Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A small tip, don't come in July too hot. But definitely a fun place to be

When we went it was July, too. Record high temps that year and one of the local diner workers took Mike and I out back and fried an egg right on the cement........Yeah, it was hot!! LOL

Have you tried fried alligator? I thought it was pretty awesome!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When we went it was July, too. Record high temps that year and one of the local diner workers took Mike and I out back and fried an egg right on the cement........Yeah, it was hot!! LOL

is it similar to crocodile? tastes kinda like chicken, but with a texture like the most terrible gristle part of a cheap steak cut?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No fried alligator, did try alligator sausage and crawfish sausage. Both were interesting but not necessarily something I'd want again, not awful either. Hoping to come back in the fall or spring and be able to walk around more and see more that way, we walked Decatur st for a while and saw that there was so much more I would have liked to see, but just too hot to keep walking. Every part of the city is pretty in its own way. Absolutely love the huge old trees covered in Spanish moss lining the roads in downtown areas. The lake is beautiful. Completely fell in love with the city as a whole, the atmosphere is so different and fun and everyone is so friendly

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Morning Knucks.

I made it out of bed once again. Went to the Osteopath yesterday and the pain is amazing today! Didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong. Damn. Just plain DAMN!

Mom is pretty much the same: sedated with morphine and ativan to ease her panic and breathing. She was moved to hospice yesterday evening. We are just doing shifts sitting with her and talking to her whether she responds or not. I have done the hospital thing with her and dad so often that I think it helps me stay in denial most of the time. I just slip into "management" mode and keep the emotions at bay. This will be the first time mom didn't come home with me after getting well. Then I can be a basket case, right? Right.

Thank you all for the very kind thoughts and prayers. I appreciate the ability to talk about this on here. It really does help. Love all of you!!!
Glow I simply cannot like this, I don't know what to say. The best I can do is to offer cyber Hugs and let you know I care and am thinking about you.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
acce8149ab2826da34dee55c76c3b95e.jpg

a13f5b4bc36e150e1d6c39e9ea57012e.jpg

6e804445fcf5b1e2ebf6ea4e1d716fd1.jpg

706a491f0e0366458c87bdb6815fd77a.jpg

Foggy. Expecting a sunny day

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer mechs. There is a noticeable delay between pressing fire and something happening.

Looking forward to my series kiwi mech to run these claptons

Yeah that should fire them up.

Oh well, off to bed. Back to see k's dad tomorrow. He's not doing well at all. In hospice and hasn't been conscious all day.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As i left the b & m today, stu asked if i was going tomorrow

I asked where

He said "billion lives" but i didn't really hear him (premiers tomorrow)

Have spent the last 8 hours wondering who "Bill" is

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

She's taking it pretty hard and I don't feel like I'm very good at consoling her.

Dunno
Please don't feel that way. You are doing more than you will ever know or she will ever be able to express. Just you presence is comforting. Hugs when she needs one, a fresh cup of coffee when her cup is empty, some shared memories, tears and giggles....all this is part of the grieving and you are her best friend and soulmate. Your are very good at consoling her.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.
- Charlie Daniels

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mom went home to Glory at 5:45p.m. today. She is at peace and strangely enough, so am I. I know it will be an emotional roller coaster and I have only gone through one of many crying episodes, but right now I am just OK. Or maybe just exhausted and empty? I prefer to pick OK. Thanks for holding my hand through the waiting and praying.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the sadness has driven everyone off the forum. Sorry if I was a downer. Hopefully it is just that y'all are enjoying the summer fun times and will come back later.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mom went home to Glory at 5:45p.m. today. She is at peace and strangely enough, so am I. I know it will be an emotional roller coaster and I have only gone through one of many crying episodes, but right now I am just OK. Or maybe just exhausted and empty? I prefer to pick OK. Thanks for holding my hand through the waiting and praying.

I'm so sorry, Glow. Big hugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This week has been full of shitty news....here and all over our "great" country.
Family members of our family here passing...cops killing and being killed...our rigged political debacle....
We need some good news.
All I got is that I luvs you knuckles!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This week has been full of shitty news....here and all over our "great" country.
Family members of our family here passing...cops killing and being killed...our rigged political debacle....
We need some good news.
All I got is that I luvs you knuckles!

Doggies beat the tigers yesterday. I think I had six or seven coronaries throughout the game, but we won.

... No bush fires here lately

VU Sponsors