Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The crazy ones are the only ones worth having

AMEN Crazyfeet!!!!
Back in my rockstar days, playing in "rock" bands, the way things played out was....lead guitar and throat always vied for the hot chicks. Rhythm guitar and bass player got their left overs and the drummer got the crazy, scary chicks that nobody else wanted.
I'm a drummer...........and I have no regrets. Crazy chicks ROCK. If you don't marry them.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AMEN Crazyfeet!!!!
Back in my rockstar days, playing in "rock" bands, the way things played out was....lead guitar and throat always vied for the hot chicks. Rhythm guitar and bass player got their left overs and the drummer got the crazy, scary chicks that nobody else wanted.
I'm a drummer...........and I have no regrets. Crazy chicks ROCK. If you don't marry them.

Haha true I not the marrying kind

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, you were walking around with a stratocaster when you met the missus'?

Never said Mama bears was Mensa material.....lol.....
Nope. She's never seen my magic. She would have been mesmerized with throat and never given me a second look.
I had pretty much hung up my rock career when I met her. Plus my life expectancy was dwindling rapidly at the age of 24. We lost our bass player due to our lifestyle and it really woke me and another member up. Actually scared the shit out of both of us.
Now look at me. Professional ship lap advisor and lackey extraordinaire. Movie of the week material for sure.
I've drug my drums across country for 30 years....had just pulled them out and started to set/repair them in the basement.....and son moved back in squashing that dream.....temporarily. Put the bat shit crazy babes on the back burner for a bit. But Hawks got the rhythm pounding again and getting itchy. At least I hope that's rhythm. If not...maybe my HOT doc has a cream for the itch and thumping.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never said Mama bears was Mensa material.....lol.....
Nope. She's never seen my magic. She would have been mesmerized with throat and never given me a second look.
I had pretty much hung up my rock career when I met her. Plus my life expectancy was dwindling rapidly at the age of 24. We lost our bass player due to our lifestyle and it really woke me and another member up. Actually scared the shit out of both of us.
Now look at me. Professional ship lap advisor and lackey extraordinaire. Movie of the week material for sure.
I've drug my drums across country for 30 years....had just pulled them out and started to set/repair them in the basement.....and son moved back in squashing that dream.....temporarily. Put the bat shit crazy babes on the back burner for a bit. But Hawks got the rhythm pounding again and getting itchy. At least I hope that's rhythm. If not...maybe my HOT doc has a cream for the itch and thumping.

Must've been your good looks and panache' then . . . .

Step-daughter and fiance are in the house for now, but they've been looking for a place from the second day they were here. I hope they don't find one too soon - going to miss her cooking . . . .. :D

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AMEN Crazyfeet!!!!

bassist leftovers FTW

i never had time to do the band thing, just garage jams

vocals always threw me off cos the amount of bars you carry a riff for actually matter to fit with the words, was used to just freestyling

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5cc90a59c2c9fd973059770661f3aeff.jpg

60°F. Girls are dith bathing to keep cool.

Jealous on two counts: I wish I was warm blooded, I wish I could have that much fun with dirt.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5cc90a59c2c9fd973059770661f3aeff.jpg

60°F. Girls are dith bathing to keep cool.

Jealous on two counts: I wish I was warm blooded, I wish I could have that much fun with dirt.

Better a dirt bath than a dirt nap.
Girls bathing to keep cool is hot....even if they have feathers.....or fur.....or only 1 nipple and a tattoo of a cat being drawn and quartered covering her front side from mid thigh to just under her solo nipple.
Crazy girl. Probably (without a doubt) still single.......or in prison......or, for the sake of the human race, most likely taking a dirt bat.....errr...nap.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because I'm a good American......I have a desire to blow some shit up this weekend.
I have a pack of black cats but not wanting to be too extreme. Do they still make baby gorillas? Lady fingers? Peacocks? Those were awesome fireworks for toddlers.

But now you have to be 18 or so to shoot off a devastating black cat.
The pussification of our youth continues.
When I was a kid....7 or 8 or so, the folks would hand us a bag with enough fire power in it to blow an arm or a leg off...hand us a lit cigarette to use as a punk with a pack as backups...and send us down to the corner gas station to set them off. Good times.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because I'm a good American......I have a desire to blow some shit up this weekend.
I have a pack of black cats but not wanting to be too extreme. Do they still make baby gorillas? Lady fingers? Peacocks? Those were awesome fireworks for toddlers.

