Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning and happy Independence Day peeps!

Supposed to rain all day here. So far, the forecast was on point.

So, I didn't make a video, but I have tried the vegemite a couple times now. It is good in a very weird way. It's such a different flavor. Not sure if will become a staple in my diet, but want to try it with some other combinations. Oh, and talk about a flavor that keeps on giving. Eat a bit at 7am and still taste it at 7pm.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy 4th Knucklebutts.

It's officially summer here. I live in a place that has a huge influx of summer people, and they've all arrived. There are two bungalow colonies located about a mile down the road. I have to start walking at like 6 am if I want to avoid saying good morning to a bunch of stroller pushing women with strings of kids trailing behind.
Sigh.
And yesterday I literally had to tell people to get the hell off my lawn. More private property signs going up today.
:gaah:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy 4th Knucklebutts.

It's officially summer here. I live in a place that has a huge influx of summer people, and they've all arrived. There are two bungalow colonies located about a mile down the road. I have to start walking at like 6 am if I want to avoid saying good morning to a bunch of stroller pushing women with strings of kids trailing behind.
Sigh.
And yesterday I literally had to tell people to get the hell off my lawn. More private property signs going up today.
Sounds like a vegetable stand would be a hit.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far have had red fish made by emeril lagasse's right hand chef (to die for), crawfish sausage with pico de gallo, bbq sauce, cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños. Ehhhhh at least I've tried it. Tried bubble tea (ewww can't get over the texture) and a local beer. Still several things to try and do, but haven't gone as far last few days because of traffic with the holiday weekend. Saw fireworks last night from a coffee shop. Still planning a stop at a few vapor shops, a day or two at the French quarter. Still lots of drinks to try too lol.

Hope everyone has a great 4th, smooches y'all

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and happy Independence Day peeps!

Supposed to rain all day here. So far, the forecast was on point.

So, I didn't make a video, but I have tried the vegemite a couple times now. It is good in a very weird way. It's such a different flavor. Not sure if will become a staple in my diet, but want to try it with some other combinations. Oh, and talk about a flavor that keeps on giving. Eat a bit at 7am and still taste it at 7pm.
Lol. Glad you like it.

Morning knuckles

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So far have had red fish made by emeril lagasse's right hand chef (to die for), crawfish sausage with pico de gallo, bbq sauce, cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños. Ehhhhh at least I've tried it. Tried bubble tea (ewww can't get over the texture) and a local beer. Still several things to try and do, but haven't gone as far last few days because of traffic with the holiday weekend. Saw fireworks last night from a coffee shop. Still planning a stop at a few vapor shops, a day or two at the French quarter. Still lots of drinks to try too lol.

Hope everyone has a great 4th, smooches y'all
Be sure to try a beignet at cafe du monde, down by the river and farmers market :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good morning knuckles! I am up but not enjoying it much yet. I also trashed my back last Tuesday and am sitting very, very carefully waiting for ibuprofen and tramadol to take the edge off the pain. I think it is less today? I got out of bed without a 30" process of inch by inch. Damn. @2pak2zero, I do hope you are feeling better!

Mom was at death's door (literally) yesterday in ICU with pneumonia and sepsis but by evening she seemed to be doing much better and holding her own. Emotional roller coaster!

That's my news for the moment. It's great to play ketchup here. It is a nice diversion from the RL stuffs. :inlove:
Like everyone else I cannot like this post.

I'm really sorry about both your mom and your back. Hugs.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who is attending fireworks?

Or doing them at home?

Can't buy them here. On our national day we just have barbeques and beer.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
It's just another day for us, nothing special other than hoping it rains significantly before dark so the fireworks don't set everything on fire and making sure I get the dogs fed and taken out before all of the noise starts. They really don't like fireworks!

Oh and lamenting the fact that there will be absolutely nothing of interest on TV. :(

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ee9843e85a86bd8bbf42411d7fe3daae.jpg

Beignets and the biggest ice coffee ever

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
liver, blood sugar, thyroid etc okay :bliss:

cholesterol up :kickbutt:dr said "try cycling and swimming" and i nearly fell off my chair. I need to be better about walking and food though
Guess it depends on whether you'd prefer wearing spandex cycling bibs or a speedo. Of course, you could wear either while walking too.

Where do Aussies fall in the men's swimming fashion. Big shorts like Americans or lil speedos like the Europeans?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning knuckles

Thankfully doing plenty of walking here, because the food is amazing and I'm sure I'll be 10 lbs heavier on the flight back. Absolutely love this city, and all the yummy stuff they make. Keep forgetting pictures of food stuff but had muffuletta sandwiches (omg!) so good, Italian mushrooms, boudain balls, meat pie (eh), and so many other little treats. This morning heading out for coffee and more beignets . Having a blast

3a4563e73be5e317f25c797330b76570.jpg

My hurricane yesterday
b9b3769d9b31189de01cbf6f0692491e.jpg

Soft shell crab and other seafood over the lake
9df8d6288a6ff4c5cd1afa33d7c30fbb.jpg

French quarter
626fab49d4cdf90d2665aecac9e831ed.jpg

Jackson square

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy 4th Knucklebutts.

Sigh.
funny-pictures-history-get-off-my-lawn.jpeg
OR
GetOffMyLawn_zps40879587.jpg

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Knucks.

I made it out of bed once again. Went to the Osteopath yesterday and the pain is amazing today! Didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong. Damn. Just plain DAMN!

Mom is pretty much the same: sedated with morphine and ativan to ease her panic and breathing. She was moved to hospice yesterday evening. We are just doing shifts sitting with her and talking to her whether she responds or not. I have done the hospital thing with her and dad so often that I think it helps me stay in denial most of the time. I just slip into "management" mode and keep the emotions at bay. This will be the first time mom didn't come home with me after getting well. Then I can be a basket case, right? Right.

Thank you all for the very kind thoughts and prayers. I appreciate the ability to talk about this on here. It really does help. Love all of you!!!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning Knucks.

I made it out of bed once again. Went to the Osteopath yesterday and the pain is amazing today! Didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong. Damn. Just plain DAMN!

Mom is pretty much the same: sedated with morphine and ativan to ease her panic and breathing. She was moved to hospice yesterday evening. We are just doing shifts sitting with her and talking to her whether she responds or not. I have done the hospital thing with her and dad so often that I think it helps me stay in denial most of the time. I just slip into "management" mode and keep the emotions at bay. This will be the first time mom didn't come home with me after getting well. Then I can be a basket case, right? Right.

Thank you all for the very kind thoughts and prayers. I appreciate the ability to talk about this on here. It really does help. Love all of you!!!

peace to you and mumma dragon, glow

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Knucks.

Love you (((Glow)))

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Knucks.

(((((((Glow))))))))

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn furry mama. It saddens my heart to hear this.
My thoughts and prayers for you, mom and your whole family.
I know your entire being is for mom, but please take care of yourself as well. Wish I could magically take at least a small bit of your pain from you. Pain killing and heartache easing thoughts on their way to you.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(((((Knucks))))). Back home for a nap. Too old to sleep in hospital "recliners". I believe she will see another sunrise...well, not exactly "see" but y'all know what I am saying.

All is well. Sis will have the hardest go of it. Mom is her very bestest friend of all time. Damn. Guess I will have to put up with the little shit a bit more now. Just kidding. A little dark humor?

See ya in the morning.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning Knucks.

My heart goes out to you, Glow........with lots of prayers and thoughts.

VU Sponsors