chili, or just reheated for sandwiches.

A whole chicken gets eaten as chicken one day, the next taken apart for soup or casseroles or salad topping

Edit; did this for when it was just ex hubby and I and the kids. Now with 9 adults eating there are rarely leftovers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They do make a lot, I take a big piece and stretch it out in different ways. A pork roast for example, eat just the roast with potatoes and carrots, after a day or two shred it for pulled pork, then the leftover pulled pork gets frozen and turned into pizza, nachos, chili, or just reheated for sandwiches.

A whole chicken gets eaten as chicken one day, the next taken apart for soup or casseroles or salad topping

Edit; did this for when it was just ex hubby and I and the kids. Now with 9 adults eating there are rarely leftovers

i try to give leftovers to the chooks asap

saves a week of listening to complaints about waste and indigestion

Screenshot - 240616 - 22:52:48.png

5 days to study technique :D

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c9c3e61e0a7f63ba9bbedbb09b21d2e4.jpg

I don't know what kind of party this was but I'm really sad I wasn't invited

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is there to wonder about?

And, I was informed that I will not be able to vape at my desk during work, due to an anonymous complaint and the legislation that was passed earlier this year. :sad:
Seeing that the only one that "hacks" when I vape is our :blah:, it was pretty simple to deduce who it was. I will take the knuckle high road and not get mad.
However, I will do everything I can to get even - I don't care if it's the boss's wife . . .. . . :devil:
Damn. It's getting tough all over for us vapers. I think driving a truck and working out of my home is the best solution. Getting even is sometimes worth it, just don't get caught. You can hire Hawk to take care of her.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG. I just had an exploding lithium ion battery adventure...so today is my daughter's birthday and I went to the large copy/print shop she owns with her present. I made her some jewelry, and had an extra cheap plated silver chain for the necklace. In a pocket of my purse I carry an extra batt for my provari. So anyway, I tossed the extra chain in my purse. A few minutes later there's a POP and sizzling SMOKE pouring from my purse. Her business has lots of expensive copy machines, not to mention all the paper. Her 3 employees ran around opening doors and getting a couple fans going. Had the smoke alarm sprinklers come on it would have been horrible. OMG. Got my purse outside and finally soaked it with enough water to stop the crazy smoke. Home now, still shaking. Hubby says silver is a GREAT conductor :(
:eek: Thank God all turned out safely. That would scare me a bit, too. I try to be very careful transporting batteries. Sometimes one in each pocket of my jeans but I have to remember not to add my keys. More often than not, I use the plastic boxes. I try to be careful but I have been known to put them in a pocket of my purse as well. Guess I won't do that anymore!:eek:

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:eek: Thank God all turned out safely. That would scare me a bit, too. I try to be very careful transporting batteries. Sometimes one in each pocket of my jeans but I have to remember not to add my keys. More often than not, I use the plastic boxes. I try to be careful but I have been known to put them in a pocket of my purse as well. Guess I won't do that anymore!:eek:
Always use cases, Glow. Not worth the risk.

Good to see you stranger. :hug:

VU Sponsors