But now you have to be 18 or so to shoot off a devastating black cat.
The pussification of our youth continues.
When I was a kid....7 or 8 or so, the folks would hand us a bag with enough fire power in it to blow an arm or a leg off...hand us a lit cigarette to use as a punk with a pack as backups...and send us down to the corner gas station to set them off. Good times.
Haven't sploded anything since I was a teenager.
Of course, you have to travel to SC or TN from here to get anything that does more than sparkle.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't sploded anything since I was a teenager.
Of course, you have to travel to SC or TN from here to get anything that does more than sparkle.

It's not fair that only radical terrorists can blow shit up without any repercussions in this country.
Uncle Sam and Yankee Doodle say light it up!!
Raining here however.....puts a damper on it. Keeps the range fire threat down, which is good over the Fourth weekend. But a wet wick is a sad wick. Which is totally opposit of my normal thinking.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning knuckles

Lots of fireworks stores here. The hitch is, when you purchase you sign a waiver saying you'll be taking them across state lines to shoot drove by last night and the store had a line out the door. 'Merica

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy 4th of July weekend, knucks!

I went to a farmer's market about an hour from home this morning with my neighbor......bought all kinds of goodies like Delmonico's and Strip steaks for Mike to cook on the grill tomorrow, kohlrabi (never had it before), red potatoes, zucchini and squash, black raspberry dressing, tomatillo salsa and some stuffed cabbage which I have cooking now. The house smells amazing. Lots to do and nowhere to go.......so, I think I should join in with the napping. I'm a little tired right about now! ;-)

Enjoy your wicks and wagging!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning knuckles! I am up but not enjoying it much yet. I also trashed my back last Tuesday and am sitting very, very carefully waiting for ibuprofen and tramadol to take the edge off the pain. I think it is less today? I got out of bed without a 30" process of inch by inch. Damn. @2pak2zero, I do hope you are feeling better!

Mom was at death's door (literally) yesterday in ICU with pneumonia and sepsis but by evening she seemed to be doing much better and holding her own. Emotional roller coaster!

That's my news for the moment. It's great to play ketchup here. It is a nice diversion from the RL stuffs. :inlove:

Storm52

Member For 4 Years
Good morning knuckles! I am up but not enjoying it much yet. I also trashed my back last Tuesday and am sitting very, very carefully waiting for ibuprofen and tramadol to take the edge off the pain. I think it is less today? I got out of bed without a 30" process of inch by inch. Damn. @2pak2zero, I do hope you are feeling better!

Mom was at death's door (literally) yesterday in ICU with pneumonia and sepsis but by evening she seemed to be doing much better and holding her own. Emotional roller coaster!

That's my news for the moment. It's great to play ketchup here. It is a nice diversion from the RL stuffs. :inlove:

Not "like" able post Glow. Prayers for you and mom.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

((((((((Glowiest))))))))

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

bugger :(

Taki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Can't like this but thoughts for your mom

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Who is attending fireworks?

Or doing them at home?

Can't buy them here. On our national day we just have barbeques and beer.

We don't do them and we don't go see them. Too much traffic and they are over so quick, it doesn't make it worth it. We do the BBQ, drink beer part.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'm sorry you are in so much pain, Glow.......both physically and mentally. It has to be hard to be on the road so much with your mom not close beside you. I hope you have a few days of rest and relaxation ahead!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Above liked for support only ...

The part below just plain liked ...

I hope you and Mom are feeling better in short order.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am off until at least Tuesday morning. Perhaps even longer. If I still have enough pain that I have to take meds all day/night, I won't be on the truck. I will be off to visit my friendly Osteopath for a little adjustment. I keep thinking that a 61 year old woman in my bad shape should not be doing the stuff I do to keep the wheels turning on these trucks. At least not on other people's trucks. It's one thing to work on my own truck but they don't pay me enough to work on their trucks.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am off until at least Tuesday morning. Perhaps even longer. If I still have enough pain that I have to take meds all day/night, I won't be on the truck. I will be off to visit my friendly Osteopath for a little adjustment. I keep thinking that a 61 year old woman in my bad shape should not be doing the stuff I do to keep the wheels turning on these trucks. At least not on other people's trucks. It's one thing to work on my own truck but they don't pay me enough to work on their trucks.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom!

Sorry to be so late, but went out to play and shop from this morning . . . . .

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

(((((((((Glowiest))))))))) best thoughts

VU Sponsors